Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote (9695 Views)

A TRINITARIAN Should Explain This Scripture .... / Trinitarian Disrespect For God / Put Your Hard Questions For Trinitarian Theologians Enigma , Goshen & Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by tidytim: 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
After the sometimes heated but interesting debates between brothers on this forum in relation to the Trinity, let us vote for either Trinity or No for no Trinity.

The bible says :

New International Version (©1984)
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

If you believe this means just one GOD vote unitaranian

If you believe this means 3-gods as one GOD vote Trinitarian

Thanks
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
tidytim: After the sometimes heated but interesting debates between brothers on this forum in relation to the Trinity, let us vote for either Trinity or No for no Trinity.

The bible says :

Thanks
UNITARIAN
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
If Unitarian means ONE GOD , that's my position.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by PastorKun(m): 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
I believe in one God the father almighty who his son came to show us the way to. I also have faith in the son who is an exact replica of the father but I believe it is simply heretic to say the son is equal to the father or the three make one God. This is simply unbiblical man made jargon.

3 Likes

Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by danwo: 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
tidytim:

After the sometimes heated but interesting debates between brothers on this forum in relation to the Trinity,

let us vote for either Trinity or No for no Trinity.

The bible says :

Thanks

What "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." means literally is "Hear, O Israel: The OWNER our God, the OWNER is one."

One God.

One God just as there is One Obadiah777. One frosbel. One Pastor Kun.

Hmm not exactly One Obadiah777 or One Pastor Kun. There could be another metamorphosis smiley

Maybe One Buzugee. One KunleOshob though.

The Lord thy God is one and that God is a Spirit

God is infinite. It is demeaning boxing God up

Frosbel the son

Frosbel the father

Frosbel the husband

Frosbel the CEO

Frosbel the Nairaland poster

Frosbel the uncle

Frosbel the IT guru

Frosbel the etcetera

Frosbel the <any other personality of his I am yet to know or be familiar with . . .>

Frosbel - Same person, but different display or occurrence of distinctive characters at particular or certain instances or period of his life

In this case the display or occurrences could be a combination operating at the same time or period

Adam knew God as God, Abraham knew God as Friend, Peter knew God as the Son, we know God as Father.

Unlike man, nothing is impossible for God,

It is not unimaginable that God can be in two places (i.e. more than one place) at the same time.

God could be in heaven and also be on earth at the same time (i.e. God the Father & God the Son) albeit within reasons and/or purpose.

The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

PS: Where is the Poll
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by CrazyMan(m): 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2012
danwo: What "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." means literally is "Hear, O Israel: The OWNER our God, the OWNER is one."

One God.

Hmm not exactly One Obadiah777 or One Pastor Kun. There could be another metamorphosis smiley

Frosbel the son

Frosbel the father

Frosbel the husband

Frosbel the CEO

Frosbel the uncle

Frosbel the IT guru

Frosbel the etcetera

Frosbel the <any other personality of his I am yet to know or be familiar with . . .>

Frosbel - Same person, but different display or occurrence of distinctive characters at particular or certain instances or period of his life

In this case the display or occurrences could be a combination operating at the same time or period

Adam knew God as God, Abraham knew God as Friend, Peter knew God as the Son, we know God as Father.

It is not unimaginable that God can be in two places (i.e. more than one place) at the same time.

God could be in heaven and also be on earth at the same time (i.e. God the Father & God the Son) albeit within reasons and/or purpose.

My goodness you must be another comedian in the house grin
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by tidytim: 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
obadiah777: So your position is God is 3 in 1 ? trinity. and may i add there is two of me. one is dormant the other is active, on Nairaland that is grin grin

perfect !
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
danwo:

What "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." means literally is "Hear, O Israel: The OWNER our God, the OWNER is one."

One God.

Frosbel the son

Frosbel the father

Frosbel the husband

Frosbel the CEO

Frosbel the uncle

Frosbel the IT guru

Frosbel the etcetera

So your position is God is 3 in 1 ? trinity. and may i add there is two of me. one is dormant the other is active, on Nairaland that is grin grin
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by tidytim: 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
danwo:

Not sure how to add polls with this new design.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by CrazyMan(m): 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2012
tidytim: Not sure how to add polls with this new design.
You won't be able to...they have been remove till further notice...we will just have to improvise.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2012
LoJ:

The simple fact that it is reminded that he is one, proves that there are many entities in the Divinity. When someone is unique, you don't need to remind that. BUT WHEN YOU WANT PEOPLE TO REALISE THAT DESPISE THE COMPLEXITY OF THE NATURE OF SOMEONE, HE IS ONE, THEN YOU SAYS THIS.

Now, my turn:

"In the beginning Elohim (literally "the Gods"wink created the heavens and the earth" Genesis 1:1

"Then God said, “Let us make mankind in OUR image, in OUR likeness" Genesis 1:26

If you believe this means there was only one entity creating vote Unitarian
If you believe there was more than one entity creating, vote Non unitarian.

Not so fast , it says 'Let us ' , but it does not say who the US are, you are presuming and assuming that this means the trinity. This is false.

Can you help me explain this verse :

Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. - 1 Corinthians 11:3

2 Likes

Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by ijawkid(m): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
Full time unitarian....

Yahweh Father and God of all(including Jesus)....

2 Likes

Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by danwo: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
CrazyMan:

My goodness you must be another comedian in the house grin

obadiah777:

So your position is God is 3 in 1? trinity.

and may i add there is two of me. one is dormant the other is active, on Nairaland that is grin grin

tidytim:

Not sure how to add polls with this new design.

@CrazyMan

I leave that part of fun for my brother obadiah777

@tidytim

Sorry, the poll had done a runner or is AWOL.

On a serious note Seun had the poll feature disabled or not active after the recent site revamp done.

"Poll mode -
This selects whether polls are enabled or not.
If polls are disabled, any existing polls will be hidden from the topic listing.
You can choose to continue to show the regular topic without their polls by selecting "Show Existing Polls as Topics".
To choose who can post polls, view polls, and similar abilities, you can change the permissions for those membergroups.
If polls are not working on your forum, check to see if they are enabled.
"
- http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Features_and_Options

Maybe a case of not enough regression testing to catch this?

Thought it would have been fixed by now

Maybe the moderators can assist getting Seun's attention to it.

@obadiah777

You think "there is two of you me. one is dormant the other is active"

Wrong. You are one. One person. One person displaying different characters.

Occasionally against the grain, when going through heat or under pressure you at times go metamorphic, birthing obadiah777 for example.

You are one seed my friend. One seed with a forest of many trees in you, the one seed.

You don't know how many of you is in you.

Only God knows that. Only He knows the count.

Don't shovel "So your position is God is 3 in 1? Trinity" in my mouth.

Don't label me with "So your position is God is 3 in 1? Trinity"

That would be an injustice just as boxing up God in 3 persons is

What barefaced audacity, how much of God do we really know

Do we know God in the totality to conclude God is 3 persons

God is persons. One God with characters. The Father, The Son are examples of His personalities

It is short changing boxing up God or labeling Him with trinity

PS: means infinite or infinity

When did God become God the Father? (i.e. at what point or time)

Was God, God the Father in Eden?

The Father was already in God. The Son was already in God. God is a Spirit.

These personalities of God were revealed and only manifested at the appropriate time or period.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
A poll is not necessary. It will only enlargen our differences. I suggest you rephrase your question.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by aletheia(m): 11:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
And what exactly would be the point of this poll? The doctrine of Jesus is not subject to a popularity contest.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
aletheia: And what exactly would be the point of this poll? The doctrine of Jesus is not subject to a popularity contest.

The Trinity is not a doctrine of Jesus but a doctrine with a Pagan origin.

1 Like

Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by aletheia(m): 11:41pm On Sep 21, 2012
frosbel:
The Trinity is not a doctrine of Jesus but a doctrine with a Pagan origin.
The word "Trinity" does not occur anywhere in the bible. And I doubt you will find the word used in any Christian creed, so stop putting words in my mouth; I said "the doctrine of Jesus".
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Rich4god(m): 2:20am On Sep 22, 2012
May the Grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Love of God and the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us both now and forever more...
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2012
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by ijawkid(m): 10:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
LoJ:

Yes the head of CHRIST is GOD, just as the head of my body... is my head.

=> I observed that you only choosed one of the two verses I posted. What about the other one?

Don't forget that the head of Christ is man....

If u ever welcome d thought of Jesus being eaual to the Father then u'll have to agree we(men) are equal to Jesus.....

That verse describes a chain of headship or a headship arrangement....

Yahweh---Jesus---man----wife........

If u apply the law of equality to Yahweh and Jesus ,be ready to apply that same law to Jesus and man....

Thank u!!!!!
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 23, 2012
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 23, 2012
frosbel:

Not so fast , it says 'Let us ' , but it does not say who the US are, you are presuming and assuming that this means the trinity. This is false.

Can you help me explain this verse :

It doesn't? What does this verse mean then?

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him" Genesis 1:27

1 Like

Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 23, 2012
Ihedinobi:

It doesn't? What does this verse mean then?

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him" Genesis 1:27

His and Him are singular words not plural.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2012
frosbel:

His and Him are singular words not plural.

I believe LoJ already cleared that up, didn't he?

Regardless, you were implying that we weren't told who the "us" are in whose image man was created, weren't you? Well, that verse told us without mincing words that it was God in Whose Image man was created.

So the question arises: "Is God an "us" or is God only one part of the image in which man was created?"

Do you have an answer to that? That is, beyond telling us that the translation was wrong. That's an old excuse nowadays.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I believe LoJ already cleared that up, didn't he?

Regardless, you were implying that we weren't told who the "us" are in whose image man was created, weren't you? Well, that verse told us without mincing words that it was God in Whose Image man was created.

So the question arises: "Is God an "us" or is God only one part of the image in which man was created?"

Do you have an answer to that? That is, beyond telling us that the translation was wrong. That's an old excuse nowadays.

You may want to refer to this Source or the Jewish Encyclopedia to understand better the use of 'us' in this particular verse.

But be aware that Elohim can be singular or plural, where plural is for gods and singular for GOD.

Finally , it is very certain that the words HE and HIS depict without question a singular person and cannot by any twist of the imagination be made to mean a plural of persons.

God made man in HIS image, in HIS image made him.

Kindly refer to an excerpt from the Jewish Encyclopaedia about this matter.

One "Reshut."
Pains are taken to refute the arguments based on the grammatical plurals employed in Biblical texts when referring to God. "Elohim" does not designate a plurality of deities. The very context shows this, as the verbs in the predicate are in the singular. The phrase "Let us make man in our image" (Gen. i. 26) is proved by the subsequent statement, "so God created man in his own image" (ib. verse 27), to refer to one God only (Yer. Ber. ix.; Gen. R. viii., xix.). Nor, according to R. Gamaliel, is the use of both "bara" and "yaẓar," to connote God's creative action, evidence of the existence of two distinct divine powers (Gen. R. i.). The reason why in the beginning one man only was fashioned was to disprove the contention of those that believe in more than one personality in God (Sanh. 38a). God had neither associate nor helper (Sanh. 38b ; Yer.Shab. vi. 8d ; Eccl. R. iv. 8 ). The ever-recurrent principle throughout haggadic theological speculations is that there is only one "Reshut" ( "Reshut aḥat hu" = "personality" ).
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nairastake: 10:58am On Sep 23, 2012
John 10:30 For I and my Father are one.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was
With God
, and the word was God.
Question: Who is the word that was with God that was God that
Was also in the beginning?
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Thus in Gen 1:26 And God said, let Us make man in our own image...
John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by Him,
and the world knew Him not.

PS: Before replying, read John 1 to end for more clearity.
Thanks.
I believe in Trinity.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2012
frosbel:

You may want to refer to this Source or the Jewish Encyclopedia to understand better the use of 'us' in this particular verse.

But be aware that Elohim can be singular or plural, where plural is for gods and singular for GOD.

Finally , it is very certain that the words HE and HIS depict without question a singular person and cannot by any twist of the imagination be made to mean a plural of persons.

God made man in HIS image, in HIS image made him.

Kindly refer to an excerpt from the Jewish Encyclopaedia about this matter.

Frosbel, did you or did you not say that the Bible did not clarify the "us" in "let us make man in our own image"? Have I or have I not shown that the Bible did indeed make abundantly clear who "us" is? If you do not agree that I have not, can you show why? That is, without retranslating the Scriptures as you are wont to do, if you can abide the restraint.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Frosbel, did you or did you not say that the Bible did not clarify the "us" in "let us make man in our own image"? Have I or have I not shown that the Bible did indeed make abundantly clear who "us" is? If you do not agree that I have not, can you show why? That is, without retranslating the Scriptures as you are wont to do, if you can abide the restraint.

Sorry you are confusing yourself.

You have made nothing abundantly clear grin and I mean absolutely nothing.

I doubt if your took the time to peruse those references I posted.

Do not rely on the logic of others to seek and find knowledge, independently research for yourself.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 23, 2012
frosbel:

Sorry you are confusing yourself.

You have made nothing abundantly clear grin and I mean absolutely nothing.

I doubt if your took the time to peruse those references I posted.

Do not rely on the logic of others to seek and find knowledge, independently research for yourself.

What does it matter whether I perused the references or not? In fact, I did just for the hell of it. I didn't need to nor was I obliged to because your provision of the citations was a ruse to avoid admitting your insolent ignorance toward the Bible. I did say that all you want is to pit Scriptures against themselves and rewrite them. That's the pride of Lucifer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE / Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn / If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.