Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? (1353 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by mohemos: 10:40am On Apr 16, 2017
I was wondering what made satan to temp Jesus knowing well that he was God, i.e. Why would he conceive it to tempt someone far greater than himself, the person that had already judged him or was it unknown to him that Jesus was also God?
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by kilo4sure: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2017
mohemos:
I was wondering what made satan to temp Jesus knowing well that he was God, i.e. Why would he conceive it to tempt someone far greater than himself, the person that had already judged him or was it unknown to him that Jesus was also God?
The book of Hebrews already explained that he was made to be like us completely, feeling our pain and sharing in our humanity, this could only mean he was capable of being swayed to sin but overcame. So even if the Devil knew he was God, the devil could also see he was now susceptible to the flaws and weakness humanity offers Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by mohemos: 11:00am On Apr 16, 2017
kilo4sure:

The book of Hebrews already explained that he was made to be like us completely, feeling our pain and sharing in our humanity, this could only mean he was capable of being swayed to sin but overcame. So even if the Devil knew he was God, the devil could also see he was now susceptible to the flaws and weakness humanity offers Shikena.

Thank you so much, but being human didn't erase the knowledge he had as God, i.e. all the knowledge and experiences he had when he was in heaven even when on earth was still with him.
In a nutshell, that Jesus was made to become a human didn't take away the knowledge and power that made him God.
If am getting anything wrong please do correct me.
Thanks!
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by kilo4sure: 11:03am On Apr 16, 2017
mohemos:

Thank you so much, but being human didn't erase the knowledge he had as God, i.e. all the knowledge and experiences he had when he was in heaven even when on earth was still with him.
In a nutshell, that Jesus was made to become a human didn't take away the knowledge and power that made him God.
Thanks!
So are you saying you believe even as a baby in a manger, jesus had all knowledge? If so, then why did he grow in wisdom and power as enumerated in the book of Luke?
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by mohemos: 11:22am On Apr 16, 2017
kilo4sure:

So are you saying you believe even as a baby in a manger, jesus had all knowledge? If so, then why did he grow in wisdom and power as enumerated in the book of Luke?
You're correct, but one thing we know is that he had no teacher, nobody was recorded that taught Jesus all he knew when on earth and he wasn't tempted as a baby he was tempted when he was ready to start executing his mission on earth. that is, his brain was developed enough to consume his Godly experiences and knowledge, My thoughts
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by zionmade1: 11:24am On Apr 16, 2017
mohemos:

Thanks!
Devil knew exactly who Jesus was.
But Jesus wen he walked on d earth had his own choices to make dat was why devil tried to influence those choices.
Everything choice Jesus made was a choice a human could make in obedience to God.
Dat is wat d person u quoted tried to explain
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by kilo4sure: 11:31am On Apr 16, 2017
mohemos:

You're correct, but one thing we know is that he had no teacher, nobody was recorded that taught Jesus all he knew when on earth and he wasn't tempted as a baby he was tempted when he was ready to start executing his mission on earth. that is, his brain was developed enough to consume his Godly experiences and knowledge, My thoughts
Even so, those Godly experiences would be filtered through a human mind. Haven't you ever wondered why Jesus would still need Holy spirit before doing anything worth recording?
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by mohemos: 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
Thank you all for your clarifications!
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by leofab(f): 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
kilo4sure:

the guy wasn't a god and can not be a god.. he is just a good messenger and advocate of love and peace.
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by kilo4sure: 1:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=leofab post=55616026]the guy wasn't a god and can not be a god.. he is just a good messenger and advocate of love and peace.[/quote)
What is a god?
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by kilo4sure: 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
leofab:
the guy wasn't a god and can not be a god.. he is just a good messenger and advocate of love and peace.
What is a god?
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by leofab(f): 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2017
kilo4sure:

What is a god?
a god is an immortal being.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by kilo4sure: 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2017
leofab:
Have you seen any immortal being? I guess no. The only one of God from heaven he has revealed the immortal.
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by falcon01: 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
whats cooking here
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by falcon01: 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2017
kilo4sure:

who made him like us?? how many Gods do Christians have??
am confused
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by mohemos: 1:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
falcon01:
am confused
God The father
God The Son
God The Holy Spirit
(The Holy Trinity)
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by falcon01: 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
mohemos:

God The father
God The Son
God The Holy Spirit
(The Holy Trinity)
so God the father turned God the son into human human form??
then who is God the holy spirit??
i need more explanation pls
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by mohemos: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
falcon01:
so God the father turned God the son into human human form??
then who is God the holy spirit??
i need more explanation pls

And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
John 14:16‭-‬17 NKJV
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by falcon01: 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
mohemos:

And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
John 14:16‭-‬17 NKJV
don't understand what you quote here?
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by leofab(f): 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
kilo4sure:

Have you seen any immortal being? I guess no. The only one of God from heaven he has revealed the immortal.
what are you saying ? Gods are immortal; so if your lord isn't immortal then it's not god. But a carnal man who was crucify for Lying and decieving the gullible followers like Rev. Kings.

1 Like

Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by sonmvayina(m): 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
leofab:

So many beings fit this discription...Ogun, Sango..etc
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
mohemos:

Thanks!

You are making a lot of sense but remember he was rude to God himself the father of the Lord.
So if he could think foolishly to attain Gods position which he should have known in his senses that it is impossible then who else wont he want to be rude to or tempt.

I dont know if u got me.

Greed and pride wont allow him to reason wisely. .
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
leofab:
what are you saying ? Gods are immortal; so if your lord isn't immortal then it's not god. But a carnal man who was crucify for Lying and decieving the gullible followers like Rev. Kings.

When you want to give examples of men of God u ppl wont look for genuine men of God with no scandal.
why must you be so full of hate
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
falcon01:
am confused

Falcon you need to fly away from your confusion or have you broken your wings

Not every thread needs comment.
Some are to be jumped and passed
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by leofab(f): 8:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
davtosh:

When you want to give examples of men of God u ppl wont look for genuine men of God with no scandal.
why must you be so full of hate
why was Jesus executed ? Because he has scandals.. so my comparison is worth it..

Note: remember the caliber of people that was crucified with him; birds of a feather flock together..
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
leofab:
why was Jesus executed ? Because he has scandals.. so my comparison is worth it..

Note: remember the caliber of people that was crucified with him; birds of a feather flock together..

Oh I see

sorry O

Your statement has revealed your type
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by crystalclear93(f): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
leofab:

Smh cry if that's what you could understand from his crucifixion that's too bad
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by leofab(f): 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
davtosh:

Oh I see

sorry O

Your statement has revealed your type

what type ? What the difference between him and Rev. Kings? Don't dare quote the Bible for me.. talk to me with facts !!.
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by leofab(f): 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
crystalclear93:

Smh cry if that's what you could understand from his crucifixion that's too bad
what is there to understand ? That he claimed what he cannot do and committed treason and was prosecuted and killed and his followers stole his body at night and lied that he rose.. if he actually rose who didn't he appear to the whole city? Rather he only appeared to the disciples and flew to heaven his earthly body..

Fairy tale.. abeg matrix and Merlin is more intriguing joor..
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by obinna58(m): 3:08am On Apr 17, 2017
I even heard Satan told Jesus to turn stone to bread, and willing to reward Jesus if he jumped down from mountain

grin grin
Poor jesus
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by greenmonk: 3:19am On Apr 17, 2017
mohemos:

If he had no teacher what was he doing in Egypt.
If he was GOD why did he cry "my father my Father why have you forsaken my me"?.
If he was God why did he say "I and my rather are one?"
Believing in God should not he equal to stupidity.
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by joyandfaith: 7:30am On Apr 17, 2017
Jesus is not Almighty God, the Creator of universe. For instance, Jesus’ opposers accused him of making himself equal to God. ( John 5:18; 10:30-33 ) However, Jesus never claimed to be on the same level as Almighty God. He said: “The Father is greater than I am.”— John 14:28 .
Jesus’ early followers did not view him as being equal to Almighty God. For example, the apostle Paul wrote that after Jesus was resurrected, God “exalted him [Jesus] to a superior position.” Obviously, Paul did not believe that Jesus was Almighty God. Otherwise, how could God exalt Jesus to a superior position? —Philippians 2:9 .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed! Why Rev. Father Edet Resigned From The Catholic Church / Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! / Raw Unrefined Honey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.