Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Share Your Challenges As A First-born - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Challenges As A First-born (27345 Views)

My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family / What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by emperormossad(m): 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
montezz:
If I start to talk......
Being the first child no be beans at all.
Where do I start sef?

K'Olorun tete pick call mi ni
Lemme call him for you with my landline. I get direct access as him pikin.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by sharpwriter(m): 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
Olabenayo:
It's just like something spiritual is attached to the issue of first born...
You are talking.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Maxcollins042(m): 10:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
darbeelicous:
so sombori cannot joke in peace again?? Who said anything about going far or near?
I'm on my way to my high places right here in my comfort zone! Garrit??
Na you sabi
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by johntaiwo123(m): 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2017
kk
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Valkyr: 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2017
PublicAssurance:
my name CHUKWUUUUDIIIII is the most shouted name.

Haha. Name sake

Are you docile like me?
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by darbeelicous(f): 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
angry
Maxcollins042:

Na you sabi
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by kadunaspecial: 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
First born comes with a lot of challenges,first from your parent then your siblings.i tell you to be a first born you have to be responsible because even your parent look up to you. or else you'll be term "katon banza"but i thank God for every reponsibility he has giving me the ability.Glory be his holy name

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by emperormossad(m): 10:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
Talk2Bella:
grin

try being the first and only daughter

I still de do NYSC and my uncle is already telling me I'd train some of his kids in SCH

me wey never get job SMH

honestly it's worse when you're Igbo

Anyway we are just two one boy one girl I'm d last
Sister, you're lucky you aren't the first child. Congrats.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by joyberry(f): 10:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
Well am the first daughter, HV an elder bro but its not esy for me oh,like the second mom in d house,unnecessary expectations from your family. What makes mine annoying was I lost my elder sis when I was just fourteen, and that mantle just fell on me.its was like everything they expected from her was now my responsibility to fulfill. Also annoying comparison BTW me and my sis.am this quiet indoors, introverted person while she is d opposite, my mom is always you too dull,not smart, your sis might marry before you and all .To make matters worse,had an issue in school, Hv to start over again while sis is in final ur.double stress from them.and my mom always making remarks about my late sis in my presence, at your age, she was this and that. Its pisses me off,most times I just get depressed and all, but optimistic to God that everything would work out for good. Applied for the Airforce, hopefully its works out for me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Escobapablo(m): 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
I am first of 5. The most memorable thing I recall growing up as first is d flogging by my dad. At one point, flogging wasn't enough, it changed to me being a punching bag, then I turned to football. Then when I was to hand over, it stopped. Maybe he figured it wasn't d best approach. However, I am glad I went thru all that. I Wuld hv turned out to be worse. God will keep blessing you dad. I totally understand.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Valkyr: 11:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
Maychang:

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, the challenges and how tough it has been as a first born child.

I often heard that many of us go through a lot of challenges which could be fustrating and sometimes, lead to depression.

I also know a handful of my kind who have found it hard in every area of Life- Job, Marriage... infact all areas of life.

I remember how hard it was to scale through secondary school- i remember staying at home for 2 terms for school fees. Even gaining admission to the university was very tough- it was just as though the devil was so interested in my case. After years of struggling , I finally gained admission to the university with many challenges as well.

Now, to the Glory of God Im out of school, Nysc certified, patching up with a small scale company- yet i dont feel satisfied with
what Life has offered me. I feel cheated and its annoying when you have to struggle to get jobs with youths who had graduated at age 20/21... and you are just there looking for vacancies that has no age barrier.

My pastor once said i needed to pray well because the devil targets the first born of the family. he said i had to run to God to rescue me. Well...I did pray for many years but things are worse.

I look at my younger brother sometimes and see how well things went for him; most times without stress. I look at other families as well and see how the younger ones are faring well compared to the Eldest. Its really depressing.

Why is Life not fair to us?

Jesus is the first born of God's people (how exactly do they put it in theology)...I don't think he found things funny..

Has your mother laid her hands on you? You are the first fruit of her womb...
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Maxcollins042(m): 11:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
darbeelicous:
angry
O obere ihea m kwuru ka ahu ji agbaka GI? o buru na I guru ihe m dere ofuma I ga ahu na mu dere "most of you", asighim na o bu unu nile. Iwe GI Adina oku nwanyi oma.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by gcof(m): 11:04pm On Apr 18, 2017
dhantey324:
I think the challenge is worse when you are Igbo.
When I was young, I remember being flogged for not fighting for my younger brother. But in my mind, I was like, na him find trouble na! Mumsy no wan hear o!
While in uni, I heard things like, you have to sacrifice for your younger ones. Meanwhile, owu dey blow me. But they will get the monthly update before me and they will still be looking up to you.
S/o to every first child out there! E no easy!
No room for errors, you just have to get it right. Talking about challenges, I don't even know where to start from. But I love it sha grin tongue
exactly. No matter what the challenges are, I love it

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by gregyboy(m): 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
dhantey324:
I think the challenge is worse when you are Igbo.
When I was young, I remember being flogged for not fighting for my younger brother. But in my mind, I was like, na him find trouble na! Mumsy no wan hear o!
While in uni, I heard things like, you have to sacrifice for your younger ones. Meanwhile, owu dey blow me. But they will get the monthly update before me and they will still be looking up to you.
S/o to every first child out there! E no easy!
No room for errors, you just have to get it right. Talking about challenges, I don't even know where to start from. But I love it sha grin tongue

lol.i feel ur pain yea it also happened to me d day i came back from skul without my younger sister i was flogged like jesus christ and told never to leave your younger ones alone

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by darbeelicous(f): 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
warefa...... angry
Maxcollins042:

[s]O obere ihea m kwuru ka ahu ji agbaka GI? o buru na I guru ihe m dere ofuma I ga ahu na mu dere "most of you", asighim na o bu unu nile. Iwe GI Adina oku nwanyi oma.[/s]
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
I'm the last. I'm the baby. wink

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by montezz(f): 11:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
emperormossad:

Lemme call him for you with my landline. I get direct access as him pikin.
I dey wait
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by montezz(f): 11:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
Taryur3:

Reply your dm
Done!
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Maxcollins042(m): 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
darbeelicous:
warefa...... angry
dorrrrrrrrr
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by athorello(m): 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
My experience in the ministry....

Hmm! Papa constitute almost football team for ground come waka leave us cry embarassed
Former former bae: I will wait and manage with you shocked grin
Ex bae: the money you're sending home monthly is too much. undecided shocked (when things soft small)
Bae: baby I'm scared shocked
Now that only God's grace is sustaining me as I'm job hunting, one of my younger sis be like don't be complaining, you know you're our father now... And I be like go find husband now o...at least if he double all the money I've spent on your head for me you'll be good to go. grin
My brethren, it's not easy but the special grace of the Almighty will see us through.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Nickymezor(f): 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
Here to read comments, I aint the first born tho.Na the opposite I be smiley
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by GloriaNinja(f): 11:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
sharpwriter:

Babe, I find you come here... how are you my love? kiss
I'M DOING GREAT, WHAT ABOUT YOU?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by emperormossad(m): 11:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
Stephanie1235:
Well am not a firstborn tho. buh I know what it feels to because of my senior brother, you guys are trying seriously it's even in the bible set during the time of moses when they were asked to kill a lamb am put the blood on their door as a mark of touch not I guess. It was Pharaoh's son that suffered it since he was the first born. Well I thank God tho because unlike my brother I was\am very lucky. He suffered since from childbirth and his still suffering now sef. What I got with ease he suffered to get. even most churches sef this days they hold prayer for firstborns, Anointing for firstborn and stuff. God bless y'all firstborns out there you guys are the best
My sister, God bless you for this timely piece! To be first born no be the only problem, if you are a male, kasala don burst be that. Our issues no dey get part 2.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
where do I start from?All I can say is dat I don't pray to be a first born in my next life, and the life after that.The pressure is limitless.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Mayorranking1(m): 11:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
Especially When You Are Also An SS. Its Nt Easy.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Optimist88(m): 11:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
I thought I'm the only first born in Nigeria passing through all these stuff!
Sometimes I looked at my siblings and ask God why I came first but He's the beginning and the ending so I surrender all to Him.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by emperormossad(m): 11:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
Kdiva:
it's always like that.. plus it's more challenging when you're the first child and a female.
No being a female ain't as challenging as a male. Trust me, the way devil dey antagonize first males ehhn, if he devotes half that time to others, our world will be a whole lot more reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by desmondneke(m): 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
I dont even knw if mine is a challenge or external family palava...I am d first son but currently my younger one is doing is nysc while I am still waiting fr 1smelling lecturer to free me alone fr the past 3yrs..........e knw easy o

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by emperormossad(m): 11:34pm On Apr 18, 2017
montezz:

I dey wait
Baba never pick oo. E be like say angel Michael dey discuss state of the nation with am. Don't worry, He knows what you want before you even ask. Peace!
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by ChubbychummyICE(f): 11:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
Well well well!!! what do I say? I'm d first born and d only girl of d four of us, from an average or do I say below average home sef, being d first born has been a good experience, I've tasted it all, I've been d best, the average and d worst in different works of life most especially in my acada. I know my parents spent so much on me in my school especially my uni, coz I didn't gain admission immediately coz of distractions not because I am dull, nd after which I still wasn't focused in college u know d end of d story nd what wud b my reward for losing focus...
My problem wasn't devil ooo if I read well God has blessed me with understanding and retentive memory but I realized myself nd knew d only oda thing to do was to go back restrategize get focused backed up with prayers coz I know wia am coming from, whom I am, and wia am going to.
I made so many mistakes for my younger ones and dey didn't have to make d mistakes I made coz I kept telling dem, oh dis was my mistake dat landed me here so dnt do same thank God, God helped dem to listen. Av stayed 3yrs plus after nysc still looking for job, wud tell my story wen its complete meanwhile my younger ones won't stay 1yr b4 getting jobs, dats my sacrifice for being d first.
*U can call me up for lands at ibeju-lekki 08138998395 u can get for as low as 600k nd very close to dangote refineries grab urs before d price goes higher*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by montezz(f): 11:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
lilyheaven:
Ah, I have 5 younger sisters,
All my clothes belong to them, sometimes I look for my pant and bra, everything I have is good in there eyes,
And when I get angry with them daddy will say , " she is your little baby" now , I have to share my pocket money with them even when they have their's
I can relate.
Dunno why she keeps taking my bra. Kid sisters ehn.
The boys too. They can frustrate you ehn. I settle fights every now and then.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by SexyNairalander: 11:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
its never been easy being a first born

your younger once always expect the best from you plus your parents don't expect you to Bleep up

first born are known to take a lot of sacrifice which am currently facing now cos my junior bro is staying with me. . .it ain't easy mhen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Want My Husband To Be Impotent / 72-year-old Granny Having An Incestuous Affair With Her Own Grandson / Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.