Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? (17750 Views)

How Much Or What Documents Do I Need To Qualify For USA Business Visa? / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. / My First Time Outside Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by DeepEyes: 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
There are certain documents that are so easy to obtain while still within the border (like Birth certificate, court affidavit, police report, medicals etc- just examples), but become painstakenly difficult to obtain once you leave the shore. Some of these documents might even be overlooked as they arent that useful in Nigeria so no one bothers to obtain them, only to travel then suddenly you NEED them. So, for those who are frequent travellers, students or residents abroad, please share your experiences concering which documents You later Needed, and for what. Were u Lucky to already possess them or did u have to go through some crazy stressful process trying to procure them from home (Nigeria) etc? Just share ur experiences to save others the trouble.

Examples of situations where one MIGHT suddenly need some wierd old document:

Trying to join an exclusive organisation/association/community etc.
Applying for Certain types of jobs.
Applying for citizenship/residence permit/etc.
Things that require criminal record verification bla bla.
Signing up for ANYTHING within/with switzerland angry
Voting during Nigerian Elections
Completing school registration or signing up for a special course while schooling
Medical emergency

...... cant think of any other scenario now but Im sure you already get the idea. Please share ur experiences to save others any unnecessary hassle.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
b for book

3 Likes

Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by DeepEyes: 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
Finally sent the money to Musa, hoping and praying that my nigga wont suddenly decide to scam me and tell stories that touch.

He is a relaible friend, he got it done, thank God!!

Okay Musa go and scan the document and send to my email quickly pls. The grace period I was given is almost over. Abeg. Cant afford any delays.

Musas email finally arrived. Thank God.

Aaaaargghhh! Musa!! Who scanned this thing for u naa its not clear at all na!!! Shebi u have eyes!! angry

Musa Is silent on the phone lipsrsealed like one aboki I used to know...

Aboki!!!!!!! angry

Musa would have to go to town to re-scan and resend TOMORROW.

Finally getting to the centre now, they Say the grace period is over. Begging them like lives depend on it.

Sad that I cud have done this stuff in naija - EASILY undecided

Please what documents can put someone in such predicament.

2 Likes

Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by ip2121918021(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2017
Birth Certificate.
School Certificate.

Other docs like police report expire and turn invalid over time :/

2 Likes

Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by bettercreature(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2017
Don't travel with your credentials or any work or school related document if you are on social visa.Wouldnt like to read another story that touch.

10 Likes

Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by judecares1(m): 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
ask later
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by jaymejate: 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
Birth certificate and primary school certificate like our Oga at the top
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
Lolz
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by mikeycharles(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2017
Birth certificate ke wen that carbon dating​ thing dey
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by adeniyi3971(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2017
grin
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by Dottore: 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ok here we go:
NEPA Bill, house rent receipt, church tithe card, shop rite receipts, Tantalizer receipt, LASMA docket, Road Safety tags, DSTV payment voucher, school and lots more.

*Runs of of thread*

6 Likes

Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by banjeezay(m): 3:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
Book of life
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
Unabridged birth certificate
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by ipledge10(m): 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
Make sure you take your Nigeria drivers license with you
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by Omobolaji19(m): 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2017
I had to go through the stress of going to ikoyi just to get my police report but they haven't asked for any other yet... Already have my passport, birth certificate but no medical report cause they haven't asked for it. ...
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by SmartMugu: 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
It depends on what you're going abroad to do. Most people only need a passport with a valid visa on it, and a proof they can afford their stay if they intend to just visit. Those travelling for seminars definitely don't need birth certificates etc you highlighted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
this will actually be a very educative thread only if naija ninjas will flood here and educate us....
following. back 2back

2 Likes

Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by thunderbabs: 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ur Oluwole fake result
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
Page 0 since if na BBN people go full here.

3 Likes

Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by VickyRotex(f): 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy Op why you dey vex? cheesy

They only requested for my signature grin tongue tongue
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by Oladiran0o7: 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
Marriage certificate
Baptism certificate, especially if you are Catholic
Statement of result/ certificate
Immunizations record/ yellow fever booklet
Although these are not certificate, but you will definitely need them.
Driver's license
Token/ internet banking and atm

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by Pebcak: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Henryyy:
Page 0 since if na BBN people go full here.
Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
DeepEyes:
There are certain documents that are so easy to obtain while still within the border (like Birth certificate, court affidavit, police report, medicals etc- just examples), but become painstakenly difficult to obtain once you leave the shore. Some of these documents might even be overlooked as they arent that useful in Nigeria so no one bothers to obtain them, only to travel then suddenly you NEED them. So, for those who are frequent travellers, students or residents abroad, please share your experiences concering which documents You later Needed, and for what. Were u Lucky to already possess them or did u have to go through some crazy stressful process trying to procure them from home (Nigeria) etc? Just share ur experiences to save others the trouble.

Examples of situations where one MIGHT suddenly need some wierd old document:

Trying to join an exclusive organisation/association/community etc.
Applying for Certain types of jobs.
Applying for citizenship/residence permit/etc.
Things that require criminal record verification bla bla.
Signing up for ANYTHING within/with switzerland angry
Voting during Nigerian Elections
Completing school registration or signing up for a special course while schooling
Medical emergency

...... cant think of any other scenario now but Im sure you already get the idea. Please share ur experiences to save others any unnecessary hassle.

Thank you.

I have all my important documents in a folder. It includes my birth certificate, WAEC, Bachelors, Masters, etc. I have the folder with me when I am outside Nigeria. I call my folks if I need some other documents I don't have such as PCC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by barlinbuchi(m): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
VickyRotex:
cheesy cheesy cheesy Opi why you dey vex? cheesy
Just like some one said,it all depends on what ur traveling abroad to do,most of us working outside Nigeria are not making use of their educational credentials although it also depends on the country, but you may as well need to go with them should incase some thing comes up.but the most important document that seems like your life is a valid passport and your visa/ residency.most of the country's thinks our educational certificates are fake and were forged ,so they have to verify it bf they can offer you job based on your qualification.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? by ogbonti: 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
You are asking to be deported at the point of entry. Are you going with a visitor's visa? If it is, then why do you want to know document lists? Na wa! Later people will be saying Trump is wicked not allowing them in.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK / No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA / Nigeria Immigration Arrests Nine Illegal Immigrants Heading To Libya From Kano8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.