Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? (680 Views)

DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? / There Will Be No Rapture And Jesus Is Not Coming Back! -former Pastor Dr Ray (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by TheBlessedMAN: 11:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
WHO IS GOD? And WHO IS JESUS?

Are they the same as in 2 in 1? Or two different set of people?

Some will say Jesus is God and back it up with John 1 verse 1.

While some will argue that Jesus is the son of God and back it up with verses like John 1 v 41, matthew 16 v 16, colossians 1 v 15.

Now lets hear it from you, Who is Jesus and God?

Cc:obinoscopy, lalasticlala, naijaboy, mynd44, ishilove, tonyebarcanista.

2 Likes

Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by thorpido(m): 11:30pm On Apr 16, 2017
Jesus is the Spirit of God.The Spirit of God is God.
Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by TheBlessedMAN: 11:40pm On Apr 16, 2017
thorpido:
Jesus is the Spirit of God.The Spirit of God is God.
ur statement, is too complicated. Please explain in simpler terms
Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by TheBlessedMAN: 6:56am On Apr 17, 2017
:X
Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by oaroloye(m): 7:02am On Apr 17, 2017
This is a foolish question!

DID HE TELL YOU that they were the same?

. LUKE 10:17-37.

17. And the seventy
returned again with joy,
saying,

"Lord, even the Devils
are subject unto us
through thy Name."
18. And he said unto them,
"I beheld Satan as lightning
fall from Heaven.
19. "Behold, I give unto you
Power to tread
on Serpents and Scorpions, and over all
The Power of the Enemy:
and Nothing
shall by Any Means
hurt you.
20. "Notwithstanding in this
rejoice not,
that the spirits
are subject unto you;
but rather rejoice,
because your Names
are written in Heaven."

21. In that hour
Jesus rejoiced in spirit,
and said,

"I thank thee,
O Father,
Lord of Heaven and Earth,
that Thou hast hid
these Things
from the Wise and Prudent,
and hast revealed them
unto Babes:
even so, Father;
for so it seemed Good
in Thy Sight.
22. "All Things
are delivered to me
of my Father:
and no man knoweth
who The Son is,
but The Father;
and who The Father is,
but The Son,
and he to whom
The Son will reveal Him."

23. And he turned him
unto his Disciples,
and said privately,

"Blessed are the eyes
which see the Things
that ye see:
24. "For I tell you,

'THAT MANY PROPHETS AND KINGS
HAVE DESIRED TO SEE
THOSE THINGS WHICH YE SEE,
AND HAVE NOT SEEN THEM;
AND TO HEAR THOSE THINGS
WHICH YE HEAR,
AND HAVE NOT HEARD THEM.' "

25. And, behold, a certain lawyer
stood up,
and tempted him,
saying,
"Master, what shall I do
to inherit Eternal Life?"

26. He said unto him,

"What is written in The Law?
How readest thou?"

27. And he answering said,

" 'THOU SHALT LOVE
THE LORD THY GOD
WITH ALL THY HEART,
AND WITH ALL THY SOUL,
AND WITH ALL THY STRENGTH,
AND WITH ALL THY MIND;
AND THY NEIGHBOUR
AS THYSELF.' "

28. And he said unto him,

"Thou hast answered right:
this do,
and thou shalt live."

29. But he,
willing to justify himself,
said unto Jesus,

"And who is my Neighbour?"

30. And Jesus answering said,

"A certain man
went down from
Jerusalem to Jericho,
and fell among thieves,
which stripped him
of his raiment,
and wounded him,
and departed,
leaving him half dead.
31. "And by chance
there came down
a certain Priest that way:
and when he saw him,
he passed by
on the other side.
32. "And likewise a Levite,
when he was at the place,
came and looked on him,
and passed by
on the other side.
33. "But a certain Samaritan,
as he journeyed,
came where he was:
and when he saw him,
he had Compassion on him,
34. "And went to him,
and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine,
and set him
on his own beast,
and brought him to an inn,
and took care of him.
35. "And on the morrow
when he departed,
he took out two pence,
and gave them to the host,
and said unto him,

'TAKE CARE OF HIM;
AND WHATSOEVER
THOU SPENDEST MORE,
WHEN I COME AGAIN,
I WILL REPAY THEE.'

36. "Which now of these three,
thinkest thou,
was Neighbour unto him
that fell among the thieves?"

37. And he said,

"He that shewed Mercy on him."

Then said Jesus unto him,
"Go, and do thou likewise."

JOBLESS PEOPLE have time to make up stupid Doctrines that make no sense!
Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by Auki: 7:10am On Apr 17, 2017
The Lord of the throne is only One. He neither beget nor is He is born and nor is there to Him any equivalent.

Jesus is neither God nor partner to God as in son or triune partnership. The truth is, Jesus is a human being sent by God to mankind just like Abraham, Moses, Muhammad etc (Peace be on them).

Roman invented Jesus as deity, and Hell will be the abode for those that ascribe partner on to God.

So surrender only to God, do right and desist from ascribing partner on to your Lord.

That is the true and the right Religion.

3 Likes

Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by joyandfaith: 7:27am On Apr 17, 2017
Jesus’ opposers accused him of making himself equal to God. ( John 5:18; 10:30-33 ) However, Jesus never claimed to be on the same level as Almighty God. He said: “The Father is greater than I am.”— John 14:28 .
Jesus’ early followers did not view him as being equal to Almighty God. For example, the apostle Paul wrote that after Jesus was resurrected, God “exalted him [Jesus] to a superior position.” Obviously, Paul did not believe that Jesus was Almighty God. Otherwise, how could God exalt Jesus to a superior position? —Philippians 2:9 .

Jesus is not Almighty God.

1 Like

Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by CandidSeeker(m): 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2017
JESUS IS GOD.

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

… And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

- Jn 14:5-14

I and my Father are one. - Jn.10:30

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. - Col.2:9

…For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah.9:6 (The Names revealed who came.)

-Peace.
Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by pFolar(f): 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
I BeLIEVE THem To Be DifrENT
Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by imagrg(m): 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2017
I am a true Christian. It is really worrisome to see Christians and religious leaders today worship Jesus Christ instead of the One and Only, Almighty God. The Owner and the Creator of the heavens and the earth and all that inhabit them.
Jesus, while on the cross cried ' My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?' On several instances , Jesus made it clear to the Jews, that he is not God! For goodness sake, God isn't human; He is Supreme. And a Being beyond our mortal comprehension. Stop calling Jesus, God! Remember the ten commandment: You must have no other God but the God your Creator; The Almighty! The moslems are right; Jesus is the messenger of God. Period. Dispute this, you end in hell.
Case closed!

5 Likes

Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by EazyMoh(m): 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2017
Nobody understands this thing bros! Either you beehive or you don't. That's Christianity according to gospel of Paul. Confusion incorperated!

1 Like

Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by TheBlessedMAN: 11:52pm On May 03, 2017
EazyMoh:
Nobody understands this thing bros! Either you beehive or you don't. That's Christianity according to gospel of Paul. Confusion incorperated!
hmmm...does that mean the bible can't guide us through?
Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by EazyMoh(m): 5:56am On May 04, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
hmmm...does that mean the bible can't guide us through?
It can guide you alright! But out of Christianity for sure.

1 Like

Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by Nobody: 7:06am On May 04, 2017
CONFUSION everywhere grin

1 Like

Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by oladoja1(m): 8:08am On May 04, 2017
all mighty God is not as author of confusion, but it pains these days that Christian will b preaching the gospel up nd down but try to ask them concept of God and who is Jesus dey will start saying different things
Re: Is God And Jesus The Same? Asin Jesus Is God? by ojobolinda: 8:58am On May 04, 2017
JESUS CHRIST is God manifested in d flesh. In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word (Jesus) was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God (John 1:1) Verse 3 says '' All things were made by him (Jesus), and with out him (Jesus) was not any thing made that was made. There are many verses in d scripture dat proofs dat JESUS CHRIST IS GOD. Mind u, if u can't differentiate btw d Jesus Christ dat was existing wit d Father before d world was (In Genesis, God said '' Let us make man '',) and d Jesus Christ dat manifested in d flesh, u will always b confuse. JESUS CHRIST IS GOD, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

(1) (Reply)

Pope Ask All Ahiara Catholic Priests For An Apology Letter. Vatican Radio / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/07/17 / The Atheists Voice!! Christians Ojo Segun Is God. Am God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.