Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria (1251 Views)

The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors / Have You Ever Seen An Exam Instruction So Accommodating? / OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Thepasserby(m): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
Gbagyi, Gwari or Gbari is an ethnic group mostly found in states like Niger, Nassarawa, Kaduna, Kogi and The Federal Capital Territory (FCT). With an estimated population of 15 million, the Gbagyi's are majorly farmers known for the varieties of Yam they plant.

Although they are classified as a minor ethnic group in Nigeria, an encounter with these people will leave you spell bound. They have a special ability in knowing the best way to treat a stranger or visitor. Gbagyi's believe the visitor is a King and should be treated as such. A Gbagyi man doesn't mind giving up the comfort of his home just to make a visitor feel at home. They are generally hard working, peace loving and the most accommodating ethnic group I have come across.

Their accommodating spirit was displayed for all to see when the Federal Capital Territory was moved to Abuja. These people gave up their ancestral figure (Zuma rock), homes and even settlements to be regarded as a no man's land. These very act rendered majority of them homeless and with no compensation whatsoever yet they never uttered a word. They believed that was a sacrifice they had to pay for a better Nigeria.

Apart from being accommodating, they are also known to be transparent and peace loving. It is a well known fact that a Gbagyi man will never cheat you. A Gbagyi man will prefer to be cheated instead of cheating another person.

Because of their transparency, Northerners always refer to them whenever they are about to settle a dispute. The slang "muyi shi gwari gwari" (let's do it bit by bit the gwari way) is widely used in the market place and during transactions.

The Gbagyi's may be small in population but they have a large heart that can accommodate the whole of Nigeria.

Read the complete and similar articles on www.naifizzy.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Solowande(m): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
If all ethnic groups can be like dem, den naija would have been the best place to live
Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Solowande(m): 1:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
Pls big 'LIKES' 4 the Gbagyi's

2 Likes

Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Reedahgado(f): 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
I never knw dat people will praise my tribe up to dis extend.PROUDLY GWARI[color=#000099][/color] cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
Please investigate thoroughly before posting things, I've been in Minna for some years now and judging from my and various accounts what you the op just posted is grossly wrong. If you had said the Tivs I might have considered your opinion worth believing but you are totally wrong on this one... Do your research properly

1 Like

Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
I tot it ws Afonjas neva knew a tribe like gwari exist well kudos to you, Igbo nation loves you..

1 Like

Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Dayoto: 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
Reedahgado:
I never knw dat people will praise my tribe up to dis extend.PROUDLY GWARI[color=#000099][/color] cheesy grin

See as you dey jubilate. As someone don praise your tribe for here now, we no go hear word again.
Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 11, 2018
Reedahgado:
Hey, you are Gbagyi?? I am as well, can I get your contact
Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
isiaka007:
Please investigate thoroughly before posting things, I've been in Minna for some years now and judging from my and various accounts what you the op just posted is grossly wrong. If you had said the Tivs I might have considered your opinion worth believing but you are totally wrong on this one... Do your research properly
And you are incurably ignorant to say something like that. Name me a tribe other than the above named and I will tell you their errs
Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Reedahgado(f): 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2018
Shekstatari:
Hey, you are Gbagyi?? I am as well, can I get your contact
From Niger state too?
Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 13, 2018
Reedahgado:
From Niger state too?
Yeah, Shiroro Kuta but base in Bida
Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by NLProblemChild(m): 8:54am On Jan 13, 2018
Although i didn't read the post..
Everybody would likely to support their ethnicity.. But Yoruba still leads cool
Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
Reedahgado:
From Niger state too?
Yeah, from Kuta but base in Bida. You?
Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Reedahgado(f): 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
[quote author=Shekstatari post=66352261] Yeah, from Kuta but base in Bida. You?[/quote

Paiko
Re: The Most Accommodating Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Reedahgado(f): 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2018
Shekstatari:
Yeah, from Kuta but base in Bida. You?

Paiko

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Free Airtime On All Nigeria Network With Topup Africa / 6 Jobs That Will Fetch You Good Money In The University. / Steps To Check Your 2018 CAPS Admission Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.