Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians (740 Views)

Fashola Under Undue Pressure To Resign By Joshua Amaugo / Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration / Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by Mbeki: 9:51am On Jan 02, 2010
One hundred legal practitioners under the auspices of Lawyers of Consciences have given President Umaru Yar’Adua till January 31, 2010 to resign or be removed by the National Assembly, failing which the group will be left with no alternative than to mobilize their learned colleagues and the Nigerian electorate to “take their destiny into their hands by any legitimate means possible.”

Source:http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=163245
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by Mbeki: 9:55am On Jan 02, 2010
At least, Nigerians are waking up from their siddon look attitude.

The drama begins
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by blacksta(m): 9:58am On Jan 02, 2010
Only people who dont have the balls to do anything gives another 30 days - I beg save me the - excitement nothing is going to happen.
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by Mbeki: 10:23am On Jan 02, 2010
thats the problem!
At times, you don't know who to trust in this country

some people may just be making noise either to attract attention or for their personal interests.

But how can a whole president be missing like a needle in a hay sack?
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by Mbeki: 10:33am On Jan 02, 2010
Nigerians are being taken for granted really too much for too long.
Nothing stops them from signing the budget or anything that will put money in their pocket. But to do the right thing to give us a president, they'll be beating about the bush.
It is looting galore going on now in Yar adua government.
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by Jaybee2412(m): 10:40am On Jan 02, 2010
Why 30 days and why not now? cowards
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by WilyWily7: 10:44am On Jan 02, 2010
The days of Nigeria are numbered, the Devil paradise have started Crumbling
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by edoyad(m): 10:45am On Jan 02, 2010
30 days of looting before the next govt is forced in. But knowing Nigerian lawyers they're trying to make a quick buck from the situation, more like blackmail.
But where is Gani Fawehinmi when you need him ? Resting in the after life i guess. If only he were alive, this monkeys wouldn't be boldly coming to tell us rubbish without considering the backlash.
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by Mbeki: 11:13am On Jan 02, 2010
Wily*Wily:

The days of Nigeria are numbered, the Devil paradise have started Crumbling

Agreed,The quest to hold on to power, greed and looting mentality is finally grinding Nigeria to a halt.

Everybody is his own government now in Nigeria.
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by kosovo(m): 11:43am On Jan 02, 2010
Nigerians are used to Making Lots Of Noise, Nothing is going to happen, Just bunch of people who need some money to end their Noise, Not the First time either
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by coolier(f): 11:57am On Jan 02, 2010
30days is too long considering he's been away for more than 30days already.
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by Mbeki: 12:36pm On Jan 02, 2010
Now we know that this country is a lawless one.
Both the lawmakers and the judiciary are corrupt to the bone.
were they sincere in their duties, all these rubbish should not have been happening.
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by vigasimple(m): 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2010
coolier:

You are quite right, 7 days and maximum of 14 days because actions and processes will take longer. This a National emergency. A country without a leader for more than 40 days, will anyone seriously fly in an Aircraft without a pilot or on autopilot for a long time?.

I have said it number without times, if (God forbid) we have an attack coming from outside, who is our C-I-C to give orders to the Military. Since Goodluck Jonathan is nobody as far as we can see, he has no power even to swear in the new CJN nor sign supplementary budget.

YAR A'FAILURE we are told was able to sign supplemntary budget in his 'DEAD BED' after nearly 40 days of DYING but cannot forward a letter to NASS to ask for medical leave for his VP to play his role in his abscence. All he has to do is to sign a pre typed letter, but did he read or was he able to read the supplementary budget before he signs it ?.

I think our Northern brothers have overplayed their hands and importance. They have always hold this country to ransom, and it is high time the South unite and kick their butt.

I have said it number without times YAR A'DO NOTHING IS DEAD LONG TIME AGO. If they dispute it, he should address the nation on video conferencing. WE have a a 'Nigerian Al-Qaeda Terorist' and he cannot see the big impact of it on nigeria to address the country. That is my own evidence of his death and dereliction of duty. Either dead or alive, he should be impeached immediately.
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by chidichris(m): 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2010
30 days is good enough time for all parties to settled.
the so-called nigerian bar association at the end of the day will not have the interest of the poor masses at heart.
nigeria is another name for shame.
how long did alams stay out of office before obasanjo and ribadu perfected plans for his removal and replacement by this same goodluck jonathan?
we are a symbol of disgrace.
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2010
They ought to have given him 24 hours MAX, but then again, I am not sure that would change anything considering we are still talking here of my people!! grin
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by netpro(m): 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2010
coolier:

And after the 30day, Why not simply give him 24hrs to 72hrs. Why waiting? What are they waiting for? How long will it take to setup a telecast for the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

Who is fooling who?
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by Mbeki: 8:31pm On Jan 03, 2010
They should have done this earlier than now,
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by vigasimple(m): 8:45pm On Jan 03, 2010
Kobojunkie:

They ought to have given him 24 hours MAX, but then again, I am not sure that would change anything considering we are still talking here of my people!! grin
coolier:

Those lawyers are simply grandstanding, they knew that by the end of this month the matter will have been resolved one way or the other. There are at least 2 matters in court already, Femi Falana and Bamidele Aturu, so those lawyers want to be seeing to be doing something.

Infact their 30days may be giving the government more rooms to manouver and do all sort of abradacabra.

WHY NOT 7 FULL DAYS, WHICH IN POLITICS IS A LONG TIME, AN ETERNITY. It is now well over 7 days that 'Nigerian bomber' nearly did his business.
A 'DEAD C-I-C' has still NOT SPOKEN A WORLD OR MAKE A WRITTEN STATEMENT VIA EITHER HIS PRESS SECRETARY OR MINISTER OF MISINFORMATION.

YAR A'DEAD LONG TIME AGO JUST LIKE MARYAM BABANGIDA BEFORE THEY HAVE THE COURAGE TO ANNOUNCE IT AND BURIED HER IN THE DEAD OF THE NIGHT.
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by Mbeki: 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2010
there are some truth that cant be hidden 4 too long.
his present cabinet will go down the history of nigeria as the set of leaders that destroyed this country.

idonkia, dora akunyili, david mark, dimeji or dimeta bankole u name them. they should be ashamed of themselves.
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by safeact(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2010
Let 4me,we worth nothing outside dis wall. The lawyers @ just barking dogs that cannot bite!
Re: Yar Adua Given 30 Days To Appear Or Resign By Nigerians by edwin101: 1:22am On Jan 04, 2010
another faceless group making empty threats. angry

(1) (Reply)

The Sick Man Who Ruled America For 8 Years- / Akpabio Now Extremely Desperate Call For General Meeting Of Everybody / If A Nairalander Doesnt Log For A Year Or Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.