Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone (24628 Views)

Barcelona Vs Sevilla: UEFA Super Cup (5 - 4) On 11th August 2015 / Jose Mourinho's Likely First XI @ Chelsea For 2013/14 Season / Sevilla FC Vs Barcelona (0 - 2) On March 17th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by eyoniggar(m): 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2011
Ruudie whats ur SAY regarding 2nyts match?
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Pharoh: 12:11pm On Jan 31, 2011
RuuDie:

My word. . . . shocked

We better not get thumped with all this plenty noise oh --- JM will have a field week rubbing it in our faces grin grin grin

We are not babies and do not have time from that like you people that jump from thread to thread and having orgasm about real madrid . . grin

Be expecting another disgrace on Wednesday . . . i wonder why you don't post here anymore, . . shior . . . grin
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by dayokanu(m): 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2011
Heard Ivan Rakitic is on the way to Sevilla
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2011
dayokanu:

Heard Ivan Rakitic is on the way to Sevilla

Deal is done. . . .Rakitic along with Medel from Boca Juniors are now Sevilla players.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2011
Sevilla have signed Chile midfielder Gary Medel on a four-and-a-half year contract.

The 23-year-old, known as "Pitbull" for his ferocious handling of opponents, can play in midfield or defence and has spent the last year and a half with Boca Juniors.

He has won 28 caps for Chile and played at the World Cup finals in South Africa last year.

Medel is Sevilla's second recruit of the January transfer window after Croatia midfielder Ivan Rakitic and the club said on its website that he would be presented with his new team mate later in the day.

Sevilla are preparing for a King's Cup semi-final second leg at Real Madrid on Wednesday, where they need to overturn a 1-0 deficit if they are to continue the defence of their title.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31012011/58/la-liga-sevilla-sign-chilean-pitbull-medel.html
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2011
Rakitić is commonly deployed for his very mature and strong playing style. While playing in the Bundesliga with Schalke, he is mainly used as a held back playmaker and is capable of creating attacks and also holding the ball well to keep possession. He is, to a much lesser extent, also known for contributing to defense which is only seen when his club would play a defensive game. He often is chosen to take set pieces for both Schalke and Croatia.

While playing at international level, Rakitić has also been referred to as a striker as used a few times in a more forward position by current coach Slaven Bilić. However, his midfield ability is also used to great effect combined with Croatia's touch and move football which sees many passing along the pitch and also gives him the ability to make many runs on the left flank to create attacks.[17] He has shown a great knowledge of offense in many games, and his delivery and unexpected shot accuracy are also among his strengths.

We certainly need a great deal of that grin
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by medjai(m): 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2011
Rakitic? Great signing. . .
Now, Sevilla has one of the worst defence in the primera liga. They're one of or the only team in the top 8 with a - gd. What is now the sense in selling Konko who is the only shinning light in the defence to Genoa. Manzano is a man of wonders.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 5:12pm On Feb 01, 2011
medjai:

Rakitic? Great signing. . .
Now, Sevilla has one of the worst defence in the primera liga. They're one of or the only team in the top 8 with a - gd. What is now the sense in selling Konko who is the only shinning light in the defence to Genoa. Manzano is a man of wonders.

You have to understand that we run on very limited budget and have to sell to buy. . . .no doubts Konko is one of the far better players in our rank but thats only in the attacking sense; he's very much like an Alves.
We'll definitely shore up the defence at the close season but more than that we desperately need that playmaker in the middle of the park to create things --- Romaric & Zokora is hardly the pair to deliver this!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by FBS: 10:12am On Feb 02, 2011
I expect RM to thunk you guys tonight. tongue cheesy
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by AjanleKoko: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2011
Sevilla actually sucks this season. Fall hand team.
In the CDR first leg, Kanoute was virtually the only player that tried to hold the ball up in the middle and push it forward. He was also the only one trying to break up RM's play in the middle. All the other guys were just doing aimless runs into space. The defence was decent though.
Sometimes when you watch Fabiano play at Sevilla, it's almost like it's not the same chap that plays for Brazil. He is so lazy, never tries to win balls, always has the ball taken away from him easily.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 11:45am On Feb 04, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Sevilla actually sucks this season. Fall hand team.
In the CDR first leg, Kanoute was virtually the only player that tried to hold the ball up in the middle and push it forward. He was also the only one trying to break up RM's play in the middle. All the other guys were just doing aimless runs into space. The defence was decent though.
Sometimes when you watch Fabiano play at Sevilla, it's almost like it's not the same chap that plays for Brazil. He is so lazy, never tries to win balls, always has the ball taken away from him easily.

No be lie. . . .didn't expect any miracle to happen against RM; not in that second leg at least.

i think everybody associated with Sevilla Fc is basically just waiting for this season to end so that manzano can start afresh on a clean slate. Del Nido has now realized for the club to make form of impact, they have to spend and try to keep their better players. there's no creativity in midfield, all we do is take the ball wide; and even in that department, Capel and Perroti are failing woefully to deliver (the latter being surprising cuz earlier in the season, he was one of our brighter sparks).
If we can keep Negredo for next season, i'd be very delighted; as for Fabiano, i am still undecided abotu him because he's got potential just needs someone to push him to work harder.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Pharoh: 10:39pm On Feb 12, 2011
Absolute disgrace of a club no wonder they don't come here anymore to update the thread. . . grin
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Pharoh: 4:13am On Feb 18, 2011
This place has turned into a plague that even their fans cannot update this thread anymore and to think they were wasting their small energy on Madrid that is not even their mate. Please don't go for the second leg in Portugal and tell UEFA that you are going to withdraw at this stage, shameless club.   cheesy

This club is an absolute disgrace to Spanish football and they should be shipped to Togo football league next season because even in Nigeria the likes of bukola babes will give them a run for their money. Please let better clubs like espanyol and Bilbao represent Spain next season in place of  a useless club like sevilla . . . poor Andalusians.   grin  cheesy
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by medjai(m): 6:05am On Feb 18, 2011
Pharoh:

This place has turned into a plague that even their fans cannot update this thread anymore and to think they were wasting their small energy on Madrid that is not even their mate. Please don't go for the second leg in Portugal and tell UEFA that you are going to withdraw at this stage, shameless club.   cheesy

This club is an absolute disgrace to Spanish football and they should be shipped to Togo football league next season  because even in Nigeria the likes of bukola babes will give them a run for their money. Please let better clubs like espanyol and Bilbao represent Spain next season in place of  a useless club like sevilla . . . poor Andalusians.   grin  cheesy
lol at the bolded part. I can't believe they lost at home yet again. There's really no use for the return leg.
I think Villareal has a good chance of going through after the 0-0 draw away at Napoli. They can get a win at home at the Madrigal but I must say that Napoli are really good. A tough game it will be.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Pharoh: 8:37am On Feb 18, 2011
medjai:

lol at the bolded part. I can't believe they lost at home yet again. There's really no use for the return leg.
I think Villareal has a good chance of going through after the 0-0 draw away at Napoli. They can get a win at home at the Madrigal but I must say that Napoli are really good. A tough game it will be.

Well i will not write them off because they like Valencia and athletico madrid are European cup veterans and they do better in this competitions more than la liga so all hopes are not lost.There is no excuse why this club cannot be competing for the top four spot in la liga every season if not even winning it someday but they are just something else these days.

As for Villarreal, i will be very very sad if they go out at this stage but it will be very tough for them as they did not get any away goal and napoli is very determined to make it in Europe. Villarreal is better in my opinion but they have been having problems lately in scoring goals and i hope things will change when they meet in the second leg fixture. Well there is still hope for both clubs but sevilla just have to step it up or they will be dumped out and the only thing remaining for them is to fight for another Europa league qualification next season if they can even make it. Getafe, soceidad and A.madrid will give them a tough time as i don't even see espanyol and bibao coming down from their present position.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 8:03pm On Feb 18, 2011
Every team goes thru its lean periods and this is ours. . . .in as much as many of the clubs teeming fans do not like this but we are not overly worried. Before the Juande Ramos era, we were practically no where in Spanish football; then for 5/6 consecutive seasons, we've been up there competing with the very best, shipping out the best of our lot to the bigger teams yet still putting out good showings. Invariably, depreciating returns will always set in & its always the clubs with the leaner purses that will come off worse. . . .no shakes, we'll be back & better!

& who says we're out of the Europa Ligue!!?
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 8:10pm On Feb 18, 2011
Next game:

v Hercules (Sunday 1800h)

6 points from the Europa Ligue spots. . . .Europe is still within reach!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2011
Halftime - Sevilla 1:0 Hercules

Excellent game thus far. . . .Rakitic opens his account in spanish footie & what a player he is. . . .very accurate, precise crosses from both dead & live balls; not the best CM but he holds the ball well, has decent vision & passing abilities. Thank God we finally splashed the cash for a quality player.

Alvaro Negredo is pure class; strong, pacey skillful - I just hope we can keep him for another season. . . .Fabiano is not encouraging at all & I think its high time Diego Capel moved to some other club, dude offers absolutely nothing!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2011
Second half begins. . . . . keep this up and we'll only be 3 points adrift the Europa Ligue spots!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2011
Hercules are getting a foothold now, creating more chances. . . . .we need that second goal; Fabiano off for Kanoute.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2011
Negredo is the shining star in attack for this team, whenever he is on we are much more of a threat!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2011
Finally. . . .a win!
Very uncomfy last fifteen minutes but we saw it out!  grin

Now to the Nou camp; hopefully a resounding Barca win and we'll be in touching distance of Bilbao - 4 points only!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by AjanleKoko: 10:57pm On Feb 20, 2011
RuuDie:

Alvaro Negredo is pure class; strong, pacey skillful - I just hope we can keep him for another season. . . .F[b]abiano is not encouraging at all[/b] & I think its high time Diego Capel moved to some other club, dude offers absolutely nothing!

You guys need to get rid of that guy.
Asides a dodgy form of sorts displayed at the World Cup, Fabiano has not played anything this season. I guess he wants to play himself out of the club, and back to Brazil.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by medjai(m): 7:26am On Feb 21, 2011
^^ He'll be leaving at the end of the season, he said so on Twitter.

Finally, a win!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 10:07pm On Feb 21, 2011
I swear it'd be like xmas to me if Capel and Fabiano are both shipped out grin

on the other hand, how we managed to snap up Rakitic in this crazy transfer market beats me; a team like UTD would benefit from his delivery, the boy whips in a wicked cross, far better than Nani & Valencia put together.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 11:43am On Feb 22, 2011
Going to be a mighty dog-fight for 5 & 6 positions on the table. . . . Sociedad's win last night puts em right back in the race; Espanyol, Athletico, Bilbao, Mallorca, Getafe & even Santander have a chance.

y'all. . . .fashi the EPL, El Classico & all; this is where the real slugfest is at grin grin grin
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 11:45am On Feb 22, 2011
Saturday February 26 Time Match
17:00 Sporting GijónvReal Zaragoza
17:00 RCD EspanyolvReal Sociedad
17:00 Atlético MadridvSevilla FC
19:00 RCD MallorcavFC Barcelona
21:00 Deportivo La CoruñavReal Madrid
Sunday February 27 Time Match
16:00 Hércules CFvGetafe CF
16:00 Levante UDvOsasuna
18:00 Racing SantandervVillarreal CF
20:00 Athletic BilbaovValencia CF

Keep your eyes on those ties. . . . there's a lot to play for, each of these sides are gunning for something!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by medjai(m): 6:28pm On Feb 23, 2011
FC Porto vs Sevilla.
You guys will need a serious miracle to qualify for the last 16. Two unreplied goals at the Dragao, serious miracle.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Pharoh: 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
Can sevilla make it in 20 mins because porto just throwed in more defenders i think and it is time to press for the second goal.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Pharoh: 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2011
Navas no get football sense at all and kanoute with that other guy cannot tell themselves simple allow. angry
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 7:49pm On Feb 23, 2011
C'mon guys. . . .1 last mighty heave!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 7:52pm On Feb 23, 2011
Varas. . . .excellent!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Wolfsburg: UCL: (2 - 1) On 30th September 2015 / Fulham Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 13th November 2022 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur (4 - 2) On 19th January 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.