Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

#bring Back Our Girls. #3 Years Too Long #no More Excuses - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / #bring Back Our Girls. #3 Years Too Long #no More Excuses (414 Views)

Brila Fm Please Bring Back Our Paparazi!!! / Alhaji Razak Gawat, Five Years Too Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#bring Back Our Girls. #3 Years Too Long #no More Excuses by AttorneyTee(m): 8:00am On Apr 14, 2017
On the 20th of January 2012, I witness firsthand the horror of terrorism being perpetuated by boko haram. I lost two friends in this attack by boko haram, was almost killed myself. They justified the killing of my two friends with the statement that they were Christians who preached western values and as such they are not wanted in Kano state. I grieved over their death for several months because I felt that they did not deserve to die. Upon hearing the abduction of the 276 Chibok school girls and Shekau statement after the kidnap ‘’slavery is allowed in my religion, Allah instructed me to sell them and I will carry out his instruction ‘it sent a chill down my spine and I couldn’t help but empathize with the parents of those girls.
Voltaire once said those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities, he is right because that is the only justifiable reason I can get for the abduction, killings and other inhumane activities being perpetuated by boko haram. I can’t fathom any joy or gain there is in causing pain to other people, depriving them of basic necessities of life because they don’t adhere to your believes. Yet desperate but powerless after 3 years, still relying on a miracle this Chibok girls and their family deserve better. The young girls studying hard at school before their mass kidnapping has now become a symbol of our apparent weakness to protect the young lives.
Tragically news about the girls of Chibok has now become like hearsay or some farfetched theory and the harsh reality is that the girls, most with dreams of a university degree and careers, has vanished from the face of the earth as the world patiently waits. The treatment of the Chibok girls is among one of the worst horrors inflicted daily on children in conflict zones in a rising number of civil wars which are now at its highest level in 40years. It’s been three whole years and still their parents wake up each morning not knowing whether their daughters are alive or dead, married or single or violated as slaves. They surely deserve more than a forlorn of hope.
The government has done quite a lot within these 3years of the girls’ abduction, coupled with the rescue rehabilitation and reintegration of 80 out of 276 Chibok girls that are in boko haram captivity, but the government needs to do more to rescue the remaining girls still in captivity and president Muhammad Buhari needs to keep his promise as stated during his inauguration “The nation cannot claim to have defeated boko haram without rescuing the Chibok girls and all other innocent persons held hostage by the insurgent. The government will do all it can to rescue them alive”. We the citizens need to do more to pressurize the government to act and also pass the violence against persons prohibition bill (VAAP) that ensure the prosecution of those responsible for sexual violence once captured.
# 3 YEARS TOO LONG
# NO MORE EXCUSES
# BRING BACK OUR GIRLS

Re: #bring Back Our Girls. #3 Years Too Long #no More Excuses by diablos: 8:03am On Apr 14, 2017
Bring back which girls? Haven't u heard the nigerian army cleared ground zero of sambisa forest where d alleged girls were being kept, so where do you want them to bring girls from? Or u have their new location?
Re: #bring Back Our Girls. #3 Years Too Long #no More Excuses by thesicilian: 8:05am On Apr 14, 2017
No Chibok girl was kidnapped
Re: #bring Back Our Girls. #3 Years Too Long #no More Excuses by AttorneyTee(m): 10:39am On Apr 14, 2017
thesicilian:
No Chibok girl was kidnapped
are you serious right now??

(1) (Reply)

Annie Idibia And 2face Expecting Their Third 3rd Together / Video: Sugarboy Ft. Kiss Daniel – Kilamity / May Day: Gombe Workers Hail Dankwambo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.