Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position (9417 Views)

Wike Decries The Role Of The Military In The 2019 Rivers Governorship Election / Osun State Governorship Debate 2018. / 2019: Rivers East Senatorial District Endorses Governor Wike For Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by franchizy(m): 10:32am On Apr 19, 2017
MXrep:

You still living in more delusions. how is Emeka from Oyigbo different from CHinedu from Ikwere or Ikechukwu from Etche. You people will wail till enternity if you continue in your delusions. Stop calling every igbo town an "ethnic nationlity" while lumping your self up, that is the begining of the solutions to your misery

Mtcheeeeeeeeew
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2017
[s]
Dfinex:

shettap there. .....U didn't see the the guy clogging the thread with "his igbo this igbo that" comments. why has he refused to address rivers state as a state but rather has his own definition (ijaw/igbo)...

what is that, if it is not all about Biafra ? or do u have comprehension problem?

[/s]

1 Like

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:40am On Apr 19, 2017
franchizy:

My brother our ijaw youths are really regreting their support for wike and im sure that come 2019 wike and PDP will not see their backs.

The ogonis have shown wike that they are united and come 2019 power must change hands.

My major worry are the Etches and omuma together with the Ndokis and oyigbo, if this tribes can allign fully with the ijaws i think no ikwerre man will occupy the brick house come 2019.

We ijaws have been duped, robbed, redicled, tossed hither and thither like birds without feathers,

Enough is Enough, no ijaw man, No brick house come 2019. Our sons can never be used again by wike and PDP. The enlightment have started with the decamping of our brother Duno Lulu Briggs.

Ijaw land will be librated again.
The enlightenment must go on. I pray the Ijaws present a strong candidate in 2019 because it is funny that we keep playing second fiddle in spite of our majority status

1 Like

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Goke7: 10:43am On Apr 19, 2017
This rivers matter don dey tire person o, I thought they were most united people in Nigeria grin

Today na fight, tomorrow na war, haba wetin! thought wike was the Mr Project Governor according to the VP osinbajo

yeye de smell grin
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Abagworo(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2017
Using "Ijaw" to replace Riverine has defeated the purpose of this write up. Abua, Odual, Engenni, Degema and Andoni are not Ijaw by hook or crook to start with and upland is equally multi-ethnic with some Okrika clans(Ijoid) , Eleme, Ogoni, Ekpeye and others.

Amaechi was faced with this dilemma of choice between Dakuku and Abbey but supported Dakuku because of the need for governorship to go riverine. The Riverine people should blame Patience Jonathan for selling out because of personal interest. She could have used same machinery to rig in Dumo from Kalabari instead of Wike from Ikwerre but it's all about self interest.

All in all Ikwerre is the majority ethnic group in Rivers State.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Goke7: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

The enlightenment must go on. I pray the Ijaws present a strong candidate in 2019 because it is funny that we keep playing second fiddle in spite of our majority status

oga, wike don offend you?
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by donmalcolm21(m): 10:44am On Apr 19, 2017
MXrep:

shut up, who needs oggogor drinking millitant with low achievement. this thread is not about biafra since that is only thing you use to upgrade your sense of importance
I'm thinking of joining words with you but it will be a waste of my valuable time.

I'm more Igbo than you can ever be but i get pissed with some of you kids penchant for putting your nose where it's not needed.

Get a life and do a lot of growing up

6 Likes

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by franchizy(m): 10:46am On Apr 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

This is the sole aim of the enlightment now, i believe the ijaws will present a credible candidate come 2019.

My own is that wike should start now to write his handover note as nothing will stop an ijaw man from taken over power come 2019.
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Afam4eva(m): 10:46am On Apr 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
If you like spend 100 years of your life in Rivers state, it doesn't and will NEVER make you a Riverian.

I was born in Lagos and I spent lots of years there, it doesn't make me a LAGOSIAN or a Yorubaman. In fact, my opinion on the political direction in Lagos is IRRELEVANT, I will only have the choice of voting for whoever parties present. Whether an Epe or Ikorodu man, it is for LAGOSIANS to decide.

Same applies to YOU! You are not a Rivers man and will NEVER be. I don't think whether Ijaw man cares who succeed Obiano, whether an Aguleri or Nnewi man. Politicians will always align with candidates of their party. You have to realise this HARD FACT!

As for my Kogi trip, it was a fight for justice of a friend and not a mission to dictate to Kogites their political direction... My Opinion don't count in that.
Atleast have the balls to quote me and stop doing it behind my back. I don't bite.

Btw, i never said i was a riverian and i don't think i'm interested in being one. I'm a proud Nwa afor Enugu. I only made mention of where i was born to let you know that even though i'm not a riverine, i have the right to comment on rivers issues the same way you have the right to comment on Kogi issues. Stop going to Kogi, you have no business there. Only comment on Rivers issues. You even had the enfrontery to comment on the Governor's mis governance and your mouth that drips oil from opposite sides has the temerity to tell me to stay off Rivers issues. Odika ibu onye isi mmebi.

10 Likes

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:53am On Apr 19, 2017
Goke7:

oga, wike don offend you?
Not really but one has to align with the aspiration of his people you know. If Ijaws say they want power to return to their land after 20 years of it in the hands of the upland, then I have no choice but to align. This I believe is even in the interest of Justice.

Is it not funny that both Governor and the Minister representing Rivers state are all Ikwerres?

1 Like

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by obailala(m): 11:16am On Apr 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Not really but one has to align with the aspiration of his people you know. If Ijaws say they want power to return to their land after 20 years of it in the hands of the upland, then I have no choice but to align. This I believe is even in the interest of Justice.

Is it not funny that both Governor and the Minister representing Rivers state are all Ikwerres?
Whatever happened to merit?

Meanwhile remember you can't eat your cake and still expect to have it. 2015 was the right time for this your ethnic-based wailing; the next right time is 2023, cos only a joker would expect a Wike (who 'they' say is working) to step down after one tenure. Pele!

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 11:17am On Apr 19, 2017
onyedikachukwue:

Etche should agitate to be carved back to Abia state
Why? any history shared? will it be any better?
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Goke7: 11:19am On Apr 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

oga, it was bound to be so due to the outcome of the 2015 elections, but I think this should be no problem as there are senators and house of rep members equally representing the interests of the ijaws from rivers state.

I wish you guys well in your quest but pls enough of the wars and destruction in rivers state. It's time for my ss brothers to be more politically aware and know the consequences of political choices at any given time. You can't be joined together to fight for a particular candidate against another and then in few years time starts fighting against that candidate you almost gave your life for previously. We don't want to hear wike saying that amaechi is planning with the ijaws to unseat him. You guys need to get your politics right for the sake of peace. One love sir.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:21am On Apr 19, 2017
obailala:
Whatever happened to merit?

Meanwhile remember you can't eat your cake and still expect to have it. 2015 was the right time for this your ethnic-based wailing; the next right time is 2023, cos only a joker would expect a Wike (who 'they' say is working) to step down after one tenure. Pele!
Not just any Ijaw but one with vision and credibility.

On Wike, nobody expects him to step down after one term, BUT if Rivers Ijaw play their card well and vote en mass for an Ijaw candidate, Wike will have no choice but to quit.
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:22am On Apr 19, 2017
MXrep:

Keep quiet and stop wailing at your self inflicted pain. This thread concern me fully because your wailing brothers said this. He mistakenly accepted that Ikwerres are igbos and compared Ikweres to Zik and Okpara as he compared rivers Ijaw to Bayelsa Ijaws.

9. To deny Rivers Ijaw the governorship of new Rivers State because Diete-Spiff and Okilo were governors of old Rivers State, is like denying Ikwerre the governorship because Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Dr. Michael Okpara and Odumegwu Ojukwu were premiers/military governor of old Eastern Region that included present Rivers State.

Nigeria geo-political zones are not ethnic boundaries. You either wake up to that fact or continue crying up and down.
Guy what is your problem with this topic Your rating all over the thread is irritating, you made your points at 1st page, please allow them to discuss their problems.

7 Likes

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:30am On Apr 19, 2017
Goke7:

oga, it was bound to be so due to the outcome of the 2015 elections, but I think this should be no problem as there are senators and house of rep members equally representing the interests of the ijaws from rivers state.

I wish you guys well in your quest but pls enough of the wars and destruction in rivers state. It's time for my ss brothers to be more politically aware and know the consequences of political choices at any given time. You can't be joined together to fight for a particular candidate against another and then in few years time starts fighting against that candidate you almost gave your life for previously. We don't want to hear wike saying that amaechi is planning with the ijaws to unseat him. You guys need to get your politics right for the sake of peace. One love sir.
Wise words.. I will prefer Ijaws to slug it out in the two major political parties
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by obailala(m): 11:35am On Apr 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Not just any Ijaw but one with vision and credibility.

On Wike, nobody expects him to step down after one term, BUT if Rivers Ijaw play their card well and vote en mass for an Ijaw candidate, Wike will have no choice but to quit.
You and I know that is absolutely impossible... From Delta to Bayelsa to Rivers to Akwa-Ibom, these states do not have any single form of opposition.
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by naijaking1: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2017
Afam4eva:

Mr man, nobody hates Ijaw. I don't know why you people consider objective analysis as hatred. If there's anyone with the hate, it is you.

If Ijaw is the largest group in Rivers state, one wonder why they're the ones calling for equity and justice. I've never heard of the majority group begging to be given a chance to govern a state. Since you're the majority, you should have the voting population to change the course to your favour.

Tell yourself the truth and live long.
It's because they hate everyone including themselves

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by pazienza(m): 11:49am On Apr 19, 2017
How exactly did Ndiigbo get involved in this thread?
Ndiigbo, please let's pick our battles carefully, we had no reason whatsoever to get involved in this thread.

Just my opinion anyway, I'm sure that Igbos that got involved in this thread are also entitled to their own opinions.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by nengibo: 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
MXrep:

Well afonjas and other ignorant folks can see from this your post that only Portharcourt environs changed names from UMU to RUMU by the greedy lazy Ijaws in a bid to de-igbonize PH and steal it. all hinterland retain their original UMU such as the places you mentioned above
Such a senseless statement is Rumu now Ijaw language?

1 Like

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by nengibo: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
otokx:
Is George Sekibo not an ijaw man?

These guys have sold themselves out, the Ikwerres will continue until they have developed every nook and cranny of their land and installed their people in every possible leadership position e.g. Vice Chancellors, Members of council, heads of parastatals, etc.

At best the ijaws can make road via federal level if they align with Dakuku and Amaechi but pride will not allow so let them be.

Wike will do a second term and handover to either Orashi or Ogoni person. The Opobo people don't consider themselves Ijaws per se.

Are you an Ibani man? Keep these your divisive ipob statements to yourself, is the vp of Iyc not from Opobo

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by nengibo: 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
otokx:
Is George Sekibo not an ijaw man?

These guys have sold themselves out, the Ikwerres will continue until they have developed every nook and cranny of their land and installed their people in every possible leadership position e.g. Vice Chancellors, Members of council, heads of parastatals, etc.

At best the ijaws can make road via federal level if they align with Dakuku and Amaechi but pride will not allow so let them be.

Wike will do a second term and handover to either Orashi or Ogoni person. The Opobo people don't consider themselves Ijaws per se.

Are you an Ibani man? Keep these your divisive ipob statements to yourself, is the vp of Ijaw youth council not from Opobo

1 Like

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by nengibo: 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2017
gocac:
what a shameful, misleading, very divisive and useless write up! what is the meaning of Rivers Ijaw? where has it ever been spoken or heard of? to set the record straight, if the kalabari and okrika man thinks this new name they are bearing (Rivers ijaw) would help them, they should have a rethink. bayelsa state as a whole put together is not and can never be equated to the population of the ogonis, etchesand ikwerres in Rivers state put together, while ikwerre alone have over 54 % of Rivers land mass and an over whelming majority as long as Rivers state is concerned this can be verified officially. the ogonis and etches have over 41% of Rivers land mass, the remaining 5% belongs to the so called rivers ijaw. plz note that my statistics which is also verifiable is based on land mass,not rivers or creeks.
it is pitiable that an okrika man and a kalabari man would want to terminate their identity, (extinction of their identity which is okrika and kalabari) respectively, for a new name rivers ijaw,lol... for the records there is nothing like Rivers ijaw! this (join body) strategy or ploy is dead on arrival. if you think your a rivers man and at the same time an ijaw man, please start relocating to bayelsa that is where you will be a Governor in 2019. not in rivers state.

1. in the interest of equity and justice other ethnic groups in Rivers must have a taste of the brick house.

2. the ogonis have not tasted and must have a taste after an ikwerre man or an etche man.

3. an etche man is also entitled to have a taste of the brick house after an ikwerre man or ogoni man.

4. the Kalahari's and okrika's as far Rivers state is concern is and remains a minority.

5. the okrikas have had a taste of the brick house even as a minority that is less than 3% of Rivers population, so what do they want when the ogonis,etches, ahaodas, e.t.c. are yet to have a taste??

6. for the records the riverine population is less than 16% of rivers population. this is why they have resorted to come in a new name rivers ijaw, this is purely a shameful political calculation that cant work in Rivers state, like it worked in delta state.
(join join body, give yourselves a name that would make you look big) lol.... wise one though.

7. for the records, no riverine man can be a Rivers Governor in River state, without winning in ikwerre land, ogoni land and etche land. fact! so dont waste your time ,verifiable so just tell yourselves the gospel truth.

8. if you are ijaw, why were you not carved into bayelsa state

9. on the issue of how peter odili who is from ndoni, a very small minority became a gov in rivers state, i want to put it straight, this was a political ploy by the riverine to further keep the majorities, like the ikwerres, ogonis and etches out of power. due to their over whelming dominance in river politics and desire to hold sway. because as at 1999 even as a minority the riverine had all the political gladiators, king makers, who were detecting for every single rivers son and daughter including the the then Gov Odili. if i am wrong, why was an ogoni or even an etche man not anointed Gov by the riverine?
even if you were scared of the ikwerres who were and is the outright majority in Rivers state.
who even signed or fabricated that lies, evil and injustice called upland and riverine dichotomy?
has that your evil dichotomy ever worked in rivers state?
so when you the riverine were busy taking turns in the brick house why did you not apply upland and riverine dichotomy?

10. it does not matter which ethnic group is gov or not, the most important thing is a gov that would deliver.

11. please stop feeling marginalized, because you were able to monopolize and marginalize the majorities of rivers state with your less than 16% population.

finally,please note that the ijaws left rivers state in 1996 when bayelsa was carved out if rivers state by Gen sani abacha. so dont deceive yourselves with that slongan (Rivers ijaw), lol.... funny people. you are kalabari, you are okrika. lol, no change of name, no document in Rivers state has Rivers ijaw.
if you were ijaw as you claim you wouldn't have been left behind by the ijaws,
It is a Rivers state for all... kalabaris and okrikas please it would get to your turn, wait for your turn, There are still other ethnic groups aside ikwerres that have not tasted the brick house. you have enjoined it for many many years before now, dont blame anybody for your under development.
Long live Rivers state!
Long live Nigeria!
Do you know the difference between a clan and a tribe?
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Dfinex(f): 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
iSlayer2:

Lol....e pain am
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Dfinex(f): 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
donmalcolm21:
No comment

my friend no vex, that ur brother just dey misyarn on top matter wey no concern am.
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Dfinex(f): 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
MXrep:

I am not the one wailing on this thread, the tall order is for your wailing ass to cure your minority status in Rivers

ijaw minority in rivers state??...smh . U are just irredeemable.
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
BRIGHTRIVERS:
I support this. I'm Etche,but I don't know if Etche will ever be given the chance to Rule Rivers state. Go to Okehi,Odufor,Egwi and the rest. The kind of violence and bad roads especially seen in Odufor is out of this world. I Dont think there's a single tarred road in umukanukwu,Umuobiri,and a number of places. The roads are just too poor because of total negligence on the part of our leaders. The better we are given the chance to Rule and curb several youth violence calling themselves umuoma,the better for us all in the state.
They see you as an Igboman so need to extend the hand of developent to your land. Go to Obi-igbo during rainy season, you will weep at the level of neglect over the years. But thank God, Wike is already doing something about it.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Dfinex(f): 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
MXrep:

This mischief is why you will wail forever in RIvers, look at how your ogogoro brain brother exposed himself
9. To deny Rivers Ijaw the governorship of new Rivers State because Diete-Spiff and Okilo were governors of old Rivers State, is like denying Ikwerre the governorship because Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Dr. Michael Okpara and Odumegwu Ojukwu were premiers/military governor of old Eastern Region that included present Rivers State.

hahaha. ...just like u are gonna wail forever in Nigeria. U are even in a far worse situation. ..Lol
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
MXrep:

Wow, wow wow, I love you soo much for finally accepting the truth. If your mischievous ijaw brother can do same there would be no issues. all part of SE rotate governorship peacefully[b] but the troublesome ijaw[/b] laid the foundation of Rivers with ethnic acrimony that later turn out to favor igbos
Guy, I'm sure you've been called to order by one brother here. You can make your point without "name-calling". You are putting us on bad spotlight.
Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Dfinex(f): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2017
MXrep:

stop consoling yourself. your riverine shit hole is in wailing mode. stop diverting our attention to BIafra

U know I will be so impressed if u can divert this energy and enthusiasm u are displaying on this thread into the actualization of your Biafra dream.

U can even start by making sure an Igbo man becomes a president in 2019 cos the last time I checked an Igbo has not ruled this country since this democratic dispensation.

that just reminded me of the biblical advice - "remove the moth in ur eyes first before trying to remove the speck in ur brothers eyes"

1 Like

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Why? any history shared? will it be any better?
Etche was actually carved out from old Imo State to Rivers State. Ngo Okpala is still Etche remaining in Imo State.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
pazienza:
How exactly did Ndiigbo get involved in this thread?
Ndiigbo, please let's pick our battles carefully, we had no reason whatsoever to get involved in this thread.

Just my opinion anyway, I'm sure that Igbos that got involved in this thread are also entitled to their own opinions.
That MXrep is something else. He is not representing Igbos interest on this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economy Grows 5% In Q2 2021 — Strongest Since 2014 / Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial / APC Youth Attacked By PDP Thugs In Benue For Criticising Ex-governor Suswan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.