Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub (5258 Views)

Ore Is More Economic Hub Than Onitsha. / Which Nigerian Leader in 2019 Can Transform The Country To Look Like This?(Photo / Diezani Alison-Madueke At An African Store In London Today? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by Gigacom: 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by Feraz(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
Gigacom:
I wouldn't want to see this on FP. It would be derailed.
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by Gigacom: 1:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
cc: lalasticlala, OAM4J, Mynd44
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by Cjrane2: 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
OreMI22:
When Nigeria had 19 states, Owerri was the ONLY state capital without an airport. When Sam Mbakwe asked FG to build in Owerri an airport as they had built in the other 18 state capitals, he was flatly told NO!

So Mbakwe was undeterred by FG rejection and went on to mobilize his people to build the Owerri airport when it was thought to be a mission impossible for a state government.

Since the FG excluded the SE region from federal railway projects, the region should mobilize and build it's own railway network.

The total length of a railway network connecting these cities isn't even up to 600KM.

So it's not a big deal if the affected states work together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UW0CE6A_bo

The rail link is the number one priority above everything else.

Then power stations using coal and gas are the second priority

1 Like

Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by DankemzI(m): 12:00am On Apr 24, 2017
Newsi:
We need all the Igbos in the house here
NwaforIgbo, Africonji, GodProtectIgbox, PDJT, plessis, InyinyaAgbaOku, afam4eva, , drake2000x, DaniDani, ZombieTERROR, DollarAngel, DankemzI, Sweetnik22, Ucheosefoh, porozhniy,

It's quite an insightful thread. Thanks for mentioning my moniker
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by DankemzI(m): 12:14am On Apr 24, 2017
What kills me about our region is this superiority stuff.... let be known am from Akwa Ibom cousins to Igbos same as sisters to Calabars. if you should check the Nigerian Map you'll see that we're more eastern than our current political regions. Akwa Ibom had the potential of linking mainland east with the coastal east through underground tunnel from ibaka deep sea port to Aba. Abia State but his sincere effort was thwarted by the then Theodore Orji of Abia State because of pride and political ego. The planned construction and expansion of Uyo-Ikot Ekpene-Aba road was stoned by his lackadaisical attitude, now the project is stalled in Ikot Ekpene. We need a fast rail that can take spectators from Enugu or Onitsha to calabar carnival within 20 minutes. We need integration
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by MrMaestro: 12:16am On Apr 24, 2017
I'm not igbo, I'm Yoruba, but I always love to see progress being made by Nigerians. I wish this project the best! Also, have you all thought about having an "Igbo Politics and Commonwealth" thread to talk about all things related to this? I noticed a yoruba one the other day and didn't know if there was an igbo one as well.
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by Dedetwo(m): 12:28am On Apr 24, 2017
OreMI22:
When Nigeria had 19 states, Owerri was the ONLY state capital without an airport. When Sam Mbakwe asked FG to build in Owerri an airport as they had built in the other 18 state capitals, he was flatly told NO!

So Mbakwe was undeterred by FG rejection and went on to mobilize his people to build the Owerri airport when it was thought to be a mission impossible for a state government.

Since the FG excluded the SE region from federal railway projects, the region should mobilize and build it's own railway network.

The total length of a railway network connecting these cities isn't even up to 600KM.

So it's not a big deal if the affected states work together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UW0CE6A_bo

Your sketch of the rail road or light rail is completely lacking. You should have included Igbanke, Agbor, Isele Uku, Ugwashi Uku, Umunede, Igbo-uzo and Asaba
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by thedragon: 12:35am On Apr 24, 2017
As a black foreigner from the West, I dont think separating this one Igbo tribe from their Nigerian brothers and balkanizing Nigeria is what is best. There a no ethnic differences between Igbo and Yoruba, just imaginary foibles and stupid squabbles like the Japanese once had when they were warring Japanese tribal factions. Today the Japanese are one and invisible, not warlording tribes fighting over Japan. Nigeria must be like this too and overcome tribalism as the East Asians have.
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by MrMaestro: 12:39am On Apr 24, 2017
thedragon:
As a black foreigner from the West, I dont think separating this one Igbo tribe from their Nigerian brothers and balkanizing Nigeria is what is best. There a no ethnic differences between Igbo and Yoruba, just imaginary foibles and stupid squabbles like the Japanese once had when they were warring Japanese tribal factions. Today the Japanese are one and invisible, not warlording tribes fighting over Japan. Nigeria must be like this too and overcome tribalism as the East Asians have.
There's not what is stated here I don't think. It's more development. Which everyone should be glad to see.
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by thedragon: 1:29am On Apr 24, 2017
MrMaestro:

There's not what is stated here I don't think. It's more development. Which everyone should be glad to see.

Nigeria will develop best when Nigerians see themselves as one people. A more peopled and nationalistic Nigeria means greater economy of scale, a stronger military, more potential for wealth growth for Nigerians as well as other West Africans. Nigeria should be the vanguard of the West/Central African region as One Patriotic Nigeria, not irrelevant splintered and resentful states the Chinese and other groups will take great glee into threatening and manipulating to their own ends. Your mindless tribal Nigerian and African wars haven't made your people richer, only the British and other groups whom preyed on your ignorance. The same ignorance that led my West African ancestor slaves being forced to build the White House and dying like dogs, while you blissful Nigerians sat in your primitive stupidity, happy to trade trinkets for lives.

The Black Diaspora's, most of whom are descended mostly of West African descent, existence as tribe less black people means Nigerian tribes are imaginary foibles, if the scientific tests declaring Nigerian tribes to be genetically indistinguishable aren't proof enough of this tribal absurdity. Stop it.
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 24, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 24, 2017
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by thedragon: 2:23am On Apr 24, 2017
Braden6:
If I had my way,I'd prefer Africa to be just 5 nations . More awareness needs to be raised there .

I support this idea at first glance although I have 2 issues:

1) I don't see why North Africans should rule anything as a Kingdom. The Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses Y haplogroup is eb1b1a, which originates and is found in the highest percentages in West African tribes (Yoruba and some others). The same British Medical Journal data that the Egyptian Hawass published is available on the JAMA network, and DNA tribes.com analyzed King Tut genes with it. He matches 96% black African DNA of Southern, Western, Central, Great Lake Bantu (Kenyan), and Nilotic (Nubian). All this means that the Arabs who live in Egypt are conquerors and thieves of black Africans lands, history and treasures. Why should thieves be given a kingdom? They deserve a jail cell or worse.

2) The problem with kingdoms is centralization of power. LWhile I like your idea, there will have to be decentralization as local people know their issues best and how to deal with them. Politicians also should not the richest men in Africa or Nigeria. Businessman and engineers should. Anti corruption, patriotic devotion to serve the people and the like should be part of the state and politicians who foul this maxim should be punished. That aside I don't know why Central Africa must be separate to West Africa. Central Africans are not so different than West Africans, although I guess controlling them and West Africa in one kingdom would be too hard a task. Maybe the Central Africans have their own little tribal spats, but there must be a unification and patriotrization of West African tribes like the Romans did to European tribes (whose unity led to your colonization and their enrichment at your expense).
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 24, 2017
-
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by thedragon: 2:40am On Apr 24, 2017
Braden6:
Look,I'm I'm mixed raced American , my dad is Nigerian from Oron akwa bom, while my mom is white with Swedish and Scottish roots . I could pass for Italian. I do not support any form of racism. I yearn for the betterment of all humans . My soul is to advanced for pettiness. Rcae or Skin color is totally irrelevant and I strongly believe that racial bigotry should be punishable by death.

I see. Well I am a full black man with black mother and father from the black Carribean. I am sorry to say but there will always be racism; it is human nature. There is no interracial place on Earth where blacks are not at the bottom. Non racism doesn't work for blacks or Africans as it simply leads to other races taking advantage of us, and giving their "ethnic tribes and races" privileges, jobs and power. There are scientific studies which say white people on aversgw help other whites in white only networks, while blacks are left out for their lack of unity (as you can see even in Africa there is no unity among blacks). Hence blacks cannot survive on Earth being non racist while every other race is racist. It's like entering a gun fight with a flower whole your Indian opponent brings a bazooka. In Canada Indians hire Indians or whites. Be racist or be dead.
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 24, 2017
e .
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by thedragon: 3:10am On Apr 24, 2017
Braden6:
You think that way now because of your limited and conditioned understanding . The only difference between between your outlook and mine is your ignorance about a sacred knowledge that you aren't aware of at this moment. I'll reveal that to you next time .

My opinion that non racism doesn't work for blacks is based in fact and evidence, not limited understanding of conditioning. The FACTS are that every city and country on Earth where blacks live with a sizable number of another race, blacks are the main victims of racism and we must work many times harder to compete. Blacks scrape for crumbs other races give us, develop self loathing in our destitution, and remain bottom feeders that other races pity.

The only places I know where this differs are cities like Atlanta, USA where blacks congregate in larger numbers (more when Atalanta wasn't slowly getting gentrified by whites and liberals), and systematic intercity racism isnt a factor without a super concentration of whites like most American cities. Moreoverr rich black people in Atlanta have many competent black professionals to hire and black businesses to make and support, which strengthens black Americans all the more. Atlanta had the highest number of black businesses, richest blacks, hottest black American women and the most power black Americans can have in a state surrounded by racist white rednecks. This ATL example thus proves that racism--blacks purposely helping and choosing blacks over others, like what Chinese and white people do with their own--is better the non-racist blacks in the USA who integrate and live in abject smiling poverty, before moving back down to the USA South where racism and segregation reigns. And jobs, and culture, and black peoples racism.

Blacks are leaving liberal non racist bastions like New York because there's still racism, it's just hidden and blscks' non racist attitude isn't helping them.
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by WhoRUDeceiving: 4:07am On Apr 24, 2017
Good writeup, but the East needs to figure out how to cleanse their region of thugs called leaders, as well as sabos like ROTIMI Amaechi and Theodore Orji to start with.
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by MrMaestro: 4:27am On Apr 24, 2017
Double post
Re: How Integration Can Transform Igboland Into An African Economic Hub by MrMaestro: 4:28am On Apr 24, 2017
thedragon:

I support this idea at first glance although I have 2 issues:

1) I don't see why North Africans should rule anything as a Kingdom. The Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses Y haplogroup is eb1b1a, which originates and is found in the highest percentages in West African tribes (Yoruba and some others). The same British Medical Journal data that the Egyptian Hawass published is available on the JAMA network, and DNA tribes.com analyzed King Tut genes with it. He matches 96% black African DNA of Southern, Western, Central, Great Lake Bantu (Kenyan), and Nilotic (Nubian). All this means that the Arabs who live in Egypt are conquerors and thieves of black Africans lands, history and treasures. Why should thieves be given a kingdom? They deserve a jail cell or worse.

2) The problem with kingdoms is centralization of power. LWhile I like your idea, there will have to be decentralization as local people know their issues best and how to deal with them. Politicians also should not the richest men in Africa or Nigeria. Businessman and engineers should. Anti corruption, patriotic devotion to serve the people and the like should be part of the state and politicians who foul this maxim should be punished. That aside I don't know why Central Africa must be separate to West Africa. Central Africans are not so different than West Africans, although I guess controlling them and West Africa in one kingdom would be too hard a task. Maybe the Central Africans have their own little tribal spats, but there must be a unification and patriotrization of West African tribes like the Romans did to European tribes (whose unity led to your colonization and their enrichment at your expense).

I told him this. Rosskii told him this. And now you told him this. Hopefully he'll learn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Oyegun Has Done A Good Job With APC – South-south Leaders / This Is How Atiku Would Win In Various Zone In 2019 / Enugu Rally: Ugwuanyi, CAN Pray For Nigeria’s Peace, Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.