Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission (30629 Views)

Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) / Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge (Photos) / Fashola Inspects Reconstruction Of Enugu - Port Harcourt Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by obiremy: 10:24am On Apr 14, 2017
FOR IMPROVED POWER SECTOR DELIVERY

Hon. Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN inspecting helicopters used for tracing faults on 330KV Transmission lines for purposes of determining necessary maintenance by the defunct National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) now a responsibility of the Transmission Company of Nigeria on Thursday 13th, April 2017 in Ikeja, Lagos.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/04/fashola-inspects-helicopters-used-for.html?m=1

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by Drversatile: 10:31am On Apr 14, 2017
NEPA was better than this privatization .

Modified:

In sane clime privatization works but in Nigeria reverse is the case. Where is Nigeria Airways? NITEL? Ajaokuta etc?

I just don't know where we got it wrong.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by PetroleumJelly: 10:33am On Apr 14, 2017
So they have not even repainted the helli's since?

Still has NEPA

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by bjt(m): 10:41am On Apr 14, 2017
Oh, they have eventually repair one out of the many abandoned NEPA choppers. I would have suggest they buy new ones, the state of those choppers abandoned close to bristow yard is terrible, i just hope repairing them will make them air worthy again. We no wan hear say NEPA chopper crash o!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by Homeboiy: 10:43am On Apr 14, 2017
He is posing with it not inspecting

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by PetroleumJelly: 10:45am On Apr 14, 2017
BTW, Fashola is a 100 square inch peg trying desperately hard to fit into a 20 square inch hole.

Doesn't work.

I don't care what you Nigerians say, talking about how you don't need technocrats as ministers. This isn't America, I hope you guys understand that. This is Nigeria, a developing country.

In America, technocrats have slaved over the years, such that, management of sectors can be achieved with little technical background knowledge.

There, systems work.

You can't extrapolate a working system to encompass that of a developing system, as the latter precedes the former.

What we need now are technocrats everywhere. I would even suggest technocrats with MBAs as ministers, rather than what we currently have.

We need to get our sectors working first. We need Power at 20-30GW in the next 5 years. After that, you can hire a butcher as the power minister for all I care.

Can't we just do things right for once in this country?

We are struggling with an abysmal 3GW of power and you hire a lawyer to remedy that? Sigh!

Meanwhile, humans like us, with one head, mostly 2 arms and 2 feet are out there in other countries doing wonders, while we play politics with our sectors, awarding them as spoils of electoral victory, akin to war.

Google already had self driving cars, Tesla has electric vehicles you simply charge up like your phone.

What are we doing

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by MediumStout(m): 10:49am On Apr 14, 2017
[s]
PetroleumJelly:
BTW, Fashola is a 100 square inch peg trying desperately hard to fit into a 20 square inch hole.

Doesn't work.

I don't care what you Nigerians say, talking about how you don't need technocrats as ministers. This isn't America, I hope you guys understand that. This is Nigeria, a developing country.

In America, technocrats have slaved over the years, such that, management of sectors can be achieved with little technical background knowledge.

There, systems work.

You can't extrapolate a working system to encompass that of a developing system, as the latter proceeds the former.

What we need now are technocrats everywhere. I would even suggest technocrats with MBAs as ministers, rather than what we currently have.

We need to get our sectors working first. We need Power at 20-30GW in the next 5 years. After that, you can higher a butcher as the power minister for all I care.

Can't we just do thinfs right for once in this country?

We are struggling with an abysmal 3GW of power and you hire a lawyer to remedy that? Sigh!

Meanwhile, humans like us, with one head, mostly 2 arms and 2 feet are out there in other countries doing wonders, while we play politics with our sectors, awarding them as spoils of electoral victory, akin to war.

Google already had self driving cars, Tesla has electric vehicles you simply charge up like your phone.

What are we doing

[/s]

Trash! Trasher!! Trashest!!!

23 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by PetroleumJelly: 10:50am On Apr 14, 2017
MediumStout:
[s][/s]

If you have a point, let it be known.

36 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by onyii255(m): 11:06am On Apr 14, 2017
MediumStout:
[s][/s]

Many are mad, few are roaming..

42 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 14, 2017
Minister of darkness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by Desyner: 11:49am On Apr 14, 2017
In serious nations they use SCADA to monitor power system failure more.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by bettercreature(m): 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
Drversatile:
NEPA was better than this privatization

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by Tazdroid(m): 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hm
Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by obembet(f): 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2017
Dh
Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by Tazdroid(m): 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
MediumStout:
[s][/s]

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by oshe11: 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
IF THE WHISTLE BLOWER REFUSES TO TELL US THE NAME OF THE OWNER OF THE MONEY, HE SHUD BE ARRESTED AS THE OWNER

UNLESS HE HAS TOLD THE EFCC BUT THE ARE HIDING IT FOR SOME REASON

IF AN AGENCY LIKE EFCC CANNOT INVESTIGATE AND PROVIDE THE NAME OF THE OWNER OF AN APARTMENT THEN EFCC SHOULD BE SCRAPPED COS ITS USELESS.....

AGENT IS JUST A MIDDLEMAN, ABI THE LANDLORD NOR WRITE RECEIPT GIVE THE TENANT....

WHO IS DECEIVING WHO?

EFCC IS USELESS AND THEY HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED SINCE TIME IMMEMORIAL

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by Tazdroid(m): 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
PetroleumJelly:

Doesn't work.

There, systems work.

You can't extrapolate a working system to encompass that of a developing system, as the latter proceeds the former.

We need to get our sectors working first. We need Power at 20-30GW in the next 5 years. After that, you can higher a butcher as the power minister for all I care.

What are we doing

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by Politicalapathy: 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
wetin do am

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by gabazin080(m): 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
minister of darkness
Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by KINGwax007(m): 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
Pls, give us our NEPA, back. Abeg
Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by AlexCk: 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hmm,

Till now we no dey get better light oo, make dem inspect why we no fit generate and transmit power to our homes o, shoo, na choppers dem dey inspect(i knw safety first) .

57yrs old country can't still provide a steady power supply, nawa o.
Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
PetroleumJelly:
[s]BTW, Fashola is a 100 square inch peg trying desperately hard to fit into a 20 square inch hole[/s].

[s]Doesn't work.

I don't care what you Nigerians say, talking about how you don't need technocrats as ministers. This isn't America, I hope you guys understand that. This is Nigeria, a developing country.[/s]

[s]In America, technocrats have slaved over the years, such that, management of sectors can be achieved with little technical background knowledge.[/s]

[s]There, systems work.

What we need now are technocrats everywhere. I would even suggest technocrats with MBAs as ministers, rather than what we currently have.[/s]

[s]We need to get our sectors working first. We need Power at 20-30GW in the next 5 years. After that, you can higher a butcher as the power minister for all I care.

We are struggling with an abysmal 3GW of power and you hire a lawyer to remedy that? Sigh![/s]

[s]Meanwhile, humans like us, with one head, mostly 2 arms and 2 feet are out there in other countries doing wonders, while we play politics with our sectors, awarding them as spoils of electoral victory, akin to war.

What are we doing[/s]

Rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by modelsms(m): 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2017
Okay oo. Abeg i no get light for my base in Enugu.
Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by obailala(m): 12:39pm On Apr 14, 2017
PetroleumJelly:

Doesn't work.

There, systems work.

What are we doing

No offence but this argument holds no water, we have several agencies under the ministry that are headed by technocrats; Nigeria's power infrastructure today is also largely privatised and are being run by technocrats while the ministry of power only oversees. A known fact is that the biggest problems plaguing the Nigerian power sector today aren't even technical issues, they are more of administrative and legal issues; disputes between worker's unions, GENCOS, TRANSCO, DISCOs and gas suppliers. Fashola also seems to be doing a good job at settling a number of those disputes; supply some of the much needed funds in the sector and a lot of bottlenecks would be broken. Except you mean to tell me an engineer/technocrat would solve the sector's problems without money just as the previous technical ministers achieved greatness; or maybe an engineer as the power minister would somehow pacify our pipeline vandals and miraculously supply gas.

Meanwhile, you dont expect a large pile of rotten garbage power infrastructure to be transformed into uninterrupted power overnight, do you?

cc: fxkay1

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 14, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Tdayof what year is this?
Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by wengerjay(m): 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
Drversatile:
NEPA was better than this privatization
I concur.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by Primusinterpares(m): 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
Helicopter 4 tracing fault This is indeed stone age ...
So them never hear of things like oscilloscopes to detect d fault before it fails
Chia...i weep 4 my kontri

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission by fxkay1: 12:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
With all due respect to Fashola, pictures like this will not solve the power issue in Nigeria.

He is a Lawyer and not an engineer he won't have the luxury to make very quick decision on several issues facing the sector.he will always have to consult an aide on the technical sector problems

He will not be able to design a workflow that will enable us have 24 7 electricity in Nigeria on the fly.....

Just saying

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, Okorocha' Son-In-Law Next Governor Of Imo- House Of Assembly / Senate Threatens To Issue Arrest Warrant For Lai Mohammed, Others / My Suspension By Ayu Last Kick Of A Dead Horse — Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.