Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,947 members, 7,956,567 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:13 PM

Amaechis Port Harcourt! - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechis Port Harcourt! (46834 Views)

The Truth Behind Amaechis' Travail / What Could Be Running In The Mind Of Amaechis' Wife (picture)? / The Amaechis (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by seanet01: 9:57am On Jan 06, 2013
Abagworo:

You are a full time fool for comparing PH with those villages. Enugu has only one hotel. PH can only be compared with Lagos and Abuja in terms of quality housing and road. Most houses in PH were built between 1995 and 2012. So you are a big liar.
So Enugu has only one Hotel, so much for the Pride of The East.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 10:03am On Jan 06, 2013
seanet01: So Enugu has only one Hotel, so much for the Pride of The East.
you wan fin trouble abi?this na 2013 o! grin grin grin
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 8:41am On Mar 31, 2013
Amaechi completes Rivers ultra-modern Waste Plant
Monday, March 11, 2013

In his administration’s determination to recycle waste and have a cleaner environment, Rivers State Governor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has completed construction of a 71,000 cubic metre sewage plant that will treat and process waste in the state to make it useful and re-useable again.
Located in Oroworukwo community in the Eagle Island area of the state, the Amaechi administration’s pilot waste treatment and processing plant when commissioned, will turn waste into fertilizer and methane gas for agricultural and domestic use.
The waste treatment and processing plant provides jobs to people around the facility areas and will also offer employment to electrical, mechanical and waste management engineers.
Speaking during an inspection tour of the facility with journalists, Governor Amaechi’s Special Assistant on Sewage Management, Dr. Ogu Emejuru said, apart from producing fertilizer and methane gas, the waste treatment and processing plant was also being constructed to check the spread of diseases that come from indiscriminate dumping of sewage in the state.
“About four years ago the governor had a vision to have a sewage plant because of the issues of dumping sewage in the creeks and in gutters. You know when sewage is dumped indiscriminately, the issue will be about malaria, diseases and typhoid, so the Governor had the vision that we should have a sewage plant where sewage will be dumped and processed into re-useable materials like fertilizer, methane gas etc”, he said.
“We employ a lot of citizens here from Eagle Island. The actual employment now will be for engineers – mechanical, electrical, waste management engineers. That is when we commission. We are in that process now of trying to work with them to see how we can bring them. Even students from universities, they have come here to see how they can understudy the process of sewage treatment and deriving benefits from sewage”.
Emejuru said the waste treatment and processing plant will process about 1,000 cubic metre of sewage per day or 20 truckloads of sewage daily, disclosing that talks are already on with sewage contractors in the state to bring truck loads of sewage to the plant for treatment and processing.
“We are talking now with sewage contractors. We have met with them. We have registered all the sewage contractors. They are very cooperative with us. They are working with us. What we need now, we need sewage, we need the waste food, we need them to come here, so we will be talking to them. So as we get more and more of business, we employ more and more,” Emejuru said.
According to him, there will be cleaner environment and health benefits for the people of the state when waste from homes and other sources are brought to the sewage treatment and processing plant and not dumped indiscriminately.
Also speaking, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. David Iyofor said Governor Amaechi’s pilot scheme in constructing the sewage treatment and processing plant is another evidence that the governor gives priority to a cleaner environment. When the plant becomes fully operational, the quantity of fertilizer or gas produced, he said, will be of immense use to farmers in the state.
“Don’t forget that we have farms all over the state, so the fertilizer can even be used in our farms. It shows that the Governor Amaechi administration actually pays serious attention to environmental sanitation and having a cleaner environment. He takes environment very seriously, very, very seriously.”
“From a plant like this you’ve got the fertilizer, you’ve got the gas plant and this is besides the fact that it also cleans up the environment and the Amaechi administration is going to do more projects along these lines to make sure that Port Harcourt, Rivers State is clean and healthy for the people”.

source:http://governor.riversstate.gov.ng/press/amaechi-completes-rivers-ultra-modern-waste-plant/
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 8:42am On Mar 31, 2013
Rivers hit N9.5bn IGR for February, Amaechi excited
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
For the first time in the history of Rivers State, the state government has hit internally generated revenue of N9, 591, 046,990.43, the highest since the commencement of Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi’s tax reforms in the state.
The new tax regime being done by the State government in partnership with Skye Bank has continuously yielded positive results with a monthly average of between N5billion to 6billion, and now a whooping N9.5billion in the month of February, 2013.
Prior to Governor Amaechi’s emergence at the helm of affairs in the State, the Rivers State Internally Generated Revenue has never grown beyond N2.5billion, sometimes its well below N2billion but Amaechi began the tax sector reform and the figure has gradually increased over the years.
Spokesman of Governor Amaechi, Mr. David Iyofor in an interview with State House correspondents said Governor Amaechi is very excited by this new development. “He is very happy with this figure of N9.5billion for the month of February. Governor Amaechi is happy with what our partners in the tax project-Skye Bank is doing with the State government in the tax project and has urged them to continue on this path. He believes that the state can do even better than this figure of N9.5billion and has clearly told them to improve on it.”
“This new high is a clear testimony of the benefits of Governor Amaechi’s initiated reforms in IGR in the State. He strongly believes that with a robust tax reform policy, the state can do very well in internally generated revenue,” Iyofor said.
Iyofor urged Rivers people and corporate bodies to continue to support the Rivers State Board of Internal Revenue and our Syke Bank tax partners by promptly and accurately paying their taxes for sustainable growth and development of the State as funds collected would assist the Amaechi administration in carrying out more developmental projects in the State.

source:http://governor.riversstate.gov.ng/press/rivers-hit-n9-5bn-igr-for-february-amaechi-excited/
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 8:46am On Mar 31, 2013
Three European countries explore multilateral relations with Rivers
Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Finland, Austria and Norway have indicated interest in partnering with the Rivers State Government in education, energy, trade and commerce.
Ambassadors of the three European nations to Nigeria made this known when they paid a courtesy visit to the Rivers State Governor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Amaechi in Government House, Port Harcourt on Tuesday.

They expressed their country’s willingness to kick start multilateral relations with Rivers State to enhance cooperation between the State and the three Scandinavian Countries.
Finland’s Ambassador to Nigeria, Mrs. Riitta Korpivaara said: “We very much appreciate coming to Rivers State for the first time ever as Ambassadors of our countries. We plan to visit the University of Port Harcourt to discuss education development in Rivers State and how our countries could partner with Rivers state in the field of education which is an area that is especially dear to me and to my country Finland.”
“Also, we would like to enhance co-operation in trade and commerce between your state and our countries. We already have various companies from our states which have already established their offices in Rivers but we would like to promote and improve trade relations and we are interested especially in offshore business, energy and education which I already mentioned and I am very glad that we have this opportunity now to come and see with our own eyes, because as you know, Abuja is quite artificial when you compare it to other cities of Nigeria and meet other people other than the politicians and diplomats in Abuja. So we are very pleased to have this occasion.”

Korpivaara also indicated that the delegation while in the state will meet with Shell and visit the Chamber of Commerce and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in the field of environmental protection and others.
The Norwegian Ambassador, Mr. Rolf Ree, commended the Amaechi administration for using state resources to develop education. “It’s a great pleasure to be here in Port Harcourt for the first time for me as the Norwegian Ambassador to Nigeria. Actually, a special pleasure in the sense that I come from the Port Harcourt of Norway, Stanger, the centre of the oil industry in Norway and it is very interesting to me to see how Port Harcourt is developing and using the resources of the oil industry to expand education- an area that I understand is very close to your heart.”
It is also of interest for us as a country that has benefited greatly from oil sales that also benefits from co-operating with Nigeria and participating in the oil industry in Nigeria to also visit representatives of environmental NGOs and try to explore more on the societal challenges that you face in this area,” he said.
On his part, the Austrian Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr. Joachim Oppinger also expressed his country’s willingness to have bilateral relations with Rivers State to further develop the state’s education sector.
He said, “Let me just add one short remark which is sort of my interest in coming to Rivers State. I have been here before for a very short time in Nigeria but there is the saying, if you want to understand a person, you have to look at his heart, and for me not only for the reason that the oil is pumped out of the ground, the heart of Nigeria I think is Rivers State. So I think it is important to know how Rivers State is doing to understand Nigeria. I see there is great investment in education going on, we just spoke about that in Rivers State and I think at the end of the day even a country which has such potential in raw material, the real raw material in any country is the brain and I see that there is a strong investment in the brain here and I think there is a chance that Rivers state at a point in time, might not only be the heart pumping the oil, but also the brain of Nigeria and it is indeed good news.”
Responding, Governor Chibuike Amaechi thanked the Ambassadors of Finland, Norway and Austria for their visit and assured that the Rivers State Government would partner with them in the area of education.
Amaechi said security had greatly improved in the state which is why some companies were relocating their headquarters and their staff back to Port Harcourt, the state capital. “There is an indication that there is an improvement in security which we need to focus on to ensure that we don’t lose it again, we continue to remain peaceful. Basically, when it comes to security, the reason for which you have insecurity is poverty. If we address poverty and people are working, they won’t leave their work to go and kidnap people or commit armed robbery or other vices.”

“So in Rivers State here, we are working hard towards creating social environment that improves on people’s well-being and if that happens then you have reduction in crime. We are focusing on agriculture as a tool to creating employment for the workers that are not educated and employed in an unskilled environment. So once you address unskilled labour, then you can tackle the skilled labour a bit easily because they are more mature and not too easily prone to crime. So we are dealing with agriculture with a focus on the primary aspect of agriculture because the secondary aspect which has to do with processing is a bit complicated for the unskilled. But, we are also dealing with the secondary aspect because we have a farm we are partnering with an Israeli firm, about 5,000 hectares of land which includes both primary and secondary to create employment both for the unskilled and skilled manpower.”
So we will be glad to partner with you in the area of education and I think I will get the Commissioner for Education to meet with you tomorrow because I have already briefed you that we send about 300 children every year to UK and Canada and that we have tried to exploit the free opportunity in Germany, that we were able to send only 15, then we tried to exploit the one in Brazil when the Ambassador spoke to us. Out of the 50 chances they gave us, we were able to send only six not because we didn’t enroll 50, but like I told you 44 failed. Some failed woefully so they won’t go back. Others failed in between and they have been asked to repeat the course for another one year. So we will be glad to partner with you and see what opportunities that are open to us,” Amaechi said.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
source:http://governor.riversstate.gov.ng/press/three-european-countries-explore-multilateral-relations-with-rivers/
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 9:11am On Mar 31, 2013
Amaechi and Rivers’ state model schools

Category: Opinion
Published on Thursday, 07 March 2013 05:00
Written by Idang Alibi

Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi won my heart for his self-confidence, courage, positive stubbornness and resolute stance in defence of his controversial policy of outsourcing the management of the model primary and secondary schools that his administration has built as a way of helping to improve the quality of schooling in Rivers State.
In the course of a three-day stay of members of the National Good Governance Tour team in Rivers State from February 13-16, members were conducted round a sample number of some of the flagship development projects Amaechi has executed in the past five years of his leadership of Rivers state. One of the most remarkable of them is the Ambassador Nne Furo Kurubo Model Secondary School located in Eleme, near Port Harcourt. This sample, which is to be replicated in 23 other locations spread across the state, is a marvel to behold. It is no exaggeration to say that at present, there is no secondary school, whether public or private, which is quite like this model in the entire country. In fact, as many observers had cause to remark, the school’s structures and facilities are better than those of most of our universities. They are simply breathtaking. The sheer ambience of the school will make an adult yearn to become a teenager again in order to be able to receive secondary education from that school.
The trouble however with this beautiful idea which is beautifully executed is that Amaechi has decided to outsource the management of this school and the other ones that will be built later on, to an Indian education management firm call Educomp. Not a few of the visitors and indigenes of the state alike resent this idea. They think the arrangement is a negative commentary, a sort of vote of no confidence, on the managerial capacity or ability of Nigerians. They argue that if Amaechi had bothered to search diligently for capable hands he would surely find Nigerians who are good enough and committed enough to be able to run that school.
At the Port Harcourt Civic Centre venue of the Town Hall Meeting which usually marks the end of visit of the National Good Governance Tour team to a state, a concerned citizen raised this matter during the question and answer segment. I thought the governor will buckle under pressure and concede that in deference to popular opinion the school will now be consigned to indigenous Nigerians to run. But not Amaechi. He resolutely stood his ground that the Indians will be asked to run the one now on ground and the 23 others coming so that Rivers state children and the children of other Nigerians in those schools will have quality education.
The idea of the schools is so out-of this world that Amaechi does not want to take the risk of asking Nigerians to run them. And I am one with Amaechi in holding such a view. At the risk of sounding contemptuous of ourselves, I want to state with all sense of responsibility that Amaechi is right. The attitude of our people towards the running of things, especially public institutions and organisations, is so deplorable that I think that in our own interest, we need to bring in more serious minded expatriates to help run some of our critical sectors and then have Nigerians understudy them foe specified period. We will have a guided programme in which such Nigerian apprentices will learn to imbibe some of the global best practices before they can be trusted to be in charge. This may sound outrageous to those who think they are patriotic but it is a bitter pill which some of us who are pragmatic have learnt to recommend as a solution to especially our managerial challenge. My dear compatriots, it is not a matter of incompetence. No. So many Nigerians are smart and so many are smarter than their counterparts elsewhere in the world. The trouble with us however is our attitude. Simple. We have over the years acquired a very bad attitude towards things meant for the common good. Public things are not seen as our individual things. They are like the proverbial community goat that dies of starvation because no one has the right attitude to care for it.
As I said earlier, I support Amaechi’s stance. What Amaechi is paying the Indians for is not necessarily superior administrative competency. No. What he is paying for is attitude. There is no question about it that they are thousands of Nigerians who can mange such a school or any other school for that matter even far better than the Indians. But Amaechi’s fear, which is not groundless, is that because of our attitude, any Nigerians contracted to run the schools will ruin his dream of providing excellent education for children of the poor.
We Nigerians tend to be very sentimental about a lot of issues and I think that is why we are not making much progress. On this particular issue, my honest opinion is that where we need to begin from is to admit to ourselves very honestly that most of us have a very poor attitude to work. Yes, there are lazy, corrupt and incompetent people in India or elsewhere in the world. But in many of those places, including India, there are many people who still have a far better attitude to public work than we do have. The value of hard, impersonal and honest work for the public good is all but gone in our country. And we must confront this serious challenge if we want to develop as fast as many of us expect. Development is not a mere wish. Any people who want progress have no option but to learn to cultivate a very positive attitude to work. There is no other route possible.
Let me move from one outrageous remark to yet another one. I believe that given our terribly poor attitude, we urgently need to outsource the management of some of our services, not only educational ones, to outsiders. Since we seem to feel particularly pained by handing over leadership in some spheres to White or brown skinned people, I recommend that we invite our Diaspora brothers who live in environment where they have imbibed positive attitude to work, to come back and provide leadership and then have us lazy stay-at-home Nigerians to understudy them and imbibe a more positive attitude before we can be trusted and entrusted with some responsibilities. The inconvenient truth we must be ready to face and try hard to overcome is that we have lost it. We have lost a lot of cherished values which make a society grow and become strong.
source:http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/opinion/51960-amaechi-and-rivers-state-model-schools
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 9:32am On Mar 31, 2013
nne korubo model school.....

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 9:41am On Mar 31, 2013
nne korubo....

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 11:08am On Jun 16, 2013
RSG Plans New Bridge For Slaughter-Woji Road

Posted by Collins Barasimeye on May 1st, 2013 and filed under Transport. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

The Rivers State Government will soon construct a new dual-carriage bridge by the side of the Trans-Amadi/Slaughter/Woji Road in Port Harcourt.

The Commissioner for Works, Hon. Victor Giadom disclosed this during a fact-finding trip to the Slaughter-Woji bridge with a team of engineers, journalists and other stakeholders over a report in a social media that the bridge is defective.

Hon. Giadom, who debunked the report said the construction of a new dual-carriage bridge does not mean that the present one is faulty, stressing that, “it is in good state and may not be used for beautification on completion of the new one.”

According to him, the construction of the new bridge was expected to commence in 30 days time, adding that, “we expected to build another bridge on the Elelenwo axis of the road and flyover at Garrison.

Drawing the attention of the team to the publication and the standing bridge, the Ministry of Works boss said, “you can see things for yourself,” and described the information as malicious which was being propelled by people who do not mean well for the state.

He said the columns are standing firm and not slanting as falsely projected by the social media report on internet, pointing out that the state government did a routine maintenance of the bridge in 2010 by engaging the services of Stemco Nig Ltd, and wondered why detractors should fabricate such falsehood.

He also enjoined the public not to believe the malicious report on the social media over the bridge, advising them to confidently use the bridge as it was in good condition.

On the Abuloma/Woji bridge, the commissioner said it had been completed, explaining that what the contractors were doing now was to build the retaining walls through the length of the bridge.

Hon. Giadom further disclosed that movement on the bridge from Peter Odili road to Woji would commence in the next six months.

In their separate speeches, the Managing Director of JDP Construction Company, the company handling the bridge project, Engr. Erez Barzilai and the Director Civil Engineering, Ministry of works, Engr Godpower Maeba assured that the bridge is not slanting or tilted to any side as purportedly reported in the social media, saying, “it stands firm”.

“There is no risk or problem about the bridge at present. The bridge can serve”, said Engr Barzilai, while Engr Maeba noted that, “what you saw at the internet is all manipulation, as we were here this morning, we were able to confirm that the bridge was structurally stable and can last for the next 20 years.

source:http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2013/05/01/rsg-plans-new-bridge-for-slaughter-woji-road/
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 11:14am On Jun 16, 2013
RSG Explains Delay On Iwofe-Rumuolumeni Road …Restates Commitment To Agric Dev
By Staff 20/03/2013 02:04:00
Comment (1)

It has now been made public that what has delayed the reconstruction work on the Iwofe-Rumuolumeni Road project which has been awarded by the Rivers State government is the delay in payment of compensations to owners of properties along the road.

The Rivers State Commissioner for Works, Mr Victor Giadom, who made this known to journalists in Port Harcourt, recently said that property owners compensation issue is one thing that will be settled before proper work will resume on Iwofe Road.

He said that government does not just want to rush into building the road project in haste, pointing out that they are taking their time to ensure that due process is followed.

Giadom re-affirmed the decision of the present administration in the state to insist that due process be followed in the execution of work, adding that no property owner will be left out in this respect.

To this end, he explained that the state government has engaged some professionals who are handling the process of valuation and variations on the properties to be compensated, and that in a short time, the process will be over.

He said that work will resume on the Iwofe Road as soon as the property owners are fully compensated and urged the public to be patient with government, as things are being worked out.

It would be recalled that the Iwofe-Rumuolumeni Road had been a nightmare to road users, especially in the last rainy season, and there had been a very high expectation that the road will be properly fixed before this coming rainy season.

Meanwhile, the Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, has spoken about his administration’s efforts in improving agricultural activities in the state.

Amaechi said agriculture could not be separated from the state’s overall development plan as the sector is being developed to equally stimulate the state’s economy.

The governor spoke during the 38th Annual Conference and 40th Anniversary of the Nigerian Society for Animal Production (NSAP), with the theme, “Animal Agriculture: A Tool for Sustainable Economic Transformation”, at the Amphitheatre of the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt.

Represented by the Commissioner for Agriculture, Hon. Emmanuel Chinda, Governor Amaechi said his administration had established the Songhai Centre, Fish Farms, Banana Plantation and revived the Risonpalm in addition to other initiatives to improve agricultural growth and output in the state.

He said, “we are happy to share with you some of our strides in the area of economic development which agriculture cannot be removed from. We believe that we can develop infrastructure to the best that we can and to the best that we think we can stimulate our economy”.

source:http://www.phctelegraph.com/news/7435-rsg-explains-delay-on-iwofe-rumuolumeni-road-%E2%80%A6restates-commitment-to-agric-dev.html
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Dracula27: 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2013
No offence but most of those pictures are over 2 yrs old. Ameachi stopped working as he got his second tenure.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2013
Dracula27%:
No offence but most of those pictures are over 2 yrs old. Ameachi stopped working as he got his second tenure.
which of them exactly? Please check them again and see the dates they were posted.thanks
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 11:04am On Sep 24, 2013
Rivers Spends N100bn On Health …As RSSDA Wins 2013 HR Best Practice Award

Posted by admin on Sep 23rd, 2013 and filed under Front Pix. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

If ever Rivers State has experienced a boom in healthcare delivery, it is now when Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi’s administration is in place, Rivers State Commissioner for Health, Dr Sampson Parker has said.
Dr Parker spoke at an event organised at the Braithwaite Memorial Hospital, Port Harcourt to appreciate ophthalmologists (eye specialists) from United States-based Hospitals for Humanity, who performed successful surgery with eyesight restored to over 200 glaucoma and cataract patients in collaboration with the Rivers State Government at the weekend.
He disclosed that Governor Amaechi had released almost N100billion into the healthcare delivery system, describing him as having very kind heart for the people of the state.
He appreciated God for enthroning Amaechi as the Rivers State governor, adding that the governor had judiciously expended state funds for the people’s benefits.
After exciting testimonies from glaucoma and cataract patients, Dr Parker said: “We have to thank God because He is the one that has made all these things possible. He is the one that at the right time, decided to bring back Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi from exile to govern Rivers State. He is the one that made him (Amaechi) have a kind heart for the people of Rivers State.
“I have been a doctor in this system for a couple of years before becoming a commissioner, and I have senior colleagues here. I don’t think it has been this good for the Health Ministry as Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has done. If I am lying, please somebody should oppose me.
“Since we came, just last night, we were having a small chat and we were looking at how much has been pumped into the Ministry of Health; almost a N100billion has gone into free healthcare service for Rivers people”, he said.
“We have done about 150 primary healthcare centres, general hospitals and equipped them, and on staff development, we have employed over 200 medical doctors, with 400 nurses, and given incentives to doctors to work harder.
“We have reinstituted training and retraining of medical personnel, and today, our push is to make Braithwaite Memorial Hospital to be a specialist hospital as the name implies, to become a teaching hospital to train young doctors and other health professionals. That is how much he (Amaechi) has put into the Ministry of Health”.
The health commissioner assured that the Amaechi administration would continue to pursue health programmes that would provide quality free healthcare for the people, adding that Governor Amaechi had also approved a specialist manpower development programme for take-off.
He thanked the medical team from Hospitals for Humanity for their collaboration and effort in treating glaucoma and cataract eye patients.
The ophthalmologists from Hospitals for Humanity were in Rivers State on partnership with the Amaechi administration to treat glaucoma and cataract eye patients.
Earlier, the founder and team leader of Hospitals for Humanity, Dr Segun Ajayi said they were able to carry out eye surgery on over 200 patients with support from internal staff at Braithwaite Memorial Specialist Hospital.
Meanwhile, the Rivers State Sustainable Development Agency has won the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) 2013 HR Best Practice Award in the Public Sector Category.
The result was announced after a stiffly competitive exercise that was open to all public sector organisations in Nigeria and a rigorous selection process by CIPM.
At an impressive 45th Annual National Conference in Abuja last Thursday,the President and Chairman of Council of CIPM, Mr. Victor Famuyibo, said the award was instituted to encourage and recognise HR Best Practice across the sectors of the economy, and that he was particularly happy that RSSDA was able to dislodge other public sector organisations to win the award this year.

“I say congratulations to RSSDA and a big thank you to the Rivers State Government for giving RSSDA a space to come up with this kind of excellent performance. Absolutely spot one for us,’’ he said.
The Executive Director of RSSDA, Mr. Noble Pepple described the emergence of the agency, a winner from amongst public sector organisations across the country, as a wonderful reward for the hard work and dedication of the staff.
According to him, the award also “justifies the vision of the state Governor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, who always encourages his people to strive for excellence. The support we get from him propels us to achieve.”
He said, “it is a commitment and a challenge to do more. We will not rest on our oars, we will use the commitment and energy of our staff to serve the government and people of Rivers State and achieve our mandates.”
Earlier, the General Manager, Human Resources and Administration of RSSDA, Mr. Tonye Sukubo said the agency strives to achieve excellence in whatever it does, adding that the value it places on its staff was high.
By winning this year’s award, “it shows we are on the right path in HR practice, and we will continue to strive for excellence,” he said.

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2013/09/23/rivers-spends-n100bn-on-health-as-rssda-wins-2013-hr-best-practice-award/
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
MORE ROADS FOR COMPLETION IN 2013 - GIADOM
Written by MoI&C

State Commissioner for Works, Hon. Victor Giadom said that more roads would be completed and delivered during the year. Speaking to newsmen in his office recently on a number of issues, Hon. Giadom said, Ada-George, Omerelu/Isiokpo/Airport and General Andrew Azazi/(Nkpogu) roads under construction would be completed in 2013. According to him, the Woji Road project in Government Reserved Area being handled by Stemco Construction Company would be completed this 2013 while a section of Peter Odili/ Akpajo link road handled by JDP Construction Company would be completed by June and the other section of the road handled by Raffoul Construction would be completed by the end of the year.

‘‘We have lined up a lot of our critical projects to be completed this year, we would complete Ada-George road before April.’’ ‘‘The dualization of Nkpogu road would be completed before the end of February while the Airforce Fly-Over that collapsed a few months ago would be completed before the end of February.’’ Hon. Giadom hinted that Aba road would be affected when the Garrison/Trans-Amadi/Woji/Elelenwo/East-West road construction work begins, adding that he had directed the Company handling the Nkpogu/LNG road to be fast as the road would serve as an alternate route when the Garrison/East/West road would be under construction.

He also disclosed that the Construction of Iwofe road suffered little set-back because the property owners on the right of way have not been compensated but assured that the Ministry would pay the compensation when the Bureau of Public Procurement ascertains the compensation bill.
http://www.riversstate.gov.ng/item/993-more-roads-for-completion-in-2013-giadom.html
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
NIGHT CONSTRUCTION WORK ONLY, NOT ENOUGH FOR US –GIADOM
Written by MoI&C

Rivers State Commissioner for Works, Hon. Victor Giadom says, contractors handling various projects in the State cannot complete all the projects if they work only in the night. Hon. Giadom said this while fielding questions from Newsmen in his office. He said, at the inception of Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi – led administration, the people were promised that the State would be transformed, consequently, the State embarked on the Construction and Rehabilitation of over 270 Roads/Bridges, Land Reclamation and Shore Protection projects in the 23 Local Government Areas of the State.

He explained that a total road network of 3, 200km traversing the 23 Local Government Areas of the State are being handled, with about 2,000km paved while 1,200km are unpaved roads. The Commissioner disclosed that when the Garrison – Trans Amadi – Woji – Elelenwo – Akpajo Road dualization commences, the State would ensure effective traffic control, using State Traffic officers to check traffic congestion.

He said that the contractor, Renolds Construction Company (RCC) would work day time and night and urged the public to bear with government when the work commences. He hinted that all roads in the Port Harcourt Township, embarked upon by this administration have been completed, explaining that the only pending road in the area which is Creek Road, was initially planned for re-surfacing but that the Engineers discovered that it would still fail shortly after completion.

Consequently, a fresh decision was taken and the road was re-designed in line with the present administration’s policy to deliver quality and durable roads for the use of the people.
http://www.riversstate.gov.ng/item/1478-night-construction-work-only-not-enough-for-us-giadom.html
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2013

Posted by Collins Barasimeye on May 1st, 2013 and filed under Transport. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

The Rivers State Government will soon construct a new dual-carriage bridge by the side of the Trans-Amadi/Slaughter/Woji Road in Port Harcourt.

The Commissioner for Works, Hon. Victor Giadom disclosed this during a fact-finding trip to the Slaughter-Woji bridge with a team of engineers, journalists and other stakeholders over a report in a social media that the bridge is defective.

Hon. Giadom, who debunked the report said the construction of a new dual-carriage bridge does not mean that the present one is faulty, stressing that, “it is in good state and may not be used for beautification on completion of the new one.”

According to him, the construction of the new bridge was expected to commence in 30 days time, adding that, “we expected to build another bridge on the Elelenwo axis of the road and flyover at Garrison.

Drawing the attention of the team to the publication and the standing bridge, the Ministry of Works boss said, “you can see things for yourself,” and described the information as malicious which was being propelled by people who do not mean well for the state.

He said the columns are standing firm and not slanting as falsely projected by the social media report on internet, pointing out that the state government did a routine maintenance of the bridge in 2010 by engaging the services of Stemco Nig Ltd, and wondered why detractors should fabricate such falsehood.

He also enjoined the public not to believe the malicious report on the social media over the bridge, advising them to confidently use the bridge as it was in good condition.

On the Abuloma/Woji bridge, the commissioner said it had been completed, explaining that what the contractors were doing now was to build the retaining walls through the length of the bridge.

Hon. Giadom further disclosed that movement on the bridge from Peter Odili road to Woji would commence in the next six months.

In their separate speeches, the Managing Director of JDP Construction Company, the company handling the bridge project, Engr. Erez Barzilai and the Director Civil Engineering, Ministry of works, Engr Godpower Maeba assured that the bridge is not slanting or tilted to any side as purportedly reported in the social media, saying, “it stands firm”.

“There is no risk or problem about the bridge at present. The bridge can serve”, said Engr Barzilai, while Engr Maeba noted that, “what you saw at the internet is all manipulation, as we were here this morning, we were able to confirm that the bridge was structurally stable and can last for the next 20 years.
http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2013/05/01/rsg-plans-new-bridge-for-slaughter-woji-road/

garrison should have had a flyover from time immemorial.it was actuall in the first PH masterplan.dont know why okilo abandoned it. undecided undecided
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Bensonite: 4:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
phantom:

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2013/05/01/rsg-plans-new-bridge-for-slaughter-woji-road/

garrison should have had a flyover from time immemorial.it was actuall in the first PH masterplan.dont know why okilo abandoned it. undecided undecided
Fly over at garrison will be more than great but I am wondering how traffic will be managed during the construction period which will obviously take years to complete. My take is create as much interconnected roads on streets around that axis as much as possible to create alternative route before such massive project.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Lushgreen: 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
Bensonite:
Fly over at garrison will be more than great but I am wondering how traffic will be managed during the construction period which will obviously take years to complete. My take is create as much interconnected roads on streets around that axis as much as possible to create alternative route before such massive project.

Work is ongoing in most of the streets in D-line.

The drainage works in Kaduna, Emekuku, Ohaeto and other adjoining streets is moving at a fast pace. The quality of work is also good.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 7:44am On Sep 27, 2013
Bensonite:
my brother.the thing is overdue.but traffic on aba road will be crazy when construction starts.thats why nkpogu road needs to be finished to serve as an alternative. by the way,it looks like setraco is not planning to do a fly over at rumuokoro.that would be a shame. East west road should have a minimum of three fly overs along its stretch-okoro, rumudara and tank.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by cooludochi: 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
Do you need to buy/sell a home, property, land?
Do you need a professional service; Realtor, Architect, Stuctural or a Civil Engineer
Then call Caskay Consult on 08065777607...
We also do home and industrial automation...
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by maimalari: 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
Portharcourt, an old city with new clean roads springing up daily.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Abagworo(m): 12:36am On Aug 11, 2014
Almost the entire roads pictured as ongoing here have been completed with the last being Ada George road from Location to Mile 4.

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Abagworo(m): 12:41am On Aug 11, 2014
More recent Port-Harcourt pictures.

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Abagworo(m): 12:47am On Aug 11, 2014
More

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Abagworo(m): 1:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Rumuokwurusi-Igwuruta Road under serious construction.

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by otokx(m): 6:00am On Aug 11, 2014
They should face the iwofe - ogbogoro - ozouba road and also the obiri ikwerre flyover interchange down to airport road. Rumuekini - Aluu road should also be done.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 11, 2014
I saw agip flyover under-construction, is it the second one or the one that has been completed years back.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Abagworo(m): 8:26am On Aug 14, 2014
View of Polo Club with Le Meridien in the background and the completed Tam David West or Obiri Ikwerre ringed bridge.

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 8:34am On Aug 14, 2014
customized13: I saw agip flyover under-construction, is it the second one or the one that has been completed years back.
customized check the dates of those posts. they are quite old.
I ve not had time to update the thread. all of the projects on this thread have been completed.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Abagworo(m): 8:51am On Aug 14, 2014
Some innercity streets of PH city from Eligbam, Rumuomoi and Rumueme.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies / Edo Women Sweeping PDP Away From Benin / Atiku Fails To Defeat Buhari In Any Of 34 Kano LGAs So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.