Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? (21138 Views)

Visa Seekers Pray With Foreign Flags At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Is Holy Ghost Fire Prayer Biblical? / Holy Ghost Fire: Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 17, 2017
Aremu01:

Oga Seun.... The world is too wicked to live the enemy alone....
They ll finish you if you continue to play the good guy with them

Rom 12:17-19

17 Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. 18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. 19 Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay,’ says Jehovah

2 Likes

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 17, 2017
Oyind17:
Jesus didn't give us prayer point, so pray the way you feel like

You need a prayer point to apply Jesus command?

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 17, 2017
ToriBlue:
I thought you are an atheist?

But he is giving the correct answer. Too bad that some who profess belief in Christ will still be shouting fire for there enemies when Jesus command is clear.

2 Likes

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Viula(m): 7:43am On Apr 17, 2017
sevenhundred:
the new generations churches comes up with this antchrist mode of praying, the only prayer allow according to jesus is our lord prayer.

when u talk about the Lord's prayer
it was how Jesus asked his disciples to pray and they did and that prayer had been answer so no need to pray a prayer that has been answer. he said thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. His will has been done on earth when Jesus died and rose again.
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Emusson24: 7:46am On Apr 17, 2017
Elijah's era was pre-Christian, What I mean by that is that though he prayed for fire to consume his enemies, when Christ came he gave us a new commandment which is to love our enemies
Chascop:

Did bible give you prayer point?

Holy Ghost fire is biblical. Ask Elijah...

Psalm 11:6 says ; Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by eyekaynoble: 7:49am On Apr 17, 2017
femi4:
stop confusing yourself. The first translation from the Greek version uses "ghost" which was old English. Not modern British English. What you have is further translation nothing like "Rectification"

No translation is superior to the other

ghost (n.)
Old English gast "breath; good or bad spirit, angel, demon; person, man, human being," in Biblical use "soul, spirit, life,
U are right again but no confusion here, kindly tell me,ghost and spirit, are they the same in meaning? Thanks
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Viula(m): 7:55am On Apr 17, 2017
CzarChris:
"My people perish for lack of knowledge" Hosea 4:6. In the book of Acts of the Apostles chapter 2 when the holy ghost fire came upon the followers of Christ, it was written that they all spoke in diverse tongues and preached the gospel to all present (evangelism) "with boldness and without fear". Also remember that Christ on his ascension into heaven promised the holy spirit to his disciples.

My point here is simple, it is a great aberration to believe that the Holy Ghost fire is for punishment or vengeance. During the time of Elijah, the Holy Ghost wasn't promised yet, so it is safe to say that the fire that fell from above then wasn't the "Holy Ghost fire". Holy Ghost fire is meant to bless and spiritually empower the Christian and not as is been misused today by unenlightened Christian(forgive my language) as a weapon of vengeance.

Vengeance is mine says the Lord.

#myviewthough
sit down there, evil
men will kill you and later gave their life to Christ and God will forgive them and they will go to heaven while you that they kill may end up in hell. so i cant permit that o. i will pray for fire to consume every one planing evil in my
life but i wont mention anybody and i wont carry anybody in mind. but who so ever is responsible will suffer for it. because i
was called to be a blessing to my generation but if any one feel he is not worthy to partake in my blessing and started planing evil he will go down o. am only enforcing my right in christ
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by femi4: 7:58am On Apr 17, 2017
eyekaynoble:
U are right again but no confusion here, kindly tell me,ghost and spirit, are they the same in meaning? Thanks
The last quote was from old English dictionary. Stop looking at the meaning with today's english
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by eyekaynoble: 8:01am On Apr 17, 2017
MoltenMagma:
I think the confusion lies in the usage. There is nothing like 'Holy Ghost fire'. It is written that God is both merciful and 'a consuming fire'. He also says 'I kill and I make alive', so when engaging in warfare prayers, we should use 'fire of God', and not 'Holy Ghost fire' because when the Holy Spirit descended on men on the Pentecost, He came in the form of 'cloven fire'. It transformed the disciples, not destroy.

Anyone saying we should pray for our enemies is living in ignorance. Our Lord Jesus Christ did not intend for us to be turned to suya by this wicked ones. Stay there let them finish you and waste your destinies, you hear? Fire of God destroy any destiny waster opposing my manifestion! angry
May your days/years be long. I keep telling people "fire from heaven" or "fire of God" was what prophet Elijah used and no such thing as "holy ghost fire"

3 Likes

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by eyekaynoble: 8:07am On Apr 17, 2017
femi4:
The last quote was from old English dictionary. Stop looking at the meaning with today's english
It's alright, at least, for the sake of peace. Thanks
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by miraclea: 8:21am On Apr 17, 2017
People need to unlearned what they have learned sometimes before they can understand simple sentence fire as we know consumed things the difference here is that it is holy Ghost type which has the capacity to act in different dimension people fails to know that Paul was made blind he even made one blind when he was preaching to a king our lord Jesus Christ in the process of casting out demons killed heards of swine all by the power of the holy Ghost ,Holy Ghost is numerous in his works it converted the sinners it also consumes all that want to hinder Gods will on earth if activated
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Trump2017: 8:24am On Apr 17, 2017
Seun:
It's unbiblical:
"You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?" Matthew 5:43-48.

u have also heard suffer no witch to live
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 17, 2017
naptu2:

Mathew 5:44.
"I will slap you" grin tongue
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 17, 2017
Chascop:

Did bible give you prayer point?

Holy Ghost fire is biblical. Ask Elijah...

Psalm 11:6 says ; Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
luke 9:51-56 even jesus rebuked the act of elijah for sending down fire, whose example are we to follow, elijah or jesus. Please quote in the new testament where praying with holyghost fire to kill enemies is biblical.
There is a way to pray warfare prayers and it is not holyghost fire fall down and die. 2cor 10:4-5
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by ransomed: 8:48am On Apr 17, 2017
Enemies? They must die by fire. If you think otherwise, pray that they should continue to frustrate your efforts in all spheres of life. If you experience spiritual attack you will learn to how use the weapon of war fare that is not carnal but mighty to the pulling down of stronghold of enemies. Burst in song: if na die let dem die, if na kolo let dem kolo , if na quench let dem quench holy ghost give me victory.
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 17, 2017
MoltenMagma:
"I will slap you" grin tongue
and he will turn the other cheek
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Joe4real1988(m): 9:13am On Apr 17, 2017
sevenhundred:
the new generations churches comes up with this antchrist mode of praying, the only prayer allow according to jesus is our lord prayer.

Exactly my broda. Nd most pple don't knw dat 'Our Lord's Prayer' consist of all d prayer points one cud tink of. Our Lord Prayer is ok 4 me o instead of me 2 say wat I'm nt supposed 2 say grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by oshorstan(f): 9:46am On Apr 17, 2017
Shelloween:
The answer is NO, but.... If Holy ghost fire really fired people, then we would all be dead. This is because someone, somewhere, somehow had invoked all degrees of holy ghost fire to devour you (yes you reading this) and you are not an exception too. You've asked holy ghost fire to burn your enemies. Everyone has an enemy. Everyone is an enemy to someone. So, we'd all be dead if Holy Ghost fired all the enemies in the world. (Sorry it's long. I haven't commented on any post since morning....I went From church to my house, then straight to the TV ( i watched man utd vs Chelsea game. #GGMU). I went to celebrate our victory with homies. I'm just coming back. Who asked me all this?... No one. I just talk too much.... Okay yeah! You can't talk with your hands. I write too much. So, i'm kinda bored, anyone willing to chat me up? Anyone? Just mention me... Lemme know how your own day went)

hahahah... funny analogy, but what if you're an enemy to someone who prays fire, we all for done die cos God is a just judge. We tend to abuse certain privileges given to us. Even if na ant, roaches, fly, we go Begin use fire to pray. God help us.. that chelsea game pain me ooooo.. E be like say mau utd won trophy by beating us.
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by haryomikun(m): 10:05am On Apr 17, 2017
Are people really this dumb?

Holy ghost fire isn't against physical enemies. Its against spiritual enemies. God won't kill someone simply because you hate him/her or do you think the Holy Ghost is some automated bot like nairaland's anti spam bot? grin
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by dfrost: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2017
naptu2:

Mathew 5:44.

Uncle naptu2 sef dey quote Bibílè. cheesy

Nah everything you know? shocked
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by oaroloye(m): 11:11am On Apr 17, 2017
It is not.
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by sevenhundred(m): 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2017
Viula:
when u talk about the Lord's prayer
it was how Jesus asked his disciples to pray and they did and that prayer had been answer so no need to pray a prayer that has been answer. he said thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. His will has been done on earth when Jesus died and rose again.
they ask him "teach us how to pray" and jesus taught them the prayer now called the "lord prayer, there is no other place he told them to pray contrary to this pray, nothing like holy ghost fire.

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by proffmanue(m): 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
fire can make: fire can destroy (Fire purifies Gold: Fire destroy any thing on it's path)
Holy Ghost fire makes (Fire of pentecos)
Fire of God consumes!!!
one should use fire of God to destroy every powers and forces of darkness used against one...wen u address and destroy d dark forces used by enemies, they wil flew..
it is d dark forces in ones enemies dt the fire consume..d physical vessel wil remain but devoild of evil power.
Perhaps ur enemy may accept dt u hv a greater power and submit to God.
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by CzarChris(m): 10:05pm On Apr 17, 2017
Viula:
sit down there, evil
men will kill you and later gave their life to Christ and God will forgive them and they will go to heaven while you that they kill may end up in hell. so i cant permit that o. i will pray for fire to consume every one planing evil in my
life but i wont mention anybody and i wont carry anybody in mind. but who so ever is responsible will suffer for it. because i
was called to be a blessing to my generation but if any one feel he is not worthy to partake in my blessing and started planing evil he will go down o. am only enforcing my right in christ
I am not disputing your right to call down fire from heaven, I am only saying that such "fires" are not from the Holy Ghost. Read my post again, this time slowly and comprehend the English. Elijah called down fire from heaven that consumed the prophets of baal, and it wasn't the the holy spirit. Holy spirit is for endowment and edification not vengeance. You can call fire from heaven to consume your enemies as in the days of Elijah, but calling the Holy Ghost fire on someone is the same thing as blessing the person.
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by leofab(f): 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2017
HRich:

No

He's a native Doctor
your nativity knows no bound? Elijah and every other person mentioned in the Bible sort from those fake desciples including Jesus and his family are Jews.. and he never advised anyone to follow him
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2017
MoltenMagma:
I think the confusion lies in the usage. There is nothing like 'Holy Ghost fire'. It is written that God is both merciful and 'a consuming fire'. He also says 'I kill and I make alive', so when engaging in warfare prayers, we should use 'fire of God', and not 'Holy Ghost fire' because when the Holy Spirit descended on men on the Pentecost, He came in the form of 'cloven fire'. It transformed the disciples, not destroy.

Anyone saying we should pray for our enemies is living in ignorance. Our Lord Jesus Christ did not intend for us to be turned to suya by this wicked ones. Stay there let them finish you and waste your destinies, you hear? Fire of God destroy any destiny waster opposing my manifestion! angry
amen
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by teegirl085: 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2017
Holyghost fire z not a physical smtin nah......plus we dnt pray against fellow human beings. .....we pray against principalities n powers (backing up what anybody may be doing)
....abi principalities n powers are our neighbours?
.....u can call holyghost fire to fall on ursef too fah.....
Matt 3:11....He will baptize you with the
Holyspirit n FIRE. ..
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by HRich(m): 6:28am On Apr 18, 2017
leofab:
your nativity knows no bound? Elijah and every other person mentioned in the Bible sort from those fake desciples including Jesus and his family are Jews.. and he never advised anyone to follow him

OK, you're now explaining things to yourself
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by WackyBoy1445: 12:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
While it was okay for Elijah to call down fire from heaven to consume people, Jesus' response to it when his disciples wanted to do same, shows how wrong it is.

LUKE 9:53
And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

CHRISTIAN MUST NEVER PRAY DOWN FIRE ON PEOPLE. GOD IS NOT A CONSUMING FIRE EITHER

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by emmaitive(m): 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
eyekaynoble:
It's the "holy spirit" no such thing as "holy ghost." Kindly check the meaning in the encyclopedia or Google it. The term "holy ghost" was/is used in (KJV) and was later changed(corrected) to "holy spirit" in the (NKJV). Remain blessed
i know,jst called it like that base on d headline .which everway u call it.still dsame tin sha..anyway tnks

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
teegirl085:
Holyghost fire z not a physical smtin nah......plus we dnt pray against fellow human beings. .....we pray against principalities n powers (backing up what anybody may be doing)
....abi principalities n powers are our neighbours?
.....u can call holyghost fire to fall on ursef too fah.....
Matt 3:11....He will baptize you with the
Holyspirit n FIRE. ..
some people call holyghost fire against the witches in thier fathers village, arent they physical people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Is The Right Time For A Christian Woman To Go Into Relationship Or Date? / Debo Adeleye: Why You Should Not Marry For Sex (Video) / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.