Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Symptoms Associated With Not Drinking Enough Water - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Symptoms Associated With Not Drinking Enough Water (1120 Views)

Are You Drinking Enough Water? 6 Signs You Need To Drink More Water / 7 Signs That Shows You Don't Drink Enough Water / 7 Signs You’re Not Drinking Enough Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Symptoms Associated With Not Drinking Enough Water by saydfact(m): 7:02am On Apr 17, 2017
* You have a fever?
* You look stressed?
* Looks like you didn’t get enough sleep?

Studies show that it may not be the mosquitoes sometimes, or work, or your baby… it could be you. If you do not drink enough water to improve metabolism in your body, you could look sickly, stressed, or in need of sleep. In that case, it would be your fault. So take the blame for once, and then do something about it.

The average adult body is made up of between 55-60% water, which is an indication as to why it’s so important to replenish and refresh these vital stores. It makes sense that when we get dehydrated our bodies [much like our vehicles] send out clear warning signs that we need to check our fluid levels.

Here are some of the symptoms associated with not drinking enough water.

1. Dry Skin
If at any point, your skin stays dry and chapped despite using lotions or loses its shine due to dehydration, all it desperately needs is to be watered! It could also cause you to have bad breath if you don't drink enough water.

2. You’re dealing with a headache
Headaches are actually a common sign that someone is experiencing mild to moderate dehydration. In fact, an inadequate intake of water can trigger a migraine! Drink only water when experiencing headaches and avoid sugary or overly salty sports beverages, which can worsen dehydration.

3. You’re tired all the time
Pay attention to your routines to make sure that you are getting enough sleep every night. If you are resting well but still feel sluggish and tired all the time, you might be dehydrated. Fatigue can seriously affect your sense of well-being and ability to concentrate; and it can leave you feeling clumsy and prone to accidents. Things could be improved simply by sipping on the right amount of water throughout the day.

4. You’re gaining weight
Believe it or not, an expanding waistline can be a sign that you aren’t drinking enough water. Studies have shown that drinking as little as 500ml (about 17 ounces) of water can boost your metabolism by up to 30%. It’s not surprising therefore that many health and wellness experts include an increase in water consumption among their tips for losing and maintaining weight.

5. You’re coping with constipation
If you’re having a hard time going to the restroom, you just might need to increase your water intake. Biologically speaking, your body needs fluids in order to pass waste through your digestive tract; so if you haven’t had enough to drink, things are going to get a little backed up. In fact, dehydration is a leading cause of chronic constipation.

6. You’ve had a urinary tract infection
Anyone who has ever had a urinary tract infection will probably say that it was one of the most uncomfortable, unpleasant experiences in their life. UTIs are caused by a variety of factors but often arise after bacteria have entered into our bodies. Drinking water helps to flush bacteria from our bladders, thus preventing infection from setting in. Some warning signs that our water intake is too low include dark colored urine or a decreased need to urinate at all.

7. You feel irritable and moody
Some research has shown that just mild dehydration can lead to neurological changes that affect our ability to focus and can cause irritability. Even more shocking is that you only need to be 1% below your optimal level of hydration to feel these negative effects. A simple glass of water might be all you need to turn things around.

8. You’re having muscle cramps
Having muscle cramps can be painful. Typically, people will try stretching or using massage techniques to relieve their symptoms, but what you really need might be much simpler. There might be a relationship between dehydration and muscle cramping. Apparently, our blood circulation slows down when we drink too little water. As our bodies compensate for the lack of hydration, fluid is moved away from our muscles in an effort to protect our vital organs. It’s crucial that we consume enough water every day, but especially in hot weather and when we are exercising.

Ultimately, water is more important than most people think. There have been suggestions that we drink water first thing when we wake up, and last thing before we sleep; before we take a shower; before we eat.

So, why not drink?
Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

culled: www.palmchatnow.com

Re: Symptoms Associated With Not Drinking Enough Water by eightsin(m): 7:22am On Apr 17, 2017
The ultimate water... drink some, drink some more
Re: Symptoms Associated With Not Drinking Enough Water by HARDDON: 7:24am On Apr 17, 2017
Just like he who brings kola brings life, he who drinks water drinks life grin

How wudnt s1 drink water? We use water for everytin: blood n all its contents flow in water

Digestion needs water
Throat needs water
Sperm needs water
Body feels hot n dihydrated without water
Skin needs water to stay moist

N so much more
Re: Symptoms Associated With Not Drinking Enough Water by saydfact(m): 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
eightsin:
The ultimate water... drink some, drink some more

abi..... grin
Re: Symptoms Associated With Not Drinking Enough Water by Teewhy2: 6:53am On Apr 18, 2017
It is advisable that we should take minimum of 5 litres every day but most people don't even drink up to 2 litres a day. I make sure when I wake up every morning I take 1 litre before doing anything and this make me use to use the toilet easily and excrete those waste. If you can take the minimum 5 litres it help you reduce those toxic substances in the body.
Re: Symptoms Associated With Not Drinking Enough Water by saydfact(m): 10:34am On Apr 20, 2017
Teewhy2:
It is advisable that we should take minimum of 5 litres every day but most people don't even drink up to 2 litres a day. I make sure when I wake up every morning I take 1 litre before doing anything and this make me use to use the toilet easily and excrete those waste. If you can take the minimum 5 litres it help you reduce those toxic substances in the body.

Waoh.... U drink more than I can handle.. About 2.5ltr daily... . I have to improve
Re: Symptoms Associated With Not Drinking Enough Water by saydfact(m): 9:15am On Apr 26, 2017
my latest building (property) related article: https://www.nairaland.com/3630752/cement-sand-granite-concrete-mix

(1) (Reply)

12 Incredible Before & After Pics Of People Who Beat Cancer / #coronavirus: Runtown Shares 10 Million Naira To Nigerians In Lockdown (pic) / Scorpion Bite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.