Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) (41328 Views)

Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / Man Eats A Plate Of Eba And Cat Head, Shows It Off (Photos) / Oyinbo Woman Pictured Praying Before Eating Eba & Egusi With A Bottle Of Stout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by spiro4real(f): 9:47am On Apr 17, 2017
Hehe...
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by EXLOVER(m): 9:47am On Apr 17, 2017
Hh
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Quinn22(f): 9:47am On Apr 17, 2017
Help me ask them oh! undecided
mrbyron:
Can people be really this daft? Who for any reason will put a bar of soap next to food no matter the level of hygiene?
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by spreado(m): 9:47am On Apr 17, 2017
banjicom:

But d color should be different now. Na brown and yellow be d usual color for eba

White garri de na
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by princeemmma(m): 9:48am On Apr 17, 2017
bar what (bar of eba? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked)

Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Quinn22(f): 9:49am On Apr 17, 2017
I blame the person that dished the food. sad
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 9:50am On Apr 17, 2017
You see how brainless. South Africans can be, they no sabi anything, common to toast bae, love bae, tidy bae... They ain't know nothing, to work nko... Nothing, na to jealous people that found opportunity in their country, just for you to see how lazy they are..... How can a human see such a picture and suddenly assume it is a bar soap.... Obviously they don't cook, na only eatery full them city.... Daft set of people with low thinking I.Q

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by wiloy2k8(m): 9:51am On Apr 17, 2017
soap wey no get finishing
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Fortissimo502: 9:52am On Apr 17, 2017
Nairaland. That's not eba. Looks like sadza. I'm pretty sure it's not Nigerian.
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Abbeyme: 9:52am On Apr 17, 2017
blessme2019:
I was scrolling jejely on my TL, before I came across this

Is that eba or Semo?

Looks more like Semo to me though .
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by MtuMsuper: 9:54am On Apr 17, 2017
Nairaland, this is not Eba.

Its called ugali in east africa ,pap in SA, sadza in zimbabwe, posho in uganda, nshima in Zambia and its got sooooo many names in different african languages. Made from maize flour.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Bashnigga(m): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2017
This really cracked me up cheesy grin grin "gotta wash your hands with that soap after eating the spinach and stew"
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by MtuMsuper: 9:56am On Apr 17, 2017
Pavore9:
That looks more like Eastern Africans' ugali (made from maize)
Oga, have you eaten it before? Does it sit well with your stomach?
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by HARDDON: 9:56am On Apr 17, 2017
ish silly u get wen u dont pop ur heads outa ya shell n say hello 2 d varsed world out there!

U go thinking fud is all about flowers n leaves n all other freaking western delicacies until the real deal( Eba ) hits u !

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 17, 2017
grin grin
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by mmsen: 10:01am On Apr 17, 2017
matrixme:
you see what those decorating food have caused for us now? What an embarrassment! Instead of doing it the traditional way, you will see them doing eba cubes. Who eba cubes help? Shioor!!!

Food presentation is important in some culinary circles.

Nothing wrong with the shape of this eba - it looks good in the picture which is what the photographer was concerned with.

Personally, I'm more concerned with the taste and texture.
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by martineverest(m): 10:04am On Apr 17, 2017
Those are South Africans
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by kayzat: 10:08am On Apr 17, 2017
Teewhy2:
This to me looks like semo than Eba, usually is not this white . But honestly people can be very creative with Nigeria food that you will forget you are on a diet or fasting.

Do you need to do a roof parapet, or you are building on a water logged land. Try to reduce your building load with the use of polystyrene material.
Get to know more by clicking below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

That is definitely a wrap of Fufu.
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Dfinex(f): 10:17am On Apr 17, 2017
Sunnynwa:
That reminds me of the day a Nigerian vomited big balls of eba in an underground train.

Oyibo man screamed, "WHAT! how can a human being swallow not 1, not 2, but 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 potatoes.

Hahaha. ....I don die, lol.
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Codes151(m): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2017
This is what happens when u want to change style!! Eba na least round or oval!!! Una dey fall my hand o!
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 17, 2017
blessme2019:
I was scrolling jejely on my TL, before I came across this
D
Does this looks eba to you? , because it looks like that, doesn't mean it is a Nigerian food the white stuff can be made of flour to be chewed with the stew. Make una Dey use una sense o

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Dongreat(m): 10:32am On Apr 17, 2017
Eba is cassava flake. Cassava is white, yes white. It's soaked in water to ferment it and break down a compound that actual form poison in the stomach when swallowed; so it's suicidal to eat cassava without fermenting it.
It's mesh and fried with that big pot, lol. And after frying it's still white. Yes WHITE. You only see the colored garri because it's mixed with palm oil when it's fried. If the garri is really red, it's mixed with loads of palm oil, if fairly red, little palm oil but if white, no palm oil.
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by juman(m): 10:35am On Apr 17, 2017
Sunnynwa:
That reminds me of the day a Nigerian vomited big balls of eba in an underground train.

Oyibo man screamed, "WHAT! how can a human being swallow not 1, not 2, but 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 potatoes.

@bolded
So funny. grin grin grin grin
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by dmltoyin(m): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2017
izzy4shizzy:
Mumu foreigners

No be even better foreigners, na black once wey no sabo anytin mtcheew
this statement is racist
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 17, 2017
banjicom:
But why d eba come white like fufu like dis?
Maybe because he used special lebu garri
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by AlphaStyles(m): 10:51am On Apr 17, 2017
na flour dem use take do the eba?
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by megareal: 10:58am On Apr 17, 2017
Sunnynwa:

grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by MrGerald(m): 11:07am On Apr 17, 2017
banjicom:

But d color should be different now. Na brown and yellow be d usual color for eba
have you seen eba (garry) with brown color before? must be from dirty kitchen, they're always white or one mixed with red oil during processing

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 17, 2017
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
You see how brainless. South Africans can be, they no sabi anything, common to toast bae, love bae, tidy bae... They ain't know nothing, to work nko... Nothing, na to jealous people that found opportunity in their country, just for you to see how lazy they are..... How can a human see such a picture and suddenly assume it is a bar soap.... Obviously they don't cook, na only eatery full them city.... Daft set of people with low thinking I.Q

Stop blaming. Someone can replace that eba with a tablet of soap and you'll mistake the soap for eba.

Only those who eat eba or know what it is would identify it in that picture.

The eba sure look like a tablet of soap.
Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by Pavore9: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Oga, have you eaten it before? Does it sit well with your stomach?

Many times though am not a fan of it but I do prefer the wheat you use for making chapati to prepare mine and it comes out like this.

Re: Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) by MtuMsuper: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2017
Pavore9:

Many times though am not a fan of it but I do prefer the wheat you use for making chapati to prepare mine and it comes out like this.
oh dear oh dear!!!! You need lessons ASAP. PS: I share in your misery: of all the dishes i know, i have consistently scored in the bottom of the class when it comes to chapati making. Get those lessons ASAP.
I have tasted pounded yam and actually liked it. I ate 3 servings. Well cooked it is delicious.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My First Time Of Killing And Eating Snake (PHOTOS) / Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered / One Food You Cannot Understand Why People Enjoy It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.