Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,207 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:06 PM

Do We Really Need A Government? Consider Citizen Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do We Really Need A Government? Consider Citizen Government (327 Views)

How Does One Get A Government Appointment? / Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. / Is this a Government Or A Mistake? - BBC News rubbishes Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do We Really Need A Government? Consider Citizen Government by Sebastine1994(m): 6:07pm On Apr 16, 2017
I am tired of talking endlessly about the problem of this country. I feel powerless. It makes my blood boil when I am helpless. The government have said it several times that we should not depend on the government. The government main function is to protect the citizens, provide for the citizens. In all these the government has failed us. It has failed monumentally in this task.
It is time the citizens take up the responsibility for them self. Together we are stronger than the government. We can change things. Our own future is in our hands. We should demand accountability from the government. We should collectively speak with one voice.

I am not suggesting we go out and protest in mass. NO! What I am suggesting is a citizen union. Imagine drivers have a union to push their interest, okada riders have their union, even the wheelbarrow boys have their union. Everybody has their union. BUT we the people have no union to push forward our interest and demand accountability from our government.
See if we have a union where every citizens can contribute 100 every week. That is enough war chest to go against the government. It is money the government use to intimidate us. Minus the support of the people and they would be nothing. Start your own regiment of citizens Corp to defend and protect. All these we can do if we unite. Boycott any company transacting business with politician branded enemies of the people. Their property should be destroyed. That is people power.
Protesting is a weapon of beggar We are not begging. We are demanding our right. What ever happens to nigeria today is your fault. Uniting your fellow citizens to organise civil disobedience is normal and easy. I would start the one million man project. I want to unite my people. These politician are benefiting from our disunity.
Re: Do We Really Need A Government? Consider Citizen Government by Sebastine1994(m): 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
When government fear the citizens, there is true democracy. BUT when the citizens fear the government that is tyranny.
An ideal government is one whose presence is not felt..
I believe that in future the idea of a government will be the thing of the past. There will be a citizen government. Because of advancement in technology, we would be able to vote on issues that disturb us as a people. It will be a participatory democracy. Representative democracy is too expensive.

(1) (Reply)

PDP: How Nigeria May End Up A One Party State In 2019 / 2019: Stakeholders Pass Vote Of Confidence On INEC / Northern Group Advises Buhari To Leave Jonathan Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.