Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,774 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:25 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (624600 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (408) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by radautoworks: 7:49pm On Sep 22, 2018
jjohndoe83:

Thank you Sir. I will switch immediately. I didn't know better.

@the bolded, what are my options assuming this were correct?

Just use Carquest oil in above listed weight. High quality, low price.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by radautoworks: 7:50pm On Sep 22, 2018
jjohndoe83:

Thank you Sir. I will switch immediately. I didn't know better.

@the bolded, what are my options assuming this were correct?

Just use Carquest oil in above listed weight. High quality, low price. Better than Total. Gazzuzz, check MSDS for comparison.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2018
Odukes:
Please Mr Gazzuzz, how much can I get a clean Nigerian used 2005 model Peugeot 407.

you should not buy that car.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2018
radautoworks:

Question. Why didn't he just stick with conventional 5w30 ? He didn't need to go synthetic.

conventional or synthetic, that engine will burn 5w30. He needs thicker oil or new piston rings and valve stem seals.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by seunoj: 6:15am On Sep 23, 2018
Morning boss,
What are the options available for fixing the catalyst issue. My mech is suggesting that they remove it since I am not for replacement. He said it will impact suel consumption a bit but not so much. Kindly advice
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by jjohndoe83: 8:09am On Sep 23, 2018
radautoworks:

Just use Carquest oil in above listed weight. High quality, low price. Better than Total. Gazzuzz, check MSDS for comparison.
How much?
Radautoworks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2018
seunoj:
Morning boss,
What are the options available for fixing the catalyst issue. My mech is suggesting that they remove it since I am not for replacement. He said it will impact suel consumption a bit but not so much. Kindly advice

its a choice between restricted flow of exhaust fumes from the engine/free flow of exhaust fumes.

Restricted flow is not good for the engine.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lasignor(m): 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2018
Hello Gazzuzz, good morning. Nice job you are doing here Sir.

The top gasket of my 2006 Toyota Matrix got burnt some 3days ago. I noticed the coolant was somewhat oily before I started the car that morning. I called my mechanic and he confirmed the head gasket is burnt so we fix it.

After the fix, I noticed the car is having a hard start. The car doesn't start one-time as it used to. Also, the guy didn't remove the thermostat but I noticed the fan comes on immediately I turn on the ignition - strange as it wasn't like that before.

What could be the cause of the hard start Sir? Is it that the gasket was not properly fixed? Also, what can I do to get the fan back to how it was?

Thanks as I await your kind responses as always.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ochefio: 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
Good afternoon Mr gazzuz, please is 406 a good car?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2018
lasignor:
Hello Gazzuzz, good morning. Nice job you are doing here Sir.

The top gasket of my 2006 Toyota Matrix got burnt some 3days ago. I noticed the coolant was somewhat oily before I started the car that morning. I called my mechanic and he confirmed the head gasket is burnt so we fix it.

After the fix, I noticed the car is having a hard start. The car doesn't start one-time as it used to. Also, the guy didn't remove the thermostat but I noticed the fan comes on immediately I turn on the ignition - strange as it wasn't like that before.

What could be the cause of the hard start Sir? Is it that the gasket was not properly fixed? Also, what can I do to get the fan back to how it was?

Thanks as I await your kind responses as always.

Loss of compression. Procedure for repair was wrong.

Have job re-do e, but this time, Grind valves, resurface head, replace valve stem seals and ensure timing chain is installed properly.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2018
ochefio:
Good afternoon Mr gazzuz, please is 406 a good car?

NO.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ozoneymcm: 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Nigerian used, good condition with minimal repairs 800-1m. Others 400-650k
That means Toks is well over 1m
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ozoneymcm: 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2018
radautoworks:

Question. Why didn't he just stick with conventional 5w30? He didn't need to go synthetic.
I have never seen conventional 5w30. Seems unavailable in Nigeria
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by aninweze(m): 7:11pm On Sep 23, 2018
GAZZ.UZZ:

NO.

Haha
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Odukes(m): 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you should not buy that car.
Mr GAZZUZZ, even though you didn't give your reason not to buy the car, tanx for your advice, I appreciate.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by revcompaty(m): 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
Honorable Gazzuzz, well done with the life saving job been done here, more grace and wisdom.
Pls I will like to know what's the best engine oil specification & cost for a Nissan Primera having

4 plug
16v

2) Any idea on what's the cost of getting rear shock absorber for the same Primera.

Thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lasignor(m): 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Loss of compression. Procedure for repair was wrong.

Have job re-do e, but this time, Grind valves, resurface head, replace valve stem seals and ensure timing chain is installed properly.
Thank you. I will probably need to bring it down to your workshop on Tuesday. I am presently out of Lagos (Benin) but planning to enter Lagos tomorrow. Is it safe to drive it from Benin to Lagos like this? And do I have an appointment for Tuesday in your workshop Sir?

Thanks again
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2018
revcompaty:
Honorable Gazzuzz, well done with the life saving job been done here, more grace and wisdom.
Pls I will like to know what's the best engine oil specification & cost for a Nissan Primera having

4 plug
16v

2) Any idea on what's the cost of getting rear shock absorber for the same Primera.

Thanks.

what have you been using before now?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2018
ozoneymcm:

toyota 5w30 is mineral oil.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by revcompaty(m): 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

what have you been using before now?

10w40
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by revcompaty(m): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2018
revcompaty:

10w40

Just got the ride, and that's what's recorded in the service history.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by thebigkendo(m): 10:12pm On Sep 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Ahhhhhhh PH oyel sell will come for you grin grin
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ozoneymcm: 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I never knew. Thanks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:54am On Sep 24, 2018
revcompaty:

10w40

What product?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:54am On Sep 24, 2018
thebigkendo:

Ahhhhhhh PH oyel sell will come for you grin grin

He's very calm these days wink
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by radautoworks: 4:35am On Sep 24, 2018
ozoneymcm:

Odd. Pretty common in USA. No wonder no one requests for it in Nigeria. We have so much of it SMH. There is a lot of unnecessary use of synthetic in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by radautoworks: 4:43am On Sep 24, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

conventional or synthetic, that engine will burn 5w30. He needs thicker oil or new piston rings and valve stem seals.

Agree to disagree
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by weyreypey: 4:49am On Sep 24, 2018
radautoworks:

Agree to disagree
Mercedes Benz power steering fluid please?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by radautoworks: 4:50am On Sep 24, 2018
jjohndoe83:

How much?
Radautoworks

CARQUEST Conventional Motor Oil (pretty much all weights) N9,125 5 quart jug

20w50 link http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ650-5QT
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by radautoworks: 5:06am On Sep 24, 2018
weyreypey:

Mercedes Benz power steering fluid please?

Sorry, are you asking if we have it? If so, 6-10 day delivery from order. This is what we use http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=PTN&partNumber=1405116-KIT-1
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by weyreypey: 5:13am On Sep 24, 2018
radautoworks:

Sorry, are you asking if we have it? If so, 6-10 day delivery from order. This is what we use http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=PTN&partNumber=1405116-KIT-1
How much is it?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by radautoworks: 5:18am On Sep 24, 2018
weyreypey:

How much is it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (408) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.