Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Omo Elu Iju Akure-North - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Omo Elu Iju Akure-North (35199 Views)

My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) / Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station / This Is Iju Train Station, Agege, Lagos! (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Funjosh(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
ex futarian
eitsei:
are you a futarian?
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by delkinz(m): 6:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
Toluobaeko11:

I've witnessed Odun ina once, it was an unforgettable experience. What a culture, what a tradition!!

Nice one Tolu, The dance and Music is so thrilling ... The date is always something I look out for once its August
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by princecool29(m): 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
I was born and brought up in Iju Akure north local government. I attended ola oluwa nursery and primary school. Iju is my second, my parent didn't allow me to marry my Iju indigene boyfriend cry

Fellow alumni abi alumnus anyone Sha
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
cool.
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Toluobaeko11: 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
Should I share the history of the Imu quarters my late father told me?

1 Like

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by lx3as(m): 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
Eziokwu1:
Pls, guyz don't attack me o, but are Ondo people pure Yorubas?
This people/town (culture, activities etc) is so Igbo-esque.

There is nothing separates Ondo people from other Yorubas. Akure North, Akure South and Ifedore are purely Ekitis except they want to calve new identity for themselves, they're central Yorubas just as Ekitis, Ifes, Ijesas, and Igbominas. While Akokos, Owos, Ondos, Ilaje, Ikales, Ijebus,etc are eastern/southern Yorubas.
They have nothing to do with Igbos. Whatever similarities Igbos seem to have with these people were gotten from Igala, Bini and other isolated Yorubas like Olukumi, Oba, etc

1 Like

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Fowobi84: 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
Iju is a blessed town. My father is from Ijigbo quarters and my mum from Imun.
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by montezz(f): 6:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
Reminds me of a book "happy times in Iju".

1 Like

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by harffie(m): 6:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ondo get fine babes well well but them too sabi vex....
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by rexericx(m): 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
montezz:
Reminds me of a book "happy times in Iju".

How can I get the book
Or can u share d story ?
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Fowobi84: 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
princecool29:
Woah... Nice writeup

I started my elementary school there at the prestigious Ola Oluwa group of schools.
Iju is home to top ondo politicians. The topography of the town is awesome

Op please i need clarification : iju/itaogbolu
Is always pronounced as a single town.

Iju and Ita-Ogbolu are two different towns with their different kings but have virtually same culture and they have a lot of things that develop communities between them like general hospital, grammar school etc. Therefore the names are often called together and as the two communities expand, there houses had become interwoven at the meeting point and there is no clear-cut boundary between them. So when you are driving past these towns, you may not know when you have passed one town for another.

2 Likes

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by montezz(f): 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
rexericx:

How can I get the book
Or can u share d story ?
I can't remember the whole content of the book cos I was very young then. Pry 3 or thereabout.
I can look around sha.

1 Like

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by asodeboyede(m): 6:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
hia l'Akure Oloyemekun omo amuda sile m'ogun enu tunise

1 Like

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by walezy85: 6:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
Boscojugunu:
Nice one. Ikare akoko next
I rep Ogbagi very close to Ikare Akoko
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Toluobaeko11: 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
my Dad is from Odo Imun and my my mum from Oke-Iju
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Toluobaeko11: 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
my Dad is from Odo Imun and my mum from Oke-Iju
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Nairaboi(m): 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
I don't want to know about Iju, all I want is to relate with the fair skim lady whose photos I see everywhere on the thread. Then we can talk about the ancestors later. . .
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by shinebabe(f): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
Boscojugunu:
Nice one. Ikare akoko next

Arigidi

Erusu

Edo

Isakume

Choose one.
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by rexericx(m): 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
Nairaboi:
I don't want to know about Iju, all I want is to relate with the fair skim lady whose photos I see everywhere on the thread. Then we can talk about the ancestors later. . .

If you do your research well,go through the ancestors history links, u may be lucky to find her

Heehehehe Hahahahhahaahahaha
Lol
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by OmoNwa: 8:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
Wow! So nice to read about Iju Town...where I spent almost ten years of my life.
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by OmoNwa: 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
I was born and brought up in Iju Akure north local government. I attended ola oluwa nursery and primary school. Iju is my second, my parent didn't allow me to marry my Iju indigene boyfriend cry

Omo OOCIA which year did you graduate?
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by zephry(m): 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=rexericx post=55950031](1)H.R.H AMOS ADELAKUN FARUNKANMI(JP) AJIBGADE 1.The first Christian Oba in the history of iju.(2)Pa ADESINA facilitated establishment of Catholic church to Iju in 1925(3)The first veterinary doctor in Iju is Doctor ADELUYAN OGUNBUYIDE(4)The pioneer chairman of ondo state service commission is N.K ADAMOLEKUN,he hails from Iju(5)Many answers has be given on this particular question;according to the history,Iju is blessed with many vibrants hunters that ever killed wild animals E.G Elephant, lions,chimpanzees,Hippopotamus and many more ,we have the like of Chief Akogbona,Chief Aposeru,pa Ojo Ajana,also Ajana Akin, pa mojo and also during the reign of Oba Okiti Ajimekun,At list three(3)lions er killed during the reign of Oba Okiti Ajimekun period' in olding day's despite the fact that the King wasn't an hunter "olode" but we respect H.R.H Ajimekun for brave name.,they were all strong,vibrant and brave but Chief Sasere is the most powerful among them,because there was a time according to history one of the late DEJI OF Akure needed a live elephant to prepare a ritual for the development of Akure,they went to hired some hunters to help Akure get a live elephant but all effort in futility.its chief Sasere who hails from Elu Iju that went to elephant herd,and brought the elephant alive to the palace of Deji of Akure before the sacrifice could be made,Chief Sasere is the only hunter from Iju to have done so.

LIONS abeg na broda

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ondo is a no mans land afonja bia tie m ife grin
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by OmoNwa: 8:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
princecool29:
Woah... Nice writeup

I started my elementary school there at the prestigious Ola Oluwa group of schools.
Iju is home to top ondo politicians. The topography of the town is awesome

Op please i need clarification : iju/itaogbolu
Is always pronounced as a single town.

What year did you graduate?
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Toluobaeko11: 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
THE HISTORY OF ODO IMUN/ASHALIE OF IJU
(ACCORDING TO MY FATHER)

The story started long ago in Akure. A little boy(an Akure prince) told his father(Akure king) that he wanted a crown, and he was just about 10 years old, his mother made him a fake crown and he was happy, bragging to his peers that he's a king.
When he was around 25 years of age, he went to his father that he wanted to be king, real king this time around. Due to his overseriousness, his father was afraid and made him a real crown, but two kings can't rule the same land. In view of this, the king gave him an instruction to go to Ise-Ekiti and tell the king he's a prince from Akure, that the Ise-Ekiti king will give him land to establish his own kingdom.

COUNTINUES LATER!!

1 Like

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Alexis11: 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
Toluobaeko11:
my Dad is from Odo Imun and my mum from Oke-Iju

My Dad is from Igbo Ogun and my mum from Mofeere.

I need me a wife from Iju. cool

1 Like

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Boscojugunu(m): 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
shinebabe:

Arigidi

Erusu

Edo

Isakume

Choose one.
arigidi. Hv been dere a couple of time
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Timmyjohn1: 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
A memorable festival ' odun una' i can boldly tell you that the is the best festival in ondo state.you listen to different traditional lyrics,drumming, igniting your bamboo,and some other canning' egba' mhen its been long oo talking of 80's & early 90's.i doubt if this featival is interesting like before.one love my people..proudly Ijuites
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Toluobaeko11: 10:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
CONTINUATION OF IMUN/ASHALIE HISTORY

On the day of the departure, his father(Akure king) gave him wives, slaves and gifts to sustain him during the journey. Before he departed, the Oracle was consulted and it said the king and the prince must not set their eyes on each other forever( it's still observed till today).
On their way to Ise-Ekiti, they found a place to rest in the bush, after some hours of resting, they had some visitors who traced them through the smokes from fire wood. To their surprise, the visitors were prince from Ikole-Ekiti and Ise-Ekiti, they were coming from Ekiti due to some political unrest( not 100% sure) and they came with crowns also, but this means the Akure prince can't continue his journey due to the unrest going on in Ekiti.
He was so disappointed because he's going to Ise-Ekiti, and now, he can't go back to Akure as the Oracle warned. That was how he settled to present Iju. The prince from Ikole-Ekiti is the first to arrive, Ise-Ekiti is the second and Akure prince is the third, and the ranks remain like that till today.

*NOTE THAT ORAL HISTORY MAY NOT BE 100% ACCURATE!!!
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by princecool29(m): 10:54pm On Apr 29, 2017
OmoNwa:

What year did you graduate?
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by lequatee(m): 11:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
I served in Akure North as a CLO at the LG secretariat at Itaogbolu. I did enjoy my stay at Iju actually. lots of plantain to eat and it's was very peaceful and crime free.

We could walk about at night without fear of molestation. I remember Iju grammar school, Omigbola and the rest.

Yeah, if you have been to Ita-Ogbolu of late, you will notice a lot of annoying speed breakers on the road. it was the aftermath of series of fatal accidents on that road. I was there when it all happened.

1 Like

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by echeprecious: 12:06am On Apr 30, 2017
Iju Town
Oba is called okiti

Nice one Oga Henro, You look good and I can sight your very pretty wife(My Igbo sis). grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flood Takes Over Ngwa Road, Aba In Abia State (Photos) / 524 Roads And Bridges That Buhari Is Constructing In Nigeria (see The List) / Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.