Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) (36486 Views)

Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook / Groundnut Hawker Wearing Suit And Tie (Photos) / Nigerian Meat Seller Uses POS (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by toprealman: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2017
Please upload the pics of the NEATLY ARRANGED BANANA....can't see it here.
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Amarabae(f): 9:19am On Apr 18, 2017
why do I have a feeling that the girl is OP's girlfrend.
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by kayo80(m): 9:21am On Apr 18, 2017
People can bash me all they want, but I have achieved the one thing I set out to do...To give the girl publicity. I accept the good and the bad comments, as long as I know a good will come out of this. Thank you all.

3 Likes

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 18, 2017
kayo80:
People can bash me all they want, but I have achieved the one thing I set out to do...To give the girl publicity. I accept the good and the bad comments, as long as I know a good will come out of this. Thank you all.
Help the kids hawking that should be in school. Then I'll know you have no ulterior motives or are in cohorts with her.
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 18, 2017
Much as I admire her courage to hustle, there are so many people like that.... I hawked from secondary school till my 3rd year in university just to finance my education... No big deal, it all depends on what you want. The only bad thing was d unnecessary pity that people show....#Noroomforselfpity

1 Like

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by DavidEsq(m): 9:28am On Apr 18, 2017
See how the geh dey pose like bread model sef cheesy and jus negodu the OP's standing ears grin.
Verily I say unto u, OP is the CEO/owner of the business. He is using format to advertise it cry
OP, ayam in my house, coman beat me grin

2 Likes

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Scholarforever: 9:29am On Apr 18, 2017
I don't know what we really want as Nigerian value or values. As I was reading this write-up I remember a niece of mine who got pregnant in SS2 but has refused to move on with her life after d mistake. As I speak her father has disowned her because of her wayward lifestyle. Let us learn how to celebrate good values when we see them in young people. She could have chosen to be one of those ladies who believe in using their bodies to get what they want. OP I give u kudos for this move. Pls don't be discouraged by your good intention that is being misconstrued and don't bother yourself convincing anybody some people are incurable cynics.

3 Likes

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by kayo80(m): 9:30am On Apr 18, 2017
claremont:
OP, If you on Twitter, follow @obyezeks and send her a tweet about this lady, you can also ask her to retweet this lady's story and pictures. That's the Twitter account of Dr. Oby Ezekwesili, and I know she has helped ladies like this in the past. A simple retweet from her about this girl's story might be all this lady needs to change her life today. PLUS, people who are interested in helping this young lady would rather prefer doing it through a well-known and trusted public figure like Dr. Oby. https://twitter.com/obyezeks?lang=en&lang=en

Okay. I will do so. Thank you.
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Funkybabee(f): 9:31am On Apr 18, 2017
May God bless her and my hustle in life,it's ain't easy to survive in this world whether u have money or not!!!
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 18, 2017
opso make we do what ? na her be the first or na her be the last ?

but she get money to fix hair instead of going natural

rubbish
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by kayo80(m): 9:33am On Apr 18, 2017
Scholarforever:
I don't know what we really want as Nigerian value or values. As I was reading this write-up I remember a niece of mine who got pregnant in SS2 but has refused to move on with her life after d mistake. As I speak her father has disowned her because of her wayward lifestyle. Let us learn how to celebrate good values when we see them in young people. She could have chosen to be one of those ladies who believe in using their bodies to get what they want. OP I give u kudos for this move. Pls don't be discouraged by your good intention that is being misconstrued and don't bother yourself convincing anybody some people are incurable cynics.

Thanks for this comment.
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by kceewhyte(m): 9:33am On Apr 18, 2017
OP swear say her number no dey ur phone....make amadioha no......grin
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by kceewhyte(m): 9:35am On Apr 18, 2017
Scholarforever:
odi nma I ako june12
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by joinnow: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2017
Good for her never give up.

Pls why is the banana looking like dwarf banana hurriedly harvested banana
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 9:38am On Apr 18, 2017
SINZ:

Oga sir, did she have NOUN written in caps on her forehead? Simply put, you gave her attention because you feel she is too pretty to be selling fruits. If she was ugly, we both know you wouldn't have approached her but that's not the case.

There are many people out there who hawk and carry out menial jobs just so they can feed atleast once a day. Their stories are surely even more heart-wrenching than this lass's story. What else qualifies her to be offered help aside her looks? Why should people offer her assistance on the basis that she is pretty and neglect those truly in need?

Dude, you need to re-evaluate yourself first and ask yourself what motivated you into writing this epistle in the first place. Is it lust? Are you having dreams of being her savior so you'll get a chance to score?? If sheer greed played a motivational role then I'm sorry, but you're no better than the people that this poor "pretty" girl is trying to avoid in the first place which made her choose this means of survival. Face your front when next you see a pretty girl.

Oga my first thought too was that this guy was just attracted to the girl since there was nothing exceptional about the way she arranged her fruits (in fact it is quite unappealing), but then he explained that he thought she was a student of UI (i guess going by the nicish way she dressed and comports herself). You must accept his explanation instead of sticking to your own theory. That is only fair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Petroking: 9:39am On Apr 18, 2017
Operator/poster nor vex o, i like the story and would encourage you to do more but one question i did like to ask is: did you ask the girl to change posture several times like an aspiring model

kayo80:
I lost my smartphone last week Thursday, and my Laptop developed a fault on Saturday, so I had gone to the University of Ibadan (U.I) to see if I could get on the Internet at a Cyber Cafe. Most of the ones I was directed to were closed, and then on my way to a barber shop, I saw this neatly arranged tray of Bananas and Groundnut. I looked up at the person selling them, and there was something about the girl that made me believe she had a story people would love to hear.

After getting the haircut, I walked up to her and bought groundnut and then told her I wanted to write about her. She agreed to give me audience, and then I found out she had been helping her mom out with the trade since she was in Secondary school, and now she more or less handled it herself. She got into the National Open University of Nigeria, Ibadan campus to study Theology in 2013/2014 session, and continued with the banana and groundnut business.

She told me she would go for lectures three times a week, and then come to her normal spot (where we were seated) opposite Sultan Bello Hall in U.I to sell groundnuts, coconuts, banana, and oranges (during the season). Her story kind of reminded me of Linda Ikeji, and how Linda used to sell at beer Sheraton Hotel to support herself during her time at University of Lagos. The fact that this girl decided to be independent and make money from selling fruits in the time when young pretty girls like her would rather depend on men to take care of them made me write this article. I felt her story needed to be shared with the world.

Her name is Vivian Okpara, and she is in her final year at the Nigerian Open University in Ibadan. Although she grew up in Ibadan and can speak Yoruba fluently, she is from Ogu Opa in Enugu state. Vivian is in her mid twenties, and would be rounding up her studies at N.O.U.N early next year. When I asked her what she wanted to do after school, she said she would like to open a big fruits store, and do business on a large scale in this area. The way she spoke about it with passion was so captivating.

In the Nigeria of today, we need more young people like Vivian. I am calling on anyone with the means to do so to assist this young girl actualize her dreams. And even if you can't do that, support her in the little way you can right now. When next you find yourself at the University of Ibadan, go to her spot opposite Sultan Bello Hall, and buy some of the things she sells.

http://outoftheordinary101..com.ng/2017/04/meet-vivian-pretty-groundnut-banana.html
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 9:42am On Apr 18, 2017
God bless her hustle
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Osazuwa72: 9:42am On Apr 18, 2017
Is theology her dream course?God will help her. Apostle Vivian

2 Likes

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by kayo80(m): 9:43am On Apr 18, 2017
Petroking:
Operator/poster nor vex o, i like the story and would encourage you to do more but one question i did like to ask is: did you ask the girl to change posture several times like an aspiring model

lol! That was the last picture I took. One of her friends asked her to pose for the camera.

1 Like

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by kayo80(m): 9:44am On Apr 18, 2017
SmartyPants:

Oga my first thought too was that this guy was just attracted to the girl since there was nothing exceptional about the way she arranged her fruits (in fact it is quite unappealing), but then he explained that he thought she was a student of UI (i guess going by the nicish way she dressed and comports herself). You must accept his explanation instead of sticking to your own theory. That is only fair.

God bless you for this comment.
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by RichardoTobinho: 9:45am On Apr 18, 2017
lol... why are nairalanders this savagery... ya'll gat no chilvary and ever ready to use weapons in your artillery to attack any friend or enemy wether or not he crosses the boundary to your territory

1 Like

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by spectator2001: 9:46am On Apr 18, 2017
SINZ:

Oga sir, did she have NOUN written in caps on her forehead? Simply put, you gave her attention because you feel she is too pretty to be selling fruits. If she was ugly, we both know you wouldn't have approached her but that's not the case.

There are many people out there who hawk and carry out menial jobs just so they can feed atleast once a day. Their stories are surely even more heart-wrenching than this lass's story. What else qualifies her to be offered help aside her looks? Why should people offer her assistance on the basis that she is pretty and neglect those truly in need?

Dude, you need to re-evaluate yourself first and ask yourself what motivated you into writing this epistle in the first place. Is it lust? Are you having dreams of being her savior so you'll get a chance to score?? If sheer greed played a motivational role then I'm sorry, but you're no better than the people that this poor "pretty" girl is trying to avoid in the first place which made her choose this means of survival. Face your front when next you see a pretty girl.

Youths with superior cognitive skills like this can see through the thick lens(es) of deceit no matter how masked or coated! The docility of the average Nigerian youth is quite visible from the response of those views antagonistic to your submission! NIGERIANS NEED TO LEARN TO ASK QUESTIONS, SALIENT QUESTIONS!!! Thumbs up brother!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Gluthatione: 9:49am On Apr 18, 2017
OP you have done well by giving the girl the publicity, don't mind my fellow nairalanders which have derailed the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 18, 2017
kayo80:

Thank you.

Is there any reason why you took a photo with her, don't you think this is rather unnecessary?

Also, N20K will positively affect that lady's business for good, I believe your immediate friends and family can raise this amount without nairaland influence na

Thanks for your interest though

2 Likes

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by spectator2001: 9:51am On Apr 18, 2017
SmartyPants:

The explanation of the OP is valid too, no doubt about that. I believe the alternate theory of this young man seeks to question the motive and/or rationale of the OP for picking out this individual simply because she "looked" like a student of NOUN. Such action, if I must add, is questionable in the face of the thousands of individuals with worse circumstances hawking, begging and helplessly-looking-unkempt people in that city.
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 9:51am On Apr 18, 2017
Nice job OP, but she isn't the first neither will she be the last.....back in UNILORIN then, a lady Sherifat sponsored herself all through to 400L( ENGLISH DEPT) by selling meatpie everyday. she has this look on her face that will make you to patronize her whenever she approaches you...so we counted it all joy to always patronize her as a way of assisting her. OP DID U ALSO PATRONIZE HER GOODS? DID U EVEN ATTEMPT TO BUY A BUNCH OF BANANA OF #200 FOR #500? U don't have to get on this platform before you help...even if it's #5k every month into for her upkeep...it will go a long way...u can do something too....
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by Greatdestiny017(f): 9:55am On Apr 18, 2017
[I think it is totally wrong posting her pics, and real name on nairaland, pls have you show her what you did here, if she will appreciate it, the back side of her pic,and her name hidden would have be better, am sure you want guys to see her pics and tell you she is beautiful so you can carry out your evil agenda, this story and pics you post here can even prevent her chance, or chances of better spouse, cos not all men will like the fact that everybody knows the story of their wife,if truly she gave you the go ahead to post this on line, then truly both of you have poverty mindset, looking for help where there are no help, in two to three years time she will regret her actions of allowing her pics and story on social media, and you have just succeeded in exposing her to the wicked world, if she is still innocent, bcoz most guys will start driving there to either collect her no, or deceive her with money just to get to her Jerusalem, so my brother always think Before you take action, you just want to destroy that girl, by exposing her wrongly, in the next six month now you will look like a riff Raff to her, bcoz bigger men would have expose her with cash.

Her name is Vivian Okpara, and she is in her final year at the Nigerian Open University in Ibadan. Although she grew up in Ibadan and can speak Yoruba fluently, she is from Ogu Opa in Enugu state. Vivian is in her mid twenties, and would be rounding up her studies at N.O.U.N early next year. When I asked her what she wanted to do after school, she said she would like to open a big fruits store, and do business on a large scale in this area. The way she spoke about it with passion was so captivating.

In the Nigeria of today, we need more young people like Vivian. I am calling on anyone with the means to do so to assist this young girl actualize her dreams. And even if you can't do that, support her in the little way you can right now. When next you find yourself at the University of Ibadan, go to her spot opposite Sultan Bello Hall, and buy some of the things she sells.

http://outoftheordinary101..com.ng/2017/04/meet-vivian-pretty-groundnut-banana.html[/quote]
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by spectator2001: 9:56am On Apr 18, 2017
Pidgin2:

Is there any reason why you took a photo with her, don't you think this is rather unnecessary?

Also, N20K will positively affect that lady's business for good, I believe your immediate friends and family can raise this amount without nairaland influence na

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by kayo80(m): 9:58am On Apr 18, 2017
Pidgin2:

I took the picture cos I have seen in the past where people said a story was fake because there was no picture of the person reporting the story with the person the story is about. Funny right? Anyway, I have removed that pic from my blog and I will try and get it removed it from Nairaland too.

About raising money, she might not even need money. I just felt giving her publicity might make a guide/mentor see her and come in.

1 Like

Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by iykenathan162(m): 10:02am On Apr 18, 2017
kayo80:

You know the funny thing, I didn't want to collect it at first cos I didn't want it to seem like I had ulterior motive. But she said, "you didn't even collect my number" when I was leaving, so I had to. Honestly, I was just drawn to her hustling spirit.

Do not exploit this lady.....God knows yr motive..
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by freshdill(m): 10:03am On Apr 18, 2017
glossy6:

The bananas on display look nasty

Those stuff are just cover ups for the "main" business. Here where i am there are many of her type even much prettier than her hawking as a front to their "main" business. Op dont be naive to things, abeg leave matter for mathias.
Re: Vivian, A Groundnut & Banana Seller And An Undergraduate Of NOUN (Photos) by 400billionman: 10:04am On Apr 18, 2017
kayo80:

Update- People can bash me all they want, but I have achieved the one thing I set out to do...To give the girl publicity. I accept the good and the bad comments, as long as I know a good will come out of this. Thank you all. I wish you all a great week.

There is no legitimate work that is debasing.

The problem with doing business in Nigeria is growing capital. Most times, cost of running the business and personal expenses exceed profit.

People sell cement, pure water, plastics, produce like beans, rice, groundnut and maize.

What is the difference between them and her selling banana ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

16 Pictures That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Hate Their Office / Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side / Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.