Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,281 members, 7,957,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:17 PM

What Really Happened?:true Life Story - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Really Happened?:true Life Story (361 Views)

OAU Cult Attack June1 Threat,read What Really Happened. / My Near Blood Money (ritual) Experience. (true Life Story) / LIB Special Report: Omoni Oboli, Okafor's Law And What Really Happened In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Really Happened?:true Life Story by lanskyjojo: 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2017
(Being a narratives of my sib (Pharmacist Leke Adeyemi to the events that occur at UCH (University College Hospital,Ibadan) wherein I lost my dearest Mother Late Mrs Felicia Aina Ajoke Adeyemi to a poor medical practices.(She eventually gave up the ghost last week good Friday April14,2017) Its a response to my request from him that I needed to know what really happens. Copied from my mail box)

It is a long story but will summarize.
You knew her state the last time you were at home. On an early morning like that, she came to my room claiming she wanted to travel to ibadan though she didn't go.
Few days later and feeling agitated she told me,she wanted to travel to Ibadan and she did.
In Ibadan,she was hallucinating and I have to travel to Ibadan to see her.She looked fatigue, dehydrated and was constipated.I was told that she was not eating that much and I travelled back home.
Few days later,I was called about her anxiety but I told egbon to take her to hospital.Few days later, I was told to come over to Ibadan and that she has been hospitalized.She was admitted to the psychiatric ward initially to monitor her.She was placed on drips and drugs.She was alert and was even telling us that she wanted to go home and that they wanted to kill her. We have to calm her down.The vital signs were checked and were fair.Atleast,her BP was high but not that stable but settled at 150/90.
She did all sorts of test and we were told that she had volvulus and that part of it was gangrene.She did surgery and was initially at the recovery unit.I noticed that her BP was high though I did not observe other vital signs after the surgery but the BP started to drop.she was transferred to the ICU where her heart,lungs and renal functions were supported.
The doctor claimed she had septicaemia. But my opinion is that she likely had the infection during the surgery.That hospital is not that good in managing infections from surgical procedures.Even immediately after the surgery she was conscious and after the surgery, we were managing severe sepsis and multiple organs dysfunction.
She was given all sorts of drugs and drips in such a way that her hands swollen,probably Oedema. I and egbon ( Dr.Adegoke Abiodun Adeyemi) were in UCH for close to three weeks from 7am to 9pm daily despite the silly,annoying and stressful nature of that hospital.
On Thursday, she was conscious before we left her and on Friday she died at 4.15pm after being resuscitated few hours before that time.
My opinion is that her health status got more complicated.At least,she knew how to manage her health. I do not want to blame any human being but her condition ought to improve. You cannot spend 600,000 plus and have such end result.
To me it is not acceptable and such is life. I am sorry for not sending the mail earlier, slept off and when I woke up I was watching match.
Please, try and come home for the burial.
Such is life

Sent by Lanre Adegbemi Adeyemi)
Re: What Really Happened?:true Life Story by lanskyjojo: 8:02pm On Apr 17, 2017
Is it fair? Is life fair? The way forward UCH?.

(1) (Reply)

Should Babymama Be Encouraged Or Abortion? / Don't Miss This Opportunity To Earn University A Degree In Mauritius For FREE / Top 5 Lies Nigerians Guys Tell Ladies !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.