Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) (75703 Views)

Former Pope Benedict Is Seriously Ill / Gabola Church: Members Baptized With Beer In South African Church (Photos) / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:29am On Apr 19, 2017
Grundig:

I thought their specialty is Guinness
beer is made from barley. Stout like guiness is made from roasted barley thats why it has that burnt and bitter taste. . All in all, we are still talking the same thing.
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by loswhite(m): 7:31am On Apr 19, 2017
kurzm:
Nobody seems to see a thing wrong with d pope gulping bear, world is really crazy, why then do y'all blame other pastors for adultry, DAT should be cool too na. Alryt, gay is good, says d pope. Zombie people.
you are so dumb.... hide your head in shame.....your level of ignorance is on the high side
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by Grundig: 7:34am On Apr 19, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

beer is made from barley. Stout like guiness is made from roasted barley thats why it has that burnt and bitter taste. . All in all, we are still talking the same thing.
spoken like a true connoisseur
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by Hollysaint: 7:37am On Apr 19, 2017
2shur:
Na normal thing for Catholics nw.
Wen dia parish priest dey smoke cold london with cold goldberg for harvest thanksgiving and bazar.
Catholic na church.imagine say t.b joshua dey deink beer dey smoke 4 inside church.
Ppl 4neva poof comot
na your church be church na , other peoples own no be church hypocrite
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by 2shur: 7:38am On Apr 19, 2017
Theres a catholic church inside u.i
Called seat of wisdom.
I saw it wit my 2eyes yesrs back.
At the exit door
A white parish priest was smoking cold benson at d bac.
I be go piss 4 bac cos dem nor get visitors toilet
Wen ai see am.
Ai shock
But i was still a kid then.
Andrewkinggg:

Which kind lie be this one again? Priest smoke inside church during church harvest.! Baba if you wan criticize Catholic Church do Am with sense
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by loswhite(m): 7:39am On Apr 19, 2017
Shegzy8:
My brother,because he is taking it does nnt mean it is right and becausd other preachers condemn it doesnt mean it is wrong..on judgement day nothing like "shebh pope did it" or "shebi pastor segun said it"...i personally believe it is wrong
on what ground? Jesus turn water in to wine so I think in your opinion he is wrong. Your opinion is baseless. The Catholic Church celebrate mass with alcoholic wine so if u don't knw this then u should keep ur opinion to ur self
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by MDCCCXXXII: 7:42am On Apr 19, 2017
alexiej:

It's this kind of comment that makes me lose hope in Nigeria. I hope you become wise one day, but until then, just try to keep quiet, ehn... Biko
If the amount of looting and plundering being done by our politicians didn't make you lose hope for Nigeria, I believe your brain isn't wired properly.
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by loswhite(m): 7:42am On Apr 19, 2017
gidjah:
despite that he is drinking alcohol, doesn't yet , make it right in Gods presence. that he (d pope) is doing it, doesn't make it any good.abeg make una let us hear word.
so many uninformed ppl. The only thing u do is to listen to your pastor... alcohol is never a sin in the sight of God. The sin is when u get drunk the abuse of alcohol
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by alexiej(m): 7:50am On Apr 19, 2017
MDCCCXXXII:
If the amount of looting and plundering being done by our politicians didn't make you lose hope for Nigeria, I believe your brain isn't wired properly.

See? You did it again. Just keep quiet.....
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by ochoandy: 8:15am On Apr 19, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:
See the former pope respecting his own TRADITION but my fellow christain brothers extremist here will call their own tradition "EVIL" & "SATANIC" cos their Pastor brainwashwer said so.

Watch how they will come here and start saying drinking is a sin as if they wrote the bible.
Nigerians too like to carry religion for head,dem sabi d religion pass d people wey introduce am to them sef...

DOES THE D TRADITIONS OF MEN SUPERCEDE THE WORD OF GOD?
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by toprealman: 8:18am On Apr 19, 2017
An2elect2:
yuck

mod: Jesus didn't need physical protection, but "his earth representative" is using a bullet proof car. LOL
Different times bro. The ass Jesus rode was tear rubber and was the BEST means of transport then. Use your brain bro.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by BALLOSKI: 8:23am On Apr 19, 2017
Suspense12:

The Vatican is not a personality....The Vatican stood it's ground against any form of molestation...Guy, pls don't misquote
I'm taking it as a unit just like it's done when making reference to a nation.
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by odomanis: 8:24am On Apr 19, 2017
An2elect2:
yuck

mod: Jesus didn't need physical protection, but "his earth representative" is using a bullet proof car. LOL

At that time,Peter had a sword with which he cut off the ear of one of Christ's assailants,remember ?

What has changed is technology and level of sophistication.

Regards!
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by Ichietome: 8:49am On Apr 19, 2017
FavoredGuy:
People are getting it all wrong when it comes to issues like this one. There is nothing like non alcoholic wine. Any wine must contain some percentage of alcohol. Otherwise it is just a juice. They are all English words. So you can look them up in dictionary

No part of the Bible forbids taking of wine. Jesus changed water into wine. I repeat: any drink without an atom of alcohol is not wine by definition. It is a common mistake we make when it comes to understanding wine. There is no product like EVA WINE. It does not exist. Eva and Pure Heaven are both simply referred to as sparkling Juices. Even the manufacturers write their names but we Nigerians continue to call them Eva wine and Pure Heaven wine. Check the label and you will see for yourself.

The Bible recorded that Jesus drank wine from olive tree (with his apostles) during the Lord's supper. Not juice! The Bible only teaches us to drink in moderation and to not be controlled by what we take, even food. Coke/sprite/fanta or even malt can never be classified as wine. They were not fermented to alcohol. It's only fermentation process (especially by yeasts) that changes sugary substances into wine like in palm wine.
If you disagree with me, let's hear from you.

P.s: I don't drink any alcohol so I am not in any way promoting alcoholism but not on the ground of Biblical injuction.
Right on point
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by holygeral(m): 9:08am On Apr 19, 2017
So?
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by MDCCCXXXII: 9:11am On Apr 19, 2017
alexiej:

See? You did it again. Just keep quiet.....
And you should bury your head in your ass.
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by DJMCOTTY(m): 9:29am On Apr 19, 2017
He don kuku resign
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by Ogalanyachieze: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2017
Galacious1:
na Nigerian christians dey carry religion for brain
no longer on the head?
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by urheme: 10:20am On Apr 19, 2017
wtfCode:
Someone shoulda rolled some joint 4 him

Seriously. undecided
this is an insult to Christianity......a Pope that drinks beer......nonsense.
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by urheme: 10:25am On Apr 19, 2017
crackerspub:
Where in the bible is drinking beer a sin unless taking too much of

Besides he is German, its there tradition

HBD

you can't be a christian if you don't break tradition......Christ came to break traditions and nothing more.

this is all wrong embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed........seeing things like this kept me in atheism for a long time.
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by mcquins14: 10:42am On Apr 19, 2017
Haaaa, this one done loss.
ChetaNwaeze:
I remember Nnamdi Kanu once told we Igbos that Roman Catholicism is a foreign and idolatrous religion. Mazi Nnamdi Kanu told us that when we eventually get Biafra, christianity will be abolished in Igboland. Chukwu Okike Abiama will be the god we Igbos will worship.
I am just happy that Prophet Kanu's words as regards the restoration of Biafra is finally being fufilled. We Igbos are going back to Biafra. All Igbos must be chased back to Igboland.
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:18am On Apr 19, 2017
kurzm:
Nobody seems to see a thing wrong with d pope gulping bear, world is really crazy, why then do y'all blame other pastors for adultry, DAT should be cool too na. Alryt, gay is good, says d pope. Zombie people.
dnt kill yourself. taking beer is not a sin. the sin there is taking it to excess

1 Like

Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by GuntersChain(m): 11:26am On Apr 19, 2017
careytommy7:
The present pope is an error

In what sense? Were did he err?
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by GuntersChain(m): 11:33am On Apr 19, 2017
crackerspub:
Where in the bible is drinking beer a sin unless taking too much of

Besides he is German, its there tradition

HBD

Pls tell them, everyone claiming to be holier than there neighbor, but the evil in the world are perpetrated by who?
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:37am On Apr 19, 2017
urheme:

Seriously. undecided
this is an insult to Christianity......a Pope that drinks beer......nonsense.
bro taking alcohol is not a sin, even according to the Bible.
what the Bible is against is taking it to excess, that is, getting drunk from taking too much alcohol. Don't let the way bloggers present information to sway you. they do it on purpose to drive traffic.
thanks you
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by GuntersChain(m): 11:41am On Apr 19, 2017
ndcide:
Looks like we're going to have more drunkards in the Catholic Church, following this unfortunate action.

Of what essence is this your post?
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by vatiqan(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2017
An2elect2:
yuck

For ur mind, u dey make sense, abi?

Peter, cut off the ear of one of the soldiers, that arrested Jesus, abi?

Fyi, the Roman Pontiff, is the leader of over 1.2billion followers, all over the world; and his using the bullet proof van since the atempted asassination on the life of late Pope John Paul II in 1982. Nuf said!
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by GuntersChain(m): 11:55am On Apr 19, 2017

Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by Ochoiho: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
When has Pope become Jesus; "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endure the cross, despising the same'

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by Basalt(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
ChetaNwaeze:
I remember Nnamdi Kanu once told we Igbos that Roman Catholicism is a foreign and idolatrous religion. Mazi Nnamdi Kanu told us that when we eventually get Biafra, christianity will be abolished in Igboland. Chukwu Okike Abiama will be the god we Igbos will worship.
I am just happy that Prophet Kanu's words as regards the restoration of Biafra is finally being fufilled. We Igbos are going back to Biafra. All Igbos must be chased back to Igboland.

Are you alright?
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
aribisala0:

You lack sense but you think you are smart.
That might sound as if you have two problems but in fact you have three
What is your third problem?

My problem is that u lack the tiniest bit of comprehension.,..I'm sure UV never read the bible before..

The man without the spirit does not accept the things that come from the spirit of God....for they are foolishness to him,and he cannot understand them because they are spiritually discerned...1corinthians1;26 ...why are they spiritually discerned??.. Get a bible and find out

The pope is a bloody human being..and the fact that he drinks beer, does not make it right.
Re: Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) by plappville(f): 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Actually a christian will always do Gods work, but ofcuz he may resign from an office if he discerns that God wishes him to continue in a different capacity. he is still a priest but he is not pope.
i hear a similar tin happened in rccg recently, they said adeboye resigned from d office of G.O

Interesting. You seem to think that i am a protestant or whatever. Sorry i'm not a catholic or protestant.
I promise you, These names you will never hear in Heaven. Neither will anyone be awarded on the last day because he/she is catho or prostes
You will be awarded as a child of God. So i am a (Child of God) by his grace.

I dont care about RCCG, CCC or DCLBC etc. They are not found in the bible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine / Video Of Dare Adeboye Celebrating His 42nd Birthday Shared After His Death / Apostle Okpe And His Mercedes SLK Convertible Worth N7 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.