Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,424 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:43 AM

Grieve Not The Holy Spirit - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grieve Not The Holy Spirit (12438 Views)

Grieve Not The Holy Spirit. (short Notes On Eph 4:30) / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me / Grieve Not The Holy Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by Originalsly: 9:10am On Apr 16, 2017
Boboye4slim:
its not blasphemy the bible explained how the holy spirit feels taught us not to grieve it
Fine... but you are judging the holy spirit by saying the holy spirit is grieving.... did the Bible tell you the comment I made would grieve the holy spirit?... or did the holy spirit tell you to tell me?
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by seun1960(m): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2017
That's why I like din man....

Daddy take dis as your easter gift

Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 16, 2017
Boboye4slim:

you're grieving the holy spirit
what the hell! are you talking about? could you please explain further?
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 16, 2017
Another one, Another mind control drug, Another nonsense grin

kpakpandoN

1 Like

Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by eodavids(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2017
MsFaith:
Happy Easter people. and Happy Birthday to myself.

HBD, wishing you many more fruitful years ahead!

1 Like

Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by bid4rich(m): 10:00am On Apr 16, 2017
ifenes:
It is a pity mr adeboye actually thinks Jesus died for him.

And it is more pitiful to think you exist all by yourself. He (Adeboye) believed Jesus died for him, that's his believe. You believe Jesus did not die for you, that's your believe. What then is your business with his believe? Hold on to what you believe and let him hold on to what he believe as two of you are not going to the same place when you both die.

Face your front

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by ifenes(m): 10:03am On Apr 16, 2017
bid4rich:

And it is more pitiful to think you exist all by yourself. He (Adeboye) believed Jesus died for him, that's his believe. You believe Jesus did not die for you, that's your believe. What then is your business with his believe? Hold on to what you believe and let him hold on to what he believe as two of you are not going to the same place when you both die.

Face your front

It's sad you took a myth this serious.

1 Like

Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by bid4rich(m): 10:09am On Apr 16, 2017
ifenes:

It's sad you took a myth this serious.

If Jesus is a myth, I will prefer to live and die in it just the same way you believe in what you called originality.

but the same myth says "only fools says there is no God"

NOTE:Im not calling you a fool, just quoting part of what you call myth.
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by donmarshia(m): 10:46am On Apr 16, 2017
Jesus says he will give us a Comforter and he will never forsake us.

The Holy Spirit can be grieved, yes! But he will never leave you.
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by MsFaith: 11:27am On Apr 16, 2017
eodavids:

HBD, wishing you many more fruitful years ahead!
Thank you sir
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by MsFaith: 11:29am On Apr 16, 2017
Boboye4slim:
happy birthday. have a fulfilling one
Thank you
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by ifenes(m): 11:30am On Apr 16, 2017
bid4rich:

If Jesus is a myth, I will prefer to live and die in it just the same way you believe in what you called originality.

but the same myth says "only fools says there is no God"

NOTE:Im not calling you a fool, just quoting part of what you call myth.

How is your belief working out for you?
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by bid4rich(m): 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
ifenes:

How is your belief working out for you?

Thank you for that question.
Its working like fire. I will never trade Jesus for anything in this life. I will rather sink with Him than shine without Him.

Jesus is everything to me and my believe in Him is paying off for me now and FOREVER.

I can boldly say JESUS IS LORD. Try Him and experience peace and joy unspeakable. you will see everything turning around for your own good and lifting. He loves you too
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by Mpanyi: 1:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
Maximus85:

Let this be clear. Even if the big men of God dont understand. The Holy Spirit is not a person. Its just a spirit of God which God uses in carrying out his purposes.

God is a spirit, and God is Holy. So the Holy Spirit is part of God, not a separate being. When Jesus Christ was baptized, The Holy Spirit came in the form of a dove, and the spirit dint come on its own, God used it God's voice came along with it. Also in Pentecost 33CE, the Holy Spirit came in the form of Tongues of Fire on 120 people.

Even Jesus Christ has never divided himself in two, not to talk of 120. To show that the holy spirit is just a tool used by God, his Son. God uses the holy spirit to guide and protect us today. He uses it to correct us. So whenever anybody disobeys the holy spirit, the person has disobeyed God and that sin has no forgiveness. That is why the Bible says that there is no forgiveness for sin against the holy spirit. Have you ever heard where the bible say that the holy spirit did something on it own? or that it has a position of its own?

Yes! Jesus said he will send a comforter and what or who is the comforter? The holy spirit. and it will do what Jesus wants it to do. It will assume the the form of the sender, A He and comfort Jesus' followers.

So, the misconception here is that the holy spirit acts on its own. It doesn't. When anyone grieves the holy spirit, that person is grieving God directly because God sends the Holy Spirit.

What's the essence of you've just wrote. Why try to derail the important message there in? Mind you I am no follower of any pastor. Fact is I am a staunch catholic but I hate when we argue over somthing that is not necessary. The post is more about living a holy life than the divinity. If the post is about divinity, I may no join issues with you as I'd see it as the way you undgerstand that
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by ifenes(m): 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
bid4rich:

Thank you for that question.
Its working like fire. I will never trade Jesus for anything in this life. I will rather sink with Him than shine without Him.

Jesus is everything to me and my believe in Him is paying off for me now and FOREVER.

I can boldly say JESUS IS LORD. Try Him and experience peace and joy unspeakable. you will see everything turning around for your own good and lifting. He loves you too

Basically you claim Jesus is your lord and master. What will happen if you say he isn't you Lord and master ? Do you think that statement empowers you? Would you like to be free? I can help you.

1 Like

Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by SmartyPants(m): 2:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
ifenes:
It is a pity mr adeboye actually thinks Jesus died for him.

You must pride yourself on being what some would call a "logical thinker". So ask yourself, logically, why you felt the need to say what you said. Are you looking for attention and validation?

Why is it that deep inside you you are not content to live your live according to your belief but simply must literally go out of your way to say something that has no effect on the person you are speaking about?

Is it attention you really want? Why do you need attention so bad?
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by ifenes(m): 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
SmartyPants:

You must pride yourself on being what some would call a "logical thinker". So ask yourself, logically, why you felt the need to say what you said. Are you looking for attention and validation?

Why is it that deep inside you you are not content to live your live according to your belief but simply must literally go out of your way to say something that has no effect on the person you are speaking about?

Unfortunately I am not seeking for attention, I'm only commenting as I have a universal right to comment on whatever I feel is worth a comment. How that is your problem is what you should explain.
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by ifenes(m): 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
SmartyPants:

Unfortunately I am not seeking for attention, I'm only commenting as I have a universal right to comment on whatever I feel is worth a comment. How that is your problem is what you should explain.
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by SmartyPants(m): 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
ifenes:

1. Sure you have a right to comment on whatever you want. I am sure you cannot see any place in my comment where i asked you not to comment.

2. I just observed something interesting about you and your comment and i think you would benefit from learning more about yourself.

So now that i have explained, how about you? Care to explain your own motivation for leaving such a comment?
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by bid4rich(m): 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
ifenes:

Basically you claim Jesus is your lord and master. What will happen if you say he isn't you Lord and master ? Do you think that statement empowers you? Would you like to be free? I can help you.

That name alone gives me all sense of security I ever need. There is no other freedom elsewhere. You are either be free in Him or hooked and be enslave without Him.

Friend, there is no way you can help me on that, and I must say you are the one that need help to be free from the scale that is in your eyes.

Jesus is the way and He is alive forevermore. Hallelujah
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by michaelwilli(m): 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2017
Maximus85:

Let this be clear. Even if the big men of God dont understand. The Holy Spirit is not a person. Its just a spirit of God which God uses in carrying out his purposes.

God is a spirit, and God is Holy. So the Holy Spirit is part of God, not a separate being. When Jesus Christ was baptized, The Holy Spirit came in the form of a dove, and the spirit dint come on its own, God used it God's voice came along with it. Also in Pentecost 33CE, the Holy Spirit came in the form of Tongues of Fire on 120 people.

Even Jesus Christ has never divided himself in two, not to talk of 120. To show that the holy spirit is just a tool used by God, his Son. God uses the holy spirit to guide and protect us today. He uses it to correct us. So whenever anybody disobeys the holy spirit, the person has disobeyed God and that sin has no forgiveness. That is why the Bible says that there is no forgiveness for sin against the holy spirit. Have you ever heard where the bible say that the holy spirit did something on it own? or that it has a position of its own?

Yes! Jesus said he will send a comforter and what or who is the comforter? The holy spirit. and it will do what Jesus wants it to do. It will assume the the form of the sender, A He and comfort Jesus' followers.

So, the misconception here is that the holy spirit acts on its own. It doesn't. When anyone grieves the holy spirit, that person is grieving God directly because God sends the Holy Spirit.
Can we discuss on dis on whatsapp?
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by ifenes(m): 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
bid4rich:

That name alone gives me all sense of security I ever need. There is no other freedom elsewhere. You are either be free in Him or hooked and be enslave without Him.

Friend, there is no way you can help me on that, and I must say you are the one that need help to be free from the scale that is in your eyes.

Jesus is the way and He is alive forevermore. Hallelujah

Basically you are saying you ain't in control of your life then. You can be if you want.
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by bid4rich(m): 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2017
ifenes:

Basically you are saying you ain't in control of your life then. You can be if you want.

Yes, Jesus controls my life and I don't want to be free from Him. I chose to be his servant for life and Him my master forever and ever. smiley smiley

Jesus has made me free from your world. I have overcome.

Please join me in this liberty Jesus has given me. Jesus is the best thing that can ever happen to you and you will be forever grateful for your decision to embrace Him.

He loves you
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by Tovot: 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2017
AMEN
Mysticluv:
FTC....

May d death n resurrection power of our Lord Jesus Christ bring 2 life evry gud tin dat is dead in ur destiny, career, finance, family n Marriage in d name of Jesus Christ. As frm 2day henceforth,d glory of d Lord shal announce u 4 uncommon Miracles in all ramifications of ur life in Jesus Name- Amen!! Happy Easter 2u n ur family.
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by ifenes(m): 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
bid4rich:

Yes, Jesus controls my life and I don't want to be free from Him. I chose to be his servant for life and Him my master forever and ever. smiley smiley

Jesus has made me free from your world. I have overcome.

Please join me in this liberty Jesus has given me. Jesus is the best thing that can ever happen to you and you will be forever grateful for your decision to embrace Him.

He loves you

That's a confirmation you ain't the pilot of your life. I am in control of mine, I am a God, all knowing and all powerful. I AM THAT I AM.

2 Likes

Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by Sunrule3(m): 6:04pm On Apr 16, 2017
ifenes:

sorry brother, there is never a freedom anywhere it's either you are yoke with the master(Jesus) or you're yoke with the world (Satan). Mind you, you are a spirit being,ur spirit never die,if u die ur body will return to earth while ur spirit will go back to the source where you will be judge on how you live ur life. Then it's either eternal condemnation in hell or eternal rest in heaven .so if you think there is no life after death ,then you're the most miserable being existing.
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by ifenes(m): 6:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
Sunrule3:
sorry brother, there is never a freedom anywhere it's either you are yoke with the master(Jesus) or you're yoke with the world (Satan). Mind you, you are a spirit being,ur spirit never die,if u die ur body will return to earth while ur spirit will go back to the source where you will be judge on how you live ur life. Then it's either eternal condemnation in hell or eternal rest in heaven .so if you think there is no life after death ,then you're the most miserable being existing.

Jesus is a symbol for many things.; White oppression of slaves, the Sun and the signs of zodiac or an esoteric symbol of self. Jesus and Satan, or you may say God and Satan are the negative and positive aspects of yourself. Ancient knowledge and Advance Quanton Physics were simplified to the ancient farmers in the form of religion.

What you are saying about Jesus is equivalent to how to describe good and evil in the cartoon form of Tom and Jerry. They aint real and as you grow up,your mind grows for you to will figure out Jesus is only a symbol of yourself being able to do good and evil. If you think Jesus,Gods, Demons are real, I'm afraid your reason is still like that of a 5 year old. Hell fire isn't real too. It is only a tool to reform people.

Religion today is a trap for people to stay in the lowest dimension. You think there is hell right? That's imature.
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by Maximus85(m): 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2017
Mpanyi:

What's the essence of you've just wrote. Why try to derail the important message there in? Mind you I am no follower of any pastor. Fact is I am a staunch catholic but I hate when we argue over somthing that is not necessary. The post is more about living a holy life than the divinity. If the post is about divinity, I may no join issues with you as I'd see it as the way you undgerstand that

Am I surprised you didn't understand anything about what I wrote? NO! You worship another human like you. A woman for that matter. Or who do you bow to?
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by bid4rich(m): 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2017
ifenes:

That's a confirmation you ain't the pilot of your life. I am in control of mine, I am a God, all knowing and all powerful. I AM THAT I AM.

Define God and as well as god, then I will tell you who you are
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by bid4rich(m): 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
ifenes:

A simple question will do.
1. Define God
2. Define god

then

i will tell you where you belong
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by Abillsable: 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
Maximus85:

You are ignorant of the truth.Are you a Jehovah Witness of GKS or other breakaways?
Re: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit by ifenes(m): 10:22pm On Apr 16, 2017
bid4rich:

A simple question will do.
1. Define God
2. Define god

then

i will tell you where you belong

God is a way of explaining Energy features to an uneducated person or a kid. God is the Energy that created us, works through us and is US. It is basically our Univers, Milky Way, Galaxies, dimension, mountains, you and I. The Energy is us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

226 Comments On A Topic By People Asking Me To Join Illuminati / End-time Bible Teaching: 50 SIGNS Of RAPTURE/ END-TIME / I Will Never Be Ungrateful To You Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.