Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

I Dont Feel Extra Joy At Beating Chelsea - Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Dont Feel Extra Joy At Beating Chelsea - Mourinho (479 Views)

In Pictures: Arsenal Won FA Cup At Wembley Stadium After Beating Chelsea 2-1 / FA Cup Final: Why Manchester United Lost To Chelsea – Mourinho Reveals / My Tactics ” Totally Controlled” Chelsea – Mourinho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Feel Extra Joy At Beating Chelsea - Mourinho by donlackey(m): 1:43am On Apr 17, 2017
Jose Mourinho has insisted he doesn’t feel any extra joy at beating his former club Chelsea, saying he is happy because Manchester United “needed” the three points on Sunday.

Goals from Marcus Rashford and Ander Herrera secured a 2-0 win for the Red Devils at Old Trafford, which blew open the title race as second-placed Tottenham now trail leaders Chelsea by justfour points.

United, meanwhile, remain in the hunt to secure a Champions League spot as the win over the Blues – who sacked Mourinho in December 2015 – takes the club to within four points of fourth- placed Manchester City, who have played a game more than their fierce rivals.

Mourinho’s side lost their previous two encounters against Chelsea this season, with the last meeting in March seeing a section of the Chelsea fans call the Portuguese “Judas”.

But the United manager insisted on Sunday that beating his former side gives him no extra joy than beating any other team in the Premier League, but conceded the victory was important for the Red Devils’ ambition to play in Europe’s premier competition next term.

Speaking to BBC Sport’s Match of the Day, Mourinho said: “Chelsea are the best counter attacking team in the country and we controlled them very well.

“I’m really happy with the boys. I’m happy – not because it’s Chelsea, it’s because we need these three points. “I don’t feel extra joy at beating Chelsea – we beat the leader. It doesn’t matter if the leader is Chelsea or another – we beat them convincingly.
“Nobody can doubt our credit to win the game.”

Souce: http://lackeynet.mobie.in/Post/?fid=I_Dont_Feel_Extra_Joy_At_Beating_Chelsea_-_Mourinho
Re: I Dont Feel Extra Joy At Beating Chelsea - Mourinho by Nwodosis(m): 1:46am On Apr 17, 2017
I no believe you o!
Re: I Dont Feel Extra Joy At Beating Chelsea - Mourinho by kingphilip(m): 5:06am On Apr 17, 2017
I'm sure if he had given them 5, get would have gotten that extra joy and satisfaction

(1) (Reply)

Uefa Champions League Draws / Ahmed Musa Blast Critics As Wedding Date To Second Wife Draws Near / Man City 5-0 Crystal Palace Goals And Highlights 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.