Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release (7586 Views)

Carl Ikeme Pictured With His Dad, In Port Harcourt / Eto'o, Obi Visits Injured Emenike (NFF Missing) / Mikel Obi Visits President Jonathan To Say Thank You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by onila(f): 12:11am On Sep 01, 2011
Pictures- Mikel Obi Visits President Jonathan To Say Thank You
Super Eagles and Chelsea player, Mikel Obi, visited President Goodluck Jonathan at the State House on Monday August 29th to thank him for the way the Nigerian police responded and helped rescue his father when he was kidnapped.

Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by OgidiBoy(m): 12:15am On Sep 01, 2011
Is that a landline phone next to the presido shocked shocked
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by HighChief4(m): 1:03am On Sep 01, 2011
Nice one. Good boy
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by Knight1(m): 1:12am On Sep 01, 2011
OgidiBoy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nlers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOd'll deliver you people
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by IdiAmin2(m): 2:33am On Sep 01, 2011
My presido no even wear shoe, disgrace, whole presido dey walk barefoot shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by dabrake(m): 3:38am On Sep 01, 2011
Mikel shld knw by now dat dey kidnapped his dad cuz he h8 scoring 4 chelsea. D kidnappers r chelsea fans.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by markovnikoff001(m): 4:05am On Sep 01, 2011
Was that necessary? His father, once lost has now been found, is that the reason he went to see the President? And Mr. President granted him audience. Has Mr. President ever granted audience to any relative of all the many "unknown persons" that have been kidnapped since this scourge began? A simple message was acceptable but definitely, most definitely not a visit. Common! there are more pressing issues for the President of a Sovereign State to attend to, the grateful son of a kidnapped father now returned should not be one.

Idi-Amin:

My presido no even wear shoe, disgrace, whole presido dey walk barefoot shocked shocked shocked

The President can choose to wear shoes or not depending on what personalities he is interacting with. He probably sees Mikel as a son hence his "barefootedness". The blame should be heaped on the stooopid photographer that took a picture of the sole of the President's foot.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by dayokanu(m): 5:00am On Sep 01, 2011
Odechukwu retardeen Jonathan said he was on top of Boko Haram bombs and he is still shinning teeth like roasted corn to chill with Mikel Obi

Idi-Amin:

So when he told us he has no shoes we should know it was by choice, cos he cant tell us now that he cant afford shoes.

And he even had time to grant Mikel audience to "thank him" for dads release, when would he grant such audience to Boko Haram
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by BabaO2: 5:16am On Sep 01, 2011
My presido no even wear shoe, disgrace, whole presido dey walk barefoot Shocked Shocked Shocked
You are such a fake person, it is not compulsory to wear shoes everywhere in your house, or you want him to be conscious that Mikel is visiting him by wearing his best wardrobe to receive him?,  i guess you wear shoes in bed also.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 01, 2011
Baba_O:
You are such a fake person, it is not compulsory to wear shoes everywhere in your house, or you want him to be conscious that Mikel is visiting him by wearing his best wardrobe to receive him?,  i guess you wear shoes in bed also.

The president is not on vacation. He's not a commoner again. He had a guest over in his home. There were cameras. He has to look presidential. That's part of the job. President Obama always wears proper attire in the White House. The only time he is caught in leisure/relaxed wear is when he's on vacation or partaking in leisure activities. There was a media frenzy when he wore flip flops. GEJ is showing his crusted feet and that's supposed to be okay? lol.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:08am On Sep 01, 2011
Well, I kinda like the pic.

My reason? Simplicity!

Clinton was videoed a lot going for a jog, in what, a three-piece suit? eh?

Obama's been seen outside in a simple T-shirt.

In your living room, fully rugged floor, would you wear SHOES?!!!

What of Mikel in a track suit? Was that "inappropriate" too?
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 01, 2011
Jeezuzpick:
Well, I kinda like the pic.

My reason? Simplicity!

Clinton was videoed a lot going for a jog, in what, a three-piece suit? eh?

Obama's been seen outside in a simple T-shirt.

In your living room, fully rugged floor, would you wear SHOES?!!!

What of Mikel in a track suit? Was that "inappropriate" too?

By Western standards, yes. By local/Naija standards, no.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by werepeLeri: 7:14am On Sep 01, 2011
and who told u he doesnt have slip on sandals on the floor - just because you saw part of his foot? Silly people.

Some of you will never enter the seat of power in your life time, here is someone opportuned to do so, and all you could do is to criticise what he is putting on, when in actual fact, he can buy you if they put you on sale. LOL

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by donchucky21(m): 7:22am On Sep 01, 2011
@ least he did well in dis one
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by donchucky21(m): 7:23am On Sep 01, 2011
@ least he did well in dis one
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2011
werepeLeri:
and who told u he doesnt have slip on sandals on the floor - just because you saw part of his foot? Silly people.

Some of you will never enter the seat of power in your life time, here is someone opportuned to do so, and all you could do is to criticise what he is putting on, when in actual fact, he can buy you if they put you on sale. LOL

See your teeth. Lol @ "opportuned". I guarantee you that if I ever find my way to leadership, it will not be from someone's untimely death lmao. The money he'd use to buy me is stolen oil money. Clap for your president and leading party lol.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by werepeLeri: 7:29am On Sep 01, 2011
ogugua88:

See your teeth. Lol @ "opportuned". I guarantee you that if I ever find my way to leadership, it will not be from someone's untimely death lmao. The money he'd use to buy me is stolen oil money. Clap for your president and leading party lol.

Truth is bitter.

Find your way to leadership? LOL - Who died? The guy's father is alive - nobody died. See how you talk on issues you know nothing about? Who used oil money to buy who? Abeg- its too early to crack my ribs.

My earlier comment is on guys who are commenting on Mikel's attire and not on the President putting on a shoe or not. Opportuned as in Mikel visiting the seat of power - and not GEJ opportuned to rule. So, read properly next time. LOL. and if u ever find your way to leadership? Try ruling your household first. Te hehehehe.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by Demdem(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2011
This was simply an unnecessary visit. Just a thank-you message to be carried by the media houses will do. The mere fact that the president even had the time to attend to him speaks volume. more pressing issues are still begging for his attention and he had time for this crap. Nonsense.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by werepeLeri: 8:37am On Sep 01, 2011
^^^

You too vex for no reason.

Well done Mikel joo - whoever doesnt like can go jump inside lagoon.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by TenKobo1: 8:46am On Sep 01, 2011
A president without responsibility, sitting crossed-legged discussing a none issue while his nation is on fire. GEJ makes Yar'adua look like a legend in administration.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by Demdem(m): 8:52am On Sep 01, 2011
Ten Kobo:

A president without responsibility, s[b]itting crossed-legged discussing a none issue while his nation is on fire[/b]. GEJ makes Yar'adua look like a legend in administration.

Abi oooo. however i am happy for Mikel's
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by twinstaiye(m): 9:33am On Sep 01, 2011
Mikel's issue is not a non-issue. Everyone in the wide whole world knew his father was kidnapped. It becomes an international issue and must be treated so. It is only fair that the President attach importance to the issue to make the whole world know that the issue had been tackled well and that Nigeria is safe for foreigners to visit.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by werepeLeri: 9:50am On Sep 01, 2011
GEJ matter go kill some people.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by luckymome(f): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2011
Seeing one of the president bare foot does not mean he had no slip-on with him. so let stop been too negative about non issues
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by Obieman: 10:47am On Sep 01, 2011
twinstaiye:

Mikel's issue is not a non-issue. Everyone in the wide whole world knew his father was kidnapped. It becomes an international issue and must be treated so. It is only fair that the President attach importance to the issue to make the whole world know that the issue had been tackled well and that Nigeria is safe for foreigners to visit.
, U r so correct and 2dos who think it was unneccessary d@ Mikel visited Dpresident,wat if Mikel's Father was killed in the process then it wil be necessary and Appropriate 4d president 2pay a condolence visit,abi?Even if D president refusd Mikel visiting him it doesn't improve 9jas present situ8tn neitha does it portray Mr president as a more serious administrator.
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by richidinho(m): 11:05am On Sep 01, 2011

yes, his hard earned oil money! he worked 4 it by going to school barefooted, inhaling the rubbish from oil exploration in his community that has no pipe borne water and good road

onuofia
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by richidinho(m): 11:08am On Sep 01, 2011

Brilliant innocent Nigerian, i like this
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by Yeske2(m): 11:19am On Sep 01, 2011
OgidiBoy:

Idi-Amin:

dabrake:

Mikel shld knw by now dat dey kidnapped his dad cuz he h8 scoring 4 chelsea. D kidnappers r chelsea fans.
Una no go kill person for NL, BTW, why should he go thank him, na GEJ catch them like say he get liver. He rather go thank those officers and shower them some 'thank you' instead of this winsh wey he go meet
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by Felibaby(f): 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2011
The man smiling in the background looks like Zack Orji. Infact, he is the one or maybe i'm hallucinating, shocked
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2011
werepeLeri:
Truth is bitter.

Find your way to leadership? LOL - Who died? The guy's father is alive - nobody died. See how you talk on issues you know nothing about? Who used oil money to buy who? Abeg- its too early to crack my ribs.

My earlier comment is on guys who are commenting on Mikel's attire and not on the President putting on a shoe or not. Opportuned as in Mikel visiting the seat of power - and not GEJ opportuned to rule. So, read properly next time. LOL. and if u ever find your way to leadership? Try ruling your household first. Te hehehehe.

You can't read. It's okay. GEJ found his way to leadership of Naija because Yar'Adua died. That's what I was referring to oga. I am talking about oil money since you said GEJ can buy any one of us if we are up for sale. As in opportuned, you were referring to leadership. Read your comment:

"Some of you will never enter the seat of power in your life time, here is someone opportuned to do so"

I read very properly. Obviously you meant something that you never typed. So type properly next time. LOL. >.>
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by kunlekunle: 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2011
no be bare leg be that o
the guy wore slippers/sandals
Re: Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release by mallorca(m): 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2011
wetin concern me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics Of Ronaldo's Offside Goals & Vidal's Wrong Red Card Vs Bayern Munich ! / Nigeria Vs Tanzania: 2023 Africa U-23 Cup Of Nations Qualifier. Sat.29th Oct 202 / @1960bet Registration wishing you all a greater year ahead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.