Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,353 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? (14317 Views)

Met My Son For The First Time Today - Photos / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / Share Your Challenges As A First-born (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by todaynewsreview: 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
Parenting to some persons is all 'bed of roses' while to many others has enormous challenges to contend with. More often, such challenges are easily noticed by first time parent(s). With this premise, let's begin sharing our experiences as a first time parent or even as grand parent (s). What are some of your major challenges as a parent? I hope intending parents and everyone will have a lot to learn from this thread. I plead with oga Seun, lalasticlala and moderators to 'homepage' this thread.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by todaynewsreview: 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
My own challenges.....

Giving more times to prayers for my baby especially when carried by someone you're not comfortable with, or visiting somewhere with mum you don't like....

Frequent purchase of Pampers, Cerelac among others becoming a must.......

As I remember others, I will update....

My take: "parenting no be beans," it takes much more than just giving birth. It is an entire world of its own. It gives you a "life time responsibility."

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Desdemona(f): 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
Parenting to anyone is never a complete bed of roses. It changes you; you become an entirely different person. You must ensure that you love your spouse more even when your new kid(s) need the attention more. Multi-tasking becomes a norm.

On the bright side, the ability to love just anyone becomes natural.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
I'm not a parent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by nnamdibig(m): 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2017
Taking care of twins(a boy and a girl) with only me & wify combined with work that you have to spend 12hrs of the day at the office

24 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by lonelydora: 10:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
The sleepless nights I endured every night when my wife gave birth to our first child. It wasn't easy at all, remembering you will go to work next day .

Buying of Golden Morn,pampers, and stuffs. Most times, wifey just call and say "Please darling, on your way back buy bla bla bla. And those things might cost up to 5-8k. They don't even ask if you have money with you where you are. This one annoys me most but what can you do nah? God over everything shaa

Enduring the 'scattered' house as kids play around. Myself and wifey always arranging, putting things in their right places in the whole house. Thank God my kids are not destructive but they scatter things a lot. Usually happens when you have a Boy as first child.

Meanwhile in remembrance of Easter

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by damilolammm(m): 10:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by jolof33: 10:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
taking care of the family in recession

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Mentcee(m): 10:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
God bless young parents

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by EKITI001: 10:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
hmmmm... brb
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
What about the transparent grin

I know my joke is lame but it's based on logistics

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by piperson(m): 10:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
Poo oo! they'll just be dropping shit everywhere, in the sitting room, kitchen everywhere, one has this habit of pooing anytime we put on his napkin, he'll shit,

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by nicerod(m): 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2017
Aaah

I Neva born

But we shall all eat the fruits of awa labour

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2017
Every parent biggest challenge should be their kid from when given birth to when they are older .

1. On given birth
This is a very challenging period for every new parent. Parents find it difficult to sleep because the baby won't sleep either until there is finally some magic ways discovered to pull through this one , which happens to be very difficult. Most new parents that are busy try to solve this problem by employing a baby sitter , even tho it works for some I won't advise new parents to take this step . Sure it has it disadvantages and advantages.

2. On feeding
Feeding a baby especially for new parent can be challenging as it is their first time , there are trail moment grin like biting while been fed , crying etc and unless your baby is a super baby cool they can go hours without getting hungry again. Unfortunately, no super babies not for new parents grin .baby Brest milk is normally digested within half an hour this allowing them to be hungry in about an hour , so do your imagination and find how stressful this is for new parent..

3. On childbirth recovery
Child birth isn't as easy as importing goods grin Atleast not for new parents or should I say mothers , I don't know how well to stress this , all I know is, it normally take a while for most mothers to recover from childbirth ,so , under the circumstances of new parents it could take years grin just kidding . But recovery from childbirth is also a challenge for new Parents .

4. On older children
Ok now the kids are grown or no longer babies and needs control and routines.. New parents find it very challenging on how to control even if it is something they must do . But many of them fall under the circumstances of doing it the wrong way... that's a different topic . New parent face challenges on this part very much , getting the kids to do what they want them to do without having to disrespect their feelings n their kids feelings can be something very challenging for new parents.

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by maverickdude(m): 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2017
Make i pitch my tent here and learn one or two things cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by PresVA: 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2017
Reduced freedom and added responsibilities. ..

but it's all for good.. smiley

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by goshen26: 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
Following
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by vatiqan(m): 10:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
None yet but my pregnant wife has really spurred me to prepare for the challenges ahead. She's more or less the wife, mother and baby right now. It took me 5 hrs to prepare a pot of soup last week cos the sherriff wanted it!

30 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by shregscorner(m): 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
Here to read comments
Meanwhile,, check out thus hilarious comedy,, ,please dont forget to subscribe and like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8OJsyv4ipg
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by YhungPablo(m): 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
Am still a bachelor
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by babyfaceafrica: 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lolz
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by theway83: 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2017
it's not easy, mine is playing with twins like two hours!crying in the middle night and tight diapers for them.I saw hell but I thank God today because they are one year plus nw.

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Tazdroid(m): 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2017
I'm not really a parent per se but I have been in that position for a while. To be honest, it's no child's play. It is one of the toughest jobs for which you get no salary. Your head could get seriously messed up in a million different ways owing to the demands and pressure. I guess it's good that I'm learning.

Angeleena:

ehn,no vex which position, be that??, na unto baby mama and papa things?innocent question ooo..
grin innocent question? Eh, meet 2baba na wink

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Angeleena(m): 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2017
nnamdibig:
Taking care of twins(a boy and a girl) with only me & wify combined with work that you have to spend 12hrs of the day at the office
lol...papa ejima,papa ibeji...and you are here typing... haaa,ur ejima dey call you...lol big daddy..
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Hollasmall: 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2017
Kids doing wield things

15 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2017
To my understanding, it isn't easy but you will definitely pull through depending on your preparation before marriage.
Well, i'm not a parent yet. I'll be a parent in 6years so make I stop here.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by ellamines(f): 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
It feels like almost everything in my life revolves around the child. When I hear her let out even a small cry, all of my all my senses are on alert. After all I go through to keep her satisfied and comfortable, her smile is my biggest reward. It's worth it. kiss

29 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by oseiwe(m): 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
When a gf came over for a weekend a certain time in the past, I know say to be a parent no easy.
Children will not let you have rest of mind. They want to explore and spoil your belongings. I prefer infants and toddlers. Still expecting to be a daddy sha, when the Child is grown, straight to boarding house.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Tazdroid(m): 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
lonelydora:
The sleepless nights I endured every night when my wife gave birth to our first child. It wasn't easy at all, remembering you will go to work next day .

Buying of Golden Morn which is now 1300 and pampers.

Enduring the 'scattered' house as kids play around. I am always arranging, putting things in their right places in the whole house. Thank God my kids are not destructive.
nna, that pampers aspect dey do me for body. My cousin wey just clock one sabi shiiiiiiit. HEY! If I just change him diapers, in the next 30 mins , e don download anoda "album" grin grin... And e go look me dey smile...me too no get choice but to smile and change him up grin the young shall grow

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by oodua1stson: 10:21pm On Apr 11, 2017
The only few hiccups I had were not sleeping well as I had to help my wife midnight. She doesn't sleep much herself so I wake up around 2/3 to help her so she can sleep a bit.

And then my son crying too. I hate baby cries like anything.but once I carry my son he stops cheesy

9 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by asala1: 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
It is very difficult! The first few months, you suffer sleep deprivation. Anytime we put our baby to sleep at night, we feel like we just set a countdown timer.

After the first 3 months when the baby starts to sleep longer, you will begin to enjoy your sleep again.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm Thinking Of Walking Out Of My Marriage / How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? / I Have A Problem With My Husband Brother Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.