Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (616411 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (408) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by patroccini: 10:01am On Jun 12, 2018
patroccini:
Good Morning sir Gazzuzz,
Which will you advice between a Nigerian used
Matrix 2005 and a Vibe 2004

Please give some of the upsides or downsides of both cars or suggest a better car for me.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dru23(m): 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

castrol is a mess. Preferably use mobil 0w-40 or total quartz 9000.

For a vehicle abused for so long, don't get your hopes up, you might have underlying issues that have been hiding under the condition of a cold running engine.

What to expect.

Possible oil shortage

Possible coolant leaks

So pay attention to fluids on a daily basis so you do not get caught of guard.

Can you kindly explain how castrol is mess.. Is the USA spec a mess .. Base on facts the USA spec oil will need to pass basic quality test from API before they are sold... in my view if castrol is a mess including USA spec, I wonder the castrol Nigeria will be ? When buying these oil , I normally read the reviews, especially when buying any product.. From my view castrol review had 4.5 out 5 stars from 200 users ... when you now look at the numbers of reviewer ,numbers don't lie ... for me personally USA Castrol will be better than any imported oil coming into Nigeria.... We can agree to disagree that any oil imported into Nigeria will probably have a high chance that it will not pass the USA standard... so for me I will use usa spec Castrol on all my fleet ...
Again am not picking a fight over your view or trying to force usa spec Castrol on anybody.. Am just curious as to why you came to the conclusion that castrol oil is a mess ...the Nigerian castrol might be a mess, but what about usa ones..
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by IMOHS(m): 1:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
Good day Gazzuz, I m so in love with Honda accord 2003-2007,nigerian used or tokunbo as a first time car. Please what your take. My whole being is in love with the accord. Please I would like your input. Thank you in advance
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by phadriz(m): 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

rocker cover seal, or valve cover seal. Replace. Cost 5k max

Thank you Boss
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by patroccini: 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
patroccini:

Please give some of the upsides or downsides of the matrix 2005 to the vibe 2004 or help to suggest a better car for me.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by patroccini: 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
patroccini:

Please give some of the upsides or downsides of the matrix 2005 to the vibe 2004 or help to suggest a better car for me. If you have a link I would appreciate it
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by contactwale: 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
Please Gazzuzz, I have an issue with my Toyota RAV4 2004. I was going out some 9 days ago when it suddenly stopped. When you start it, it starts but will not raise well. The first mechanic I called said it was wiring problem, that may be one fuze must have cut. He worked on it without success. Later he said it might be fuel pump. We bought various type of pump, the same problem.

I later towed it from the place when they started dismantling it. The new place that was recommended to me, they checked, change nuzzle, this and that. The motor will start but will not raise well. Now, they claimed it has to be brain box issue, that I have to change it. However, I am doubting then, since it seems they are doing trial and error troubleshooting.

Someone now recommends you to me. Please, how can you be of assistance. The car is presently at Mechanic village, Agidingbi by Zenith Bank.

Thanks, Gazzuzz
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
contactwale:
Please Gazzuzz, I have an issue with my Toyota RAV4 2004. I was going out some 9 days ago when it suddenly stopped. When you start it, it starts but will not raise well. The first mechanic I called said it was wiring problem, that may be one fuze must have cut. He worked on it without success. Later he said it might be fuel pump. We bought various type of pump, the same problem.

I later towed it from the place when they started dismantling it. The new place that was recommended to me, they checked, change nuzzle, this and that. The motor will start but will not raise well. Now, they claimed it has to be brain box issue, that I have to change it. However, I am doubting then, since it seems they are doing trial and error troubleshooting.

Someone now recommends you to me. Please, how can you be of assistance. The car is presently at Mechanic village, Agidingbi by Zenith Bank.

Thanks, Gazz.uzz

Based on your description of failure and attempts to fix, I cannot give you any tech information that will not cause more confusion.

You will have to rely on a qualified technicians ability to properly diagnose problem and fix it.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
IMOHS:
Good day Gazzuz, I m so in love with Honda accord 2003-2007,nigerian used or tokunbo as a first time car. Please what your take. My whole being is in love with the accord. Please I would like your input. Thank you in advance

Lovely car, don't touch the V6 models please.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
patroccini:

Please give some of the upsides or downsides of both cars or suggest a better car for me.

Vibe is less prone to accessory vandalisim, but the body parts are not as common as the matrix and slightly more expensive. The a/c compressor is not as reliable as the matrix and sometimes comes in Variable displacement type. 2nd hand value of the matrix is better than Vibe,

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2018
dru23:

Can you kindly explain how castrol is mess.. Is the USA spec a mess .. Base on facts the USA spec oil will need to pass basic quality test from API before they are sold... in my view if castrol is a mess including USA spec, I wonder the castrol Nigeria will be ? When buying these oil , I normally read the reviews, especially when buying any product.. From my view castrol review had 4.5 out 5 stars from 200 users ... when you now look at the numbers of reviewer ,numbers don't lie ... for me personally USA Castrol will be better than any imported oil coming into Nigeria.... We can agree to disagree that any oil imported into Nigeria will probably have a high chance that it will not pass the USA standard... so for me I will use usa spec Castrol on all my fleet ...
Again am not picking a fight over your view or trying to force usa spec Castrol on anybody.. Am just curious as to why you came to the conclusion that castrol oil is a mess ...the Nigerian castrol might be a mess, but what about usa ones..

according to Uncle egunmogaji, I wouldn't use it on my lawnmower grin

Iv sold the USA spec, and it didn't do very well in a variety of vehicles.

3 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by vickzie(m): 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
I'd like to get 2002 Lexus es300 as my first car, anything to watch out for? does it have any prone issues? thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Oga Gazzuzz experience is the best teacher in life grin
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by contactwale: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Based on your description of failure and attempts to fix, I cannot give you any tech information that will not cause more confusion.

You will have to rely on a qualified technicians ability to properly diagnose problem and fix it.

That is why I want to see how you can assist to fix it. Let me have your number please, so I can contact you. Thanks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dru23(m): 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Ha ha .. Can you be more specific
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dru23(m): 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Oga Gazzuzz experience is the best teacher in life grin
. If you can't specify why is trash , I don't see your point .. Of coz if am driving a audi or other high end cars ,I will use the castrol edge ,which is more expensive than mobil 1 ...
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by bily(m): 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
dru23:

I have used castrol before and I have read extensively on oil reviews in the past.

Castrol is a good oil, but not as good as Mobil one.
Another issue with castrol oil is that it has so many synthetic blends in its portfolio that's being marketed as synthetic oils. You would really need to go through the spec sheet to know which is which.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2018
dru23:
[/b]

Ha ha .. Can you be more specific

My uncle always says "it is not my job to educate you"
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Ishilove: 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

This is cold.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:53pm On Jun 12, 2018
Ishilove:

This is cold.

you need to meet my uncle grin
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Ishilove: 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

How terrifying grin
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by vickzie(m): 9:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
vickzie:
I'd like to get 2002 Lexus es300 as my first car, anything to watch out for? does it have any prone issues? thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dru23(m): 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dru23(m): 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2018
bily:

I have used castrol before and I have read extensively on oil reviews in the past.

Castrol is a good oil, but not as good as Mobil one.
Another issue with castrol oil is that it has so many synthetic blends in its portfolio that's being marketed as synthetic oils. You would really need to go through the spec sheet to know which is which.

Fair enough
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dru23(m): 10:03pm On Jun 12, 2018
Ishilove:

This is cold.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by diportivo: 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I am a witness undecided

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by contactwale: 6:11am On Jun 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

GAZZUZZ, Please I need your contact. I will like to bring this car to you. Thank you.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ThatErha: 7:15am On Jun 13, 2018
contactwale:

GAZZUZZ, Please I need your contact. I will like to bring this car to you. Thank you.

Before your Rav4 stopped, did you ever observe The check Engine Light on at any time? If so, did you do a scan? If yes, what were the codes displayed?

If your answer is NO to above questions, then troubleshooting may be difficult at this point (though, not impossible). Still do a scan, and get codes first.
Secondly, " Kazeems " don put hand.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Mayor555(m): 11:54am On Jun 13, 2018
contactwale:

Have they checked the airflow sensor?
Have them check it.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by sheyeh01: 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2018
Sir Gazuzz,

Abeg, do you have an idea of how much the power steering pump of a Lexus RX300 2001 goes for.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by hakimi1974(m): 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

proffesor gazzuzz this unah trade war with dru23 is very lively, funny and educative. keep up the good work sir.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by contactwale: 7:23am On Jun 14, 2018
Mayor555:

Have they checked the airflow sensor?
Have them check it.

Yes, they have.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (408) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.