Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Share Your First Driving Experience - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Share Your First Driving Experience (11773 Views)

How Was Your First Driving Experience? / Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road / #2.20kobo: First Driving Licence My Dad Acquired In 1975(Photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by demo4ril97(m): 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
edoboi29:
[color=#550000][/color]so funny and touching though RIP to UR mom
thanks smiley
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Nmanuanu(f): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2017
My driving started the day my driver left to run his personal errand. He promised to get back in time but he didn't show up. After several calls, he eventually told me he cant come back to the island. CHAI!!!! I had never driven a car, or had driving lessons but I know I learn by watching and observing. Also, in preparation for a day like this, I had watched several youtube 'how to drive an auto car' videos. so I closed from work, got in the car and started moving (it was already past 8pm), I got to the gate and the security men with so much worry in their eyes asked if I could drive and I confidently said yes and dey asked so you can drive without light by this time of the night? I got the message and managed to turn on the light. I kept to one lane and people kept horning at me. I noticed I was always moving to the right, so whenever I hear the horns I straighten my tires. I also never used the traficators because I couldn't let my hand off the 10 and 2 position. I drove from VI to anthony that night. it was an out of body experience and I have driven myself since then (8 months now), never been hit or hit anyone, and my passengers always commend my driving. I will get my license soon.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by kendraloops(f): 2:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
obinna2nv:

So you own and drive a manual car?
Yes.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by apprentist(m): 12:23am On Dec 19, 2020
Nmanuanu:
My driving started the day my driver left to run his personal errand. He promised to get back in time but he didn't show up. After several calls, he eventually told me he cant come back to the island. CHAI!!!! I had never driven a car, or had driving lessons but I know I learn by watching and observing. Also, in preparation for a day like this, I had watched several youtube 'how to drive an auto car' videos. so I closed from work, got in the car and started moving (it was already past 8pm), I got to the gate and the security men with so much worry in their eyes asked if I could drive and I confidently said yes and dey asked so you can drive without light by this time of the night? I got the message and managed to turn on the light. I kept to one lane and people kept horning at me. I noticed I was always moving to the right, so whenever I hear the horns I straighten my tires. I also never used the traficators because I couldn't let my hand off the 10 and 2 position. I drove from VI to anthony that night. it was an out of body experience and I have driven myself since then (8 months now), never been hit or hit anyone, and my passengers always commend my driving. I will get my license soon.

I admire your story. Probably because I'm facing similar challenge now. The only available person that would have trained me is always busy. So I've decided to be training myself until I don't need him anymore.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Farthest A Car Can Go With A Damaged Fan Belt? / My Car Smokes Only In The Morning,what Could Be Wrong? / Overheating In Rover 75 V6 2.5 Liter Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.