Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators (12975 Views)

FBI List: EFCC Goes After Bankers, BDC Operators Aiding Cybercriminals / CBN Approves $10k Per Week FX Sale To Bdc’s / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar As Bdc Intervention Goes On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by tollyboy5(m): 6:03am On Apr 16, 2017
The Naira is expected to appreciate in the following week, after the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) says it will increase dollar sales to Bureau De Change (BDC) operators.
Experts expressed hope that the development would improve liquidity and also help to boost the Naira.
The local currency currently trades at 410 Naira to a dollar on the parallel market, compared to 398 Naira it traded last week.
Following the increase in demand for dollars, the Naira depreciated further in the parallel market as the exchange rate rose from 407 Naira to 410 Naira per dollar.

www.channelstv.com/2017/04/15/cbn-to-increase-dollar-sales-to-bdc-operators/

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Atiku2019: 6:06am On Apr 16, 2017
Observing
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by menstrualpad: 6:06am On Apr 16, 2017
Government should increase export. Strike favorable trade agreements. And stop this reckless throwing around of forex .... Cos it would most likely fail... Unless the underlying conditions are addressed

13 Likes

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by tollyboy5(m): 6:12am On Apr 16, 2017
menstrualpad:
Government should increase export. Strike favorable trade agreements. And stop this reckless throwing around of forex .... Cos it would most likely fail... Unless the underlying conditions are addressed
Nigeria export is increasing daily I don't know why we are not feeling the affect. undecided lalasticlacla mynd44 com and do the needful happy sister cool

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 16, 2017
Lol. This shit CBN is doing is shameful. I've always known that it was not sustainable. They made dollar fall from 520 to 365, now it is moving up again. As as today, it is 410 on AbokiFx....mtcheww

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:21am On Apr 16, 2017
Nice
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by jbkomo(m): 7:21am On Apr 16, 2017
Take from d NIA/Amechi/Muazu money to effect d necesary change

9 Likes

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by abeniagbon(m): 7:22am On Apr 16, 2017
they lack logic...
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Sharon6(f): 7:23am On Apr 16, 2017
Good move

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by mykeljosef: 7:23am On Apr 16, 2017
ok o

you made good seem like bad

only to make bad seem like worse

APC biggest undoing will always be their heaven on earth promises that lured zombies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by BiafraIShere(m): 7:25am On Apr 16, 2017
Okay
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 16, 2017
menstrualpad:
Exactly! We need exports, so we can be paid in foreign currency not imports where we spend the little fx we have buying goods. When exports is increase the economy will start recovering.
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by effty(m): 7:28am On Apr 16, 2017
tollyboy5:

Nigeria export is increasing daily I don't know why we are not feeling the affect. undecided lalasticlacla mynd44 com and do the needful happy sister cool
Tell me what other products we export majorly apart from oil? Voodoo economics in practice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by felixomor: 7:33am On Apr 16, 2017
Must you sell to BDCs?

5 Likes

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by abescom: 7:34am On Apr 16, 2017
menstrualpad:
I agree with you. It takes time though. It is more like this government is desperate for some positive news. The artificial method is unnecessary but can you blame them? Things are so bad that Nigerians, not just the government want some positive news.

I just hope it doesn't continue on the long term or lead to the government abandoning the agricultural drive it started.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by alabi484(m): 7:36am On Apr 16, 2017
mykeljosef:
ok o
Dem no talk say dem go reduce am nah...216 wasn't OK, maybe 416 will be... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by TPAND(f): 7:39am On Apr 16, 2017
The most inconsistent administration in the history of Nigeria.
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Mosesjoker(m): 7:39am On Apr 16, 2017
federal government are just gonna complicate things for this country..........why will you start a policy that is not sustainable...... all I see is potential doom on naira because this clueless people will definitely stop "pumping" dollars into the system and the aftermath of that........nobody can predict.......
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by jfleece(m): 7:41am On Apr 16, 2017
We have so many mineral resources that are highly exportable, and profitable.. Yet our incompetent government chose to look the other way.. The question ryt now should be "is Nigeria practicing a constructive and an updated economic framework Is it in consonance with the 21st century methods of international trade?
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by mykeljosef: 7:44am On Apr 16, 2017
alabi484:

Dem no talk say dem go reduce am nah...216 wasn't OK, maybe 416 will be... grin

its like someone complaining jollof rice n meat was bad

only to produce yellow garri n salt as an alternative

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by LagosismyHome(f): 7:45am On Apr 16, 2017
Very clueless CBN......artificially correcting the exchange rate is not sustainable. A good government will work into putting some fundamentals in place instead of what CBN is doing now.

How long can they keep this up at the expenses of depleting the foreign reserve
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by drizzit(m): 7:46am On Apr 16, 2017
CBN keeps pumping out dollars
And we keep finding "orphaned" foreign currencies all over the country
Where's the dollars been pumped into?
Sinkholes?

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by HAH: 7:47am On Apr 16, 2017
One of the main reason of increase in rate is the demand to due umra.

I will only take the CBN serious when they unify all rate in same place, having different rates for different purposes encourages round tripping, and honestly the only reason I see why they are not yet unified is because some officials benefiting from it

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Johnrake69: 7:47am On Apr 16, 2017
menstrualpad:

Exportation is really not the way out. We have to satisfy our basic needs first.

We have to be self sufficient on the this two things

1.Petroleum products
2.Food commodities

If we can achieve this trust me the naira will become the African dollar
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by menstrualpad: 7:53am On Apr 16, 2017
Johnrake69:

Exportation is really not the way out. We have to satisfy our basic needs first.

We have to be self sufficient on the this two things

1.Petroleum products
2.Food commodities

If we can achieve this trust me the naira will become the African dollar
We can't do that.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Johnrake69: 7:55am On Apr 16, 2017
jfleece:
We have so many mineral resources that are highly exportable, and profitable.. Yet our incompetent government chose to look the other way.. The question ryt now should be "is Nigeria practicing a constructive and an updated economic framework Is it in consonance with the 21st century methods of international trade?

It's not financially viable to export raw materials. The world economy rewards those that add value to the raw materials than those that export it at its raw state. Mars chocolate makes more than 10times what Ivory Coast the world largest producer of cocoa make in a year.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by azezola(m): 7:56am On Apr 16, 2017
effty:
Tell me what other products we export majorly apart from oil? Voodoo economics in practice.
...we export spirituals start selling
pastors
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Johnrake69: 7:57am On Apr 16, 2017
menstrualpad:

We can't do that.

Because we have lazy leaders whose only ambition in life is to buy luxury cars and marry wives with the public funds they looted
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by FavoredGuy: 7:59am On Apr 16, 2017
The main issue is that majority of the masses are suffering because of naira depreciation. Forget all those grammar and find a simple solution that will benefit all. Make policies that will bring down the prices of goods for common man.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by menstrualpad: 7:59am On Apr 16, 2017
Johnrake69:

Because we have lazy leaders whose only ambition in life is to buy luxury cars and marry wives with the public funds they looted
And more evil followers.
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by guychidile: 8:00am On Apr 16, 2017
I'm just confused.
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Nukilia: 8:01am On Apr 16, 2017
felixomor:
Must you sell to BDCs?

This government is the architect of confusion in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria / "We Have Recovered N644bn" - AMCON / NNPC, Investors To Relocate Refinery From Turkey To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.