Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri (3188 Views)

Ninth NASS: APC Zones Deputy Senate President To S’east, S’south / Ekwueme's Burial : Buhari, Peter Obi, S’east Governors Missing / RESTRUCTURING: S’west, S’east, S’south Strategize, As North Is Snubbed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Kingspin(m): 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
OWERRI—A chieftain of Ijaw Peoples Assembly and a human rights activist, Miss Annkio Briggs, has expressed worry over what she termed “the induced differences between the South East and South South geo-political zones of the country”.

Briggs, made her feelings known yesterday, during the first South East/South South Conference in Owerri. “Our traducers not only balkanized the former Eastern Region, but also injected false and jaundiced propaganda that has effectively left us where are today”, Miss Briggs said. While saying that she is a very proud Ijaw woman, Miss Briggs however insisted that nobody should coerce her into being a better Nigerian without necessarily being a patriotic Ijaw woman.

“There is a lot of misinformation in the land. We must be determined to save ourselves from the grip of those who hate us. There must be a time we must sit down and work out a way to drive this unification project”, Briggs pleaded. She recalled with grief that the two zones were making huge sacrifices to keep Nigeria afloat, pointing out that all the federal allocations to the states and local government areas are skewed in favour of the North.

On the issue of grazing land for herdsmen, Miss Briggs said it was the most senseless thing for any state to do. Speaking also, an elder statesman, Dr. Uma Eleazu, reasoned that “we have several groups pulling us in different directions, adding that “what we need is self determination as distinct from sovereignty”.

In his own presentation, one of the conveners of the conference, Chief Aloysius Osuji, lamented that the South East/South South zones are the worst hit in the present federal system. “Why are the Port Harcourt, Warri and Calabar ports not functioning? Why should our traders be forced to use only the Lagos ports? The Federal Government should please give us the answer”, Osuji said.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/seast-ssouth-senselessly-balkanized-annkio-briggs/

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
Southern unity is the way forward. With a clearly defined goal and steps in actualizing them, even development will surely envelop the region. A step in the right direction.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Blue3k(m): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
Glad theirs been an update. The other thread devolved in tribal nonsense.

“Why are the Port Harcourt, Warri and Calabar ports not functioning? Why should our traders be forced to use only the Lagos ports? The Federal Government should please give us the answer”, Osuji said.

This question is brought too often. Im sure theirs a scholary journal on this. If I can find some I'd love to put this issue to bed. I'm thinking it's simply because eastern ports aren't as good let's be honest. They have small depths and market smaller.

The Nigerian government currently wants more deep seaports that's why the are putting funds for Lagos and Akwa Ibom to build theirs. If everything goes as planned country will have 4 deep seaports.

Look at port details and compare.

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by gurnam: 3:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
Blue3k:
Glad theirs been an update. The other thread devolved in tribal nonsense.

Blame amarabae and others ipob miscreants.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by raker300: 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
gurnam:

you want southern unity yet you insult the bane of the igbo identity, IPOB. Lol.

I am igbo and wouldn't want to see such nonsense unity cos I know it's a fake front for a few pple to get into power.

7 Likes

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by raker300: 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
When they want something, they shout "southern unity"

When they get it, they shout "we're not biafrans"

Lol

7 Likes

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Igboesika: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
God bless people of SE/SS. United we stand.
Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Igboesika: 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2017
raker300:
you want southern unity yet you insult the bane of the igbo identity, IPOB. Lol.

I am igbo and wouldn't want to see such nonsense unity cos I know it's a fake front for a few pple to get into power.

For the second time.. Aren't you a Yoruba muslim ?

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Amarabae(f): 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2017
My key interest is South East Development. Period.

4 Likes

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by raker300: 4:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
Igboesika:

For the second time.. Aren't you a Yoruba muslim ?
go to my handle. I am more igbo than you are. Most of the southeast news here are gotten from me, I have south east in my blood. Enough of these folks using and dumping igbos.

Name one thing the south has done for the igbos? Yet we're at the forefront to fight for any tribe and get nothing from them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by gurnam: 4:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
raker300:

Southern unity with who and who? are you sure you are replying to the actual person?
Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by raker300: 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
Amarabae:
don't mind them. Ordinary to stand with igbos to get seaport etc, they can't. Everyone should stay on his or her own.

We'll do fine without them...we always have. anambra state is building an airport city worth 2.2billion...they don't know where the money is coming from. We've always been building things ourselves and we'll continue
Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by AnambraDota: 4:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
gurnam:

ilugunboy is a yorubaman muslim with an unkempt beards and dark forehead

5 Likes

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by AnambraDota: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
Igbo Development, period
Amarabae:

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by gurnam: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
AnambraDota:

ilugunboy is a yorubaman muslim with an unkempt beards and dark forehead

Another ipob miscreant that is tired of life grin
Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Igboesika: 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
raker300:
go to my handle. I am more igbo than you are. Most of the southeast news here are gotten from me, I have south east in my blood. Enough of these folks using and dumping igbos.

Name one thing the south has done for the igbos? Yet we're at the forefront to fight for any tribe and get nothing from them.

Hmmmm. All I know is that majority are with Igbos come rain come shine.
Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Olabestonic001(m): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
raker300:

You're fighting for your interest and not anybody.
Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Amarabae(f): 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
raker300:
don't mind them. Ordinary to stand with igbos to get seaport etc, they can't. Everyone should stay on his or her own.

We'll do fine without them...we always have. anambra state is building an airport city worth 2.2billion...they don't know where the money is coming from. We've always been building things ourselves and we'll continue
God bless you. I am not even interested in anything SE/SS. Every geopolitical zone should be on their own biko,
enough of this "our oil" noise.
Sam mbakwe build imo airport without one kobo from FG,
South east cities were bombed down during the war, today they are standing, we are rebuilding them.
E.g Enugu, Awka, Onitsha,Owerri etc
We can stand on our own.
I love my enemies to come as enemies than for them to come pretending as friends.

7 Likes

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Amarabae(f): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
AnambraDota:
Igbo Development, period
exactly.! Let everyone be on its own.

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by vantage001: 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
Amarabae:
God bless you. I am not even interested in anything SE/SS. Every geopolitical zone should be on their own biko,
enough of this "our oil" noise.
Sam mbakwe build imo airport without one kobo from FG,
South east cities were bombed down during the war, today they are standing, we are rebuilding them.
E.g Enugu, Awka, Onitsha,Owerri etc
We can stand on our own.
I love my enemies to come as enemies than for them to come pretending as friends.
You are taking nairaland too serious.
Most of these ''we are south-south'' folks on nairaland are afonjas. That is their way.
They claim they are politically advanced because they build alliances, but when igbos do, they call it attache. They are snakes not worth taking serious.
The moronic anti- igbo south-southerner on the other hand on this forum have very little say in anything. They are absolutely irrelevant to the course of nature. Their resources and revenues is being carted away to lagos and the north and there is nothing they can do. That is how impotent they are. They can't even insure a Jonathan presidency which would have suffered a worse humiliation if not for igbo support.
The few ones that matter are building the alliance that matter for their own interests which happens to be in the interest of the SS.

6 Likes

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Amarabae(f): 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
vantage001:

You are taking nairaland too serious.
Most of these ''we are south-south'' folks on nairaland are afonjas. That is their way.
They claim they are politically advanced because they build alliances, but when igbos do, they call it attache. They are snakes not worth taking serious.
The moronic anti- igbo south-southerner on the other hand on this forum have very little say in anything. They are absolutely irrelevant to the course of nature. Their resources and revenues is being carted away to lagos and the north and there is nothing they can do. That is how impotent they are. They can't even insure a Jonathan presidency which would have suffered a worse humiliation if not for igbo support.
The few ones that matter are building the alliance that matter for their own interests which happens to be in the interest of the SS.
oga, South East is open to do business with any geo political zone, be it NE,NW,NC,South west,South south.
Stop creating SEandSS vs Them. Its wrong.
My south east interest comes first and South east don't beg for any alliance.
If you want alliance, we will sit down and discuss it.

3 Likes

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by vantage001: 4:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
Okonjo iweala is from Delta state and an abian by marriage. She represented abia state under Jonathan administration.
She has more say in the niger-delta than all the ''we are south-south'' crew both online and offline.
If you don't like it, jump into a lagoon. I am tired of giving undue relevance to impotents.

4 Likes

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by vantage001: 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
Pat Utomi is from Delta state and a top-ranking member of Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo, and a proud igbo man. He has more say in south-south affairs than all the ''we are south-south'' crew combined.

6 Likes

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by vantage001: 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
Amarabae:
oga, South East is open to do business with any geo political zone, be it NE,NW,NC,South west,South south.
But they are already sitting down and discussing it in owerri.
You take nairaland too serious. Many of the people objecting here are low-lives with no say whatsoever.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by mikeycharles(m): 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
Make them they there they mumu themselves, this one na Igbo, this one no be Igbo kontinue cool

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by AnambraDota: 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
Ilugunboy, its your guy BuddahMonk from wayback grin grin

gurnam:

Another ipob miscreant that is tired of life grin

2 Likes

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by joeprince23(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
we are more united than ever! God bless SE God bless SS

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Blue3k(m): 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
Lol the's threads get dumb every time. Economic integration is already at work example is Abia FTZ bordering Port Harcourt. The railway projects and Port. Lol everyone self interest is served.

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by Maduawuchukwu(m): 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
We Igbo people should always look out for our own interest in any agreement made with any region and to do so we have to logical and un emotional. The issue of South-south/south-east unity is not same as desiring a Biafran state. There are many issues which are in our both interests we can pursue and it must not be about Biafran nationhood. For instance, the Ibaka/Calabar seaport which is going to benefit we the Igbo greatly. Also, 2019 is coming and the South-South is likely going to be the beautiful bride. We can seal an alliance with them which will see our region commanding great political power which we shall use to put our person in power or at least extract great concessions from a desirable candidate. We should be wary of areas in which the south-south might want us to delve into which might no be in our interest, but we should also try to seek alliances in areas in which we all benefit.
South-east/south-south unity must not be about Biafra!
Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by gurnam: 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
AnambraDota:
Ilugunboy, its your guy BuddahMonk from wayback grin grin

Ok, go look for your ilugunboy from wayback then. cheesy cheesy
Way back and you are still loitering with young boys and girls for NL.
Egbon, grow up cheesy
Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by masseratti: 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2017
Amarabae:
@ vantage001 there you go,after Buhari the Presidency goes to Se,they are wiser now,let all of us fight for resource control and stop pointing fingers at each other,lets woo the minorities in the North,with that we can have the required 2/3 to change the constitution,most of the minorities up north are xtians,this should not be hard.
Re: UPDATE: S’east, S’south Meeting In Owerri by vantage001: 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
masseratti:
@ vantage001 there you go,after Buhari the Presidency goes to Se,they are wiser now,let all of us fight for resource control and stop pointing fingers at each other,lets woo the minorities in the North,with that we can have the required 2/3 to change the constitution,most of the minorities up north are xtians,this should not be hard.
I have no problem with that.
You can walk and chew gum at the same time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biography Of Chief Willie Obiano - A Governor Who Brings A Lot Of Progress / Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? / Ghana Is Not Like Nigeria Where Cattle Roam The Streets – Ghanaian President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.