Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend (3240 Views)

She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife / Domestic Violence:the Untold Story Of Engr. Chinyere Sylvia Akaleme (nee Igbo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Protagonist(m): 9:23am On Apr 19, 2017
I loved her. I mean I loved my ex, well maybe not yet, girl-friend. But most times, when things went south, I realized love is not enough to build a ‘forever’ relationship. I think mutual respect is important too.

How long can the relationship last, where I am violently abused on a daily basis, by my highly temperamental girlfriend; who deliberately deteriorate situations to that level just to satisfy her violent tendencies. Then later flag work-stress as the cause of her violent outburst. That’s not the only reason though. Sometimes, she spurs me to anger, if I react, I am injured, if I don’t, she won’t speak with me through the day till 4am the following morning, when she will request I cuddle her. And me, as ridiculous as it sounds, will just comply.

In recent time, the victims of abusive relationships and marriages are no longer women. They are men. Shame and stigmatization are factors that have continually hindered these men from seeking help for this problem.

Not just my case, a friend’s uncle used to be a victim too. His wife will tear his clothes, rain curses on him in public. All he ever does is walk away, with a heavy heart in agony.

One particular feature of turbulence of this kind, is the destruction of properties, especially properties the man bought. The moment these violent women start going wild, they begin to destroy everything within their reach, and even perhaps try to use it to harm the man. Although, like myself, men in abusive relationships and marriages must understand that walking away is the most advisable thing to do, and must summon the courage to do so.

This World has to be a fair society for all. There has to be a movement against the abuse of men in relationships and marriages. As odd has it sounds, over 25% of me in relationships and marriages are victims of ‘domestic’ violence; and we need to know that we are not alone. I have my scars as proof. So do many others. It should be known that not only women are abused, men are victims too. Ours is even more precarious because there is no single voice peaking for us.
IN A FAIR SOCIETY, IT IS JUSTICE FOR ALL.

4 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 19, 2017
shocked
Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by gbegemaster(m): 9:31am On Apr 19, 2017
What? You a mean a woman, born of another woman slaps you upandan like a b*tch and you are still calling her your girlfriend? That girl knows that the guys that will put up with her nonsense are scarce, so she's holding you hostage.

There are several ways to deal with an abusive woman without lifting a finger. One way is to stop complying. You must stand your ground. Tell her you are taking a break. Lock up your house and stay with a friend for a week. After that, change your routine. Watch her reaction once she's finding it hard to predict you.

If you must give her the sack then get some of your hefty friends to help you restrain her. Then ignore all future rantings and move on with your life.

6 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by sinaj(f): 10:01am On Apr 19, 2017
some people will notice the crazy tendency in their bf/gf nd still go ahead to marry thinking marriage will change it.

That's just why I feel no pity for those in abusive relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Zeedarh(f): 10:26am On Apr 19, 2017
No to any form of violence.
But bros, which kain vegetable you chop?

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by DozieInc(m): 11:00am On Apr 19, 2017
Violence and fits of anger are traits I will never tolerate in a relationship.

OP. You better do something, for your own good.

4 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Protagonist(m): 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
gbegemaster:
What? You a mean a woman, born of another woman slaps you upandan like a b*tch and you are still calling her your girlfriend? That girl knows that the guys that will put up with her nonsense are scarce, so she's holding you hostage.

There are several ways to deal with an abusive woman without lifting a finger. One way is to stop complying. You must stand your ground. Tell her you are taking a break. Lock up your house and stay with a friend for a week. After that, change your routine. Watch her reaction once she's finding it hard to predict you.

If you must give her the sack then get some of your hefty friends to help you restrain her. Then ignore all future rantings and move on with your life.

Thanks gbegemaster, the stupid thing is that I love her and can't stay away. And she knows that.
Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Protagonist(m): 12:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
DozieInc:
Violence and fits of anger are traits I will never tolerate in a relationship.

OP. You better do something, for your own good.
I am a private person and don't keep friends. The only friend I have stays in Lagos, while I stay in Abuja. So I can't escape to anywhere. Just trapped
Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Protagonist(m): 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
Zeedarh:
Don't get you.
Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by thorpido(m): 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
.........but I love her cry

While dating,these signs are always there but they foolishly hope things will change.

4 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Protagonist(m): 12:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
sinaj:
some people will notice the crazy tendency in their bf/gf nd still go ahead to marry thinking marriage will change it.

That's just why I feel no pity for those in abusive relationship.

I have tried severally to end the relationship, but she won't stop coming. Before you know it, we are on again. Last night's trouble left me with terrible injuries that I couldn't go to work today.
She has left, but I'm sure she will be here tomorrow, when she feels things have settled. And beg
Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by gbegemaster(m): 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
Protagonist:

Thanks gbegemaster, the stupid thing is that I love her and can't stay away. And she knows that.
Bros girls full town na. Girls that won't see your malleability as a weakness.

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by gbegemaster(m): 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
Protagonist:

I have tried severally to end the relationship, but she won't stop coming. Before you know it, we are on again. Last night's trouble left me with terrible injuries that I couldn't go to work today.
She has left, but I'm sure she will be here tomorrow, when she feels things have settled. And beg
OP make dem nor kill you for nothing oh. If you die she will move on. Abi na veejay dey hold you hostage so? Abi she be Master of acrobatics? Abi na food? Abi na money? Wetin wan make you wan die inside this matter so?

Please force yourself and declare a break biko.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Fadamant: 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
This op is not serious at all. You call yourself a man and you see yourself as helpless before your girl friend? God forbid. KICK THAT GIRL OUT PERMENENTLY, before she kills you.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
say no to violent relationships. Violence is something I can't take. The day my gf will slap me or tear my shirt, is the day the relationship would end. There are too many fishes in the sea.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
Zeedarh:

tomorrow now they would change mouth and be shouting inequality, feminism blah blah. Double standard.
So because he's a guy, he becomes a vegetable. If it was a girl now, you would be crying wolf about how she is vulnerable and shii.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by sisisioge: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
Oga! They dey fry plantain for your head? Biko find your wife go front. Na so that Ibadan lawyer take kill that bobo so...guy is 6ft under now...babe isn't heard from again. Who knows, she might be meowing under another man right now. Say no to violent or abusive relationship... It is toxic!

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Protagonist(m): 4:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
Fadamant:
This op is not serious at all. You call yourself a man and you see yourself as helpless before your girl friend? God forbid. KICK THAT GIRL OUT PERMENENTLY, before she kills you.

Fadamant, I'm really trying. But your encouragements will serve as strength. I promise
Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Protagonist(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
gbegemaster:
OP make dem nor kill you for nothing oh. If you die she will move on. Abi na veejay dey hold you hostage so? Abi she be Master of acrobatics? Abi na food? Abi na money? Wetin wan make you wan die inside this matter so?

Seriously, not money, food or whatever. Just pure love. But my head is coming down now.

As for the acrobatics, lol. You have a point there grin
gbegemaster:

Seriously, not money, food or whatever. Just pure love. But my head is coming down now.

As for the acrobatics, lol. You have a point there
Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Fadamant: 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
Protagonist:

Fadamant, I'm really trying. But your encouragements will serve as strength. I promise

Okay. I tell you what. The reason it is difficult for you to break with her is that you've become too emotionally attached to her owing to co-habitating and frequent sex.

You need to man-up, stop having sex with her and finally kick her out. I recommend you take her out of your house and tell her plainly that you are breaking up, and don't listen to any pleas from her and don't believe any promises of change from her, because she will never change, except by God's intervention.

Do these for your life's sake. It is better to be safe , than to be sorry.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by gbolahanoluyemi(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
Married to an Adulterer?
How can the law help you?
Gallery image
Gallery image
The law provides remedies for victims of extra marital affairs
In recent times, allegations of adultery by public personalities have occupied the social media. This no doubt changed the fact that many married persons are married to adulterous spouses. While some are aware of this fact, many are ignorant of the situation. This publication considers adultery under the Matrimonial Causes Act, how it is proved and the remedy available to a spouse who has been a victim of adultery.

The Court of Appeal in IBEABUCHI v. IBEABUCHI reported as (2016) LPELR-41268(CA) defined Adultery as consensual intercourse between two persons of opposite sexes, at least one of whom is married to a person other than the one with whom the intercourse is had, and since the celebration of the marriage.

Establishing adultery in a court of law is not as easy as it is in the cultural system. In law seeing your spouse hanging out with an opposite sex on a date with nothing more may not amount to sufficient proof of adultery. To successfully establish adultery, there must be sexual intercourse and the sexual intercourse must be voluntary and at least one of the parties must be married. Rape does not amount to adultery.

Adultery is one of the grounds permitted by law for the dissolution of marriages provided the adultery has not been condoned by the spouse. Adultery is difficult to be proved, judging by the fact that adulterers usually exercise extreme secrecy during the act. The law however allows it to be proved by inference from circumstances where it cannot be proved by direct evidence.

Proving adultery is not as easy as alleging adultery, the co-adulterer must be joined in the petition, under Islamic law, an allegation of adultery leveled against a woman must be proved by the testimonies of four unimpeachable Muslims who must have seen the adulterous act. However, in the secular court which applies the Matrimonial Causes Act, direct evidence which is very rare can be given, adultery can also be proved by circumstantial evidence that could be in various forms e.g. If the victim can prove that the spouse had contacted a sexually transmitted disease from a third party during the marriage, this will give rise to a presumption of adultery; If the victim proves that the spouse visits a brothel with an opposite sex, it will be presumed that such a spouse has committed adultery; confessions of spouse; birth of a child outside wedlock etc.

The law is that, a party to a marriage whether husband or wife may, in a petition for a decree of dissolution of the marriage alleging that the other party to the marriage has committed adultery with a person claim damages from that person who has committed adultery with his/her spouse. You can sue your husband's girlfriend and get damages, likewise husbands can get damages from their wives' boyfriends.

The purpose of the damages for adultery are not to compensate for the loss which the victim has suffered, even though the Court may consider matters such as damage done to the victim by the blow to his/her honour, the hurt to his/her family life and injury to his/her feelings, the court may give directives with regards the manner in which the damages awarded shall be paid or applied and may, if the circumstances warrant, direct that the damages be settled for the benefit of the victim or the children of the marriage.

It must be noted that, the Court will not grant damages in respect of an act of adultery committed more than three years before the date of the petition. To learn more or ask questions about marriages, divorce and the law, please send us an email via lawcandles@gmail.com or olivesandcandles@yahoo.com

Engaging in adultery cost us religious benefits and can also make us pay huge sums in damages. So when next you receive a proposal from a married person, think twice or better still, confide in a lawyer.

extracted from https://www.smore.com/scgxr
Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Fadamant: 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
gbolahanoluyemi:
Married to an Adulterer?
Gallery image
Gallery image
In recent times, allegations of adultery by public personalities have occupied the social media. This no doubt changed the fact that many married persons are married to adulterous spouses. While some are aware of this fact, many are ignorant of the situation. This publication considers adultery under the Matrimonial Causes Act, how it is proved and the remedy available to a spouse who has been a victim of adultery.

The Court of Appeal in IBEABUCHI v. IBEABUCHI reported as (2016) LPELR-41268(CA) defined Adultery as consensual intercourse between two persons of opposite sexes, at least one of whom is married to a person other than the one with whom the intercourse is had, and since the celebration of the marriage.

Establishing adultery in a court of law is not as easy as it is in the cultural system. In law seeing your spouse hanging out with an opposite sex on a date with nothing more may not amount to sufficient proof of adultery. To successfully establish adultery, there must be sexual intercourse and the sexual intercourse must be voluntary and at least one of the parties must be married. Rape does not amount to adultery.

Adultery is one of the grounds permitted by law for the dissolution of marriages provided the adultery has not been condoned by the spouse. Adultery is difficult to be proved, judging by the fact that adulterers usually exercise extreme secrecy during the act. The law however allows it to be proved by inference from circumstances where it cannot be proved by direct evidence.

Proving adultery is not as easy as alleging adultery, the co-adulterer must be joined in the petition, under Islamic law, an allegation of adultery leveled against a woman must be proved by the testimonies of four unimpeachable Muslims who must have seen the adulterous act. However, in the secular court which applies the Matrimonial Causes Act, direct evidence which is very rare can be given, adultery can also be proved by circumstantial evidence that could be in various forms e.g. If the victim can prove that the spouse had contacted a sexually transmitted disease from a third party during the marriage, this will give rise to a presumption of adultery; If the victim proves that the spouse visits a brothel with an opposite sex, it will be presumed that such a spouse has committed adultery; confessions of spouse; birth of a child outside wedlock etc.

The law is that, a party to a marriage whether husband or wife may, in a petition for a decree of dissolution of the marriage alleging that the other party to the marriage has committed adultery with a person claim damages from that person who has committed adultery with his/her spouse. You can sue your husband's girlfriend and get damages, likewise husbands can get damages from their wives' boyfriends.

The purpose of the damages for adultery are not to compensate for the loss which the victim has suffered, even though the Court may consider matters such as damage done to the victim by the blow to his/her honour, the hurt to his/her family life and injury to his/her feelings, the court may give directives with regards the manner in which the damages awarded shall be paid or applied and may, if the circumstances warrant, direct that the damages be settled for the benefit of the victim or the children of the marriage.

It must be noted that, the Court will not grant damages in respect of an act of adultery committed more than three years before the date of the petition. To learn more or ask questions about marriages, divorce and the law, please send us an email via lawcandles@gmail.com or olivesandcandles@yahoo.com

Engaging in adultery cost us religious benefits and can also make us pay huge sums in damages. So when next you receive a proposal from a married person, think twice or better still, confide in a lawyer.

Don't spam this thread, oga adulterer. How does this help the op?
Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Viking007(m): 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
Protagonist:

Bros, You need deliverance.

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Protagonist(m): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
Fadamant:

Okay. I tell you what. The reason it is difficult for you to break with her is that you've become too emotionally attached to her owing to co-habitating and frequent sex.

You need to man-up, stop having sex with her and finally kick her out. I recommend you take her out of your house and tell her plainly that you are breaking up, and don't listen to any pleas from her and don't believe any promises of change from her, because she will never change, except by God's intervention.

Do these for your life's sake. It is better to be safe , than to be sorry.

Thanks man
Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Protagonist(m): 6:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
gbolahanoluyemi:
Married to an Adulterer?
Gallery image
Gallery image

Wehdone Sir. Please use the door
Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
Not here to advise you because you don't look like someone that would heed to advice, just came to say Females physically abusing Males is Comedy Trope. peace out cool

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by TheeDetective: 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
WHAT SORT OF SILLY LOVE IS THIS MATE? undecided I’m going to be quiet brutal here dude . SOMETHING REALLY IS WRONG WITH YOU if you think it’s normal for you to remain in an abusive relationship with someone you are still in the courting stage with. Is it until she inflicts harm on you before you know it’s time to get rid of her? angry By then, it’ll be too late. IF YOU HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS AND YOU ALLOW THIS WOMAN TO KILL YOU, DO YOU KNOW HOW THAT WILL HURT YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS? You are selfish if you allow that to happen and put your family members into chaos especially since you could have avoided harm coming to you. IF YOU DON’T WANT TO HAVE PITY FOR YOURSELF, AT LEAST HAVE PITY FOR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS ESPECIALLY YOUR MUM AND DAD. MAN-UP AND GET OUT OF THAT TOXIC RELATIONSHIP AND ENVIRONMENT NOW . If you like make you listen, if you like make you no listen nah your cup of tea be that, no say dem no warn you o. You take eye see am say people wey dey respond to you here dey tell you say make you run faster than Usian Bolt before had I known sets in. ENOUGH SAID.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by TheeDetective: 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
No mind am jare, I am just surprised how he is responding as if it is comedy angry. His type won't heed to advice as LOVE has blinded him that he can't see front again to get out of that toxic relationship all in the name of LOVE. I pity his family members more as if anything happens to him in the hands of this abusive woman, they would be hurt even more than him.
pcguru1:
Not here to advise you because you don't look like someone that would heed to advice, just came to say Females physically abusing Males is Comedy Trope. peace out cool

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by Protagonist(m): 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2017
TheeDetective:
WHAT SORT OF SILLY LOVE IS THIS MATE? undecided I’m going to be quiet brutal here dude . SOMETHING REALLY IS WRONG WITH YOU if you think it’s normal for you to remain in an abusive relationship with someone you are still in the courting stage with. Is it until she inflicts harm on you before you know it’s time to get rid of her? angry By then, it’ll be too late. IF YOU HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS AND YOU ALLOW THIS WOMAN TO KILL YOU, DO YOU KNOW HOW THAT WILL HURT YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS? You are selfish if you allow that to happen and put your family members into chaos especially since you could have avoided harm coming to you. IF YOU DON’T WANT TO HAVE PITY FOR YOURSELF, AT LEAST HAVE PITY FOR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS ESPECIALLY YOUR MUM AND DAD. MAN-UP AND GET OUT OF THAT TOXIC RELATIONSHIP AND ENVIRONMENT NOW . If you like make you listen, if you like make you no listen nah your cup of tea be that, no say dem no warn you o. You take eye see am say people wey dey respond to you here dey tell you say make you run faster than Usian Bolt before had I known sets in. ENOUGH SAID.

Thanks for your help. I have deviced an arrangement. Since my rent will expire next month, I intend to quietly pack without her knowledge. Sounds childish, but that's all I've got. All the same, Thanks

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by TheeDetective: 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
You welcome dude and you got a good idea there and I am glad you are heeding to counsel cheesy. TO ECHO MY ADVICE AGAIN GET OUT OF THAT TOXIC RELATIONSHIP FAST, IF NOT FOR YOURSELF, FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND LOVED ONES AS THEY ARE THE ONES WHO WOULD SUFFER IF ANY THING BAD HAPPENS TO YOU IN THE HANDS OF THIS WOMAN (I DON'T EVEN WANT TO CALL HER YOUR GF AS SHE AIN'T WORTH BEING CALLED A GF) AS SHE WOULD NOT FEEL ANY REMORSE.
Protagonist:

Thanks for your help. I have deviced an arrangement. Since my rent will expire next month, I intend to quietly pack without her knowledge. Sounds childish, but that's all I've got. All the same, Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by TheeDetective: 7:12pm On Apr 19, 2017
So true and as you said they see the signs and in the name of a word called LOVE they remain there hoping after they marry the violet individual they will suddenly change from their violet ways. They forget the saying "A live dog is better than a dead Lion" cool.
thorpido:
.........but I love her cry

While dating,these signs are always there but they foolishly hope things will change.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: The Guy With The Abusive Girlfriend by teemy(m): 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
... she pulled a knife at him before marriage, after marriage she still pulled a knife at him. what you condone grows, not reduce. but we know they won't hear and it is not their fault when the expected finally happens. hmm, love things.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How My Dad's Friend Raped Me ------5 Year Old Girl / Whoever Thinks Raising Kid Is Easy, See These (pics) / She Toast Me Today. And I Agreed Just Because Of Her Courage. Am Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.