Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? (24541 Views)

Infinix Note 5 Stylus (sneak Peek) : A Far Cheaper Samsung Galaxy Note 9! / What Is Special About Infinix Phones? / Inspite Of Recession Phone Is Cheaper In Nigeria Than Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by directonpc(m): 2:43pm On Apr 16, 2017
Sorry brothers and sisters but naija has never been so f*cked
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by MtuMsuper: 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
The reason why they are cheaper is the same reason cars from the UAE(Dubai) are cheaper than almost everywhere : China phone manufacturers use kenya as a trans shipment point to elsewhere in SSA. Basically, its like going to buy at the wholesalers shop,its bound to be cheaper. Most phones landing at the port are not exclusively for the kenya market but for uganda,rwanda,congo dr and south sudan. In fact in when travelling to uganda from kenya,the uganda police are very strict with people who cross the border to kenya to buy phones on the cheap for onward sale in uganda, so they conduct serious search on luggage.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by adimsmt: 2:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
diablos:
Dollar exchange rate is to be blamed bro...cuz when u have exchange rate fluctuating like ur president's health...it leaves much to be expected.

The cost of doing business in Nigeria is high compare to Kenya.
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by micxwell(m): 3:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
maasoap:

You're comparing two Africa countries, most of these comparisms you posted do not account for this high difference in prices between two countries.
Sellers in Nigeria are pure greedy bastards, their profit margin is very high, too high. You wouldn't understand this until you order for phone from overseas online stores.
Pls bro, give examples of those stores you use and trust.
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by maasoap(m): 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2017
micxwell:

Pls bro, give examples of those stores you use and trust.
Check the price of a particular phone on Konga and Jumia, then check the price on aliexpress and compare the prices (exchange rate at N320 to a dollar).
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by Everking(m): 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2017
Have Came across a good nos of them when they developed fault.u will find out that 80% of them are cloned grin grin
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by corneredlove(m): 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2017
No sir! Until we are done with that popular murder case

SUPERPACK:
can i buy a phone frm jumia kenya and ship to nigeria
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by pharmade: 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2017
the reasons are not far fetched. dollar rates that is like the loyalty of some nigerian politicians, customs duties, logistics, security and the bizness acumen of middle men and retailers all add to the price gap between the two countries.
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by Jops: 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nawa for diz country o
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 17, 2017
seguno2:

Compared, key word.
Compared to Nigeria.
The Doctors were on strike for 3 months in what was the longest Doctors strike we have ever heard. The strike ended a month ago,it is not ongoing.
And who told you teachers are not paid on timeThat has only happened once, due to a banking hitch in 2014 that delayed their salaries by 2 days.
If you think teachers have gone on strike in Kenya over delayed salaries, that has never hppened.The go on strike over SALARY INCREASES.Not salary delays.
We have not had salary delays since the early 90s.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by Nobody: 5:12am On Apr 17, 2017
SUPERPACK:
can i buy a phone frm jumia kenya and ship to nigeria
No.You cannot.Because our payment systems like MPESA are closed to Nigerians(or anyone outside of East Africa, except South Africa) and Jumia Kenya does not ship to Nigeria. You will only find the shipping options being restricted to Kenyan Counties and cities. The same way vice versa cannot work either.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by seguno2: 5:16am On Apr 17, 2017
GERALD710:
The Doctors were on strike for 3 months in what was the longest Doctors strike we have ever heard. The strike ended a month ago,it is not ongoing.
And who told you teachers are not paid on timeThat has only happened once, due to a banking hitch in 2014 that delayed their salaries by 2 days.
If you think teachers have gone on strike in Kenya over delayed salaries, that has never hppened.The go on strike over SALARY INCREASES.Not salary delays.
We have not had salary delays since the early 90s.

What you posted is what I had in mind.
Your comment should be directed to the guy below:

mmsen:
Doctors in Kenya have been on strike for months because of pay.

Teachers aren't always paid on time either.

What are you talking about?
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by Nobody: 5:29am On Apr 17, 2017
mmsen:

They have the same issues with a smaller population and they also don't have a large unwieldy northern population that Nigerian has to struggle with.

The GDP of Lagos state on its own is almost double that of Kenya's.

You don't know what you're talking about.
China has a GDP ten times bigger than South Korea or Switzerland.
The average Chinese has a faaaaar much lower standard of living than the citizen of either two nations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by mmsen: 8:06am On Apr 17, 2017
GERALD710:

China has a GDP ten times bigger than South Korea or Switzerland.
The average Chinese has a faaaaar much lower standard of living than the citizen of either two nations.

Population of Lagos is less than half of Kenya's, while the GDP is significantly greater.

What is your point?
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by CellTabRepairs: 8:26am On Apr 17, 2017
There must be an economic reason for that.
To begin let me wish you HAPPY EASTER if you are a Christian! Remember to be focused for your year 2017 money-making goals.. If you ate chicken provided by a benefactor this time around, be sure by the next celebration you will be the proud provider with earnings from your training investment today! Wishing you greater depth than your teacher!

I was at my favourite wheel balancing & alignment shop recently. 2 hrs of my time there, 10 cars, 3k each(NGN 30k). And it was still 12 PM - small business you say?. You do the sum for what is being averaged per month!.

My point? Most people, even graduates ignore daily income services sector. All they see is the dirt, presumed indignity on those who do them. An empty pocket from no job or an underpaid job is far more indignifying. If u are educated, start small but grow it, package it well and employ others, while you supervise.The same applies to smartphones and Tablets Repairs business, depending on your skills and acumen. Visit a good Phones & Tablets Repair centre & open your eyes. You will see what I mean!

Get " Mobile Phones & Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners & Professionals " 2day! Visit Amazon, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc

To view & get it right away, click my name and signature or visit those marketplaces and search out the title!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by seguno2: 8:44am On Apr 17, 2017
mmsen:
Population of Lagos is less than half of Kenya's, while the GDP is significantly greater.

What is your point?

His point is well made.
Bragging about GDP size is senseless when the standard of living, as reflected in the Human Development Index HDI, is terrible.
Lagos state is a terrible place to live compared to Kenya.
No more, no less.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by mmsen: 8:53am On Apr 17, 2017
seguno2:

His point is well made.
Bragging about GDP size is senseless when the standard of living, as reflected in the Human Development Index HDI, is terrible.
Lagos state is a terrible place to live compared to Kenya.
No more, no less.

If Lagos has a much higher GDP (per capita and PPP) then how do you come to such a foolish conclusion?
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by seguno2: 9:01am On Apr 17, 2017
mmsen:
If Lagos has a much higher GDP (per capita and PPP) then how do you come to such a foolish conclusion?

Firstly there is no measurement of the GDP for Lagos state in isolation from that of Nigeria. If you have a credible source for that, please share.
Secondly, Kenya is higher on the HDI than Nigeria and Lagos state.
Go and read about HDI before you comment and embarrass yourself further.
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by mmsen: 9:05am On Apr 17, 2017
seguno2:

Firstly there is no measurement of the GDP for Lagos state in isolation from that of Nigeria. If you have a credible source for that, please share.
Secondly, Kenya is higher on the HDI than Nigeria and Lagos state.
Go and read about HDI before you comment and embarrass yourself further.

So Ambode lied to the press and public when he said that Lagos's GDP is 131 billion dollars compared to Kenya's 64 billion dollars.

https://newsofnigeria.com/lagos-state-gdp-hits-131-billion/

https://qz.com/676819/lagos-is-africas-7th-largest-economy-and-is-about-to-get-bigger-with-its-first-oil-finds/

Where is your proof that Kenya's HDI is higher than that of Lagos state?

I think it is you who is ignorant of that which you speak.
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by seguno2: 9:16am On Apr 17, 2017
mmsen:
So Ambode lied to the press and public when he said that Lagos's GDP is 131 billion dollars compared to Kenya's 64 billion dollars.

https://newsofnigeria.com/lagos-state-gdp-hits-131-billion/

https://qz.com/676819/lagos-is-africas-7th-largest-economy-and-is-about-to-get-bigger-with-its-first-oil-finds/

Where is your proof that Kenya's HDI is higher than that of Lagos state?

I think it is you who is ignorant of that which you speak.

Yes, Ambode was telling lies as usual.
I repeat, there is no credible separate information about the GDP of Lagos state. If you find it, share it.
Are you suddenly too lazy to find out the meaning of HDI and the ranking of Lagos/Nigeria and Kenya?
How did you become suddenly lazy?
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by mmsen: 9:21am On Apr 17, 2017
seguno2:

Yes, Ambode was telling lies as usual.
I repeat, there is no credible separate information about the GDP of Lagos state. If you find it, share it.
Are you suddenly too lazy to find out the meaning of HDI and the ranking of Lagos/Nigeria and Kenya?
How did you become suddenly lazy?

So when you want proof I find it but you can't find proof to substantiate your tales I'm lazy?

You made a claim that you cannot prove and now you're hiding behind cheap insults.

Your arguments have no basis - you have no evidence that Ambode lied about GDP (or about anything else).

You cannot prove that HDI in Lagos is lower than that in Kenya.
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by seguno2: 9:26am On Apr 17, 2017
mmsen:
So when you want proof I find it but you can't find proof to substantiate your tales I'm lazy?

You made a claim that you cannot prove and now you're hiding behind cheap insults.

Your arguments have no basis - you have no evidence that Ambode lied about GDP (or about anything else).

You cannot prove that HDI in Lagos is lower than that in Kenya.

Do not perish for lack of knowledge.
Below for your free education.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

Meanwhile you are yet to provide a credible source for the lie told by Ambode about the phantom isolated GDP of Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by mmsen: 9:29am On Apr 17, 2017
seguno2:

Do not perish for lack of knowledge.
Below for your free education.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

Meanwhile you are yet to provide a credible source for the lie told by Ambode about the phantom isolated GDP of Lagos state.

You can't tell the difference between Lagos stats and Nigeria or are you intentionally playing stupid...

I reiterate that you don't know what you are talking about and are now hiding behind silly games because my point stands. GDP per capita is higher in Lagos than Kenya.
Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by micxwell(m): 12:30am On Apr 22, 2017
maasoap:

Check the price of a particular phone on Konga and Jumia, then check the price on aliexpress and compare the prices (exchange rate at N320 to a dollar).
I use aliexpress but never really compared prices for phones. I used Xiaomi, bro we are greedy in this country o. We just make life difficult for ourselves. It is well o

1 Like

Re: Infinix Phones Cost Far Cheaper In Kenya Than Nigeria, Why? by ishittu: 8:00am On Apr 24, 2017
Infinix s2 will be launched today , catch all the gist live on Infinix facebook page

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Tecno Children Christmas Party In Lagos / How To Check Bvn On Mtn Line / His Experience And How He Bought A Fake Mobile Phone With Eba Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.