Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (611254 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2019
J0hnTrevolt:
Good day chief. Plz kindly advise for a friend btwn toks mercedes c230 2004(4 plugs) and toks hyundai elantra 07 which is best, fuel economy, cost of engine replacement, parts etc. Car is to be driven by a woman and will be far from abuse cos d hubby is there to watch over things.

Secondly, can a toyota camry 03 v6 engine be replaced with an i4 engine?
Tnx chief!
Cc: radautow.orks, obekedi.amondfuto, nu.rey, king.reign.

I would pick the elantra. It is possible to put the I4 it will cost over 650,000

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Josiah360: 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

leak or burn.

Leak: any where along coolant passage.

Burn: inside engine.

The mechanic removed the thermostat and I haven't lost coolant since yesterday and my engine is no longer getting hot within minutes. He said I should leave it like that but I insist that we buy another one (thermostat) and install. I plan to do that on Saturday.

Thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2019
Josiah360:

The mechanic removed the thermostat and I haven't lost coolant since yesterday and my engine is no longer getting hot within minutes. He said I should leave it like that but I insist that we buy another one (thermostat) and install. I plan to do that on Saturday.

Thanks.

leak/burn is still present, but temp/pressure has been technically defeated.

Next set of problems, fuel consumption and sludge.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ahjay: 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2019
1.5L
GAZZUZZ:

1.4liter? 1.5liter with cvvt?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:24pm On Jan 22, 2019
ahjay:
1.5L

ask seller. 0803 794 9129

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by J0hnTrevolt(m): 4:42pm On Jan 22, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

I would pick the elantra. It is possible to put the I4 it will cost over 650,000
God bless u chief!
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Skiilashi(m): 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2019
DelTel:

Definitely Kia Rio 2006-2008, Hyundai Elantra 2007-2008.

With a top-up, Camry 2004-2005 possible.

<150k miles (good) Corolla 2004-2005-2006 might not be feasible (so be extra cautious of any you find).

All the above are Toks.

You can check my link to see some of the vehicles I have (let me recommend myself as GAZZUZZ no do dat yet grin).

Good luck.

Do you know any good Hyundai mechanic on the mainland.

Seems like my front bow joints is making noise
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ahjay: 7:25pm On Jan 22, 2019
Thanks
GAZZUZZ:

ask seller. 0803 794 9129
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by DelTel(m): 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2019
Skiilashi:

Do you know any good Hyundai mechanic on the mainland.

Seems like my front bow joints is making noise

Gazzuzz is on the mainland, he is an the expert.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:40pm On Jan 22, 2019
J0hnTrevolt:
Good day chief. Plz kindly advise for a friend btwn toks mercedes c230 2004(4 plugs) and toks hyundai elantra 07 which is best, fuel economy, cost of engine replacement, parts etc. Car is to be driven by a woman and will be far from abuse cos d hubby is there to watch over things.

Secondly, can a toyota camry 03 v6 engine be replaced with an i4 engine?
Tnx chief!
Cc: radautoworks, obekediamondfuto, nurey, kingreign.

1. Hyundai elantra 07

2. yes you can, but it will be a lot safer to just sell the v6 and get an I4.... you will have to modify a lot when it comes to such configurations!

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by llade(m): 2:47am On Jan 23, 2019
Good Day Gazuzz,
I have a 2008 V6 Honda Accord, I scanned it yesterday and saw the following codes
1. P0420
2. P0430
3. P0400
The car vibrates when the speedometer is at 40km/HR but runs smoothly below or after 40km/hr.
Kindly advise on what to do please.
llade from Abuja.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Kayharry(m): 6:29am On Jan 23, 2019
llade:
Good Day Gazuzz,
I have a 2008 V6 Honda Accord, I scanned it yesterday and saw the following codes
1. P0420
2. P0430
3. P0400
The car vibrates when the speedometer is at 40km/HR but runs smoothly below or after 40km/hr.
llade from Abuja.

In your case, the P0420 code stands for “Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1).” When you receive a P0420 code it means your catalytic converter is not operating at maximum efficiency. Usually this means your catalytic converter needs to be replaced or there is a problem with your O2 (oxygen) sensors.

The Error code P0430 is a DTC or a diagnostic trouble code. It is a check engine light code which indicates that the catalyst's system efficiency is less than the required threshold. In simple terms, it means that more pollution is added into the air than what was supposed to be because of your car.

P0400 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction. ... It directs a portion of exhaust gases back into the engine intake to lower the combustion temperature, read more how the EGR system work. The code P0400 is set when the EGR system flow is less than expected. Your exhaust might be block
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:13am On Jan 23, 2019
llade:
Good Day Gazuzz,
1. P0420
2. P0430
3. P0400
llade from Abuja.

suspension related. Issue. Possible inner C.V joint.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by diportivo: 11:06am On Jan 23, 2019
above me

there's a mekalic

and

a mechanic grin

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by hairyman(m): 11:29am On Jan 23, 2019
Can an accumulation of sludge inside the engine be cleaned?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by SteveUg(m): 11:47am On Jan 23, 2019
Good afternoon honorable gazzuzzz and other auto gurus in the house: A Toyota hiace 2014 model with p0500 code( vehicle speed sensor), c0210 code ( rear speed sensor RH circuit) and c0215 ( rear speed sensor LH circuit) are present on the bus... speedometer on the car doesn’t move at all, check engine light is on abs is on as well but dia is a light flashing steady I’m guess is cruise control light cox the p0500 was also present on the cruise control check while using the diagnostic machine... There isn’t a gear issues bus works fine only, d speedometer wasn’t reading , it was even driven with the scanner to see if vehicle speed would read on the scanner but it was still not reading.On d freeze frame was p500 code as well in the power train diagnosis. The c0210 and c0215 are still present after clearing the abs code.... what could be the possible fix, I checked for voltage on the vss connector on underneath the gear using a testing lamp and the was voltage on the line...
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by selfmadeOLX(m): 11:55am On Jan 23, 2019
diportivo:
above me

there's a mekalic

and

a mechanic grin

grin grin grin
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:02pm On Jan 23, 2019
SteveUg:
Good afternoon honorable gazzuzzz and other auto gurus in the house: A Toyota hiace 2014 model with p0500 code( vehicle speed sensor), c0210 code ( rear speed sensor RH circuit) and c0215 ( rear speed sensor LH circuit) are present on the bus... speedometer on the car doesn’t move at all, check engine light is on abs is on as well but dia is a light flashing steady I’m guess is cruise control light cox the p0500 was also present on the cruise control check while using the diagnostic machine... There isn’t a gear issues bus works fine only, d speedometer wasn’t reading , it was even driven with the scanner to see if vehicle speed would read on the scanner but it was still not reading.On d freeze frame was p500 code as well in the power train diagnosis. The c0210 and c0215 are still present after clearing the abs code.... what could be the possible fix, I checked for voltage on the vss connector on underneath the gear using a testing lamp and the was voltage on the line...

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Pls never try that again. If you in lagos let me know, it will require diagnosis I cannot give here.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by llade(m): 3:49pm On Jan 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

suspension related. Issue. Possible inner C.V joint.
Appreciate
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by llade(m): 3:50pm On Jan 23, 2019
Kayharry:

In your case, the P0420 code stands for “Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1).” When you receive a P0420 code it means your catalytic converter is not operating at maximum efficiency. Usually this means your catalytic converter needs to be replaced or there is a problem with your O2 (oxygen) sensors.

The Error code P0430 is a DTC or a diagnostic trouble code. It is a check engine light code which indicates that the catalyst's system efficiency is less than the required threshold. In simple terms, it means that more pollution is added into the air than what was supposed to be because of your car.

P0400 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction. ... It directs a portion of exhaust gases back into the engine intake to lower the combustion temperature, read more how the EGR system work. The code P0400 is set when the EGR system flow is less than expected. Your exhaust might be block
Appreciate
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Josiah360: 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

leak/burn is still present, but temp/pressure has been technically defeated.

Next set of problems, fuel consumption and sludge.

I just found out that the stupid mechanic used Mobil xhp 20W/50 to service the engine instead of Honda synthetic blend 5W/30.

Last week Tuesday, I went to Luvinhubby's shop to buy oil (Honda synthetic blend) for the engine service. Unfortunately, his shop wasn't opened yet and i was in a hurry to get to office. So i gave my mechanic the money and wrote the name of the oil on paper for him.

I went back to collect my car later in the day. The following day, i started noticing that coolant dry up fast and the engine became very hot within few minutes. I also experienced loss of power and car jerked when accelerating. All these are strange.

I returned the car to him. First, he said 2 coils were bad. We changed coils but problem persisted. Then he removed thermostat. Coolant no longer dry up and engine doesn't get hot again. But it still takes the car longer to go from 0 to 25mph and car still jerks slightly when accelerating. From 25mph upwards, the car runs smoothly.

How did I know he used the wrong oil? I opened my boot this morning and found an empty container of Mobil XHP 20W/50. I called him to confirm, he said he used it because he couldn't find the one I told him to buy. And could not inform me before using Mobil? Even when 5W/30 was clearly written on the engine

Now, my question is, could this solely be the reason for all these problems: loss of coolant, overheating, loss of power, jerking?

Thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2019
Josiah360:

I just found out that the stupid mechanic used Mobil xhp 20W/50 to service the engine instead of Honda synthetic blend 5W/30.

Last week Tuesday, I went to Luvinhubby's shop to buy oil (Honda synthetic blend) for the engine service. Unfortunately, his shop wasn't opened yet and i was in a hurry to get to office. So i gave my mechanic the money and wrote the name of the oil on paper for him.

I went back to collect my car later in the day. The following day, i started noticing that coolant dry up fast and the engine became very hot within few minutes. I also experienced loss of power and car jerked when accelerating. All these are strange.

I returned the car to him. First, he said 2 coils were bad. We changed coils but problem persisted. Then he removed thermostat. Coolant no longer dry up and engine doesn't get hot again. But it still takes the car longer to go from 0 to 25mph and car still jerks slightly when accelerating. From 25mph upwards, the car runs smoothly.

How did I know he used the wrong oil? I opened my boot this morning and found an empty container of Mobil XHP 20W/50. I called him to confirm, he said he used it because he couldn't find the one I told him to buy. And could not inform me before using Mobil? Even when 5W/30 was clearly written on the engine

Now, my question is, could this solely be the reason for all these problems: loss of coolant, overheating, loss of power, jerking?

Thanks.

sadly you have a much bigger, but fixable problem. Coolant will leak or burn. If no leak then it's burning. If burning then loss of power and misfires could be symptoms. Pls change technicians.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dapzyadix(m): 7:22am On Jan 24, 2019
hairyman:
Can an accumulation of sludge inside the engine be cleaned?

@GAZZUZZ please respond to this
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28am On Jan 24, 2019
dapzyadix:

@GAZZUZZ please respond to this

There are a lot of factors to determine.

First of all sludge can be removed from any metal part.

But at what cost?

E.g

If your engine is 50k and it's built up sludge and burns oil, you are better off replacing engine with a mildly used one.

the cost and effect of dislodging sludge from an engine can be catastrophic to the pocket and sometimes the engine itself.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dipcyn(m): 9:46am On Jan 24, 2019
Hello @GAZZUZZ, please am looking to buy a Nigerian used 2011 Hyundai Sonata. I got two great offers for around the same price (a 2.0T turbo version with navigation screen and a regular model with navigation screen). Both around 80k miles.

My questions are:

1. Are these very reliable cars?
2. Which of the two is a better pick?
3. Which car would you recommend as a better alternative to these cars?

Thank you so much and God bless you greatly, your insights have been a real blessing.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by SteveUg(m): 10:15am On Jan 24, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Pls never try that again. If you in lagos let me know, it will require diagnosis I cannot give here.
Oh lord i pray I don’t put myself in trouble on day , was actually the one that asked the guy to use a testing lamp to it o since he has a testing lamp, anyway have learnt from my mistake today... Boss gazzuzz the bus in in bayelsa and it’s a staff bus and I’m presently in bayelsa I was just helping a friend to get some useful info that we can use to assist the kazim...

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
dipcyn:
Hello @GAZZUZZ, please am looking to buy a Nigerian used 2011 Hyundai Sonata. I got two great offers for around the same price (a 2.0T turbo version with navigation screen and a regular model with navigation screen). Both around 80k miles.

My questions are:

Thank you so much and God bless you greatly, your insights have been a real blessing.

cc: Inception pls epp this man

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by motemi111(m): 2:51pm On Jan 24, 2019
Dear nairalanders, I am ashamed to type this but I have to put that shame behind me and seek for help here using my main account because of my kids and people not to see it as a scam. I have been in financial crises since july last year when I lost my job and all effort to get a new job isn't working. I have nothing to feed my family with as things are so tough that I have turned it to fasting and praying and I break with anything I can lay my hand on in the evening, the worst of it all and what really made me create this post is that my landlord is giving me till 12noon on Saturday 26th to pay up the rent or pack out of his property as I am owing him. Pls good people, come to my aid and assist with whatever you can and I will forever be greatful. Thanks and God bless.

Modified: Thanks everyone that came to my rescue, some people on here came to my aid and I was able to raise more than half my rent and also someone here offered me a partnership deal in a business. I don't know how to thank you enough but God in his mercies continue to bless u. Thanks I'm so greatful.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dipcyn(m): 8:57pm On Jan 24, 2019
dipcyn:

My questions are:

@inception please help a brother out.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Inception(m): 10:11am On Jan 25, 2019
dipcyn:

@inception please help a brother out.
please get someone to inspect the car for you. Let him check the engine, ac compressor if it is still factory and gearbox operation.

I would personally go for the Non turbo.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by MotorGuru: 10:21am On Jan 25, 2019
dipcyn:

My questions are:

Very good looking car. and moves very well if you get a good example (Non turbo 2.4 is 198Hp, Turbo 2.0T is about 270Hp)

From the options you have selected, they should both be american spec (2.0T GDI and 2.4 GDI) Please run away from the DANA spec(bought brand new in Nigeria)
I would prefer the 2.4 GDI. readily available drivetrain(engine and gear ) parts and easier to maintain.

Things to look out for:

the engines in these sonatas are known to seize in their early mileages (60K-100K miles), due to metal residue not properly cleaned during the engine's manufacturing process. This ultimately cause crankshaft bearing failure. However cars that this happened to in the US had their engines replaced for free. You you will need a very detailed and comprehensive VIN check that will tell you if the car was recalled for this and any other issue (Contact CarguideNg). Engine in ladipo goes for about 400K-450K. But if this failure ever happens it should be fixable here in Naija.

Gearbox is not bad and are reasonably reliable(six speed). If it ever fails it goes for about 250K (subject to negotiation in ladipo)

Another weak point is the AC compressor. Check and confirm if the Factory AC is still the one installed there. It is usually the Variable displacement type (the one the call 'automatic' AC compressor)

Steering may wander at highway speeds . check for that. Steering coupler (rubber) can wear out at higher mileages. cheap fix.

Parts are very available ( for the non-turbo version),

Resale value is much lower than the comparable Honda or Toyota.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:50pm On Jan 25, 2019
MotorGuru:

Very good looking car. and moves very well if you get a good example (Non turbo 2.4 is 198Hp, Turbo 2.0T is about 270Hp)

From the options you have selected, they should both be american spec (2.0T GDI and 2.4 GDI) Please run away from the DANA spec(bought brand new in Nigeria)
I would prefer the 2.4 GDI. readily available drivetrain(engine and gear ) parts and easier to maintain.

Things to look out for:

the engines in these sonatas are known to seize in their early mileages (60K-100K miles), due to metal residue not properly cleaned during the engine's manufacturing process. This ultimately cause crankshaft bearing failure. However cars that this happened to in the US had their engines replaced for free. You you will need a very detailed and comprehensive VIN check that will tell you if the car was recalled for this and any other issue (Contact CarguideNg). Engine in ladipo goes for about 400K-450K. But if this failure ever happens it should be fixable here in Naija.

Gearbox is not bad and are reasonably reliable(six speed). If it ever fails it goes for about 250K (subject to negotiation in ladipo)

Another weak point is the AC compressor. Check and confirm if the Factory AC is still the one installed there. It is usually the Variable displacement type (the one the call 'automatic' AC compressor)

Steering may wander at highway speeds . check for that. Steering coupler (rubber) can wear out at higher mileages. cheap fix.

Parts are very available ( for the non-turbo version),

Resale value is much lower than the comparable Honda or Toyota.

Sounds like a pretty garbage car, tbh. Too many issues.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.