Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Please What Does Jesus Mean In Matthew 15:8? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please What Does Jesus Mean In Matthew 15:8? (459 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? / What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Does Jesus Mean In Matthew 15:8? by ipreach: 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2017
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Re: Please What Does Jesus Mean In Matthew 15:8? by dingbang(m): 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
People don't worship the lord in truth and spirit . that what he meant.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Does Jesus Mean In Matthew 15:8? by Ephort: 7:45pm On Apr 15, 2017
The same thing he meant when he said that not all that call me Lord, Lord shall see the kingdom of Heaven.

1 Like

Re: Please What Does Jesus Mean In Matthew 15:8? by abatisegun: 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
OP has different meaning to d vers entirely

1 Like

Re: Please What Does Jesus Mean In Matthew 15:8? by daveP(m): 7:57pm On Apr 15, 2017
example:

congregation sings "i will never never go back to the world....." but most of them will still do stuff that is of the world immediately they leave that church cos its not sung or meant from the heart.

1 Like

Re: Please What Does Jesus Mean In Matthew 15:8? by ipreach: 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
abatisegun:
OP has different meaning to d vers entirely
I don't have any different meaning to the verse. I just want to understand the passage because I am always whenever I read it.

(1) (Reply)

Why Did People Keep Family Idols In The Bible? / Am I A Bad Guy For Pointing Out That "Fighting Is Not A Sin?" / Pst Sam And Nike Adeyemi Gushes Over Each Other On Their 24thwedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.