Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/08/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/08/17 (749 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/08/2022 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/12/17 / Kenneth Copeland Daily Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/08/17 by dallyemmy: 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: MONDAY, 21ST AUGUST, 2017.

THEME: THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT   

Memorise:

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Corinthians 6:20

Read:  1 Corinthians 3:16-17

3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

The response of the Lord Jesus Christ to the question of a Samaritan woman on God’s approved location of acceptable worship, in john 4:20, put an end to the era where God could only be worshiped in specific places. John 4:21 & 23 says,

“Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.”

Jesus taught her that the time has come when true worshippers of God are not required to visit any physical temple or be present in any particular location in order to worship God acceptably. True worshippers can now worship the Father in spirit and truth.

Building on this teaching, Apostle Paul expounded that the dwelling of God is no longer in temples made by human hands (Acts 17:24). He further revealed that God, in the person of the Holy Spirit, now dwells in the body of those who have yielded to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. In 1 Corinthians 6:19, he wrote this:

“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?”

If you are indeed a Christian, your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Out of love for you, God gave you a unique body, and He wants you to reciprocate His love by making good use of it. The question is, are you conscious of the fact that God’s Holy Spirit dwells in you. Are you aware that you are not your own, and that you are bought with a price? Are you aware that you are to glorify God in your body (1 Corinthians 6:20)? As a child of God, God has taken ownership of your body. You therefore have no preferences in matters concerning your body. You must commit your body to God as a living sacrifice and consciously conduct yourself as the dwelling place of His Holy spirit. A Christian cannot therefore make choices about sexual orientation or engage in behaviours on the basis of personal preference. Without any ambiguity, God has made clear the purpose of our body; therefore, any notion about freedom of choice regarding sexuality and sexual acts is essentially incompatible with God’s word. God also warns that He will destroy those who defile His temple, which is our body. Take note of this and be wise!

Prayer Point:

Father, please abide in me; make my body Your dwelling place, and give me the grace to resist any temptation to misuse my body, in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 24-25
Ezekiel 28:11-24                          

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 6: DEEPER, DEEPER

1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/08/17 by Ibukunore06: 1:04am On Aug 21, 2017
��� *LET US PRAY* ���

.. _*MONDAY, August 21, 2017*_

*PRAYER POINTS* :- _THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT_.

1. *THANKSGIVINGS* .

2. *INTERCESSIONS/SUPPLICATIONS.*

3. *PRAYERS FROM OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL.*

----- Father, I thank you because *YOU ARE A HOLY GOD.*

---- Father, I thank you for saving me and for the salvation of my soul.....

---- _*Father, please abide in me; make my body Your dwelling place, and give me the grace to resist any temptation to misuse my body, in Jesus’ Name......*_

*_-----Father, please fill heart and my body with Your fullness, in Jesus Name....._*

----- Father, please grant unto me the grace not to defile your temple, in Jesus' Name........

----- Everlasting Father, please make the Holy Spirit to lead me at all times, in Jesus' Name........

----- Father, please grant unto me the grace to always worship you in Spirit and in Truth. in Jesus' Name........

4. *PERSONAL PRAYERS REQUESTS:*
-- (John 16:23 - 24,
-- LUKE 18:1,
-- MATT 7:7 - cool......

---- FATHER, I thank you for the answers, for in *JESUS HOLY* Name I have Prayed......

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/08/17 by dallyemmy: 6:10am On Aug 21, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Monday, August 21st, 2017) - THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT 

1.Thank you, Father, for the salvation of my soul and for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

2.Thank you, Jesus, for paying the price for the redemption of my soul, with your own precious blood.

3.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, in anyway that l have defiled or polluted your temple, which is my body, in words, in thought and in deed, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, give me the grace, to keep your temple, which is my body, pure, holy and undefiled, till the coming of your son, Jesus, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, fill me to the brim, with your Holy Spirit, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, l yield my body to you, as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to you; this, being my reasonable service, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, please abide in me; make my body Your dwelling place, in Jesus' Name.

9.Father, empower me to resist every temptation to misuse or abuse my body, in anyway, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, in all that l do, give me the grace to glorify you with my body and life, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, come into my life and make my life your permanent place of abode, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Know If I Am Hearing God, Hearing Satan, Or Hearing My Own Thoughts? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/11/17 / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heaven - Thank You Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.