Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,434 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. (1021 Views)

Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? / Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 / Alright Vs All Right : What's The Difference? Let's Learn. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by tellsblinks(m): 11:50am On Apr 15, 2017
What your reason for not getting admission last year?

If it was from jamb? Computer error? Or from school?

Pls tell so many of us won't do same mistake.

#WeMustGainAdmissionToOurDesiredCourse
Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by tellsblinks(m): 11:58am On Apr 15, 2017
Mine was actually late coming.

On the day of jamb I came late. On coming they where almost summiting,
On sitting down I login saw my time and felt all was good.
30mins gone and they threatened to submit all papers.
I looked at mine time seeing 2hrs left I kept complaining but no body cared.

In summary I wrote the rest sharp sharp upon.alltho i did not still finished

Results came out I got 197 sad
Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2017
Got a different course because post-ume was scraped.
Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by smardray(m): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
I had 57.9 points,applied for industrial chemistry wit a cut off point 50points...i wasnt admitted cos of not having connections..KWARUPTION..OAUPASTGLORY
Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by francisdfreak: 1:05pm On Apr 15, 2017
I have no idea why i was denied admission. I actually scored scored 61%, 16% away from yabatech's mechatronic engineering cut-off point of 45% and i still wasn't granted admission. Some of my colleagues believe it was due to my combo of two o-level results. According to them, combination of two results reduces one's chances of gaining admission.
Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by tellsblinks(m): 8:59am On Apr 16, 2017
francisdfreak:
I have no idea why i was denied admission. I actually scored scored 61%, 16% away from yabatech's mechatronic engineering cut-off point of 45% and i still wasn't granted admission. Some of my colleagues believe it was due to my combo of two o-level results. According to them, combination of two results reduces one's chances of gaining admission.

Noted smiley
Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by tellsblinks(m): 9:00am On Apr 16, 2017
smardray:
I had 57.9 points,applied for industrial chemistry wit a cut off point 50points...i wasnt admitted cos of not having connections..KWARUPTION..OAUPASTGLORY

The kwaruption really Gat me grin grin
Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by NLProblemChild(m): 11:54am On Apr 16, 2017
I have learnt alot.. God will help me dz yr to pass my jamb.. i will knw wat to do better

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by NLProblemChild(m): 11:57am On Apr 16, 2017
tellsblinks:
What your reason for not getting admission last year?

If it was from jamb? Computer error? Or from school?

Pls tell so many of us won't do same mistake.

#WeMustGainAdmissionToOurDesiredCourse
actually last yr .. i got 190 which was my skul cut off.. my o level was good. so i applied for comp sci. which is very competitive.. den i do d scrwwning. i heard 60.75% i was hapi. but been noon indigine d score wasnt enuf u guess. so dz yr. if my score range low in jamb. i will rather go for lessserrrr competive coursw for fast admission
Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by tellsblinks(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2017
I will rather stick to my desire course. and read more
Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by Utchaykuku(m): 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
Had a jamb score of 224 good o'level mech engine uniport but the "kwaruption" thingy i guess kept me at home.
Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by dessywayne(m): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
I actually scored 239 last year, went for Uniben screening exercise, but notin happened
Rumour had it that no 3rd batch was admitted.

Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by jamalchance(m): 8:46am On Apr 22, 2017
chose geology in fed university of petroleum, effurun delta state ... last i heard they had accreditation issues in some course so the couldnt admit ... so jambites dis yr watch out
Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by tellsblinks(m): 11:52am On Sep 06, 2017
jamalchance:
chose geology in fed university of petroleum, effurun delta state ... last i heard they had accreditation issues in some course so the couldnt admit ... so jambites dis yr watch out

Nice
Re: Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. by LOC1(m): 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
Geology has been reaccredited at federal university of petroleum resources..... ..

My story.
I had 237 last year with a good o level result but I wasn't offered admission at federal university of petroleum resources Delta state. I learnt that most of their pre degree students were given consideration thereby diminishing the chances of those that came in through utme.

(1) (Reply)

Why Adopting "Yahoo Boy" Lifestyle Is ALL You Need To Win BIG In Life / Fundamentals Of Fusion 360 - Stay Ahead Of The Pack / UNN Releases 2017/2018 Admission List [DOWNLOAD HERE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.