Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. (19402 Views)

How To Make N150,000 Monthly From Your Jumia/konga Store / Has Jumia Stopped Its 'pay On Delivery' Option? / Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by joey150(m): 8:35am On Apr 18, 2017
Lokoyen:

You will get everything in need and even have the right to return.

Let the same thing be done here too...pay on delivery is holding back e -commerce in Nigeria..
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by Earth2Metahuman: 8:37am On Apr 18, 2017
countsparrow:

Bro stop talking like u dont have an alternative after u make payment, if its not what u ordered for, u return it and u will be duely refunded... Shikena!
yeah right.

After like two weeks and several calls and email.

They might even tell you that you have opened the seal hence the purchase is final.
Not today I have been dealing with jumia and konga.

The option should not be removed. Any purchase above 100k should only be allowed to deliver to their depot/shop or what do they call those places where customers can go and pick it up and pay, then any order above 1.5 million should be paid on delivery.

It is that simple.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by Lokoyen(m): 8:46am On Apr 18, 2017
joey150:

Let the same thing be done here too...pay on delivery is holding back e -commerce in Nigeria..

This ia Nigeria our thinking is different you know.What applies to america is not the same here.

Most sellers on Konga and JUmia are crooks. They packaged what u didn't order and send once you pay online. I was a victim of such and wen i made complaints to jumia it took them 2 weeks to resolve. Imagine!!!

1 Like

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by Iamzik: 8:46am On Apr 18, 2017
countsparrow:

Bro stop talking like u dont have an alternative after u make payment, if its not what u ordered for, u return it and u will be duely refunded... Shikena!

Refund can take 10-14 days if you reject the product based on difference in spec. Speaking from experience. I even asked to order another product with thesame fund and they declined, said I should make another payment while holding on to my money. That's not acceptable for me. If I can pay instantly then I should get my refund instantly especially when I want to buy an alternative product.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by fmarshal(m): 8:47am On Apr 18, 2017
countsparrow:
Some buyers have wahala, if they don't kill the delivery man they order for things they cant afford in 50years...

Payment on delivery is a privilege many online companies afford buyers, but some buyers stupidity and greed have ruined the whole idea...

I wonder if stores overseas does this payment on delivery bullcrap

Yup, they do.
Unfortunately it's only in our beloved 9ja that we have created issues with this system.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by Coolgent(m): 8:48am On Apr 18, 2017
No its not true, I just bought 1 item on Konga using pay on delivery option

1 Like

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by LionDeLeo: 8:48am On Apr 18, 2017
alignacademy:

How is "Payment on Delivery" the best for customers?

If you're like most Nigerians, you must have ordered from Amazon or AliExpress.

These guys will calmly take your money upfront while you wait patiently for your order.

If we can pay and wait for our goods from distant lands to arrive on schedule, then we can also pay and wait for our goods from here.

I see trust as the key issue.

And again let's make life easy for our delivery men. They need to get home alive.

The crux of the matter lies on the emboldened.

Besides, I have bought items from Amazon on "Payment on Delivery" several times and not in Nigeria, contrary to what some comments here are trying to say.

The only thing is that they don't accept cash, they come with POS, you swipe your ATM card and pay.

Meanwhile, if you sample the opinions of a cross section of the public, I doubt if anyone will prefer prepaid.

People use prepaid sometimes when there is no option of cash-on-delivery.

I do go on prepaid because sometimes Amazon will tell you there is no option for cash-on-delivery for some items.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by joey150(m): 8:50am On Apr 18, 2017
Lokoyen:

This ia Nigeria our thinking is different you know.What applies to america is not the same here.

Most sellers on Konga and JUmia are crooks. They packaged what u didn't order and send once you pay online. I was a victim of such and wen i made complaints to jumia it took them 2 weeks to resolve. Imagine!!!

This is what we use to justify all our shortcomings... Rather than fix issues we blame it on "this is Nigeria".

The white guys also needed time to perfect their system.

If we never start it..we'll never get it right. And trust me sellers would sit up if they knew theu would be held 100% accountable for fake or bad products.

Even in the abroad sometimes they send you the opposite of what you ordered grin
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by excanny: 8:50am On Apr 18, 2017
divineshare:
I tried different items on konga and i just discovered that they have indirectly discontinued it.

Too bad that some wicked folks it taking us back.

I dey vex.

It seems you like repeating your own mistake.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by Bisjosh(f): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2017
divineshare:
I tried different items on konga and i just discovered that they have indirectly discontinued it.

I dey vex.

No
its only for order above 100k

1 Like

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

The emboldened is the main substance here.

Besides, I have bought items from Amazon on "Payment on Delivery" several times and not in Nigeria, contrary to what some comments here are trying to say.

The only thing is that they don't accept cash, they come with POS, you swipe your ATM card and pay.

Thanks for sharing this.

I didn't know Amazon had the POD option and I speak from my experience as a home-based Nigerian.

Now that's the beauty of discussion!

1 Like

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

The emboldened is the main substance here.

Thanks for sharing this.

I didn't know Amazon had the POD option and I speak from my experience as a home-based Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by TinaAnita(f): 8:52am On Apr 18, 2017
Anything to protect the life of delivery man is acceptable.. But customers should get exactly what they order(ed) or money back guaranteed should be offered otherwise pay before delivery won't work.

1 Like

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by farellstone: 9:00am On Apr 18, 2017
joey150:

Because it's Nigeria...

Konga and Jumia are doing you guys a big favour and you people have claimed it as your right.

Amazon, eBay and the likes don't do pay on delivery.
what favour? Are they not making their money. Tell me, can u not get 90% if not all the stuffs u buy from them from common vendors on the street or in the market. Bro the benefits of POD is mutual. If they stop of which I'm sure they haven't, it's their loss I will enter grand mall to buy my rechargeable fan.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by lyntiffany(f): 9:01am On Apr 18, 2017
goshen26:
So sad.

This will negatively affect their sales, I think they could come up wit idea of no-entering-gate policy, that the delivery person should not go beyond the gate of the customer in question...

Achan made the whole Israel to suffer from little Ai... one bad Apple can cause a lot damage to the fruits
My thoughts too. It's in the delivery man's interest to stay off from the person's residential home,maybe an eatrey center in the area or an open place will be just fine. I always receive my goods in Kilimanjaro close to my place. That's how it should be done.

1 Like

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by ndubisik(m): 9:03am On Apr 18, 2017
Pay on delivery is the worst thing ever to happen to Nigerian e-commerce sector. I stand by this 100%
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by LionDeLeo: 9:04am On Apr 18, 2017
alignacademy:

Thanks for sharing this.

Actually, they have that option but not all their items. In some, they will tell you that option is not available. But the option is available for about 80%percent of their wares, with the POS mode of payment.

I have added this on this post you just quoted but it seems you had quoted before I made the addition.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by joey150(m): 9:10am On Apr 18, 2017
farellstone:
what favour? Are they not making their money. Tell me, can u not get 90% if not all the stuffs u buy from them from common vendors on the street or in the market. Bro the benefits of POD is mutual. If they stop of which I'm sure they haven't, it's their loss I will enter grand mall to buy my rechargeable fan.

grin
So countries where they pay online dont have malls or stores??..

How much do you think Jumia makes??..incase you didnt know Jumia ain't even profitable yet. At least not the e-commerce part yet.

Funny enough buying online is meant to even be cheaper..Infact the benefits are numerous.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by Cchuks27(m): 9:14am On Apr 18, 2017
Good development.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by Mavor: 9:15am On Apr 18, 2017
Lokoyen:

Same here too. The day i ordered a defected goods on line, i sworn never to pay online again. Wen dem no cut my legs. I go enter market.
lol

1 Like

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by koolguy88(m): 9:19am On Apr 18, 2017
That's no case. I usually pay with my verve card before delivery.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by nairaman66(m): 9:46am On Apr 18, 2017
Their loss!! No one would pay for something they haven't seen. Especially when these Konga guys deliver fake/substandard goods anyhow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by hope4life: 9:52am On Apr 18, 2017
divineshare:

I dey vex.
I don't think they should do that. I've bought many items from them based on payment after delivery system. They have agents resident in most places. The agents do go into the house. They park their bus while you go meet them. They have office nearest to you where you can go and complain on any issue
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by anyicash(m): 9:55am On Apr 18, 2017
"if change does not begin with you, then expect no change" ........we are all corrupt and evil minded..so don't always blame d Government, blame urselves too.

1 Like

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by fxbot: 10:00am On Apr 18, 2017
pbethel:
De should have pick up centers in diverse location within a state.
They used to have. I don't know what happened.

1 Like

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by Prinzyy: 10:07am On Apr 18, 2017
mikeycharles:
this is because of that guy that killed the jumia guy
do jumia still do pay on delivery ?
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by divineshare(m): 10:13am On Apr 18, 2017
[quote author=Dhayor001 post=55667148]@OP did you try clicking the "why" link?

Some products do not have this feature enabled because of the Vendor selling or because of your present address.

Click and revert.

Clicked on why and was told that the seller does not accept this payment mode.

I tried different sellers, different items then it doomed on me.

I am a big time Konga customer with along previous order record.

Even if they are afraid they shouldn't include an old time buyer like me.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 18, 2017
[quote author=pbethel post=55659754]De should have pick up centers in diverse location within a state.

Exactly what came to my mind when I watched the video of those stupid animals who killed the delivery man.

1 Like

Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by fxbot: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2017
alignacademy:

How is "Payment on Delivery" the best for customers?

If you're like most Nigerians, you must have ordered from Amazon or AliExpress.

These guys will calmly take your money upfront while you wait patiently for your order.

If we can pay and wait for our goods from distant lands to arrive on schedule, then we can also pay and wait for our goods from here.

I see trust as the key issue.

And again let's make life easy for our delivery men. They need to get home alive.

The Issue here is that Konga and Co need to build their TRUST badge.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by Xperience12: 11:16am On Apr 18, 2017
KingLennon:
This is done for security reasons to protect their staff. Pay on delivery was very good but some retards in Nigeria don't like things being simple. Now we the good ones suffer the consequences

I don't get. What do you have to suffer? Don't you have an atm card. Put your card details and pay
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by lorhema(f): 11:24am On Apr 18, 2017
Some of us only do payment on delivery. We are conservative. No apologies. When e-commerce took off in India, prepayment was required. Soon the sites realised that they weren't selling because buyers were conservative and wanted to see what they were paying for. Enter POD and e-commerce has not looked back.
If there isn't POD some of us will hold on to our money. After all the quality of the items supplied is sometimes very far from what was advertised.
Re: Konga Cancels Pay On Delivery Option. by KingsleyCEO: 11:28am On Apr 18, 2017
countsparrow:

Between after seeing, you're not comfortable, your money is still in your hand at this point and your money has gone out already, you don't like what you're seeing, you start following up on them... No way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Under-valued In Official, Parallel Forex Markets – Bismarck Rewane / How To Apply And Get Your Tin Number, Same Day Free Of Charge In Nigeria / Need A Courier Company To Handle Pay-on-delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.