Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators (12974 Views)

FBI List: EFCC Goes After Bankers, BDC Operators Aiding Cybercriminals / CBN Approves $10k Per Week FX Sale To Bdc’s / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar As Bdc Intervention Goes On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by EternalBeing: 8:06am On Apr 16, 2017
Ok.
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Johnrake69: 8:09am On Apr 16, 2017
effty:
Tell me what other products we export majorly apart from oil? Voodoo economics in practice.

Exportation of raw materials is only a short term solution. Exportation of raw materials leaves you at the mercy of the western powers. They determine the price. In return they add value to the cocoa you export and ask you to pay 10times of what you earned from cocoa if you want chocolate

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by alt3r3g0: 8:18am On Apr 16, 2017
With the whole whistle blowing going on, its obvious the people using all the dollars are the ones with safe houses.
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Tiffbuxas: 8:30am On Apr 16, 2017
Which place on earth have you seen changes I mean real changes without people who are ready and willing to fight for it. No offense but we naija we no go are not ready for such, common protest we chicken out. Abegg make we bear am in silence unless we are ready to fight for the changes we desire from this tyrannical govt with useless policies. How can u sell dollar to black market hoping to relieve stress in dollar, when they are the Wif dat what happens they hike the price again. WHO DEY FOOL WHO

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Bridget95(f): 8:30am On Apr 16, 2017
tollyboy5:

Nigeria export is increasing daily I don't know why we are not feeling the affect. undecided lalasticlacla mynd44 com and do the needful happy sister cool
what and what is Nigeria exporting apart from oil and half of the revenue is used to import refined petroleum products .

what and what is Nigeria exporting to yield badly needed forex?
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by jfleece(m): 8:38am On Apr 16, 2017
Johnrake69:

It's not financially viable to export raw materials. The world economy rewards those that add value to the raw materials than those that export it at its raw state. Mars chocolate makes more than 10times what Ivory Coast the world largest producer of cocoa make in a year.
yea that's true, but we ve so many untapped resources... Nigeria needs to update its mental process by adding value and priority to a continuum of socioeconomic development which will indirectly attract foreign investment...
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by onatisi(m): 8:51am On Apr 16, 2017
CBN

CONFUSED BANK OF NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Nukilia: 9:10am On Apr 16, 2017
Johnrake69:

Exportation is really not the way out. We have to satisfy our basic needs first.

We have to be self sufficient on the this two things

1.Petroleum products
2.Food commodities

If we can achieve this trust me the naira will become the African dollar

You are smart! Don't mind those singing various songs on exports and you ask them what we are to export, but they can't point to one thing.

In as much as we keep depending on importing petroleum products then we're still joking.
Electricity is another issue which can help drive down the cost of commodities and services thereby leading to creation of more jobs in the country.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Nukilia: 9:14am On Apr 16, 2017
jfleece:
yea that's true, but we ve so many untapped resources... Nigeria needs to update its mental process by adding value and priority to a continuum of socioeconomic development which will indirectly attract foreign investment...

Lol, who will do that for us? Are you talking about the set of leaders who forged their certificates and loot the nation dry? The leaders have no clue!
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by repogirl(f): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2017
Naira is about to go up to 420 to a dollar again. sad

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Deepfreezer(m): 9:40am On Apr 16, 2017
The problem is immediately some heard naira has appreciated they started rushing the dollar. Even people going to China and Dubai. Travelling to dubai, I prefer to buy the dirham. Most country local currency are sold at the airport buy and save urself stress and its even cheaper.
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by princetom1(m): 10:05am On Apr 16, 2017
alabi484:

Dem no talk say dem go reduce am nah...216 wasn't OK, maybe 416 will be... grin

We are no more in 2016, so, correct yourself,

217 grin
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by BlackMbakara1(m): 10:16am On Apr 16, 2017
Why sell to BDCs that will sell to politicians without records and at any price? This is why the Naira will never appreciate. Let only the banks sell to everyone with proper recording linked to your BVN.

I'm suspecting CBN personnel are benefiting from this racket.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by jfleece(m): 10:19am On Apr 16, 2017
Nukilia:

Lol, who will do that for us? Are you talking about the set of leaders who forged their certificates and loot the nation dry? The leaders have no clue!
our leadership style is so toxic, our leaders are highly incompetent and the future of our youths is being toyed with, that mother of all bomb Dat was used in America should be directed to aso villa... Let's end this

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Jokkarm2: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2017
How long will Cbn keep pumping dollers in the system? Why not device another means of improving the system and stabilise doller.

Even if you print Doller one day your machine will spoil there will be a shortage .

Cbn schools consult soludo, sanusi, and others to proffer lasting solution to it and stop doing trial and errow.
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by erico2k2(m): 11:05am On Apr 16, 2017
tollyboy5:

Nigeria export is increasing daily I don't know why we are not feeling the affect. undecided lalasticlacla mynd44 com and do the needful happy sister cool
name waht we export that is increasing and plz I beg U dnt say OIL
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by erico2k2(m): 11:06am On Apr 16, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
Why sell to BDCs that will sell to politicians without records and at any price? This is why the Naira will never appreciate. Let only the banks sell to everyone with proper recording linked to your BVN.

I'm suspecting CBN personnel are benefiting from this racket.
questiong begging, why would everyone need dollar?
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by tollyboy5(m): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2017
erico2k2:
name waht we export that is increasing and plz I beg U dnt say OIL
No not oil our agricultural produce in nothern Nigeria are been exported
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by erico2k2(m): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2017
Nukilia:

You are smart! Don't mind those singing various songs on exports and you ask them what we are to export, but they can't point to one thing.

In as much as we keep depending on importing petroleum products then we're still joking.
Electricity is another issue which can help drive down the cost of commodities and services thereby leading to creation of more jobs in the country.
Correct if I was at the helm of leadership, the only export from the Oil sector will be petrol gas and kerosene, not Oil.And ofcos we should be self sufficient in these commodities.
There was a satellite views of the Earth on BBC two days ago at night, thae vast part of Africa was in Darkness why Europe and North America was shinning with light but we have Gas to power electric.E nor tire U?

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by erico2k2(m): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2017
tollyboy5:

No not oil our agricultural produce in nothern Nigeria are been exported
Name one plz?
coz I live where I will see them imported
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by erico2k2(m): 11:10am On Apr 16, 2017
Tiffbuxas:
Which place on earth have you seen changes I mean real changes without people who are ready and willing to fight for it. No offense but we naija we no go are not ready for such, common protest we chicken out. Abegg make we bear am in silence unless we are ready to fight for the changes we desire from this tyrannical govt with useless policies. How can u sell dollar to black market hoping to relieve stress in dollar, when they are the Wif dat what happens they hike the price again. WHO DEY FOOL WHO
Dis nah 9ja Ooh, nor 4get dead men dnt enjoy changes. grin grin
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Nukilia: 11:14am On Apr 16, 2017
jfleece:
our leadership style is so toxic, our leaders are highly incompetent and the future of our youths is being toyed with, that mother of all bomb Dat was used in America should be directed to aso villa... Let's end this

The end is near brother... the hand writing is on the wall.
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Nukilia: 11:15am On Apr 16, 2017
Johnrake69:

Exportation of raw materials is only a short term solution. Exportation of raw materials leaves you at the mercy of the western powers. They determine the price. In return they add value to the cocoa you export and ask you to pay 10times of what you earned from cocoa if you want chocolate

Smart submission!
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Nukilia: 11:16am On Apr 16, 2017
jfleece:

The incompetence of our leaders is having a ripple effect on all the sectors of the society.
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by BlackMbakara1(m): 11:18am On Apr 16, 2017
erico2k2:

questiong begging, why would everyone need dollar?

My broda i tire o, our insatiable lust for foreign items is what is weighing us down...

Wen our Naira was good, we were consuming local content n doing thgs our own way.
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by erico2k2(m): 11:24am On Apr 16, 2017
BlackMbakara1:

My broda i tire o, our insatiable lust for foreign items is what is weighing us down...

Wen our Naira was good, we were consuming local content n doing thgs our own way.
Bro Nigeria has one problem and thats the key to everything else, if this is not fixed at least %50 we are doomed still.We need Constant POWER. Thats the key to opend our dependency .This will put money in the pocket of ordinary people.The greatest wealth comes from private sector in the west give people power 24/7 see if they dont manufacture, research in new product cos from where I see it, Raw materials are natural and we got loads of them.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Coldfaya(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2017
i need to understand something. why cant cbn sell FX directly to end users just like PTA and Form A thereby cutting off BDC guys.
it is obvious that the price of fx is determined by bdc not cbn.

now follow me: since cbn sells to bdc, it means they know people must buy from the bdc's at any price set by bdc, so why not cut off the bdc and sell directly to Nigerians who will definitely buy from bdc's.

but i understand this is nigeria
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by jfleece(m): 11:55am On Apr 16, 2017
Nukilia:

The incompetence of our leaders is having a ripple effect on all the sectors of the society.
and it seems they are blind to it, today is Easter and a majority of nigerians cannot afford to buy basic necessities, talk less of festivity related household products, and yet each time I tune to channels TV which I seldom watch, I keep seeing lots of stolen cash.. And the most annoying part in it is when the stolen cash is devoid of ownership.. Or do ghost embark on Money laundry

1 Like

Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Nukilia: 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2017
jfleece:
and it seems they are blind to it, today is Easter and a majority of nigerians cannot afford to buy basic necessities, talk less of festivity related household products, and yet each time I tune to channels TV which I seldom watch, I keep seeing lots of stolen cash.. And the most annoying part in it is when the stolen cash is devoid of ownership.. Or do ghost embark on Money laundry

Hmmm, our politicians know us so well, they know we'll only complain a little and return back to the status quo.

The following system has failed the people:

Political system
Judicial system
Security system
Religious system
Educational system e.t.c

We can't keep watching while the whole house crumbles, I'm sure there must be a way out of this quagmire undecided
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by Nukilia: 12:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
jfleece:

If there is something you can do to help someone in need around you, kindly do it without expecting anything from them. Our leaders are heartless!
Re: CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators by ntuedor(m): 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
FYI & Action

In need of Forex to make overseas payment for goods and services?

For $10-$100k you will pay naira first after which you will receive telex in 24 hrs

$100k and above, you will give a bank endorsed confirmable cheque.

For more inquiries; rates etc, Send me a PM. Rate is 410

Thanks,

Nick

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"We Have Recovered N644bn" - AMCON / NNPC, Investors To Relocate Refinery From Turkey To Nigeria / Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.