Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,279 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Scorpion Bite - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scorpion Bite (1118 Views)

See The Big Scorpion That Died In My Bucket (photo) / Indian Woman Suffocates After Being Buried Alive In Cow Dung For Snake Bite(Pics / India Man Chews Off Snake's Head In Revenge After Snake Bite – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scorpion Bite by rilikalid(m): 4:38am On Mar 26, 2020
I have a Scorpion bite just a moment ago and need someone to prescribed me first aid treatment. The time now is 4:10 A.M which means people are sleeping. Besides that, the government has placed ban on movement which will make getting cab to the hospital absolutely impossible. I have searched Google for any first aid treatment but the only prescription within my reach now is washing the affected area with water which I have done and taken paracitamol. The pain is still severe as i am experiencing pains in the left part of my face down to the neck. I had the bite on my cheek. Could anyone have knowledge of local medicine for scorpion sting, kindly prescribe. Thanks
Re: Scorpion Bite by Ameboperoo(m): 4:46am On Mar 26, 2020
You should have cut the spot immediately with razor blade before the poison travel to other parts of the body.
Let others come give you a fix Sha.
How are you feeling now?
It can be very painful but it wouldn't kill you.
Re: Scorpion Bite by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 26, 2020
Ooshey scorpion king.
Re: Scorpion Bite by kolafolabi(m): 4:54am On Mar 26, 2020
You seriously need a quick medical attention. Sorry bro.
Re: Scorpion Bite by Pierced(f): 5:16am On Mar 26, 2020
Which part of ur body did it sting u? Tie the upper part before the venom starts spreading.

Cut the affected pace with razor blade.....quiz out the bad blood.....rub the affected part be with diced onions to neutralize the effect of the venom.
Re: Scorpion Bite by Healthyway15: 5:16am On Mar 26, 2020
rilikalid:
I have a Scorpion bite just a moment ago and need someone to prescribed me first aid treatment. The time now is 4:10 A.M which means people are sleeping. Besides that, the government has placed ban on movement which will make getting cab to the hospital absolutely impossible. I have searched Google for any first aid treatment but the only prescription within my reach now is washing the affected area with water which I have done and taken paracitamol. The pain is still severe as i am experiencing pains in the left part of my face down to the neck. I had the bite on my cheek. Could anyone have knowledge of local medicine for scorpion sting, kindly prescribe. Thanks

How far... I hope it's not getting worse
Re: Scorpion Bite by dawnomike(m): 5:30am On Mar 26, 2020
It will be a very painful 24hours for you... But you will be fine provided it is a brown rock scorpion and not black. If it is a black scorpion, I hope it is not an adult!... You need a stronger pain relief medication than paracetamol, injection preferably will work better than tabs.

Sorry about your experience...

1 Like

Re: Scorpion Bite by Healthyway15: 6:47am On Mar 26, 2020
rilikalid:

I believe you are at a hospital right now or on your way to hospital.
Re: Scorpion Bite by sapeleboi(m): 6:53am On Mar 26, 2020
eat onions bro

1 Like

Re: Scorpion Bite by rilikalid(m): 9:51am On Mar 26, 2020
Healthyway15:

thanks so much for your concern. God bless you abundantly. I have gone to a pharmacy and was given a pain killer. The pain is not as much as before. Thanks once again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scorpion Bite by Healthyway15: 11:15am On Mar 26, 2020
rilikalid:

thanks so much for your concern. God bless you abundantly. I have gone to a pharmacy and was given a pain killer. The pain is not as much as before. Thanks once again

You're welcome... Take good care of yourself, and don't hesitate to go and see a doctor in case you notice any uneasiness or discomfort. And if possible, you can get the area you were bitten, cleared so as to prevent future occurrence of bite(s).

Nothing replaces Sound Health!

1 Like

Re: Scorpion Bite by rilikalid(m): 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2020
Healthyway15:

I am okay now. someone cut the affected area for me with blade and squeeze blood out of the place after which he applies a local medicine called "epa ijebu" on it. They effect had since totally gone. Thank you. Hard to belief that a human like you exists in Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Scorpion Bite by ITbomb(m): 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2020
Nice to know that you are still alive

But wait o

Can the epa ijebu cure corona? Asking for a friend

rilikalid:

I am okay now. someone cut the affected area for me with blade and squeeze blood out of the place after which he applies a local medicine called "epa ijebu" on it. They effect had since totally gone. Thank you. Hard to belief that a human like you exists in Nairaland
Re: Scorpion Bite by rilikalid(m): 8:36pm On Mar 27, 2020
ITbomb:
Nice to know that you are still alive

But wait o

Can the epa ijebu cure corona? Asking for a friend

laugh. so you have a corona positive friend? Seun hope you are seeing one of your nairalanders o.

(1) (Reply)

Hungry Man Faints, Recovers After Been Fed At Isheri Road Lagos(video) / Misoprostol (CYTOTEC) & Mifepristone / Anyone Get A Blood Transfusion In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.