Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! (7574 Views)

No Sight Of Ronaldo As Drogba, Messi, Vandijk Arrive With Family For Ballon D’or / Diego Costa Handed 8-Match Ban After Red Card Vs Barcelona / Juventus Star Cristiano Ronaldo In Tears After Red Card Vs Valencia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by naturalwaves: 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
willjoe:
long epistle. What is wrong is wrong and evry1 sees it except madrid fans only. Call a spade a spade
Did you read what I typed or you did not just comprehend it? If not, go and re read it okay? Particularly the second paragraph. I love intelligent discussions/ analysis and if you are not going to follow in that line, do not quote me again.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by willjoe: 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
naturalwaves:

Did you read what I typed or you did not just comprehend it? If not, go and re read it okay? Particularly the second paragraph. I love intelligent discussions/ analysis and if you are not going to follow in that line, do not quote me again.
you lack d intelligent analysis you profess to possess for saying vidal's red is justified.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by Fourtune56(m): 2:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Shatarp!! 0joro fan supporting 0joro club sad
if I hear
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by naturalwaves: 2:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
willjoe:
you lack d intelligent analysis you profess to possess for saying vidal's red is justified.
It was a yellow card and became an outright red due to an earlier card. It is a pity that this is the best you could come up with from what was written. I doubt if you know what analysis means. I don't want sentimental cries without a solid reason. Sop mentioning me if you have nothing meaningful to say. If you feel it was not a card offence, say it and explain the reasons. You need to learn how to discuss. No one is fighting with you.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by maverick001: 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
yvonnelynx:
My God, do you pple watch football at all? That goal where Marcelo passed the ball to Ronaldo was not an offside goal because they were both ahead of the last Bayern defender. Assuming Marcelo was behind a Bayern player before he passed to Ronaldo then we can talk about offside. Pls get your facts right. That goal was a good goal.
please goggle the offside rule on the Internet before coming to make such statement........the offside rule is a little complicated and many ignorant fans did nt know that was offside
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by willjoe: 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2017
naturalwaves:

It was a yellow card and became an outright red due to an earlier card. It is a pity that this is the best you could come up with from what was written. I doubt if you know what analysis means. I don't want sentimental cries without a solid reason. Sop mentioning me if you have nothing meaningful to say. If you feel it was not a card offence, say it and explain the reasons. You need to learn how to discuss. No one is fighting with you.
do me a favour, go watch/re-watch vidal's 2nd yellow card, then come back
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by Fourtune56(m): 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2017
maverick001:

please goggle the offside rule on the Internet before coming to make such statement........the offside rule is a little complicated and many ignorant fans did nt know that was offside
ok isoright
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by obinna58(m): 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
yemimajid:
While trying to sound brilliant, you've only portrayed your ignorance about the offside rule.. A player passed to has to be behind the ball to avoid the offside position. Ronaldo was a fraction ahead of the ball.
u very crazy dude, their z only an offside there
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by naturalwaves: 3:14pm On Apr 19, 2017
willjoe:
do me a favour, go watch/re-watch vidal's 2nd yellow card, then come back
Already did severally and I wrote why it was justified but you did not read it. You just tagged my write up an epistle without reading through it thoroughly. Well, let me restate it here if you cannot go back;
1. Vidal made a clean slide / tackle on the ball.

2. Vidal got to the ball first before the oncoming Real player.

3. Vidal was not booked for that challenge/ slide.

4. After the slide, Vidal cunningly raised up his left foot to trip the Real player and stop him from moving.

5.Vidal was booked for this act in (4) above and not the initial challenge.

6. Vidal actually suspected that the pass he made while sliding may put his team under pressure hence he decided to raise his leg to stop him and that leg was nasty. Hence, he got carded for it and only few people noticed this. You can rewatch again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atAAmchKemY

Vidal's action is tagged "obstruction" in the game of football and referees are free to give yellow cards for such offences.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by willjoe: 3:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
naturalwaves:

Already did severally and I wrote why it was justified but you did not read it. You just tagged my write up an epistle without reading through it thoroughly. Well, let me restate it here if you cannot go back;
1. Vidal made a clean slide / tackle on the ball.

2. Vidal got to the ball first before the oncoming Real player.

3. Vidal was not booked for that challenge/ slide.

4. After the slide, Vidal cunningly raised up his left foot to trip the Real player and stop him from moving.

5.Vidal was booked for this act in (4) above and not the initial challenge.

6. Vidal actually suspected that the pass he made while sliding may put his team under pressure hence he decided to raise his leg to stop him and that leg was nasty. Hence, he got carded for it and only few people noticed this. You can rewatch again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atAAmchKemY
i hear you. I hope you don't react if madrid get a taste of this in d semis
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by naturalwaves: 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
willjoe:
i hear you. I hope you don't react if madrid get a taste of this in d semis
Lol. If you read my initial write up, I even castigated the referee for Ronaldo's offside goal. At least you don gree tongue So, I am only trying to be objective. I blame the mumu tactics called OFFSIDE TRAP implored by Ancelloti. If you watch that goal, the player in front of Ronaldo wanted to move in opposite direction to the ball as it was coming, he was running out rather than defend. Then , the one behind Ronaldo was running in. That tactic is usually confusing to defenders at times and if a defending team keeps on using it, there is a probability that the referee will fall for at least 1 in every 10 attempts and not blow for offside. That is the tactic I detest most in football THE OFFSIDE TRAP. It is usually exhibited by teams that are fearful of a potent striker while defending rather than take the bull by the horn.

Moreover, why would a player like Ronaldo be given such free space to roam alone in the first place. Do you remember how Gattusso tight marked him in those days in these kind of matches? It is a shame honestly. Bayen fall my hands wella.

1 Like

Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by willjoe: 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
naturalwaves:

Lol. If you read my initial write up, I even castigated the referee for Ronaldo's offside goal. At least you don gree tongue So, I am only trying to be objective. I blame the mumu tactics called OFFSIDE TRAP implored by Ancelloti. If you watch that goal, the player in front of Ronaldo wanted to move in opposite direction to the ball as it was coming, he was running out rather than defend. Then , the one behind Ronaldo was running in. That tactic is usually confusing to defenders at times and if a defending team keeps on using it, there is a probability that the referee will fall for at least 1 in every 10 attempts and not blow for offside. That is the tactic I detest most in football THE OFFSIDE TRAP. It is usually exhibited by teams that are fearful of a potent striker while defending rather than take the bull by the horn.

Moreover, why would a player like Ronaldo be given such free space to roam alone in the first place. Do you remember how Gattusso tight marked him in those days in these kind of matches? It is a shame honestly. Bayen fall my hands wella.
surely. The away goal advantage is what i hate most in football. Carlo should av left Lewy,they didnt av guts to attack well again after he was taken off

1 Like

Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by Icon79(m): 4:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
FIFA Officials? Do you mean, UEFA?

And by the way, yesterday's officiating was the worst ever! And that wouldn't surprise you because we all know about Real Madrid and their gift bags to match officials.

O pari

BRIGHTRIVERS:
Ojoro Referee..Just hoping Madrid shows Barca the right Fifa official to pay to to ensure Chielini,Bonucci,Barzagli,and Dybala collect red card tomorrow sad
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by Martinez19(m): 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
yemimajid:
While trying to sound brilliant, you've only portrayed your ignorance about the offside rule.. A player passed to has to be behind the ball to avoid the offside position. Ronaldo was a fraction ahead of the ball.
the offside lines are not in line with the camera's angle. If drawn properly, Ronaldo's third goal is not offside but the second is and it would be difficult for the ref to have seen that.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by naturalwaves: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
willjoe:
surely. The away goal advantage is what i hate most in football. Carlo should av left Lewy,they didnt av guts to attack well again after he was taken off
Maybe he is yet to recover fully. Talking about football rules, the golden goal rule was cancelled so, do not give up yet as it can still be cancelled. Rumour has it that the golden goal rules was cancelled because Africans benefited from it most and it seems to work more for Africans grin. Nigeria used the rule to knack Brazil akpako at the semi final of the Olympics before beating Argentina at the finals ( Funny enough, the Argentines played the offside trap in that game.....we had a free kick and they all ran out leaving our striker one on one with the keeper). Cameroun used the golden goal rule to win the Olympics 4 years after Nigeria did as well.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
Martinez19:
the offside lines are not in line with the camera's angle. If drawn properly, Ronaldo's third goal is not offside but the second is and it would be difficult for the ref to have seen that.
That is banter for you bruh... if the line was drawn straight like the normal offside line.. then Ronald would be a step ahead of that line.. which comes back to making it offside..
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
obinna58:
u very crazy dude, their z only an offside there
Lol obinna my guy.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by willjoe: 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
naturalwaves:

Maybe he is yet to recover fully. Talking about football rules, the golden goal rule was cancelled so, do not give up yet as it can still be cancelled. Rumour has it that the golden goal rules was cancelled because Africans benefited from it most and it seems to work more for Africans grin. Nigeria used the rule to knack Brazil akpako at the semi final of the Olympics before beating Argentina at the finals ( Funny enough, the Argentines played the offside trap in that game.....we had a free kick and they all ran out leaving our striker one on one with the keeper). Cameroun used the golden goal rule to win the Olympics 4 years after Nigeria did as well.
lol.. I hope athletico wins dat trophy
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by obinna58(m): 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
yemimajid:
Lol obinna my guy.
grin grin
Never mind
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
obinna58:
grin grin Never mind
Why you come vex like that nah Obi.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by Maxcollins042(m): 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
naturalwaves:

Calm down and be sincere. This was not a case of robbery like the way it was so glaring during Barca days against Chelsea etc. This was just a bad call by the referee. If he wanted to outrightly favour Real, he would have awarded that penalty in which the Real guy dived. Robben dived for his penalty too but he still awarded it. Moreover, Vidal's second yellow card was well deserved. After sliding for the ball, he knowingly raised his left foot to obstruct the on coming Real player, go and re watch the highlights online. The referee did not book him for the slide but for the leg obstruction which was after he got the ball. So, all the talks about him going for the ball and getting the ball is trash ( I was even suprised Ancelloti said same at the press conference) and that was not what he was booked for.

The wrong call about the referee was Ronaldo's offside goal which was close but it was offside and that is an error which I feel should not happen in a game of such magnitude but not to say that Bayern was robbed.

Again, the build up that led to Bayern's second goal was even offside. If the referee had blown for offside for the Bayern player before intersection and then own goal by Ramos, the goal would not have counted ( no one is talking about that one o)

Furthermore, in the first leg match, Bayern Munich was awarded a penalty which was a very bad call. The ball did not hit the hand of any Real Madrid player and the referee blew for a hand ball. How come you guys did not make all the videos or pictures to show it never touched the guys hands? No one said that Real Madrid was robbed cos Vidal missed the resulting penalty and Real also won.
Therefore, let us learn to be objective in all analysis of the game.
How can you say that the penalty awarded to Bayern is not a deserving one? Robben was brought down inside the penalty just that he made the most of it.
Vidal's challenge does not in anyway warrant a dismissal, he went for the ball and he got the ball that's what matters most.

Why didn't the referee give Casemiro a second booking after he dived in the Bayern's box?
The referee was not just capable of officiating the game as claimed by Ancelotti.
It's high time FIFA introduce the VAR to curl this inefficiency by match officials.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by Beejay1117(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
naturalwaves:

Calm down and be sincere. This was not a case of robbery like the way it was so glaring during Barca days against Chelsea etc. This was just a bad call by the referee. If he wanted to outrightly favour Real, he would have awarded that penalty in which the Real guy dived. Robben dived for his penalty too but he still awarded it. Moreover, Vidal's second yellow card was well deserved. After sliding for the ball, he knowingly raised his left foot to obstruct the on coming Real player, go and re watch the highlights online. The referee did not book him for the slide but for the leg obstruction which was after he got the ball. So, all the talks about him going for the ball and getting the ball is trash ( I was even suprised Ancelloti said same at the press conference) and that was not what he was booked for.

The wrong call about the referee was Ronaldo's offside goal which was close but it was offside and that is an error which I feel should not happen in a game of such magnitude but not to say that Bayern was robbed.

Again, the build up that led to Bayern's second goal was even offside. If the referee had blown for offside for the Bayern player before intersection and then own goal by Ramos, the goal would not have counted ( no one is talking about that one o)

Furthermore, in the first leg match, Bayern Munich was awarded a penalty which was a very bad call. The ball did not hit the hand of any Real Madrid player and the referee blew for a hand ball. How come you guys did not make all the videos or pictures to show it never touched the guys hands? No one said that Real Madrid was robbed cos Vidal missed the resulting penalty and Real also won.
Therefore, let us learn to be objective in all analysis of the game.
you took your time to explain to those haters?

you sabi ball ooo

1 Like

Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by Phreshmann12(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
willjoe:
See for yourself !, 2 offside goals from Ronaldo and a wrong red card!
barca fn spotted....... haterz must hate...... juve is waiting patiently to rape barca again....... wem dey give arsenal red card you complain...... Hater
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by naturalwaves: 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
Beejay1117:
you took your time to explain to those haters?

you sabi ball ooo
wink wink wink
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by naturalwaves: 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
Maxcollins042:

How can you say that the penalty awarded to Bayern is not a deserving one? Robben was brought down inside the penalty just that he made the most of it.
The penalty awarded o Bayern in the first leg was not even a penalty to start with as the ball never touched anyone's hands. The one awarded to them yesterday was a 50/50. Some refs will not even give it. Moreover, Robben dived so bad. Don't even let us go there at all but the referee awarded it all the same. Do you think a referee that has been instructed to be partial will award such penalty?

Maxcollins042:
Vidal's challenge does not in anyway warrant a dismissal, he went for the ball and he got the ball that's what matters most.
He was not dismissed fir his challenge. He was yellow carded for it. He was dismissed because the said yellow card was the second for the night= red card. Moreover, the yellow card was for obstruction and not for the first challenge. In case you do not know, Vidal did two things;
1.Challenging for the ball by making a slide which he won and did perfectly before a Real guy got there.
2.Raising up his left foot and getting into the way of play of the Real guy which later resulted in the tripping.
If you must know, the card was for number 2 above.

Maxcollins042:
Why didn't the referee give Casemiro a second booking after he dived in the Bayern's box?
The referee was not just capable of officiating the game as claimed by Ancelotti.
This your point is so hilarious. A real madrid player got in the way of Robben ( he made partial contact, Robben brushed the top of his left boot on his boots and then dived like a clown) and the referee awarded a penalty for it. Now, a real madrid player dived and no penalty. Is that not fair enough? You are still asking why he was not yellow carded. If the referee wanted to favour real madrid like you said, would he not have given a penalty for that?
Maxcollins042:
It's high time FIFA introduce the VAR to curl this inefficiency by match officials.
Yeah, I support this too. It would have stopped the fraudulent penalty awarded to Bayern in the first leg and all other types of inconsistencies.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by naturalwaves: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
willjoe:
lol.. I hope athletico wins dat trophy
Well, I doubt this. They were held by Leicester. If Bayern or Real Madrid had met that same Leicester, they may be walloped as high as 5:0 or even more. They still lack a bit of quality and maturity for big matches. The only thing that can work for them is determination, high work rate etc. Unfortunately, it takes more than that to win a match of such magnitude. The quality of the Madrid team is so high and on their day, they can massacre any opposition. Look at Leicester for example. they tried their best but lack UCL exposure. The strikers were not calm in front of goal, all they wanted to do was to play a fast shot and it affected them a bit.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by willjoe: 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
naturalwaves:

Well, I doubt this. They were held by Leicester. If Bayern or Real Madrid had met that same Leicester, they be walloped as high as 5:0 or even more. They still lack a bit of quality and maturity for big matches. The only thing that can work for them is determination, high work rate etc. The quality of the Madrid team is so high and on their day, they can massacre any opposition.
simeone's playing a smart one. He knew they cud tump leicester, so they went all out attack. If it were bayern or real, they'd sit back and do counter....dnt knw if u remember, they beat bayern at group stage
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by naturalwaves: 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
willjoe:
simeone's playing a smart one. He knew they cud tump leicester, so they went all out attack. If it were bayern or real, they'd sit back and do counter....dnt knw if u remember, they beat bayern at group stage
Yeah, sure I did. They almost won it few years ago before Ramos equalised. Honestly, they deserve it but they will need to be more mature and calm in front of goal to achieve that.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by vibeskartel101: 8:15am On Apr 20, 2017
naturalwaves:

Well, I doubt this. They were held by Leicester. If Bayern or Real Madrid had met that same Leicester, they may be walloped as high as 5:0 or even more. They still lack a bit of quality and maturity for big matches. The only thing that can work for them is determination, high work rate etc. Unfortunately, it takes more than that to win a match of such magnitude. The quality of the Madrid team is so high and on their day, they can massacre any opposition. Look at Leicester for example. they tried their best but lack UCL exposure. The strikers were not calm in front of goal, all they wanted to do was to play a fast shot and it affected them a bit.
the same madrid find it hard to beat atm, the two finals played with them got to extra time.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by vibeskartel101: 8:16am On Apr 20, 2017
naturalwaves:

madrid only massacres weak teams or when they are assisted.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by naturalwaves: 8:40am On Apr 20, 2017
vibeskartel101:
madrid only massacres weak teams or when they are assisted.
Hahahaha. You know this is not true. Moreover, there are no small teams in football. No under dogs anymore.
Re: Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! by naturalwaves: 8:41am On Apr 20, 2017
vibeskartel101:
the same madrid find it hard to beat atm, the two finals played with them got to extra time.
That is true. Familiar terrain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFCON 2021: Mauritania Vs Gambia (0 - 1) On 12th January 2022 / Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football / Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.