Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before (17643 Views)

Pastor Obinim Flogs His Church Members For Having Sex Before Marriage / Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
Words can't tell how angry I am right now for haven believed in God , I'm mad at myself for believing a lie for almost two decades till this year.
Right now I want a sane environment! I'm fvcking looking for the slightest chance to tell my parents who Clinton is. I'm a teen and that's going to be hard because they have become more religious recently.
I'm getting mad! No one to share my feelings with! I'm hiding it!
I don't want to die with depression and loneliness! I need a sane place!
To all those evangelists out there TFU!

6 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
You are welcome to vent here, enjoy the anonymity the internet provides wink

6 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by damogul: 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:
Words can't tell how angry I am right now for haven believed in God , I'm mad at myself for believing a lie for almost two decades till this year.
Right now I want a sane environment! I'm fvcking looking for the slightest chance to tell my parents who Clinton is. I'm a teen and that's going to be hard because they have become more religious recently.

So you are a Teen and you are angry and your anger is at who?

1. Your parents?

2. Your parents for becoming more religious lately

3. For believing in God for almost 2 decades

You only have one diagnosis and that is emotional tantrum and chronic depression. Atheism tends to lead one to loneliness and depression and isnt the fault of your parents, neither is it Gods fault.

Its a choice you made. You chose loneliness and depression when you chose Atheism so be a man, suck it up and enjoy or endure it. You cannot keep painting a wall with black paint and expect it to become a white wall. You choose what you become so get with the program.

Or

You can be like your Parents and enjoy warmth and affection and communion as a family thereby eschewing depression. Ultimately the choice is yours. If you wish to be angry at God for another 200yrs how would that affect God? Can you punch Him? Can you spit on Him? Can you shoot Him?

He is way beyond your reach and you would only end up hurting yourself and become suicidal. I could be your friend if you like. Even though i know you dread and detest me but i am still open to being your friend.

Surrounding yourself with so much anger and bile isnt even medically advisable and is spiritually destructive. What do you say?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by honourhim: 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

You are really insane as you said. I hope you recover.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by olagbemi118(m): 7:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:
hear the words of a fool. It is only a fool that says there is no God. There is no God but there is devil abi? Mumu.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by hopefulLandlord: 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
olagbemi118:
There is no God but there is devil abi? Mumu.
There's no Harry Potter but there's Voldemort abi?

5 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by felixomor: 7:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
No wonder, so you are a teen?

No wonder the behavior you demonstrated the other day.
Even explaining things to you, will be a little difficult sef.

Eiya.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

So you are a Teen and you are angry and your anger is at who?

1. Your parents?

2. Your parents for becoming more religious lately

3. For believing in God for almost 2 decades

You only have one diagnosis and that is emotional tantrum and chronic depression. Atheism tends to lead one to loneliness and depression and isnt the fault of your parents, neither is it Gods fault.

Its a choice you made. You chose loneliness and depression when you chose Atheism so be a man, suck it up and enjoy or endure it. You cannot keep painting a wall with black paint and expect it to become a white wall. You choose what you become so get with the program.

Or

You can be like your Parents and enjoy warmth and affection and communion as a family thereby eschewing depression. Ultimately the choice is yours. If you wish to be angry at God for another 200yrs how would that affect God? Can you punch Him? Can you spit on Him? Can you shoot Him?

He is way beyond your reach and you would only end up hurting yourself and become suicidal. I could be your friend if you like. Even though i know you dread and detest me but i am still open to being your friend.

Surrounding yourself with so much anger and bile isnt even medically advisable and is spiritually destructive. What do you say?

I just need to be in a sane environment, I dnt dread or detest you. I'm angry at myself, true am lonely. But atheism didn't cause that.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
felixomor:

Eiya.
Which day?
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by damogul: 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

I just need to be in a sane environment, I dnt dread or detest you. I'm angry at myself, true am lonely. But atheism didn't cause that.

I deliberately put "dread" there as i knew that would get your attention and it did smiley smiley

Listen...We create our world and unmake them. You cannot have a sane environment without first wanting to be sane yourself. Its like taking a wild animal into an organized house and setting it free...You can imagine the chaos..However when you make a conscious effort to first train and condition the animal to the environment then it would help keep it sane.

You need to first organise yourself internally which was why i said what i said in my first comment. I am offering friendship. At least let me see if i can help bring some sanity into your environment. A listening ear, an idea sharer etc

Being angry at yourself is normal and you are not the first who has been but making a choice to do something about it is the crux of the matter.

Can we be friends?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
olagbemi118:
hear the words of a fool. It is only a fool that says there is no God. There is no God but there is devil abi? Mumu.
Did you see devil in my post?

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by hopefulLandlord: 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

this piqued my interest, I thought atheism was responsible for your loneliness because it's very understandable especially in Nigeria but you just said its not

care to share the cause of your loneliness?

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

Ah a teen ?

Atheism is a transitive state in individuals especially teens , so you'll get over it when you are exposed to knowledge or other worldviews when you get older . You know too little to reject the existence of God .

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by hopefulLandlord: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ah a teen ?

Atheism is a transitive state in individuals especially teens

I admire this guy's ability to spill trash with boldness

very sincere admiration

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

very sincere admiration

k

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

this piqued my interest, I thought atheism was responsible for your loneliness because it's very understandable especially in Nigeria but you just said its not

care to share the cause of your loneliness?
No one knows about me being an Atheist, the stuff is that am 24/7 7/7 30/7 alone. I hardly interact with anybody.
I don't see atheism as the cause because I have always been lonely. Atheism added it's part recently but that's not the main cause. The main cause is that no one shares the same views with me social wise and others.

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

I deliberately put "dread" there as i knew that would get your attention and it did smiley smiley

Listen...We create our world and unmake them. You cannot have a sane environment without first wanting to be sane yourself. Its like taking a wild animal into an organized house and setting it free...You can imagine the chaos..However when you make a conscious effort to first train and condition the animal to the environment then it would help keep it sane.

You need to first organise yourself internally which was why i said what i said in my first comment. I am offering friendship. At least let me see if i can help bring some sanity into your environment. A listening ear, an idea sharer etc

Being angry at yourself is normal and you are not the first who has been but making a choice to do something about it is the crux of the matter.

Can we be friends?
I tried organising myself but the environment is not sane.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by hopefulLandlord: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

No one knows about me being an Atheist, the stuff is that am 24/7 7/7 30/7 alone. I hardly interact with anybody.
I don't see atheism as the cause because I have always been lonely. Atheism added it's part recently but that's not the main cause. The main cause is that no one shares the same views with me social wise and others.

care to share your social and other views?
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

very sincere admiration
grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ah a teen ?

Atheism is a transitive state in individuals especially teens , so you'll get over it when you are exposed to knowledge or other worldviews when you get older . You know too little to reject the existence of God .
Deep down you know it's all fake
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by jonbellion(m): 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
Aaaaah those teenage years
Lol
I started questioning my beliefs at 17
I told my parents I was an athiest
They were shocked anyway but that didn't make then withdraw from me or anything
They always say they pray for me and all that religpud stuff
I'm in my mid twenties now
You should open up to your parents
You don't have to be lonely shoo
my religious friends know my views towards religion
Same with my parents(I think they didn't take it so bad cuz I was doing well in school)
Hope your grades are cool
Even if you don't want to tell your parents yet I'm sure you have close friends you can share with
You don't have to be lonely
Atheism or Agnostism shouldn't make you lonely

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

Deep down you know it's all fake

grin grin

I don't respond to feelings , I really don't know what it means to reach conclusions based on feelings as an INTP - this is my personality type .

I reach conclusions based on logic and rational observation .

Saying "deep down" means based on feelings which apparently I can't relate to .

So through logic and rational observation , God exists .
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by felixomor: 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

Which day?

CeoMYN:

You should have mentioned them but I knew where you were arriving to.

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by jonbellion(m): 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin

I don't respond to feelings , I really don't know what it means to reach conclusions based on feelings as an INTP - this is my personality type .

I reach conclusions based on logic and rational observation .

Saying "deep down" means based on feelings which apparently I can't relate to .

So through logic and rational observation , God exists .
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by damogul: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

I tried organising myself but the environment is not sane.

Listen kid it would be too easy to ask you to unburden your heart or to ask you to share what your views are that people do not share with you ....but that would not be the solution. Just listening to you without fixing the deeper problem would not make the surface problem go away. So i will not ask you to tell me what the real issues are here but would rather opt to make it a bit more personal....yeah thats how nice i can be.

Can we take this out of this place? I have an identity i never hide as i see no reason for that so do not pretend. I would understand if you refused to take this talk out of this place but hey what have you got to loose?

This thread has got 68 views already and of these 68 people who have viewed i seem to be the only one genuinely offering transparent friendship and help.

Wanna give it a shot?
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by hopefulLandlord: 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
jonbellion:
Aaaaah those teenage years
Lol
I started questioning my beliefs at 17
I told my parents I was an athiest
They were shocked anyway but that didn't make then withdraw from me or anything
They always say they pray for me and all that religpud stuff
I'm in my mid twenties now
You should open up to your parents
You don't have to be lonely shoo
My patents and my religious friends know my views towards religion

I disagree with this

when it comes to coming out as an atheist, there's no glove-fits-all

some parents can be CRAZY!! (I'm not implying CeoMYN's parents are crazy) some parents are so extremely religious that you dare not imply you've chosen atheism even if you have good grades or whatnot

some parents even kill or stop supporting you (financially etc) if you dare tell them you're an atheist

2 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
jonbellion:
-

I don't understand why you think your opinion would somehow change reality grin grin
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by skeendyke: 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
What lies? Get this fact, God will always reveal Himself and make Himself real to that person who is truly and sincerely searching for Him but He will always remain hidden to the science researchers of His existence, to those who never take a step to draw nearer to Him, to those who were and are never sincere in seeking Him, to those who have made up their minds that He does not exist, to the impatient who think God will reveal Himself at their command. You definitely fall under one of these categories of people.

You say you have believed a lie for almost two decades. Well, if there ever was a lie so evil then it is the one which you've bought into that God does not exist.

*exits thread*
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by jonbellion(m): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I disagree with this

when it comes to coming out as an atheist, there's no glove-fits-all

some parents can be CRAZY!! (I'm not implying CeoMYN's parents are crazy) some parents are so extremely religious that you dare not imply you've chosen atheism even if you have good grades or whatnot

some parents even kill or stop supporting you (financially etc) if you dare tell them you're an atheist
well that is true
It really depends on the parent though
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by hopefulLandlord: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
skeendyke:
What lies? Get this fact, God will always reveal Himself and make Himself real to that person who is truly and sincerely searching for Him but He will always remain hidden to the science researchers of His existence, to those who never take a step to draw nearer to Him, to those who were and are never sincere in seeking Him, to those who have made up their minds that He does not exist, to the impatient who think God will reveal Himself at their command. You definitely fall under one of these categories of people.

I fully agree with this bro

The Flying Spaghetti Monster will always remain hidden to doubters and people who don't draw nearer to him

FSM be praised

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by urahara(m): 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
felixomor:

Eiya.

As oga hard mirror explained in the pastor to atheist thread, the common tactics used by xtians when faced with non believers is to condescend to them., to make them feel like they no nothing about life.

A very common psychological tactic

4 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

care to share your social views?
The real thing is that my environment, my town is insane.
Not only socially.
I don't really know how to put them, I just got contrasting views with people. They are still in the old ways.
My head isn't clear right now.
The main thing I stand for is doing the right thing but the orientation is bad in this part of the country.
Let me just give you examples of those contrasting views.
1. Cultists were killing people freely in my town. Everyone was like the government should grant them amnesty, but I wanted the army to crush them so that those boys will stop carrying their shoulders high.
2. I believe in the military way of doing the right thing. Making sure it's done even by force but here they don't care if you are behaving bad until it affects them.
3. My town is filled with people who have been bought by the lies of the our stupid reps, but I wish they could gain sense.

All these I'm afraid to tell because I fear for my life. It's point and kill over here.

4. I'm wish we can work together and make our town a better place but everyone is selfish.

Atheism just made it worse, you know why?
It's because of my parents they are strict and very religious of lately, my elder bro and sis too. They are going to change their views about me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How To Overcome Sexual Immoralities On Campus / I Lost Two Kids In One Day While Saving My Wife –rev. Uma Ukpai / Bishop Seun Adeoye: Buhari’s Reelection Will Bring More Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.