Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? (8457 Views)

Please Where Can I Learn Driving With #10,000 In Lagos.? / Where Can I Learn Driving For #5000 - #10000 / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by losak9111(m): 8:03am On Apr 18, 2017
Nigeria High Way Code says 18 years

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 18, 2017
As an Instructor, I will pick 17 years for both of 'em...though they are to start with Theory aspect of it.
You can't introduce them to the car straight it's wrong.
First let them know that 'nothing is to be feared, they are only meant to be understood'
After giving them your own version of theory for like 3 months....introduce to them the physical aspects, Parts & function of the car...as it varies in all cars.
After all these send them to a Federal Government Approved Driving School so that they can be taught by Professional Instructors.
It's wrong for an under age to drive in any of Nigeria roads until he/she is 18 years & possess a Valid Learner's Permit or Driver's License.
For more info contact me on 08145711194
Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by hardbody: 8:11am On Apr 18, 2017
Miles300:
14 yrs I started to drive in my estate then @ 15 I started to hit d express gradually but barely change my land then ....I was never taught how to drive , I only saw my dad and my uncles driving and observing all there were doin and one day I enter mood start car my self the rest is history ...

You need to go back and learn how to drive. Driving is not a DIY thingy.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by hardbody: 8:16am On Apr 18, 2017
femid1st:
As an Instructor, I will pick 17 years for both of 'em...though they are to start with Theory aspect of it.
You can't introduce them to the car straight it's wrong.
First let them know that 'nothing is to be feared, they are only meant to be understood'
After giving them your own version of theory for like 3 months....introduce to them the physical aspects, Parts & function of the car...as it varies in all cars.
After all these send them to a Federal Government Approved Driving School so that they can be taught by Professional Instructors.
It's wrong for an under age to drive in any of Nigeria roads until he/she is 18 years & possess a Valid Learner's Permit or Driver's License.
For more info contact me on 08145711194

My dad taught my brother and I the theory of driving for sooo long that I started despising driving. When we go to start the practical, he will have us share the drivers seat him with him, while he is controlling the pedals, we will be handling the steering wheel. After a while when he felt we had become perfect on handling the the wheels, we graduated finally into full control of the entire driving assignment. First on our close, then the street, then the inner roads.

We were taught reversing last. Needless to say, when in a foul mood, i can run a BRT into third mainland bridge sea. I do my Lagos to Calabar trips without any qualms. Thanks to strong basics.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by menxer: 8:17am On Apr 18, 2017
RoyalBoutique:
Once your hands can grab the steering wheel, your legs can touch the pedals and your eyes can see the road ahead ... Then You are eligible to learn how to drive.

You beat me to it.
Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by menxer: 8:19am On Apr 18, 2017
losak9111:
Nigeria High Way Code says 18 years

There is always the official and unofficial age.
Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by Profcamsey(m): 8:19am On Apr 18, 2017
Vicolan:
Like Male 100years..... Female 99 years

I'm coming let me check again
You myt not come back again
Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 18, 2017
hardbody:

My dad taught my brother and I the theory of driving for sooo long that I started despising driving. When we go to start the practical, he will have us share the drivers seat him with him, while he is controlling the pedals, we will be handling the steering wheel. After a while when he felt we had become perfect on handling the the wheels, we graduated finally into full control of the entire driving assignment. First on our close, then the street, then the inner roads.

We were taught reversing last. Needless to say, when in a foul mood, i can run a BRT into third mainland bridge sea. I do my Lagos to Calabar trips without any qualms. Thanks to strong basics.

Well it work for u easily doesn't mean it will work for others.
With my experience so far.....its not easy to teach anybody you know on how to drive...let Genius in the house testify to that if its a lie.
the age is important... driving as underage is not normal....av u seen accidents...cox I av...cox by underage & learner driver
Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by Bdeli(m): 8:50am On Apr 18, 2017
praisekeyzz:
From birth

Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by 99foxxy(f): 8:56am On Apr 18, 2017
Once your parents own cars, I don't think it has any age cause either the driver will teach you secretly or you learn on your own by stealing the car keys to do some practicals. I started even before I was 14, but had more experience at 16.
Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by praisekeyzz(m): 9:21am On Apr 18, 2017
[quote author=Bdeli post=55668996][/quote] lol

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by NoToPile: 10:08am On Apr 18, 2017
18 pls.
Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by Vicolan: 10:36am On Apr 18, 2017
Profcamsey:
grin
Profcamsey:
Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by ken19: 11:01am On Apr 18, 2017
asked dad to teach me after my sec sch..was 17 dn
Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by Omojudy: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
The age at which you get your first car. Your very own oh, no be person give or borrow you. Then u will know the value of both the car and human lives.
Re: At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? by sweetilicious(f): 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
Alexis11:
Hmmmm...... Reading comments here, I just have to close my eyes in shame. undecided
Been looking for someone that will teach me

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Check How Much Oil Your Car Takes / Things You Need To Know If You Do Patronize Roadside Mechanics / Toyota Sells 1.52 Million Electrified Vehicles In 2017, Ahead Of 2020 Target

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.