Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Terror Attack: What Are Your Experiences Abroad Now? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Terror Attack: What Are Your Experiences Abroad Now? (589 Views)

Has A Beggar Ever Scammed You? Share Your Experiences / Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! / Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terror Attack: What Are Your Experiences Abroad Now? by dgreatrock(m): 11:48pm On Jan 02, 2010
Since the aftermath of Mutallab's attempted attack, what has been your experience outside Nigeria?
Re: Terror Attack: What Are Your Experiences Abroad Now? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 03, 2010
doesnt affect me or change my life ONE BIT. . . . . . there has been terrorist from all over the world even US or UK(remember Richard Reid the shoe bomber or Timothy McVeigh) so the fact that this one was nigerian shouldnt affect anyone unless he was a close friend of yours.

on the other hand if the next 3 big attacks comes from nigerians then people should start worrying.
Re: Terror Attack: What Are Your Experiences Abroad Now? by dgreatrock(m): 6:51pm On Jan 05, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

doesnt affect me or change my life ONE BIT. . . . . . there has been terrorist from all over the world even US or UK(remember Richard Reid the shoe bomber or Timothy McVeigh) so the fact that this one was nigerian shouldnt affect anyone unless he was a close friend of yours.

on the other hand if the next 3 big attacks comes from nigerians then people should start worrying.
I guess you would like to review ypur post as nigerians are to be accorded the same security screening in the US, or what do you think/
Re: Terror Attack: What Are Your Experiences Abroad Now? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 05, 2010
last time i flew to the US, i had to take off my shoes 3 times (and i was just in transit!!!!) so i dont think life is going to be any different at US airports. its all the same, doesnt change my life ONE BIT.
if they remotely decide to detain me THEN WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!!!

its not like you are in a hurry to go anywhere anyway, if you are then allow plenty of time for your "strip search" in between flights. et voila!

PS: you are talking about Nigerians, look at what happened to ALL ARABS(regardless of their country) when one saudi CU NT did what he did in 9/11. if you want to talk about unfairness, then i think you should talk about that.
Re: Terror Attack: What Are Your Experiences Abroad Now? by oyinda3(f): 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2010
@ Mrbrownjay,
just because you haven't been affected doesn't mean other Nigerians ( esp. if you are a non citizen immigrant, international student etc ) haven't been had negative experiences

read this except from a topic posted on the front page of this site:

Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station

. . .Specifically, Nigerians believed to be living in the UK illegally, have now gone into hiding for fear of being swooped on by[b] the Metropolitan Police, who are said to be keeping 24 hours surveillance over areas largely populated by Nigerians, [/b]with particular attention on Nigerians with any muslim name.
When Sunday Tribune visited Peckham, Hackneywick, East London, Stevelage and Watford, all outside London and other suburbs in the UK, which are known to be highly populated by blacks, an air of apprehension and fear of the unknown enveloped the area, with residents afraid of going out to engage in their normal daily routine.

It was also gathered that Nigerian students who are genuinely studying in the UK are now living in fear because of the belief that the application for the renewal of their visas to enable them continue with their studies would be rejected.
At the Heathrow and Gatwick airports, intending Nigerian travellers were made to go through serious and inhuman screening before being allowed to board any plane to any destination.

One of the passengers (names withheld), was ordered to remove his belt at the screening point and to the amusement of other Nigerians and travellers on the queue, his trousers fell off and he was almost unclothed, only for the security operatives to say “we are sorry.”
Another female Igbo traveller, who was visiting Nigeria for Christmas was ferried into the rest room by a female security operative at the airport; she returned complaining that she had been unduly insulted by the security officer.

Speaking with Sunday Tribune on her travail, the fair-looking Nigerian lady from Abia State who pleaded anonymity said, “I wonder why the uncivilised action of one person should be visited on all Nigerians, you needed to see the kind of insult I was subjected to in the toilet, my privacy was infringed upon.
Re: Terror Attack: What Are Your Experiences Abroad Now? by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 06, 2010
@oyinda
the poster asked what has been YOUR experience and if it has changed OUR lives(as individuals). . . . . . . . . . it hasnt changed my life ONE BIT.

if others have personally been affected by it then they should write about it, i havent so i write about it.
Re: Terror Attack: What Are Your Experiences Abroad Now? by oyinda3(f): 12:34am On Jan 09, 2010
so the fact that this one was nigerian shouldnt affect anyone unless he was a close friend of yours.

i was referring to this quote^

(1) (Reply)

Jokes / Plots Of Land At Journalist Estate Arepo For N3m Only / Entertainment At Its Best, Get Music Beats Easy Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.