Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

How To Treat Hives? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Treat Hives? (773 Views)

Is Anyone Here Familiar With “hives”? Please Help / Hives / Couple Needs N4.7million From Philanthropists To Treat Their Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Treat Hives? by kitaclar: 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
When a product like Oxyhives appears and claims to be one of the best at treating hives or urticaria, without having any evidence for those claims and while there are already plenty of other treatments, with clinical proof I might add, that can help treat the same problem, it is almost impossible to recommend it. This is pretty much the biggest issue with Oxyhives and what prevents me the most from recommending it to anyone.

I am aware of the fact that there are positive comments online, apparently, it worked for some people. Still, it's not nearly enough for me to recommend it. For one, those are random, anonymous online comments. Who's to say they aren't fake? Well, just some food for thought. Online comments do not serve as evidence because there's the question of their validity and they cannot replace the lack of clinical and scientific evidence.

There are many treatments for hives or urticaria, there are first of all antihistamines. Cetirizine, Loratadine, Zyrtec and others. For most people these work and for most people, these do not cause harmful side-effects. Obviously, if you've not used antihistamines before, consult a medic first since they may cause you some side-effects such as drowsiness and dizziness.

Corticosteroids work by suppressing the immune system and lessening or inhibiting the symptoms caused by hives or urticaria, again something very effective. It also depends on the severity or persistence of your urticaria and if there is angioedema present which can pose a more serious threat. As you can see, it is clearly best to consult a medic since even the most popular, effective treatments that are backed up by science and modern medicine can have side-effects.

Yet, to ignore these treatments and to use Oxyhives which has only baseless claims and no proof, just seems like a bad course of action to me, especially without first consulting with a medic. Oxyhives may very well be ineffective and cause side-effects. In terms of price Oxyhives also doesn't look like a great investment because you can buy antihistamines for as little as $15 while Oxyhives costs $46.90 for a bottle.

Claiming that it is entirely safe and very effective and better than antihistamine but not being able to prove it is a problem for me and I can't put blind faith in it. So, if you are interested in using Oxyhives, please consult a medic first. I could be wrong and it could be a great treatment for hives but there is very good reason for doubting that and for being a skeptic and it's better to be safe than to be sorry. Read more: https://diets-usa.com/oxyhives-reviews

(1) (Reply)

This What A Friend Is Going Through. (warning, very irritating picture) / See What JOHESU Are Circulating In Their Whatsapp Groups / How To Remove pterygium Or Growth From The Eye For Just Three Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.