Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk (52284 Views)

Churchill says he honored Tonto with marriage in interview that led to outburst / Pictures Of Mr Eazi On Uk's Channel 4 Sunday Brunch Programme / 4 Nigerian Female Celebrities That Have Hot Abs (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by ijayebonyi(f): 9:01am On Apr 15, 2017
His headache none of my business
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by kaelz(m): 9:01am On Apr 15, 2017
This guy just burst my head men, so love this dude.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by adelakay(m): 9:01am On Apr 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by jullty: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by hobermener: 9:02am On Apr 15, 2017
F
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Donjazzy12(m): 9:02am On Apr 15, 2017
blizzcelebTv:
Wizkid Speaks With an Accent in New Interview and Naija Twitter Goes Berserk (VIDEO)

Wizkid now wields an accent many Nigerian radio presenters will die for, and this has triggered a major conversation on social media.

Yesterday, a new video of the ‘Come Closer’ singer’s interview with UK’s Channel 4 emerged, in the interview he talked about his sound, music videos and the components he brings into every production to make them stand out. He is intent on changing the global perception of Nigerian music.

“There is so much beautiful things in Africa – Africa is so beautiful, and that’s what I’m trying to do with my music now,” said the highly successful singer, adding that he includes his cultural heritage in his videos, including “African princes.”

“I’m making sure I have my stuff tailored. I’m always strategic with it so that the world can see it in a great light,” Wizkid adds.

watch the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKgfGxVL4fQ

https://www.olisa.tv/2017/04/wizkid-speaks-accent-new-interview-naija-twitter-goes-berserk-video/
The accent is American not British.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Elemi1(m): 9:03am On Apr 15, 2017
Baba nla, daddy yo... Kwontinu cool

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by martinz1: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2017
If u often stay outside naija and still come back with ur old accent, that means u will find it difficult in learning

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Frolic: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2017
Damn ! There is even this matured side to him now. Truly, he be Baba now!
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by chimhigher(m): 9:04am On Apr 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by ShakurMY(m): 9:09am On Apr 15, 2017
Something is wrong with the Africa's mentality.
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Frolic: 9:11am On Apr 15, 2017
lovelygurl:
Loooool grin

Wow he is really good, I mean normally you know it when someone is faking an accent but this is really good. He only has mini slight Nigerian accent in it shocked

BUT DUDE THIS IS NOT COOL

I do understand that he wants his music to be known worldwide BUT you can also do that by being proud of you are! Why faking it?!

First he dyed his haur blonde, then faked his accredited to. Next will be blue eyes and bleached skin lipsrsealed
I don't think he's faking anything . Dyeing the hair is perhaps the latest "it" for naija celebs check out Olamide, wande coal and all... Dem niggas in the streets proudly imitating too down to the creeks in Ilorin... Mark my words, Wizzy wont change nothing else bout his physiology save getting more inks anyways...

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by edoyad(m): 9:13am On Apr 15, 2017
Naija for you, small time now Efe go start form South African or Romanian accent
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by fotadmowmend(m): 9:14am On Apr 15, 2017
Like like like like like...... Haba
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by repogirl(f): 9:14am On Apr 15, 2017
Wouldnt call it British accent, fusion of naija phonetics with American and some British. Its very clear and easy to follow. Shows he's really smart, to have adapted this way.

Anyway he was never bad with English before. If it were Olajumoke the exbreadseller, I woulda been really impressed.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by IamAirforce1: 9:17am On Apr 15, 2017
Starboy always killing it. smiley

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 15, 2017
Frolic:
I don't think he's faking anything . Dyeing the hair is perhaps the latest "it" for naija celebs check out Olamide, wande coal and all... Dem niggas in the streets proudly imitating too down to the creeks in Ilorin... Mark my words, Wizzy wont change nothing else bout his physiology save getting more inks anyways...

I think the accent is fake. There's no way it can't be. It's extremely difficult, almost impossible for teenagers to not have the accent of the language they grew up with.

The fact that he even learned how to make the American accent sound so real! Lol I'm surprised but you know, I just don't think it's necessary.

Oh boy if I had the Nigerian accent grin . I will be rocking it up and down. It sounds like music!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by gurnam: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2017
Very cool dude.
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by verygudbadguy(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2017
I see nothing bad Innit...

Boi proudly showcasing us, Africans everywhere...

We should be prouda dat... Niggas always reacting like they are jobless...

Blessed Wizzy!
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Edum13656: 9:23am On Apr 15, 2017
like Gifty like Wizkid...
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by 2shur: 9:27am On Apr 15, 2017
Send me your acct nos
When dj khaled
Rick ross
Birdman
Nikki
Milli
Dmx
And other rappers in america start speaking in our naija ascent.
I'm so ashamed to be a nigerian.
Fake lives everywhere.
Some niggi be jumpin over 25m
Wen we dey pick above 25m steady
Everyone wan speak phonetics
By fire bai force.
No wonder whites call us black monkeys

Fake asses everywhete.
Wannabez everywhere
Fucking retarded country.
We are naija.
We speak english very clear.
We raise our tongues
And not speak through our nose.
Fools been copying the wrong things 4 eva men

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by missjane: 9:32am On Apr 15, 2017
Wow..impressed...
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by JamesReacher(m): 9:33am On Apr 15, 2017
lovelygurl:

I think the accent is fake. There's no way it can't be. It's extremely difficult, almost impossible for teenagers to not have the accent of the language they grew up with.

The fact that he even learned how to make the American accent sound so real! Lol I'm surprised but you know, I just don't think it's necessary.

Oh boy if I had the Nigerian accent grin . I will be rocking it up and down. It sounds like music!
He's not faking nothing! Stick to ur own accent.
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Frolic: 9:33am On Apr 15, 2017
lovelygurl:

He has learned it, earned it, so, let him use it. So, what accent do u have? German intoned accent? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by gangwolf(m): 9:34am On Apr 15, 2017
Why can't people talk about Come Closer being number 58 on the hot 100 charts or the message on his interview?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by bolayei: 9:34am On Apr 15, 2017
karma2000:
rubbish
How is it rubbish?
What is a Nigeria accent?
What is the nigerian language?
The guy just spoke in English without adding yoruba, ibo or hausa accent.
You need to hear tafawa balewa speak.
Nigerians are meant to speak in English but in village accent?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 15, 2017
His own cup of tea.
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by JamesReacher(m): 9:37am On Apr 15, 2017
2shur:
Send me your acct nos
When dj khaled
Rick ross
Birdman
Nikki
Milli
Dmx
And other rappers in america start speaking in our naija ascent.
I'm so ashamed to be a nigerian.
Fake lives everywhere.
Some niggi be jumpin over 25m
Wen we dey pick above 25m steady
Everyone wan speak phonetics
By fire bai force.
No wonder whites call us black monkeys

Fake asses everywhete.
Wannabez everywhere
Fucking retarded country.
We are naija.
We speak english very clear.
We raise our tongues
And not speak through our nose.
Fools been copying the wrong things 4 eva men
Which whites called you black monkey? Una go just dey bring something out of nothing to keep your hopes high. See as u dey abuse ursef, u dey foolish o guy

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Frolic: 9:39am On Apr 15, 2017
gangwolf:
Why can't people talk about Come Closer being number 58 on the hot 100 charts or the message on his interview?

You go ahead and talk about it then. We are here dancing to the tune of this thread

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by skitkid2(m): 9:40am On Apr 15, 2017
lovelygurl:
Loooool grin

Wow he is really good, I mean normally you know it when someone is faking an accent but this is really good. He only has mini slight Nigerian accent in it shocked

BUT DUDE THIS IS NOT COOL

I do understand that he wants his music to be known worldwide BUT you can also do that by being proud of who you are! Why faking it?!

First he dyed his hair blonde, then faked his accent. Next will be blue eyes and bleached skin lipsrsealed

YOU CAN NEVER BE THEM! Be proud of who you are! That's the only why you can be the best. Who else can be better than you if you are being yourself
You have no point.

Because you use a mobile phone from China, means you want to be like the Chinese abi?

When will we stop this pointless criticism?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chika Ike Poses With Her Benz G-wagon And Channel Bag (photos) / Flavour And Sandra Okagbue Are Back Together / Ramsey Nouah, Jim Ikye, Williams Uchemba, AY Makun Dressed Up As Hausa On Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.