Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? (6723 Views)

Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? / OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by HumanCalc: 10:35pm On May 30, 2019
Truth be told, Medicine and surgery as a course is as much feared as it's desired by many Nigeria students looking to secure admission into the University owing to the large number of students applying to the course yearly, among which only a very small fraction would end up being selected to study course.

So, the question here for the lucky ones that was/have been given admission to study this prestigious course, how good was your WAEC and UTME result back then? And what did you do differently to have gotten such a course to study?

Kindly give your answers as it will benefit many out there looking to be like you guys.

Forgive grammatical errors...thanks

2 Likes

Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by overcomer90: 3:50am On May 31, 2019
First of all, there are no lucky ones if u don't do the needed work and u hope in luck then Oyo lo was.
Things I did differently
1. Forgave my self for believing in luck to gain MBBS admission. The price must be paid in full and even extra. Some even pay the price in advance (u know those u-16 guys that always blast jamb)
2. Read wide for bio, chem and phy.(u cant neglect any valuble shit cos it can cost u a mark. U know what 1 mark mean for MBBS admission? Read hard , Read smart. Never get angry when u fail questions cos that how u learn. The key is to keep improving. If I am to study for jamb btw now and next yr, I am sure I will learn thousands of knew things including correcting previous misconceptions.
3. Know ur capability - choose a credible school where u have the highest chances of gaining admissions for MBBS. From my experience state schools favor their indigenes, and every other geopolitical zones favor its people but ui is for all it only favor eld.
4. Study and always be on or above par with fellow aspirant in real time and online tutorials including study groups.
5. Start the blasting from o level (important subjects) waec try to get as much a as possible with at most 1 B.
This I knew very late, meaning I had to do GCE again just for the A's.
6. Get the right pqs, and textbooks.
7. Learn from ur own personal mistakes u are ur best teacher.
8. Never give up
The list goes on and on. For me no 1 and 8 where what changed my life.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by HumanCalc: 2:07pm On May 31, 2019
overcomer90:
First of all, there are no lucky ones if u don't do the needed work and u hope in luck then Oyo lo was.
Things I did differently
1. Forgave my self for believing in luck to gain MBBS admission. The price must be paid in full and even extra. Some even pay the price in advance (u know those u-16 guys that always blast jamb)
2. Read wide for bio, chem and phy.(u cant neglect any valuble shit cos it can cost u a mark. U know what 1 mark mean for MBBS admission? Read hard , Read smart. Never get angry when u fail questions cos that how u learn. The key is to keep improving. If I am to study for jamb btw now and next yr, I am sure I will learn thousands of knew things including correcting previous misconceptions.
3. Know ur capability - choose a credible school where u have the highest chances of gaining admissions for MBBS. From my experience state schools favor their indigenes, and every other geopolitical zones favor its people but ui is for all it only favor eld.
4. Study and always be on or above par with fellow aspirant in real time and online tutorials including study groups.
5. Start the blasting from o level (important subjects) waec try to get as much a as possible with at most 1 B.
This I knew very late, meaning I had to do GCE again just for the A's.
6. Get the right pqs, and textbooks.
7. Learn from ur own personal mistakes u are ur best teacher.
8. Never give up
The list goes on and on. For me no 1 and 8 where what changed my life.

Thanks for your input. What do you think about having 4As, 4Bs and 1 C4 for medicine admission
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by overcomer90: 12:03am On Jun 02, 2019
It depends on ur grades in ur 5 compulsory subjects
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by HumanCalc: 12:59am On Jun 02, 2019
overcomer90:
It depends on ur grades in ur 5 compulsory subjects
1A, 4B3s
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by overcomer90: 4:05am On Jun 04, 2019
HumanCalc:

1A, 4B3s

What's ur choice of institution?
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by WinningEleven(m): 6:53am On Jun 04, 2019
Not all uni use O level result.
I had C4 and C5 in all my core subjects in waec. I chose UI medicine.
No regrets here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by HumanCalc: 10:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
overcomer90:

What's ur choice of institution?
UNIMED....I am planning against next year jamb so I can prepare well if I start from now
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by overcomer90: 9:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
HumanCalc:

UNIMED....I am planning against next year jamb so I can prepare well if I start from now

Are u from the northern state?
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by HumanCalc: 10:56am On Jun 07, 2019
overcomer90:

Are u from the northern state?
No, Osun State. I did jamb this year sef and got 296 but I applied for engineering course due to pressure
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by Starkid3010(m): 11:54am On Jun 07, 2019
I chose ui I don't think am really good to go... cry
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by overcomer90: 3:50am On Jun 09, 2019
HumanCalc:

No, Osun State. I did jamb this year sef and got 296 but I applied for engineering course due to pressure

To be frank u have very very little or no chance with 4Bs and 1A with med and surg in Nigeria universities

It's best u choose UI that don't consider O'level points for admission.
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by Stryllex: 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
Start your PostUTME preparations today by registering with us
Contact 09077430421 to register for tutorials in UI, accommodation is available

Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by Starkid3010(m): 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
Starkid3010:
I chose ui I don't think am really good to go... cry
youre really good to go now bro!!
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by HumanCalc: 12:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
Starkid3010:
youre really good to go now bro!!
Lol, you quoted yourself. Whats your agg bro?
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by wrose(m): 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2019
Have a great appetite to learning and studying
Then study past questions a lot. This can't be over emphasized.
Overall, study smart. Ask others ahead of u their experience so as to save u the cost of going through the same experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by exynos(m): 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2019
overcomer90:

To be frank u have very very little or no chance with 4Bs and 1A with med and surg in Nigeria universities

It's best u choose UI that don't consider O'level points for admission.
Are you trying to say his O/L is not good enough?

So he needs to get parallel A's before he'll be good to go, How pathetic!
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 19, 2019
Stupid Nigerians.
Where courses like physics and mathematics(intellectually stimulating) are shunned for the less glamorous(engineering, medicine, and law).

2 Likes

Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by Suspect33(m): 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2019
HumanCalc:
1A, 4B3s
UNIZIK doesn't use o'level
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by Starkid3010(m): 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2019
HumanCalc:
Lol, you quoted yourself. Whats your agg bro?

Did you pick ui also
And what's your agg
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by HumanCalc: 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2019
Starkid3010:
Did you pick ui also And what's your agg
. Wow....Congrats bro. No, I didnt pick UI
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by HumanCalc: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2019
Starkid3010:

Did you pick ui also
And what's your agg
. Wow....Congrats bro. No, I didnt pick UI...i didnt go for mbbs sef. next year, by God's grace
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by Starkid3010(m): 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2019
HumanCalc:
. Wow....Congrats bro. No, I didnt pick UI...i didnt go for mbbs sef. next year, by God's grace
wow that's cool
You want to pick med next year
Which school
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by HumanCalc: 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2019
Starkid3010:
wow that's cool
You want to pick med next year
Which school
Unimed
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by Cardiojosh(m): 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2019
[quote author=HumanCalc post=82412459]Unimed[/quote..guy am applying the same school and course next year
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by dauddy97(m): 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2019
Squillaci:
Stupid Nigerians.
Where courses like physics and mathematics(intellectually stimulating) are shunned for the less glamorous(engineering, medicine, and law).
thanks bro. This is wat many people failed to understand. When u are in the system and u allow the system/uni to go thru you, u will see clearly.
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 21, 2019
CC:lalasticlala equally move this too.
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 24, 2019
Starkid3010:

Did you pick ui also
And what's your agg
In other words you scored 89 in the post utme to get an agg of 84.125
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2019
Starkid3010:

Did you pick ui also
And what's your agg
Please who has that guy that has big nose meme with the "I SMELL LIES CAPTION"
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by HumanCalc: 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2019
Pocohontasboo:

You can't just assume he is lying. I mean, whether he is lying or not, it doesn't really affect anyone and since you don't have any proof that he is lying, it would be inappropriate to just jump to conclusion.
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by exynos(m): 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2019
Pocohontasboo:

He's not lying, I bet you don't know what you're saying
Re: Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? by Starkid3010(m): 6:37am On Sep 25, 2019
Pocohontasboo:

In other words you scored 89 in the post utme to get an agg of 84.125
yeah is it that much for me?? grin
It's even funny....
If it's too high for you
Well it's too low for me
Can send you pic..
I don't lie like you grin :Dnever compare!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unity Schools: Cut-off Mark For Anambra Is 139 While Yobe Is 2, Zamfara 4, why? / Universities Running Hnd To Bsc Conversion Programme / Guidelines For Obtaining An International Passport:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.