Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke (882 Views)

INEC Reacts To Tribunal Ruling On Diri's Sack,says ANDP Candidate Was Ineligible / Bayelsa Election Tribunal Ruling : Seriake Dickson Urges For Calm / Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by Urukpe: 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
A former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu, escaped Federal Government’s appeal of his victory at the Code of Conduct Tribunal due to the benevolence of a former Attorney-General of the Federation, Bello Adoke, the latter has claimed.
Mr. Adoke said in an interview with The Cable that he prevailed on the Nigerian government to step down appeal process against Mr. Tinubu, after the tribunal in 2011quashed the APC chieftain’s trial for alleged operation of foreign accounts.
“Even I am told that the Tinubu people think I was the one responsible for his trial at the Code of Conduct Bureau, but I was not the one.
“In fact, when the government wanted to appeal, I stood my ground that Tinubu should not be disgraced.
“I argued that there are people in Nigeria that we just cannot afford to rubbish over anything,” Mr. Adoke said while responding to questions about why the anti-graft EFCC is trying him for his alleged role in the $1.3 billion Malabu scandal.
The ex-justice minister used the interview to deny any wrongdoing, despite his indictment and investigation by Nigerian and Italian authorities.
Mr. Adoke, who was AGF between April 2010 and May 2015, did not say if he made entreaties to relevant authorities before the government slammed a three-count criminal charge against Mr. Tinubu.
Tinubu docked [Picture: Information Nigeria]
The former Lagos governor was tried before the CCT, led by Danladi Umar, on charges that he was running foreign bank accounts while governor, in violation of Section 7 of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act.

But on November 30, 2011, Mr. Umar, who chaired a three-member panel that tried the case, dismissed the Nigerian government’s charges, describing them as a “trial by ambush.”
“There is condition precedent before this court that the accused person ought to have been invited by the CCB before this charge was filed, though the prosecuting counsel tendered the initial one-count charge dated March 22, which it eventually replaced with an amended charge dated September 19 but filed on the 20th, as an exhibit before this court, it, however, failed to adduce evidence of invitation it extended to the accused person prior to the charge.
“Consequently, it will be proper for me at this stage to cease further exercise of jurisdiction since the condition precedent was not met before the charge was filed,” Vanguard Newspapers quoted Mr. Umar as saying at the time.
Yet, Mr. Adoke said the Jonathan administration was planning to appeal the verdict at the time, but he intervened to hush up the case, even at the risk of appearing to be working for the opposition.
“Tinubu knows very well that I did that,” Mr. Adoke said. “There was nothing legally possible that Tinubu wanted that I did not do for him, which made people even accuse me of working for the opposition at that time.”
Mr. Adoke’s comments came nearly a year after Mr. Umar said he came under “serious influence” to discard Mr. Tinubu’s case, but said he ultimately did what was in the best interest of the country.
“I want to say that during the case of Bola Tinubu, we were under serious influence so we did what we had to do,” the CCT chairman said, stressing that the tribunal “did what it had to do”.
Mr. Tinubu’s spokesperson, Tunde Rahman, did not immediately respond to PREMIUM TIMES’ requests for comments about Mr. Adoke’s statement Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/229017-i-foiled-tinubus-trial-code-conduct-tribunal-ruling-former-agf-adoke.html

1 Share

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
$1.3 Billion Malabu Scandal
Running foreign bank accounts while governing

Why confess now? Man deserve to be in Jail
That's why Saraki didn't take Code of conduct thing serious. They have all been there for each oda back 2 back.

Na we be the audience.

Lemme get my whistle first

2 Likes

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by Cornel101: 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
If he actually influenced the outcome of the case against tinubu by the FG,then he has no reason to rot in jail.

1 Like

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by Young03(m): 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2017
And u think ur doing the right thing by telling us now
go sidon oga

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by Aufbauh(m): 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
If Adoke's information is actually right then it shows the kind of corrupt system run during the regime of GEJ.

If his confession is accurate which i doubt much, then he should be arrest and prosecute for aiding an accused and abetting justice.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
obstruction of justice is a liable offence sir. Those who speak the truth when it favours them are chronic liars.

1 Like

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by Elkay3: 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
Let us for arguing sake assume it's true, does this man know the implications of that?

1 Like

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by three: 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
At no point in his career as AGF does it appear that this man worked for the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by Ehiscotch(m): 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
This man has just exhibited stupidity.
You saved Tinubu's ass because of common disgrace?
So, it doesn't matter if he was guilty or not?
But if the same happened nau, many will claim he is being persecuted because of his strong opposition.
There are two ways about this:
If Tinubu was guilty & you prevented justice , then you failed your office & whatever you stand for as AGF.
If he wasn't then you should have said so, rather than saying you prevented this and that because of embarrassment.
Either ways you & the person that appointed you are stupid.

3 Likes

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by seunmsg(m): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
What's the correlation between this revelation and the Malabu scam that Adoke is being investigated for? Adoke should address the corruption surrounding the Malabu deal and stop beating around the bush.

You did not stop the actual trial at the court of first instance but you stopped the appeal. If Tinubu had lost at the CCT, he will be gloating about how he successfully prosecuted and convicted a big thief.

EFCC should go ahead and prosecute Adoke and any other person found guilty in the Malabu scam. No thief is too big to be tried. Tinubu was tried at the CCT and he won. Adoke, Etete, GEJ and all those that benefited from Malabu should be prosecuted accordingly.

3 Likes

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by Babacele: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
Saraki's, Wike's and FFK's style..... accuse them of fraud against the state and their only defence is to start 1 yeye story bringing Amaechi or Tinubu's name without any revelance to the accusations. ...Oga tell us what you know about Malabu.

2 Likes

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by gbegemaster(m): 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
“I argued that there are people in Nigeria that we just cannot afford to rubbish over anything,” Mr. Adoke said while responding to questions about why the anti-graft EFCC is trying him for his alleged role in the $1.3 billion Malabu scandal.

It's unfortunate that this APC government that lacks direction has found a scape goat in GEJ.
Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by sarrki(m): 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
Pure thrash
Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by genearts(m): 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
Another proof of GEJ's buffoonery

1 Like

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by TheFreeOne: 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
So in essence you are saying Tinubu owes you his freedom and should have been behind bars.?

But do not expect him to reciprocate the gesture now o cos I can't see him doing such so just face ya wahala and sort yaself out at the law courts.

But if you are willing to switch sides just buy yaself a broom and start singing the gospel of change according to APC then the sword will pass over you and you'll become a new saintly creature to dine at the table of the cabals/grass cutters in the Rock.

You may have done what you did for political exigencies but you still sounds stupid for failing to do your job and admitting it publicly. Idiot.
Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by maclatunji: 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
Young03:
And u think ur doing the right thing by telling us now

go sidon oga

And this was a former Attorney General of Nigeria? Not very smart to be honest.
Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by GodProtectIgbox(f): 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by ndcide(m): 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2017
I expect a radical lawyer to take this up and nail this man...

Well, that's what is happening now in buhari's government. At last no one ends up in jail.

2 Likes

Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
Perversion of justice.This is an abuse of the law to favour some people.
Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by ojobek: 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2017
As far as am concerned.this man av to b arrested and Tinubu's case av to b revisited.
Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by muyibaba222(m): 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
This man has very reason to be jailed if this is true. Enemy of state
Re: How I Foiled Tinubu Further Trial After Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling — Adoke by gberra: 7:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
I am quite pleased thus far sanity is taking over this thread.

A reminder when Dasuki was arrested, he also claimed he worked for Buhari. Mu'azu reportedly worked for Buhari. In the same vein, Adoke, a very corrupt ass robbed Nigerians off justice in favour of Tinubu.

Whenever they are about to pay through their ass, they begin to play the Emotional card. It's either a case of one infirmity from their village grandmother or how best they've been your buddies climbing your political ladder.

Now the table is turned. Stealing is now Corruption.

SILENCE!!! All Igbos corrupt ass

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's React As Buhari Congratulate Turkey On Referendum / PHOTOS: PMB Receives Osinbajo Before Leaving For London / Will My Fellow Youths Vote For Me During 2019 Presidential Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.