Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,185 members, 7,839,037 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. (21620 Views)

Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo / Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" / Arewa Consultative Forum Worried Over Dangote, BUA Feud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:56am On Apr 19, 2017
kinah:
dufil was not the first company to produce noodles in Nigeria. it was Nestle with the TWO MINUTES INSTANT NOODLE. then indomie came into the market
Not sure about this info, all I know is, indomie noodles has been existing since 1995.
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by dingbang(m): 10:02am On Apr 19, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

Seriously! Golden Penny is the best when it comes to pasta. Dangote should focus on Sugar and flour.
sugar ke... He should just focus only on cement.. Jack of all trades make master of none... He won't be able to control supervision and thereby paying people for producing substandard products..
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:11am On Apr 19, 2017
dingbang:
sugar ke... He should just focus only on cement.. Jack of all trades make master of none... He won't be able to control supervision and thereby paying people for producing substandard products..
You are right. His strategic manager should focus on where their strength lies than trying to produce all commodities. I could remember their Dansa fruit juice how it flopped, it taste can't be compared with 5 alive or chivita.
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by fabolouz1(m): 10:14am On Apr 19, 2017
At long last Mr Dangote has realised that you should invest on where you have comparative advantage only.
This is also likened to a case where those plotting for your downfall would eventually be the one's contributing to your rise unknowingly. What am i saying in essence? Early 2007, an aggresive campaign of calumny was orchestrated both on the electronic & print media against dufil prima makers of indomie by unknown third forces that indomie noodles which was the only noodle in the market then was toxic and poisonous and has killed people . Prof. Dora Akinyuli then the DG of Nafdac swung into action immediately by ordering a laboratory analysis of the company products which came out clean.
Information has it that Dangote was the brain behind it,his intention was to sent the company packing & take control of the noodles market as He has done in other sectors but this time failed woefully.
Not long afterwards Dangote noodles was introduced into the nigerian market but i don't think their product met customers satisfaction. The sales of asset to dufilprima is a wise decision all the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 19, 2017
Davash222:
In Nigeria every noodle is term INDOMIE. good decision by Dangote, if you ask me.
Golden penny noodles has a great taste no wonder those road sellers use often in preparing noodles for their customers

1 Like

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2017
Dangote would have been able to penetrate the market same way loya milk did
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:26am On Apr 19, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Golden penny noodles has a great taste no wonder those road sellers use often in preparing noodles for their customers
I have a friend that studied microbiology, he said when it comes to food production give it to Golden penny, their product is standard.

1 Like

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 19, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

I have a friend that studied microbiology, he said when it comes to food production give it to Golden penny, their product is standard.
Yeah

1 Like

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Bondesniger(m): 10:36am On Apr 19, 2017
hmm some people will be very happy and others
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by dingbang(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are right. His strategic manager should focus on where their strength lies than trying to produce all commodities. I could remember their Dansa fruit juice how it flopped, it taste can't be compared with 5 alive or chivita.
he wants to be a household brand.. But lacks d capabilities for it. He should learn from his predecessors like John D. Rockefeller..
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Pro2makx(m): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2017
Recession in play
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by kinah(f): 11:17am On Apr 19, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

Not sure about this info, all I know is, indomie noodles has been existing since 1995.

check dis http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://www.maggi.com.au/products/maggi-noodles/core&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjVh6TPpLDTAhVPaVAKHSgIArgQFggYMAU&usg=AFQjCNGdht9_4hNP1-ZAfpXw2yKm9gL5Vw

click like if u remember Maggi 2 minute instant noodle.

2 Likes

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by jclassiq(m): 11:23am On Apr 19, 2017
Its been a long time coming. They shld have done this a long time ago.
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:36am On Apr 19, 2017
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 19, 2017
signz:

Beautiful post.

However, maybe Dangote doesn't really know how to compete without FG's help undecided.
Don't think he even need the F.G,he should just focus on the Ma Sia to start with,and work on his spices n sell different package, there is nothing wrong in been a copy cat, have too much pepper spice for my people in the south west rather a blanket spice for everybody. See indomie na,they even get indomie peppersoup.Market is dynamic just get your product and marketing right first then everything will follow.But I dey suspect my Oga Dangote he might have buy some shares of Dufil
and he is obviously looking at the bigger picture, after all they export Nigeria indomie to South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by DICKtator: 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
Porter's five forces comes to mind.

Dufil keeps on beating competition.

Please, who will save us from Dufil?
No indigenous brand to save us from Dufil?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
DICKtator:
Please, who will save us from Dufil? No indigenous brand to save us from Dufil?
grin grin grin grin
chiki chiki and honeywell noodles are just as good as Indomie. I don't know why people don't patronise them as much.
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Princeemzzy(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
This news affect me mehn
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by DICKtator: 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
Joavid:

chiki chiki and honeywell noodles are just as good as Indomie.
I don't know why people don't patronise them as much.

emmm, Chiki Chiki?

Where is that sold?

Are you in some Asian country or what?
Like someone typed earlier, Dufil has been able to leverage on its brand "Indomie"( watch their recent Mallam and the kids advert),that all noodles are referred to as "Indomie". That is called goodwill ( you definitely know this!). They have an advantage and i suppose they've been in the "game" for a while.( someone typed as early as 1995).

grin grin grin grin
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by henrimoto(m): 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hmnnnn. ... This clause of the contract get as e be.

, “Under the terms of sales agreement, Dufil Prima Foods, will continue to produce and sell noodles under the brand name, ‘Dangote Noodles’ for two years before changing the brand name.”

Alhaji Dangote!! The Wise business Mugol.
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Obdk: 8:51am On Aug 23, 2017
DICKtator:
Please, who will save us from Dufil? No indigenous brand to save us from Dufil?
grin grin grin grin
here in Nnewi. we have tummy tummy

its quite good
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by karlboss: 2:48pm On May 17, 2019
Obdk:

here
in Nnewi. we have tummy tummy

its quite good

In the east Na tummy tummy be no1. Maybe it's because of the carrot inside.

They said indomie generates 1 billion dollars annually and I ask myself if this can happen without conquering the whole Nigeria then there is money to be made in Nigeria

Someone asked a question which Nigeria brand can conquer dufil foods I think it's impossible oh. These guys know Nigeria more than we do. See what they did with power oil, that is why as we are running away from Nigeria they are coming to invest more

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Building Painting: Cost Of Painting House In Nigeria / CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms / 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.