Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Thinking Out Loud - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thinking Out Loud (748 Views)

Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? / Thinking Out Loud! / Kissing Hanks Ass: A Look At Religious Thinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Out Loud by chrisseun(m): 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
To be honest, I've discovered that even the atheist or agnostics are even more good at hearts than so-called religious folks.

For example, Just at a recent religious easter camp fellowship, many properties of worshippers were carted away by people who also claim they came to worship the High Being.
So I'm beginning to doubt that religion is the way forward, only having a good heart is the way forward.

Again we see Christians and Muslims tangled in Corruption cases in Nigeria, so been of a specific religion does not make u better, an atheist is better than ur corrupted religious soul

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 19, 2017
Brother,
I hear you. Don't know if you're a Christian, but I ( as a Christian) get disillusioned sometimes.
Not giving up my faith for anything though...
Try not to paint a all Christians with one long stroke...
We've got a whole lot of rotten (not fully surrendered to Christ) & bruised (hurt) apples.
BUT the fresh apples (joyful) still remain.
"Free thinkers" though intelligent some of them are..still have their issues. Some excel in intellect...but have no empathy, kindness, tact, love, self-LESSness etc.
Problem is they refuse (for whatever reason) to acknowledge the God who created & blessed them with intelligence, creativity, dexterity etc.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by chrisseun(m): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
MZLady39:
Brother,
I hear you. Don't know if you're a Christian, but I ( as a Christian) get disillusioned sometimes.
Not giving up my faith for anything though...
Try not to paint a all Christians with one long stroke...
We've got a whole lot of rotten (not fully surrendered to Christ) & bruised (hurt) apples.
BUT the fresh apples (joyful) still remain.
"Free thinkers" though intelligent some of them are..still have their issues. Some excel in intellect...but have no empathy, kindness, tact, love, self-LESSness etc.
Problem is they refuse (for whatever reason) to acknowledge the God who created & blessed them with intelligence, creativity, dexterity etc.

Does acknowledging a God exist makes me have a good heart or makes me no1 candidate for the so called after life Paradise,NO. Most time I ask people(religious folks) where are the atheists going when when they cease from existing even after Good works to humanity, they reply hell,BTW who are they to judge.
Religious people claim they know and love God, with no regards for their neighbour.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
chrisseun:

Does acknowledging a God exist makes me have a good heart or makes me no1 candidate for the so called after life Paradise,NO. Most time I ask people(religious folks) where are the atheists going when when they cease from existing even after Good works to humanity, they reply hell,BTW who are they to judge.
Religious people claim they know and love God, with no regards for their neighbour.

Brother,
You're gonna have to get to the point where yiu judge an indiviual...not an entire organization.
But yes, knowing "OF" God does not automatically grant one salvation. Gotta know Him. A total heart transformation MUST take place....which translates into sincere goid works towards one's fellow man.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by ifenes(m): 6:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
MZLady39:

Brother,
You're gonna have to get to the point where yiu judge an indiviual...not an entire organization.
But yes, knowing "OF" God does not automatically grant one salvation. Gotta know Him. A total heart transformation MUST take place....which translates into sincere goid works towards one's fellow man.

Knowing God is looking into yourself to let the real you( God Mind)which is the true God dominate the Ego Mind. God is not "him" it's you. Atheist are the ones who try to make the world a better place. Christians are greedy because they think they are on "some" heavenly race. The true race lies inside of you.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Out Loud by Wilgrea7(m): 7:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
chrisseun:

there is a scripture I'm trying to find that says something like “if you can't love your neighbor whom you see.. how then can you love God whom who have not seen?"

many people have their bibles read for them... they don't know love... i understand what you're talking about and I've experienced it a lot from people... but at least you said it right... they claim to know... it must say much about the claim

1 Like

Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
ifenes:

Knowing God is looking into yourself to let the real you( God Mind)which is the true God dominate the Ego Mind. God is not "him" it's you. Atheist are the ones who try to make the world a better place. Christians are greedy because they think they are on "some" heavenly race. The true race lies inside of you.

Brother....lol what?
You have confused me undecided
Re: Thinking Out Loud by sonofthunder: 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
chrisseun:
To be honest, I've discovered that even the atheist or agnostics are even more good at hearts than so-called religious folks.

For example, Just at a recent religious easter camp fellowship, many properties of worshippers were carted away by people who also claim they came to worship the High Being.
So I'm beginning to doubt that religion is the way forward, only having a good heart is the way forward.

Again we see Christians and Muslims tangled in Corruption cases in Nigeria, so been of a specific religion does not make u better, an atheist is better than ur corrupted religious soul
do you know that atheist, freethinkers, Muslims amongst others attend such meetings? ( not trying to justify anyone here ). in fact some people attend such meetings for any and every opportunity to steal... you just focus on your God but make sure you are as wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Out Loud by chrisseun(m): 1:50am On Apr 20, 2017
ifenes:

Exactly.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by chrisseun(m): 2:23am On Apr 20, 2017
i saw this somewhere that There is no true religion, only our hearts must be true

1 Like

Re: Thinking Out Loud by finalbosss1(m): 3:25am On Apr 20, 2017
hmmm
Re: Thinking Out Loud by finalbosss1(m): 3:27am On Apr 20, 2017
ifenes:

nice

(1) (Reply)

Lesson 48th Of RCCG Sunday School Lessons / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/08/17 / Missing One-year-old Girl’s Heart Found In Calabar Church; Rev, 6 Others Arreste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.