Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,616 members, 7,827,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

"Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi (1244 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi And The 2 Controversial Rail Projects / Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son / Rotimi Amaechi And Abdulsalami Abubakar Laughing And Playing (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by arterxerxes: 9:26am On Apr 19, 2017
Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi talks about How much Nigerian Ministers earn per month, per year and also their housing allowances, travel allowances and other allowances that each minister takes.
He said minister earn 4 million naira as housing allowances that is only paid monthly, that is, about 333,000 naira per month as housing allowances. He said their travel allowance is about 500 dollars.

Are Ministers supposed to be paid in Dollars? How true is this, that their housing allowances are 4 million a year? How do they cope if the money is not enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53O5NWu2KPI
Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by arterxerxes: 9:27am On Apr 19, 2017
For me, I don't believe it
Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by EdCure: 9:30am On Apr 19, 2017
That's quite modest.
But just like every word from a regular Nigerian politician, I take this info with a pinch of salt.

3 Likes

Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by gberra: 9:36am On Apr 19, 2017
arterxerxes:
Believe whatever you want. 18years on since our democratic return, it would be the first a Minister would make a public statement on their allowances & it takes an APC government to take the lead.

4 Likes

Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by gberra: 9:39am On Apr 19, 2017
EdCure:
That's quite modest.
But just like every word from a regular Nigerian politician, I take this info with a pinch of salt.
I have never seen anywhere Amaechi lied in public. There are very few outta the bunch one may bank on.

1 Like

Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by dlondonbadboy: 9:39am On Apr 19, 2017
Liars!

Ameachi lies even when it's not necessary..that's the only difference between him and lie Mohammed.
Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by seunmsg(m): 9:44am On Apr 19, 2017

Are Ministers supposed to be paid in Dollars?

All civil and public servants on official assignment outside of the country are entitled to estacodes in dollars. In most cases though, they are paid the Naira equivalent.

1 Like

Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by MaziOmenuko: 9:45am On Apr 19, 2017
Are Ministers supposed to be paid in Dollars

The travel allowance is the only one paid in dollars and that is quite understandable especially if they are on official trip in a foreign country. they will need to book hotels, feed and spend money in a country that doesn't understand what a naira is.

How true is this, that their housing allowances are 4 million a year? How do they cope if the money is not enough?

That is why it is called an allowance. Meanwhile, politics is not a career; it is supposed to be service to ones nation. Its not an avenue to make ends meet.

Of course, when something is beyond your mental capacity, it is only wise that you reject it and seek for things within your level of comprehension.

4 Likes

Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 19, 2017
I hear
Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by LionDeLeo: 9:55am On Apr 19, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

The travel allowance is the only one paid in dollars and that is quite understandable especially if they are on official trip in a foreign country. they will need to book hotels, feed and spend money in a country that doesn't understand what a naira is.

That is why it is called an allowance. Meanwhile, politics is not a career; it is supposed to be service to ones nation. Its not an avenue to make ends meet.

Of course, when something is beyond your mental capacity, it is only wise that you reject it and seek for things within your level of comprehension.

10/10
Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by LionDeLeo: 9:57am On Apr 19, 2017
They are coming to tell their fellows with very high affinity for falsehood how it is a lie. Meanwhile, there won't be any explanation, just a lie, daz all.
Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by DozieInc(m): 10:04am On Apr 19, 2017
sad sad
Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by Khd95(m): 10:06am On Apr 19, 2017
But they loot over 50billion dollars in secretly,shey
Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2017
Well he just said what is on paper.... where you expecting him to say otherwise?
Same way dogara gave us what is on paper... no difference really..

But Rivers state is looking for its N500b on sale of gas turbines.... one only begins to wonder.

1 Like

Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by scribble: 10:16am On Apr 19, 2017
Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by SalamRushdie: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2017
Who is talking about official allowance? Lootimi should the us the loot allowance
Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by BrosPeter: 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
gberra:
I have never seen anywhere Amaechi lied in public. There are very few outta the bunch one may bank on.

You have probably been living in a remote part of Siberia.

Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by Bodexman(m): 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
At least, they are beginning to see that they owe us accountability.

Nothing should will done in secrecy. It is not an occultic association. I wish the NASS will also follow suit.

Let's encourage them and not criticize unnecessarily.
Re: "Ministers Earn 333K And $500 For Housing & Travel Allowance" -Rotimi Amaechi by vanndubi: 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
Are those allowances taxable? I ask because I don't understand Mr. Speaker's pay slip details.

(1) (Reply)

South-south Leaders To FG On Biafra: Listen To The Cries Of Igbo / See Diezani Alison-madueke’s $37.5M Banana Island Property Forfeited To FG / See The Crowd That Gathered At The Children Conference Organised By IPOB In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.